Subject: [USR-TC] SNMP Requests

From: Casen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 13:17:02 +0000

Since you guys were oh so helpful with my Radius problem.. :)

I'm fairly new to SNMP, so please don't laugh too hard if this is pretty
basic.  But anytime I try to query my HiperNMC for a value, all I get is
the system.sysUpTime oid.  I've downloaded all the MIBs from source-t
and installed them.  Here's a list of the output I get for a query.

terra#> snmpget -m ALL -M ~xeen/tcrmibs/ hipernmc.aros.net publicstring
1.3.6.1.4.1.429.4.2.1.10.0
Did not find 'PerfCurrentCount' in module #-1
Did not find 'PerfIntervalCount' in module #-1
Did not find 'PerfTotalCount' in module #-1
system.sysUpTime.6.1.4.1.429.4.2.1.10.0 = Timeticks: (121730786) 14
days, 2:08:27.86
terra#> 

I pulled that OID from the recent conversation with pankaj, but I get
the same thing with any of the oid's given under TCM's help for
determining a particular value.  I'm sure I'm just being doughheaded in
one way or another, but I've pounded my head on this one for quite
awhile and all I ended up with was a headache.

Any help is appreciated.

Casen
ArosNet Systems Administration

---

From: Lewis Bergman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 20:49:17 +0000

> terra#> snmpget -m ALL -M ~xeen/tcrmibs/ hipernmc.aros.net publicstring
try putting a dot ( . ) in front of the OID
-- 
Lewis Bergman
Texas Communications
4309 Maple St.
Abilene, TX 79602-8044
915-695-6962 ext 115