Subject: (usr-tc) Reset back to primary

From: Dayton Internet <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 17:28:44 +0000

I think this was brought up earlier, but I cant find any information to answer
the question. 

I find that the TS1000 HyperARC doesnt revert back to the primary authentication
server. When the primary fails and the arc switches to the secondary, the arc
does not switch back to the primary after the primary is restored.

Several questions? Is there a setting in the arc to cause it to look/watch for
the primary to come back online and switch back to it.

What is the command to manually switch it back. 

Does any one have experience showing what will happen if the primary is restored
to servers but the arc is using the secondary, and the secondary is
disabled. Will the arc swicth back to the primary?

-- 
 --Rich Adams, President-Dayton Internet Services, Dayton, Ohio--
[email-masked]

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 17:44:43 +0000

Also sprach Dayton Internet
>I find that the TS1000 HyperARC doesnt revert back to the primary
>authentication server. When the primary fails and the arc switches to
>the secondary, the arc does not switch back to the primary after the
>primary is restored.

>Several questions? Is there a setting in the arc to cause it to
>look/watch for the primary to come back online and switch back to it.

set radIUS auTHENTICATION_ALGORITHM faLL_THROUGH

>What is the command to manually switch it back. 

Not sure that there is one to manually do it.

>Does any one have experience showing what will happen if the primary is
>restored to servers but the arc is using the secondary, and the
>secondary is disabled. Will the arc swicth back to the primary?

It should, yes.
-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456

-