Subject: RE: (usr-tc) MRTG questions

From: Mike Storjohann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 15:27:45 +0000

If anyone should happen to write a script that gathers the number of calls
on a per slot basis, I would be interested in it as well.

I also have 2 hunt groups on one chassis and have always wanted to make this
work.

Thanks

Mike Storjohann
Internet Services Administrator
HunTel.net
[email-masked]
402-426-6136

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Jeff Mcadams
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2000 9:19 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: (usr-tc) MRTG questions

Also sprach Paul Farber
>use the script function of MRTG to pull the numbers via SNMP from the
>NMC (or ARC)

>3Com uses a fairly easy to understand numbering system... just add the
>slot to the port and you get the SNMP index.

>1001 is slot 10 port 1.  Use it in your snmpget/walk to index the
>tables and pull off the values you need.  

>Might be a bit slower than going straight to the card.. but it would
>work.

While I'm not extremely familiar with MRTG's capabilities...if you're
dealing with (say, for example) 4 DSP's in a chassis, and 2 of the DSPs
are one hunt group and the other 2 are the other hunt group, it gets a
bit more hairy.  Obviously its not *terribly* difficult, but it is going
to require some scripting to split apart which is which and adding up.

The usrSlotUtilizationTable gives you number of calls active on a
per-slot basis, which removes the adding up part at least, and also
gives you a nice index value that corresponds with the slot number.
Again...not that it would be terribly hard to come up with in a script,
but with these OIDs, its possible that there would be no script needed
at all.

Incidentally, this table also gives you total number of calls possible
on a per-slot basis (so, if its a quad, it gives you a 4, if its a DSP
running PRI, it gives you a 23, etc.), and nicely calculates a
percentage utilization which is kinda cool (though easily figured out
with the other two numbers :)
-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.