Subject: (usr-tc) Question re: L2TP

From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 22:02:24 +0000

Hrmm...was browsing through the 4.2 Harc product reference and noticed
something...there is the following note:

	A HiPer ARC may only be set as the LAC.  It can not be set as an
	LNS....

I'm curious...I went back into the 4.1 config guide and this language
was not in there that I found.  Has this functionality been removed in
4.2?  I know it works in 4.1.59-6 'cause I'm using it on one of my Arcs.
It would really suck if it was gone in 4.2.  :)  I did check my system
that I have running 4.2 as a testbed, and the "enable l2tp lns" command
is still there, and it *seems* to still enable the actual lns
functionality (though I don't have an easy setup to test this out at the
moment).

What's up with this note in the 4.2 product reference?
-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Mike Wronski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 22:36:40 +0000

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked]
> [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Jeff Mcadams
> Sent: Thursday, October 21, 1999 12:59 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: (usr-tc) Question re: L2TP
>
>

L2TP LNS was only functional tested and not stress/load tested. Therefore we
are not supporting scaled use of a HiperARC as LNS in the 4.2 code base.
This will not be the case in HARC 5.0.

-m

-

---

From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 22:48:44 +0000

Thus spake Mike Wronski

>This will not be the case in HARC 5.0.

A'ight...makes sense.  Maybe this could be explained better in manuals
in the future?  I dunno...might cause some confusion...but I guess
that's probably gonna happen now matter how you say it (witness my
confusion :/ )

Thanks for the answer anyway.  :)
-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456

-