Subject: (usr-tc) S/A Server is crashing

From: Eric Ryoti <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2000 00:08:38 +0000

Hello,

I've been running the Total Control Security and Accounting Server for
what seems like forever with no problems whatsoever.  Suddenly for no
apparent reason it has started crashing.  There is no regularity to when
the crashes occur, and the exceptions happen at a variety of addresses. 
Has anybody else seen this type of behaviour?  Or does anyone have any
ideas on what may have happened?  The software has been installed now on
a new machine with a fresh installation of NT, all the updates
installed, the only thing that the old server and the new have in common
is the .mdb database file.  The new server crashes with the same
errors.  sigh.

Eric

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2000 02:06:45 +0000

I had the exact same problem with version 5.5.3. It would run great for
months and the crash several times on three servers simultaneously. I was
never ever able to find a cause. I got a copy of ServersAlive which would
monitor the radius server and then kill Dr Watson when there was a crash and
restart the Radius server. Very messy but it got me by. I've since installed
a 6.0 version and haven't seen the problem again but it's only been about
three weeks so I'm still holding my breath.

Jim
GWE.NET

----- Original Message -----
From: Eric Ryoti <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, January 03, 2000 3:05 PM
Subject: (usr-tc) S/A Server is crashing

-