Subject: Re: (usr-tc) HARC memory (prices)

From: Mike Greene <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 16:21:50 +0000

At 09:58 AM 5/24/01 -0400, you wrote:
>Thanks loads. I guess I can use the 64M in an older computer here. I need 
>to get the new unit online then make the switchover before upgrading, or 
>was the
>startup with 128M seamless? (I have 2 hiper arc cards, one new just now 
>'burning in' with 128M)

Heh, good question!  I'm just now getting my 2nd ARC (in same chassis) 
setup, but I have many unanswered questions as to how to really integrate 
this into the system, how much of the config is identical to the primary 
ARC?  I would assume pretty much all of it with exception to the Ether:1 
interface IP settings, and probably some OSPF stuff...

The other thing I've been pondering is, what is the purpose of the 2nd 
ether port on the ARC, can anybody give me a good example of why/how or 
what benefits would be realized by utilizing it?

I saved the config from the primary ARC via HARM and was going to try and 
"restore" that config to the secondary, but was wondering if I did that 
and  the IP address was also applied what would go awry in the way of routing?

I've poked around in the docs, looked around the web for some examples but 
haven't found anything as of yet.

Maybe somebody here may chime in with some examples or explanation of some 
good configs to consider... hello anybody?  :-)

- Mike

------------------------------------------------
Rock Island Communications, Inc.  (360)-378-5884
http://www.rockisland.com/  San Juan Islands, WA
------------------------------------------------

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.