Subject: (usr-tc) Password on a quad modem hub

From: Greg Long <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 22:58:59 +0000

I asked this question a few weeks ago.  I am hoping someone knows a way into
a USRobotics Total Control Enterprise Hub if you don't have the password for
the telnet access.  It is a quad modem hub with dual pri's and an NMC.  The
previous admin has forgotten the password, and where he says it was stored
doesn't exist anymore.  Someone mentioned there is a way to flush the memory
which would restore the password to factory default but it will probably
flush other settings as well.  Seeing as how I can't get into the box to see
how it is setup, I'd really hate to try to figure out what settings would
need to change if I lost some vital info in the flush.  I've also heard talk
about hardwiring into the NMC with a crossover cable.  Has anyone done this?
Does it bypass the password used with telnetting?

Thanks,
Greg Long
Network Administrator
Coastlink
801-532-6212 ext 32
[email-masked]
http://www.coastlink.com

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Jorge Lozano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 18:39:00 +0000

Hi Greg..
I has worked a lot with quad modems... can you tell me what cards are you
trynig to access? netserver.. NMC.. dual?

Regards,

Jorge Lozano

----- Original Message -----
From: "Greg Long" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2000 3:51 PM
Subject: (usr-tc) Password on a quad modem hub

-