Subject: (usr-tc) totalservice warranty registration fubared

From: Mike Andrews <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 23:17:55 +0000

I can't get into totalservice to enable the warranty registration for the
two new chassis I got in today.  As soon as I log into the warranty
registration, it tries to send me to totalservice.usr.com instead of
totalservice.3com.com.  Whoops.

The two boxes came with different versions of code; one came with the
latest, one had old ARC and HiPer NMC code.  I don't have a copy of the
HiPer NMC code to flash onto the other one (this are my first two P5
NMCs), because I can't get into the software download site, and I can't
get into that because I can't get into the warranty registration site...

So unless someone can tell me how to siphon the .dmf file from a running
HiPer NMC card back into a file, or wants to send me a copy of the 7.2.8
DMF file to match what I have running on other hardware I legally own, or
can tell me who to yell at at 3com to get the URL on their website
corrected... :p

Mike Andrews (MA12) * [email-masked] * http://www.bit0.com/
VP, sysadmin, & network guy, Digital Crescent Inc, Frankfort KY
Dialup/ADSL/ISDN/T1 Internet access for Frankfort KY and surrounding counties
www.fark.com: If it's not news, it's Fark.  (Or something like that.)

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Mike Andrews <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 23:51:59 +0000

Nevermind (sort of); I worked around it by editing c:\windows\hosts and
fudging an entry for totalservice.usr.com in there.  That let me get
in to get my cards registered and get the firmware I needed.

3Com still needs to fix the site (or DNS) though.

-