Subject: Re: (usr-tc) HiperDSP with Netserver

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 16:11:35 +0000

I use Total Control Manager Version 5.5.1 what version of tcm begins to
support the hyper dsp cards and how can it be obtained?
thanks
eric

At 10:39 PM 3/27/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Also sprach Steve Monkhouse
>>Yep.. I do exactly the same thing..
>
>>The x2/v90 is in the DSP code, so it dosent matter whether you have
>>enable feature in the NMC..
>
>>The Dual e-1 will handle the PRI's for the quads... The only problem
>>you may run into is that the netserver ( both 4mb and 16mb models im
>>sure ). can only terminate up to 90 calls per card.. and therefore
>>you'll need multinetservers..
>
>Uhm...you sure of that?  ISTR that depending on the code version, the
>NETServer supported something like 60 ports, then 96, then 100.  Of
>course, I use the term "support" here fairly lightly, as running 96
>ports of modems against a NETServer is a *SURE* way to get your
>customers to complain about Quake Lag.
>
>Of course, running E1, 96 wouldn't be enough, so you are still talking
>multi-NETServers...of course, that cuts down the number of E1's you can
>handle, which puts it back under the 96/100'ish limit on the
>NETServer...sucks to be you.  :)  It works nicely (except for the Quake
>Lag) with T1.
>-- 
>Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
>Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
>IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456
>
>-
> To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
> with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
> For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
> "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.
>

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.