Subject: [USR-TC] set packet_logging logging all work?

From: Scott Trautman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 21:14:06 +0000

What I'm trying to do:

Get an idea of when packets are rejected from filters I'm using.

Filters are assigned via RADIUS, and do work just fine.

Use the following command: 

set packet_logging logging all

Which is described as:

set packet_logging logging [all | radius | none] packet_size [0-493 bytes] 
A description of each parameter follows. 
All - Creates SYSLOG messages globally for all filtered packets. 
Radius - Checks the RADIUS profile (Filter-Log-Packet attribute in the
Access-Accept packet) on a per-user basis. 
None - No SYSLOG messages generated. 
0-493 bytes - Use a number between 0 and 493 to specify how many bytes of
the discarded packet to send to SYSLOG. Setting to 0 causes the entire
packet to be included in the SYSLOG message. 

I see nothing in the syslog whatsoever relating to this other than a few
sporadic:

Mar 21 15:04:00 lkm-ha1 At 16:03:59, Facility "Filter Manager Process",
Level "COMMON":: FM: No RADIUS rules available for user_handle=2bae06c,
status=554d650c

The filter DOES work, however, and I DID set the syslog to "verbose" (the
above message came from that), but I'm really wondering if this command does
anything at all.

So, does this work, or, how do you debug filters other than "okay, it's just
spinning now"...?

SMT

Scott M. Trautman  President/Owner
Global Dialog Internet  [email-masked]
http://www.gdinet.com

2810 Crossroads, Suite LL2
Madison WI 53718 608-240-4638/800-482-4638
608-240-3637fax
The Best in Broadband, Hosting and Dialup Internet Solutions for South
Central and Eastern Wisconsin since 1995