Subject: (usr-tc) dead fan in chassis

From: "Jolliffe, Anu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 21:02:02 +0000

I have a dead fan in the removable fan tray of chassis.  I am looking for
the best way to deal with this issue based on previous experience.
 
So far I have come up with a coupe of solutions, but am looking for the
quickest and easiest way to deal with this issue.
 
Send the tray back to 3com
Source a similar fan myself and replace myself
 
Do you have a better way?
 
Thanks.
Anu Jolliffe
Network Administrator
Imagen Communications Inc.
(250) 538-0406 FAX (250) 537-5820

---

From: Mike Andrews <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 07:46:31 +0000

Funny, I just had the exact same thing happen this week.  To get back up
and running in a hurry, I just spent $200 on a new tray...  and maybe I'll
go swap the one particular fan in the dead tray later.  I'm pretty sure
it's out of warranty and we don't have a support contract, so I don't have
a lot of other options other than "fix myself" and "junk it". :)

Mike Andrews (MA12) * [email-masked] * http://www.bit0.com/
VP, sysadmin, & network guy, Digital Crescent Inc, Frankfort KY
Internet services for Frankfort, Lawrenceburg, Owenton, Shelbyville
"Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things."

> (250) 538-0406 FAX (250) 537-5820

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Kevin Benton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 21:46:56 +0000

> Do you have a better way?

Send that puppy home if it's under warranty.  If not, do you have a spare
chassis you've bought just for DSP's?  If so, you should have a spare
to move everything over to.  If not, you may want to consider getting one
if for nothing else than having spares.  It's a lot cheaper in the long
run than having to have hardware contracts...

Kevin Benton

E-Mail:  [email-masked]
Web:     http://users.sota-oh.com/~s1kevin/
Unsolicited advertisements processing fee: $50 subject to change without notice

-

---

From: Sergio Gonzalez <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 02:36:08 +0000

*This message was transferred with a trial version of CommuniGate(tm) Pro*
Hi there. I got a BIG problem with a HiperARC card. We had an electrical 
problem with the chasis and it seems to be a problem with the "OS" of the 
HiperARC. Sometimes it boots well, tries to run the SW, but tells me the SW 
is corrupted and I will need to make a software dwld. Well, this is THE 
BEST thing ever happen.. but in all the other SAD times I try to boot the 
card and it only goes to red led alarm (critical) AND DOES NOTHING. Any 
ideas how to make the card boot with "the scencial" to try a software dwld.?

Thanks !!

Sergio
Sergio Gonzalez
Director Operativo -- Operative Manager
Skynet de Colombia S.A.
SantafÃ© de BogotÃ¡, Colombia, South America.
57(+1) 6 422 020

-