Subject: (usr-tc) OFfice Connect ISDN routers

From: Brian <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 05:21:09 +0000

Does anyone know of any issues with the 3Com Office Connect series ISDN
routers and the Total Control?  We have a user that is having problems out
of his, and support tells me this isn't the first Office Connect with
problems.

Brian

-----------------------------------------------------
Brian Feeny (BF304)     [email-masked]   
318-222-2638 x 109	http://www.shreve.net/~signal      
Network Administrator   ShreveNet Inc. (ASN 11881) 	      

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: "Lon R. Stockton, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 23:51:09 +0000

On Tue, 18 Apr 2000, Brian wrote:

> routers and the Total Control?

Not aware of any; they're our recommended equipment for so/ho
applications (if forseeable growth is less than 20ish machines
connected). Basically, it's what we tell everyone to buy if a Cisco
804 is overkill for their application.

Haven't seen any problems. I'd suggest doing the manual reset on
the thing (where you plug in only a standard telephone into the unit
and punch a code in with the phone's keypad)...and then just set the
entire unit up again. I have to do that to the one we use ourselves
every time I move it to a different location (phone number).

-