Subject: [USR-TC] Platypus, IAS 4.0, Multi-link and double billing

From: USRobotics TC Mailing List <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2002 01:47:26 +0000

I'm currently running a HiperArc with Microsoft IAS 4.0 Radius for
authentication.  We're about to move to Boardtown's Platypus billing
product.  We are trying to bill double-time for multi-link connections, but
Platypus is dropping sessions for the following reason. 

According to the RFC (the Protocol Standard), if a user makes a multi-link
connection (ie ISDN), the user should have different Acct-Session-ID's.
Apparently the AcctSessionID is assigned by the hardware and NOT the radius
server.  This means that the HiperArc is not complying with the Radius
standard.

Anyone know of a fix?

thx.

---

From: Tatai Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2002 06:02:04 +0000

It depends on the version of hiper arc code you are using, the older version
followed the old RFC and the implementation was different.  Upgrading to a
new version is one option or you could make use of the
"Acct-Multi-Session-Id"  attribute to identify the isdn-multilink users.

-V
----- Original Message -----
From: "USRobotics TC Mailing List" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2002 7:51 PM
Subject: [USR-TC] Platypus, IAS 4.0, Multi-link and double billing

> _______________________________________________
> USR-TC mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/usr-tc