Subject: [USR-TC] interface originating ip for radius

From: "Jose Orlando T. Ribeiro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 15:20:04 +0000

hello!

I was using a HiArc with a wan serial interface as gateway. Everithing worked
fine.

Then we used at another site a HiArc with two wan interface for a higher traffic
capability. So during my testes I noted that we dial-in users weren't being
authenticated. Using monitor radius I could see that the RAS was sending
authentication requests but there wasn't any answer from the radius.

Then I changed the radius to my machine and started to capture incoming radius
packets and I could see that the originating ip field was from the Hi-Arc's
wan-serial, not from the ethernet interface (that was listed in the radius as
the originating ip).

To obtain a fast workaround I used the following commands:

set ip application radius "eth:1_ip_address"
set ip application ping "eth:1_ip_address"
set ip application trace "eth:1_ip_address"

now radius, ping and traceroute packets coming from this HiArc come with the ip
from eth:1 as I needed.

My question is: why that problem just appears with two wan interfaces connected?
I looked the configuration from both sites and they were just the same (except
that one is using twom wan interfaces).

Any help is appreciated!

TIA 

orlando

-- 

        ,~~v~~,            ,~~v~~, 
       ,'.   .',          ,'.   .', 
      ===  +  ===        ===  +  === 
       /   ~   \          /   ~   \    
      /\_m   m_/\        /\_m   m_/\
     .\  +----------------------+  /. 
     /   ! [email-masked]  !   \  
      /  +----------------------+  \  
       `\m/ \m/'           `\m/ \m/'