Subject: (usr-tc) tftp access violation when updated hiperarc

From: Randy McMillan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 20:08:15 +0000

After successfully updating 2 hiperarcs, I am working on the third.  While
updating a hiperarc card 4.1.59 to 5.0.9, TCM gives a tftp: access violation
at about 93% of the download.  If I use tftp from a unix host, I get this
near the end of the transfer.

sent DATA <block=6144, 512 bytes>
received ACK <block=6144>
sent DATA <block=6145, 512 bytes>
received ERROR <code=2, msg=Failed to write netserve.dmf >
Error code 2: Failed to write netserve.dmf
Sent 3145728 bytes in 73.8 seconds
tftp>

There appears to be plenty of free memory with 128meg on the board.  I
haven't rebooted the board yet since I still have users logged in on this
chassis, but that might fix it.  Does anyone have any ideas about this?
Thanks.

Randy McMillan
PacInfo

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 20:33:31 +0000

Also sprach Randy McMillan

>There appears to be plenty of free memory with 128meg on the board.  

Yeah, but how much flash memory?  Check a "list files"  I bet you're
running out of flash memory to write the file out to.  Although with 128
megs of RAM, I would think you would have 16 megs of flash, which should
leave you with enough to do it, but check the "list files" output to see
what's going on for sure.
-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456

-

---

From: Randy McMillan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 21:51:43 +0000

The card has 16mb of flash.  The other cards had hardware version 15.0.0
whereas this one has hardware rev 19.0.0.  The "list file" is shown below.
There are quite a few deleted sectors, but it looks like there would be
enough free sectors unless it is fragmented somehow.

I could try rebooting the card to cleanup the flash file system and/or load
the interim code.  Then it should work.  (I'm an optimist):).

Being that it is Friday, and I will be taking a few days of vacation next
week, and it is working as is, I will probably not do anything more with it
until late next week.  I don't like to break things just before vacation.
(I'm not that much of an optimist) :)

Randy McMillan
PacInfo

HiPer>> list file
Atmarp.cfg                         0            FILE_READ_WRITE
CLI.cfg                            51           FILE_READ_WRITE
CallInitProcess.cfg                12056        FILE_READ_WRITE
Chassis.cfg                        637          FILE_READ_WRITE
ConfigProcess.cfg                  5411         FILE_READ_WRITE
DNS.cfg                            204          FILE_READ_WRITE
DialOutProcess.cfg                 29           FILE_READ_WRITE
EventHandler.cfg                   74           FILE_READ_WRITE
FilterMgr.cfg                      97           FILE_READ_WRITE
IPForwarder.cfg                    3958         FILE_READ_WRITE
IpRterProcess.cfg                  24           FILE_READ_WRITE
L2tpProcess.cfg                    123          FILE_READ_WRITE
MPIPProcess.cfg                    272          FILE_READ_WRITE
Ntp.cfg                            73           FILE_READ_WRITE
PilgrimStrings.ind                 239596       FILE_READ_ONLY
PilgrimStrings.str                 303800       FILE_READ_ONLY
PingProcess.cfg                    19           FILE_READ_WRITE
PppProcess.cfg                     161          FILE_READ_WRITE
PptpProcess.cfg                    82           FILE_READ_WRITE
QuickSetup.cfg                     803          FILE_READ_WRITE
RemotePingProcess.cfg              21           FILE_READ_WRITE
Robo.stats                         559          FILE_READ_WRITE
RoboExecNMProcess.cfg              1796         FILE_READ_WRITE
RoboString.ind                     10612        FILE_READ_ONLY
RoboString.str                     8641         FILE_READ_ONLY
SlipProcess.cfg                    78           FILE_READ_WRITE
SnmpProcess.cfg                    107          FILE_READ_WRITE
TcpProcess.cfg                     36           FILE_READ_WRITE
TermProt.cfg                       92           FILE_READ_WRITE
TftpProcess.cfg                    27           FILE_READ_WRITE
app.ld                             1897082      FILE_READ_ONLY
atm.bin                            26744        FILE_READ_ONLY
bspman.cfg                         184          FILE_READ_WRITE
email_only.in                      182          FILE_READ_WRITE
email_only.out                     180          FILE_READ_WRITE
user_settings.cfg                  3582         FILE_READ_WRITE

Total    Allocated   Deleted   Free     MinimumFree
Sectors  Sectors     Sectors   Sectors  Sectors
   15359     2528       1806     11025      2303

HiPer>>
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Mcadams" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, July 28, 2000 11:26 AM
Subject: Re: (usr-tc) tftp access violation when updated hiperarc

-