Subject: (usr-tc) Problems with fast busy on Hiper DSP's

From: "Clint R. Sparks" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2000 07:16:19 +0000

Hello,

We are having problems with a fast busy situation on a Total Control using
Hiper DSP cards using 2.0.81 on the first three Hiper DSP's and 2.0.51 on
the last two (this was to test the new code) and a Hiper ARC card using
4.1.59-6. We use PRI lines 23 B's and 1 D per PRI line in Ameritech area who
uses a 5ess switch. We had four Hiper DSP cards and added a fifth one
Friday, since then we have had a problem where the TC can only take 92
connections instead of 115, once 92 modems are filled up anyone calling in
gets a fast busy signal, the 92 connections can even span across all five
Hiper DSP cards but once it gets to 92 a fast busy. We have checked all the
Hiper ARC settings against another Total Control chassis we have with more
cards and all the settings look right, we have rebooted the Hiper ARC and
the Hiper DSP's but this has not helped. Ameritech has checked and all the B
channels and D channels are up and provisioned properly. We can't help
thinking that we have missed something, any help or ideas would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you,

Clint R. Sparks
ComQuest Internet Services
[email-masked]

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: System Administrator <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2000 15:09:11 +0000

I don't work with PRI's here, but it almost looks like you added trunks and
forgot to increase the IP pool.  Do a "list ip pool" and make sure the total
count is at least 115.

HTH,

Justin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Clint R. Sparks
Sent: Monday, January 03, 2000 11:13 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: (usr-tc) Problems with fast busy on Hiper DSP's

Hello,

Thank you,

Clint R. Sparks

-

-