Subject: Re: (usr-tc) Switching Authentication

From: Russ Miescke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 12:09:10 +0000

Thanks, I hate it when I can't remember that.
Russ Miescke
Power Web Connect

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Jeff Mcadams" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2000 2:31 PM
Subject: Re: (usr-tc) Switching Authentication

> Thus spake Russ Miescke
> >How do I get the HiperArc to switch back to my main authentication
> >server after it has switched to the secondary?  Is there a command that
> >will cause it to retry the primary automatically?
> 
> Oh...what *is* that command?
> 
> set radius authentication_algorithm fall_through
> -- 
> Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
> Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
> IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456
> 
> -
>  To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
>  with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
>  For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
>  "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.
> 

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Jeremy Malli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 21:26:09 +0000

I'm hoping somebody has an solution for this; I have a USR TC Netserver,
running the latest firmware on all the cards that will not allow me to use
loopstart and immediate signaling at the same time.  I can change the
options in TCM, but after I click Set, and then OK, then save the card to
NVRAM and reboot, it has magically changed the configs for the trunk signal
start back to dialTone.  It will keep the loopstart setting, but no matter
what trunk signaling type I set it to, it will always revert back to
dialtone.  Anybody know how to make the immediate start stick?

Jeremy Malli

-

---

From: Russ Miescke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 21:59:18 +0000

How do I get the HiperArc to switch back to my main authentication server
after it has switched to the secondary?  Is there a command that will cause
it to retry the primary automatically?
Russ Miescke
Power Web Connect

-

---

From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 22:35:34 +0000

Thus spake Russ Miescke

-

---

From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 19:32:59 +0000

Thus spake Russ Miescke
>Thanks, I hate it when I can't remember that.

Yeah...I had to hop on one of mine and look around for it.  Guess I
coulda looked in my config file that has all the commands I use to
config my arcs from...but...ah well...it works.  :)
-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456

-

---

From: Aaron Nabil <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 19:35:49 +0000

I'm banging my head against the wall on this SNMP disconnect problem.  I
want to be able to do a disconnect via a single "set" that is indexed via
session-id or username and session-id.

There are two good candidates.  The best one is 
usrUserMan.usrUserManGroup.usrUserManActiveSessionTable.uumActiveSessionEntry.uumActiveSessionAction
which works when you hand it the session ID it's looking
for.  Unfortunatly, the session-ID it's looking for is "off" by some,
small, random, unpredicatable number compared to the Radius
Session-ID, and you can only learn this bad sesion-ID by doing a "get" to
discover it's corrupted value, which would be as slow as what I'm doing
now.

The other candidate is
usrUserMan.usrUserManGroup.usrUserManVTSTermTable.usrUserManVTSTermEntry.usrUserManVTSTermAction
which has the advantage that it's Session-ID always matches what's in the
Radius accounting records, but the problem is I've never been able to
make it work.  In fact I use this table now to verify the user is still
online before I go whack the modem.

So my choices are one that works, but can't be used beacause it's of
random noise in the session-id, or one that has perfectly matching
session-ids but I can't figgure out how to make it work.

If I buy a support contract, is this something that 3COM would answer or
fix?

--
Aaron Nabil

-