Subject: Re: (usr-tc) Problems with macs and HiperARC 4.1.59

From: Todd Keister <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 22:41:38 +0000

Das:

     This is a known issue.  According to Network Engineers on our DSP team the
issue is in the Free PPP code.  Apparently the later versions of our Hiper Arc
code have now exposed an issue that was latent in the Free PPP code all along.
Since this issue is in the FreePPP Product, we can not directly resolve this
issue.  Currently I have been told there are no plans for a 3Com fix for this
issue.  The obvious work around is to have the Mac End Users use any other
program than Free PPP.

     Hope this helps.

          Todd ;-}

das <[email-masked]> on 09/23/99 01:06:12 AM

Please respond to [email-masked]

Sent by:  das <[email-masked]>

To:   [email-masked]
cc:    (Todd Keister/MW/US/3Com)
Subject:  (usr-tc) Problems with macs and HiperARC 4.1.59

I'm having quite a few problems with macs connecting with FreePPP to my HARC
running 4.1.59.  It will never connect on the first try, but subsequent attempts
seem to be OK.  It is completely reproduceable and is happening on more than one
card.
I am willing to re-flash the card to older code, except the last time I did this
the HARC lost it's configuration. (forgot it's IP Address)  Being that the
problem
cards are in remote pops, I would rather try a fix for the current code first.
Anyone have any ideas?

Sorry if this has been answered before, I was mysteriously unsubscribed from
this
list and missed a lot of posts.

das

--
____________________________________________
Alex Substanley       Global OnLine Japan
                Engineering Department
Das Man               TEL: 81-3-5334-1700
Systems Engineer      FAX: 81-3-5334-1711
  The Highest Quality Service, Bar None
____________________________________________

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 22:46:54 +0000

Thus spake Todd Keister
>issue.  The obvious work around is to have the Mac End Users use any other

Come on 3Com folks...here's where you can make an improvement to your
customer service.

What is the bug in FreePPP?  Giving specifics is a good thing.  It gives
you more credibility, and helps us help our customers better.  :)  Who
knows...one of us intelligent people out here might be able to figure
out a fix that you all hadn't thought of.  :)

(I get annoyed when companies think that everyone intelligent works for
them :)
-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456

-