Subject: (usr-tc) Freezing HiperARC

From: Steve Cobb <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 19:43:59 +0000

Hi guys,

Here's a dilemma I'm having with a HiperARC.  The card seems to "lock up".  I can reboot the ARC from TCM and the card will come back, sometimes only for about five minutes however.  When it is lockd up, the card won't respond to a ping or a telnet.  The last time this happened, USR tech support had me delete the configuration file and rebuid it.  This worked for about 24 hours and it did the same thing.  We are running 4.2.32 and the TC has been working fine for over 6 months then all of a sudden, BOOM!.  Any thoughts on what might cause this and a fix.  Could this be an attack from someone?

Thanks,
Steve Cobb

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Mike Andrews <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 23:21:13 +0000

Can you get in on the serial console?  Could be a routing problem...  
especially if you're running OSPF.

Mike Andrews (MA12) * [email-masked] * http://www.bit0.com/
VP, sysadmin, & network guy, Digital Crescent Inc, Frankfort KY
Internet services for Frankfort, Lawrenceburg, Owenton, Shelbyville
www.fark.com: If it's not news, it's Fark.  (Or something like that.)

-