Subject: [USR-TC] unnumbered PPP connections.

From: Sergio Gonzalez <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 16:01:08 +0000

*This message was transferred with a trial version of CommuniGate(tm) Pro*
Hello there.

I was wondering someone in the list can help me with a little thing. I need 
to route a subnet A.B.C.D/24 via dial-up (ISDN) in a Hiper ARC. Actually 
the user that has in his LAN the A.B.C.D/24 network is dialing into the RAS 
and get connected with a dynamic IP address W.X.Y.Z/32 from the pools 
already working in the Hiper ARC. I need the packets coming from A.B.C.D/24 
network go throught the PPP connection made to the RAS.

How can I do this?

Thanks a lot.

Sergio Alejandro Gonzalez
Director Operativo
SkyNet de Colombia.
Bogota, Colombia, South America.
57 (+1) 6 422 020
57 (+3) 7 285 094

---

From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 09:10:06 +0000

Also sprach Sergio Gonzalez
>I was wondering someone in the list can help me with a little thing. I
>need to route a subnet A.B.C.D/24 via dial-up (ISDN) in a Hiper ARC.
>Actually the user that has in his LAN the A.B.C.D/24 network is dialing
>into the RAS and get connected with a dynamic IP address W.X.Y.Z/32
>from the pools already working in the Hiper ARC. I need the packets
>coming from A.B.C.D/24 network go throught the PPP connection made to
>the RAS.

Include a "Framed-Route" attribute in the RADIUS response with the route
specification for A.B.C.D/24...something along the lines of:

Framed-Route = "A.B.C.D/24 0.0.0.0 1"

I think will do it...the "0.0.0.0" will be replaced by the Arc with the
IP address assigned out of the dynamic pool.

You'll then need to have RIPv2 or OSPF running within your network, so
that the rest of the network can find which Arc to send packets in the
A.B.C.D/24 netblock to.  Unless you can guarentee that the user will
only ever hit a single Arc, in which case you can put in static routes
in your network to take care of it.

I recommend RIPv2 or OSPF if possible.
-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456