Subject: (usr-tc) IP address change

From: Mark Thornton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 18:37:32 +0000

Can the ip address and gateway of an Arc and NMC be changed on the fly, or
does it require a reboot? We are moving to a new set of IP's and I can
migrate the IP pools rather easily, but I'm not sure on the Arc and NMC
themselves.

Mark Thornton
San Marcos Internet, Inc.
512-393-5300

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Jesse Sipprell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 03:48:31 +0000

> migrate the IP pools rather easily, but I'm not sure on the Arc and NMC

Yes, it can be.  Done it.  Change the NMC via TCM (requires NMC reboot).
Change HARC via `add ip network'.  You'll also need to add a new default
gateway.  Make sure your border router (or whatever) is properly config'd
before-hand, or you could be sorry.  I've done this on POPs 1000 miles away,
and although I was pretty sweaty-palmed, I survived with no problems.

-- 
Jesse Sipprell
Technical Operations Director
Evolution Communications, Inc.
800.496.4736

* Finger [email-masked] for my PGP Public Key *

-