Subject: (usr-tc) Quad ana/dig modem not taking calls (another case of)

From: Dan Borlovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 17:08:15 +0000

Hello,

I have a totalcontrol chassis with the following cards:

- 1 dual e1/cas
- 8 digital quad modems
- 6 analog/digital quad modems
- 1 hiper arc
- 1 hiper nmc (p5nmc)

All cards have at least tcs3.5 software

Modem signal source is pritdm.

The dual/e1 card recognizes the modem cards.

I have 2 E1 (30 channels) active. The problem is that the ana/dig modems
do not take calls. All modems (both dig and ana/dig) have the same
configuration. 

What seems to happen:

- a call arives; the dual/e1 tries to communicate with the modem (status
is 'dialling-in'); after about 10s failes and the caller gets a busy
signal from the telco. Meantime modem shows no reaction (doesn't go
off-hook) 

What was tried:

- software reset, hardware reset, chassis powerdown/powerup
- reinserting modem cards
- chaging modem cards
- changing modem source from pritdm to nic, inserting an analog line and
making a call works - so the modem and the harc are fine
- swapping slot positions for dig and ana/dig modems - the dig modems
take calls, the ana/dig don't

The same configuration seems to work in other places using same hardware.

If you have any suggestion, I'll be glad to try. If needed I can provide
debug from the dual/e1 card (the ctrl/d menu), just tell me which debug
options to enable. 

Thanks,

Dan
-- 
Dan Borlovan <[email-masked]>
System Administrator, Network Operation Center
Dynamic Network Technologies - Timisoara, Romania
Telefon: +40-56-204967  FAX: +40-56-220201

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 17:47:03 +0000

Gah!!! I'm in the switchroom, ready to swap out the dual PRI card. You
think I should instead swap the ana/digi modem cards??? Hmmm...I'm 
going to try the PRI first since, if the cards aren't taking calls 
anyway, I can always go back and swap them tonight...

-