Subject: (usr-tc) Quad modem x2 tx level

From: Dan Borlovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 11:29:09 +0000

Hello,

In order to try improve user x2 connect speeds, I tried to raise the x2
transmit level on quad modem cards. The problem is I have two quad modem
models (analog/digital vs. digital only) and the first don't let me go
higher than -12dB, while the other ones happily accepted -10dB (this is as
far as I may go from the telco point of view)

Now the only difference between modems is the analog capability (referring
to the possibility of getting signal from nic or pritdm) and the country
code.

All modems are setup as digital, taking signal via pritdm from e1 card.

Is there anything I can do about this one?

Dan
-- 
Dan Borlovan <[email-masked]>
System Administrator, Network Operation Center
Dynamic Network Technologies - Timisoara, Romania
Telefon: +40-56-204967  FAX: +40-56-220201

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.