Subject: (usr-tc) Hung Modems/What to do?

From: Marshall Morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 05:41:53 +0000

Much of the discussion over the past few days has been quite interesting, but
what are people doing with the modem+neighbor modem hung problem in the field?
We have many of our new DSPs doing this (2-4 DSPs running CT1 and PRI).  Also,
we have had DSPs on PRI's hang the d-channel or T1 carrier as well (maybe telco
here).

Running 2.0.81 HDM and 4.1.59-6 ARC code.

BTW: Anyone at 3Com going to take us up on that offer for a meeting? Gordon
Biersch (http://www.gordonbiersch.com/) was fun, but what about a serious
discussion first!

Thank you,

Marshall Morgan
President

Internet Doorway, Inc (aka NETDOOR)
http://www.netdoor.com

601.969.1434 x28 | 800.952.1570 x28 | 601.969.3629 x28 | Fax 601.969.3838

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Greg Coffey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 05:55:23 +0000

I just wanted to chip in that we have not seen the hung twins as described
here.  We only started buying the DSP's this summer so maybe we got some of
the newer ones.  We are running CT1's exclusively.  

> "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

Thanks,

Greg Coffey, Visionary Communications  V 307-234-5443  F 307-234-5446 
=====================================================================
100 N. Center St., Casper, WY  82601     WWW.VCN.COM         

-

---

From: Brian <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 06:43:39 +0000

If you are talking about the situation where a modem goes out and so does
the one next to it, that is supposedly addressed in a service release.

>  "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

-----------------------------------------------------
Brian Feeny (BF304)     [email-masked]   
318-222-2638 x 109	http://www.shreve.net/~signal      
Network Administrator   ShreveNet Inc. (ASN 11881) 	      

-