Subject: [USR-TC] HELP! RADIUS logfile hitting 2GB in under 15 hours from USR attrib error!

From: Giovanni Navarrette <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 20:31:31 +0000

Hello:

I have this error coming into my logfiles, and i'm hitting the 2GB
filesize limit in under 15 hours. Whats up with this error? Can I tell the
HiPerARC to stop sending this, or is this something that my RADIUS server
is going to have to control? I'm running Merit AAA 3.6B.

Tue Mar 26 00:01:41 2002: generate26: USR attribute 39049 unknown
Tue Mar 26 00:01:41 2002: gen_valpairs: non-encapsulated vendor specific
attribute Vendor-Specific=vUSR-0000988900000000

Thanks :D

----------------------------------------------------
Giovanni Navarrette
USLink Internet Systems Administrator
e-Mail :: [email-masked]

---

From: Mike Greene <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 21:05:13 +0000

>attribute Vendor-Specific=vUSR-0000988900000000

Unless you need VSA's (Vendor Specific Attributes) you should turn them off 
on your ARC's.  After turning of VSA's on my ARC, my log files dropped 
about 40% in size on average.

You want to turn off VSA's for both accounting and authentication.

In TCM go to AAA and then un-check the "enable VSA" for both Auth and Acc, 
the newer HARM software has it on two separate tabs, the older software it 
is on the same page.

For command line use, use the following:

set authentication vsa disabled
set accounting vsa disabled

You can verify your settings by using:

show accounting settings
show authentication settings

- Mike

------------------------------------------------
Rock Island Communications, Inc.  (360)-378-5884
http://www.rockisland.com/  San Juan Islands, WA
------------------------------------------------