Subject: [USR-TC] New software

From: Lewis Bergman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 16:28:32 +0000

Has anyone tried the 5.3.3 HiperARC software or the HiperDSP 3.5.12 that goes 
with it?

My contract has expired and I am wondering if it is worth the $2600.00 to 
upgrade it. I currently have 3.5.100 on the DSP's. Any advice welcome.
-- 
Lewis Bergman
Texas Communications
4309 Maple St.
Abilene, TX 79602-8044
915-695-6962 ext 115

---

From: Seth Jacobs <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 16:41:06 +0000

I've been advised not to use HiperDSP 3.5.12, that it has problems with
winmodems.  I've been advised that 3.5.100 is a better choice.

Seth

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lewis Bergman" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, July 03, 2002 9:24 AM
Subject: [USR-TC] New software

> _______________________________________________
> USR-TC mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/usr-tc

---

From: Justin Kendall <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 17:17:06 +0000

I've been using 5.3.2 with 3.5.100 for a while and it's finally a pair that
I like!!!
Unless there are very compelling reasons to use anything else I'll stick
with it this way for a bit.
By the way...3.5.12, at least for me, had major problems. If you have
3.5.100 now...stay with it.
-Justin-

---

From: Casen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 22:24:20 +0000

Hi list.

I'm currently running a TCR1000 with 2 PRI DSP's.  I'm running some
older versions for both my HiperArc and my DSP's and was wondering if
you thought it would be beneficial to upgrade to the recommendations
made by Justin below.

My current Arc version is 5.0.9.
My current DSP version is 2.0.19.

I have a support contract, so getting the upgrades isn't a problem.  I
just wanted to find out what the general consensus was on whether it
would be worth it or not.  Thanks for any advice.

Casen

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Justin Kendall
Sent: Wednesday, July 03, 2002 3:19 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [USR-TC] New software

I've been using 5.3.2 with 3.5.100 for a while and it's finally a pair
that
I like!!!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Seth Jacobs" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, July 03, 2002 5:38 PM
Subject: Re: [USR-TC] New software

> > Has anyone tried the 5.3.3 HiperARC software or the HiperDSP 3.5.12
that
> goes
> > with it?
> >
> > My contract has expired and I am wondering if it is worth the
$2600.00
to

---

From: Marshall Morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2002 04:42:08 +0000

Installed the 3.5.100 sw on a newer HiperDSP T1 card.  Rebooted it.  Noticed
the T1 didn't look right.  I looked at it and it had not restored the
original T1 configuration (and possibly other).  I changed it back to D4,
AMI, robbed bit and rebooted it.  This time it came up almost right - but
without the AMI setting.  Huh?  This happened on both DSPs I was upgrading
in this remote POP.  Just beware of it as I almost forgot the settings for
this POP as it's in a pretty small town.

PS:  We are running 5.3.3 ARC *128M*, 3.5.100 DSP and 8.6.3 NMC without any
real issues.

Marshall Morgan

Internet Doorway, Inc (aka NETDOOR)
http://www.netdoor.com

601.969.1434 x28 | 800.952.1570 x28 | 601.969.3629 x28 | Fax 601.969.3838

---

From: Mike Greene <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 15:38:34 +0000

Has "3.5.100" been officially released yet?  I don't see it on the download 
site, nor at Source Technology's download site.

- Mike

------------------------------------------------
Rock Island Communications, Inc.  (360)-378-5884
http://www.rockisland.com/  San Juan Islands, WA
------------------------------------------------

---

From: Jim Greene <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 15:59:51 +0000

I have to truly wonder if there is anyone left to code new releases at
CommWorks anymore..  3.5.100 is the engineering release, and they have yet
to release any "official" code since Feb 26.  Since 3.5.100 seems to fix
most of the winmodem problems and one would assume they would give it a new
release number, and throw it up as an official release.  That and the fact
that tcs4.5 killed TCM (which was free).  Now they want to start to make us
use CEM, and charge for it above the cost of a normal support contract.
Hopefully someone at Commworks is listening and gets off their ass.
************************************************
James W Greene
System Administrator / Systems Engineer
Oxford Networks
Dialup - DSL - Web Hosting
www.megalink.net
[email-masked]
************************************************

---

From: Casen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 16:03:45 +0000

I contacted Source-T about upgrading to 5.3.2 and 3.5.100 last week.  They told
me they only upgrade people to 5.3.3 and 3.5.13.  They were unwilling to make
3.5.100 available to me.

- -----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Mike Greene
Sent: Monday, July 15, 2002 9:37 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [USR-TC] DSP code 3.5.100 ???

- - Mike

- ------------------------------------------------
Rock Island Communications, Inc.  (360)-378-5884
http://www.rockisland.com/  San Juan Islands, WA
- ------------------------------------------------

---

From: Marshall Morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 07:14:13 +0000

I am sure it's not being release due to the problems in the code (that I am
sure others have noticed besides myself).

1.  Doesn't restore the T1 Settings on the DSP.
2.  Doesn't set some T1 Settings right and after a reboot reverts to a line
coding of  B8ZS.

I just flashed an out of action DSP in a chassis.  It was set to ESF, B8ZS,
DMS100 on 3.1.107 and after the standard reboot after loading the software
via TCM it came back as a 5ESS ... just like my other DSP in a remote city.
I made the correct setting changes on the freshly flashed DSP and it came
back correctly.

Bad Programmers!  Bad!  I would say the code is not up to par on it's
settings, but 3.5.13 might be better as it's not an SR code.  Anyone got it
for me to try since the "TOTAL CRAP" site doesn't have it?

Marshall Morgan