Subject: (usr-tc) Ascend-IP-Direct / Policy Routing

From: Carl Litt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 19:51:35 +0000

Does anyone know if the RADIUS attribute "Ascend-IP-Direct" is supported
by the HiPerARC?  If so, what versions?  Both Cisco and Nortel CVX claim
to support this VSA.

>From the definitions I've seen, Ascend-IP-Direct is used in an Access-Accept
and tells the RAS to direct this user's packets to the provided gateway
IP.  We would be using this to provide transparent content filtering
to select customers based on their RADIUS/LDAP entry.

Otherwise, is there a way to do policy routing on the ARC via RADIUS?
I've looked at filters, but they don't seem to give the ability to
redirect, only accept or reject.  (I am running ARC V4.2.32).

Thanks,
Carl Litt
Network Administrator
Execulink Internet

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 00:47:11 +0000

Also sprach Carl Litt
>Does anyone know if the RADIUS attribute "Ascend-IP-Direct" is
>supported by the HiPerARC?  If so, what versions?  Both Cisco and
>Nortel CVX claim to support this VSA.

>From the definitions I've seen, Ascend-IP-Direct is used in an
>Access-Accept and tells the RAS to direct this user's packets to the
>provided gateway IP.  We would be using this to provide transparent
>content filtering to select customers based on their RADIUS/LDAP entry.

>redirect, only accept or reject.  (I am running ARC V4.2.32).

Look in the manuals for Internet Equal Access...often TLA'ed to IEA.
This will do the equivalent and can be set via a VSA in RADIUS.
-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456

-

---

From: Ryan Tucker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 03:08:45 +0000

Well, it turns out to be Ascend-Client-Gateway over here on our Max's... 
Ascend-IP-Direct didn't do it :-)

But that's not your question... take a look at IEA-Next-Hop-Router.  I 
think this will do what you need.  -rt (standards -- so many to choose 
from)

On Monday, July 23, 2001, at 01:47 , Carl Litt wrote:

> Access-Accept

-