Subject: Re: [USR-TC] CERT Advisory CA-2002-03: SNMPv1 Vulnerabilities

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 18:45:10 +0000

CERT Advisory Response

                              On February 12th, 2002, the Computer Emergency Response Team
                              Coordination Center, CERT®, issued Advisory CA-2002-03 which
                              describes numerous vulnerabilities in multiple vendors' SNMP
                              implementations. CERT® is the Internet security oversight organization,
                              which monitors Internet security conditions and advises Internet users of
                              vulnerability conditions. CommWorks Corporation is currently assessing
                              the impact of these vulnerabilities on CommWorks products.

                              As an immediate precaution, customers should review the solutions
                              suggested in Section III at
                              http://www.cert.org/advisories/CA-2002-03.html, and implement those
                              appropriate to their network environment. In particular, CommWorks
                              advises isolating the management network from the user data network in
                              order to minimize vulnerability and service impact related to any security
                              breach.

                              CommWorks customers should monitor
                              http://totalservice.commworks.com/cert_update.cfm for updated
                              information addressing this advisory, as well as information on available
                              patches for CommWorks products.

Carl Litt <[email-masked]>@mailman.xmission.com on 02/13/2002 01:29:00
PM

Sent by:  [email-masked]

To:   [email-masked]
cc:
Subject:  [USR-TC] CERT Advisory CA-2002-03: SNMPv1 Vulnerabilities

CERT has just released an advisory concerning vulnerabilities in SNMPv1
which exist in many vendor implementations, including 3Com.

3Com has acknowledged that several switches are are vulnerable, but there
has been no news about the Total Control series.  Does anyone know if the
SNMP implementation on the ARC/NMC cards is safe?

For reference:

http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/id/854306
http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/id/107186

Carl Litt
Network Administrator
Execulink Internet

_______________________________________________
USR-TC mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/usr-tc