Subject: [USR-TC] assigning new ip, new card/slot, ospf

From: Jeff Garvas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 01:30:04 +0000

Hi everyone....

I tried to find this in the history/archives, but I couldn't.

I've acquired a 3com TC rack with six hiper arcs in it (I think?)  We're 
running 6 PRI into the cards and providing dialup/isdn.

We have one more card I'd like to add to that group.  I have the TCM 
software, but I've just given up on that.  For some reason I can't get TCM 
to recognize or login to the unit.  (Its version 6.?? and this is the 
newer 3com chassis)

I'm sure there has to be a way to easily "mirror" one of the 
configurations for the existing cards and include card 7 (and then card 8) 
into the existing pool?

More importantly, I need to reconfigure the IP on this thing.  I know the 
network eth:1 is associated with is "usr2", but I can't figure out how to 
re-assign that IP address.  Any pointers on this?

As a final issue, I am interested in adding this unit to the OSPF area 
with the Cisco(s).  This might be an issue on it's own (and I admit, I 
havn't looked at the archives for this and know I saw something in there 
about it) -- but I'm curious whats involved in disabling RIP, enabling 
OSPF, and how you define all of the networks and the area.

This isnt' anywhere near as important as my first two questions.  My most 
important issue is renumbering the unit itself. 

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

-Jeff

---

From: Dayton Internet <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 14:51:16 +0000

> running 6 PRI into the cards and providing dialup/isdn.

You mean HiPer DSP cards. There should also be at least one HyPer ARC card and
one NMC card.

> to recognize or login to the unit.  (Its version 6.?? and this is the 
 
I have 6.02.3 running to the new chassis with no problems. But I have the HyPer
NMC card to make it run faster. I have it running on a Win 98 machine and also
on Win 2000 machines.

> configurations for the existing cards and include card 7 (and then card 8) 

Yes with TCM you can copy the config from one card to the other. Then you need
to tell the ARC card which DSP cards it is to control. I would have to dig to
find the instruction for that.

> re-assign that IP address.  Any pointers on this?

That is tricky the first time. The NMC needs a IP and the HyPer Arc needs a
different IP, both in the same Class C.

Beyond that, I would have to dig in the manuals.

> _______________________________________________
> USR-TC mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/usr-tc
> 

-- 
     --Rich Adams, President-Dayton Internet Services, Dayton, Ohio--
    [email-masked]
Charter Member of Ohio Internet Service Providers Association www.oispa.org

---

From: Wayne Barber <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 20:00:20 +0000

> > I've acquired a 3com TC rack with six hiper arcs in it (I think?) 
> > We're running 6 PRI into the cards and providing dialup/isdn.
> > 
> > software, but I've just given up on that.  For some reason I can't get
> > TCM to recognize or login to the unit.  (Its version 6.?? and this is
> > the newer 3com chassis)
> >
TCM uses SNMP to talk to the chassis. Have you verified the proper public 
and private strings?

Wayne Barber
Coastal Telco Services