Subject: (usr-tc) Padding/Fiber/Proximity to CO

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 08:56:57 +0000

We just moved to a new location with a fiber feed for our PRIs.
We are located right across the street from the phone company, 
Hell Atlantic.  We are getting increases in our disconnects and 
in connection failures but most appear to be generated from customers 
who are served from the same co as us.  I thought I read in postings 
a while ago that being too close to the co and on fiber that the 
lines would be too "hot" and would need to be toned down with 
padding to make then connections better.  Is there something that 
the phone company needs to do?  It is very hard trying to find anyone 
with clues at BA.

Would lowering the transmitter level variable from -11 to -13 help 
or should it be raised to say -10?

thanks
eric

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Aaron Nabil <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 10:53:08 +0000

On Sun, 30 Jan 2000 [email-masked] wrote:

> padding to make then connections better.

No.

> Is there something that 

No and no.

--
Aaron Nabil

-