Subject: (usr-tc) What code versions?

From: Brian <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 05:14:43 +0000

What code versions are you all running on your TC equipment in production
ISP enviroments?  I am still running 4.1.13 on the ARC's and 2.0.51 on the
HDM's.

I would like to upgrade to the latest versions that will give me the least
headaches.

Brian

-----------------------------------------------
Brian Feeny		    e:[email-masked]
CCNP+ATM/Security, CCDP     p:318.222.2638x109
Network Administrator	    f:318.221.6612
ShreveNet Inc. (ASN 11881)

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Mike Andrews <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 20:24:31 +0000

For a second my brain parsed your last sentence as "...give me the latest
headaches" ;-)

ARC 5.0.9
DSP 2.1.9
NMC 7.1.8, HiPerNMC 7.2.8
Quad 6.1.86 (until our new DSP's arrive and we we trade our last Quads in)

This has been very solid for us for a while now.  Very few winmodem
issues.  The ARC has some SNMP-related memory leaks, but it only affects
certain (newly introduced) OIDs.  The 486 NMC's get a little weird under 9
PRI's worth of load; I'll put in P133 NMC's as soon as my Quads are gone
and I don't need an x2 key anymore.  Other than that, things are cool.

I haven't even looked at the new ER release of ARC code -- what's it
supposed to fix?

Mike Andrews * [email-masked] * [email-masked] * http://www.bit0.com
VP, sysadmin, & network guy, Digital Crescent Inc, Frankfort KY
Internet access for Frankfort, Lexington, Louisville and surrounding counties
www.fark.com: If it's not news, it's Fark.  (Or something like that.)

-