Subject: RE: [USR-TC] V.92 and Teleco

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 20:30:16 +0000

Steve,

If your Telco supports call-waiting (which you activate with a "flash" of
the hook switch), you should be fine. That's all that is happening...you
flash the hook switch (via the v.92 MOH control panel) and your modem will
go into a re-train type of state. When you do another "hook switch flash",
your modem will retrain and connect back up. Kind of sneaky/tricky...not
rocket science.

Rick
Team Solunet

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Johnson [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, March 07, 2002 2:41 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [USR-TC] V.92 and Teleco

Does the teleco need to support anything special in order for us to support 
V.92.  Assuming I have all the hardware, all the firmware upgrades for V.92,

am I still limited to V.90 by my teleco?

The reason I'm asking is because of the increased upload speed, seems the 
reason for the limited upload speed on V.90 was due to CO limitations.  

Also what about internet on hold features?  Does it have to be supported by 
the CO?

V.92 may not be worth upgrading to if my Teleco does not support this stuff 
=).   We use PacBell in N. Calif.

-Steve

_______________________________________________
USR-TC mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/usr-tc