Subject: Re: (usr-tc) Disconnect reasons

From: Steve Valiunas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 18:14:35 +0000

Greg,
     See the Hiper Network Management Card SNMP and MIB Reference (#
1.024.1661-00), available on http://totalservice.3com.com.    Chapter 24: Modem
Disconnect and Fail to Connect Reason Reference is what you'll be interested in.

STeve Valiunas

"Greg owens" <[email-masked]> on 01/11/2000 07:35:08 PM

Please respond to [email-masked]

Sent by:  "Greg owens" <[email-masked]>

To:   [email-masked]
cc:    (Steve Valiunas/MW/US/3Com)
Subject:  (usr-tc) Disconnect reasons

Looking at the Total Control It will list several types of disconnect
reasons.....rcvdGatewayDiscCmd, NormalUserCallClear,v42DisconnectCm, along with
several others...Where can I find a explanation of these reasons. Which ones
other than CarrierLoss should alert me to problems other than the users just
logged off.  Thanks
Greg Owens
Magnolia Internet Services
http://www.magnolia-net.com

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 18:22:40 +0000

Would like to hear from anyone who has been running this code for
a few weeks...  We are looking to upgrade our hubs, but want to make sure
there are no inherent problems with moving to this code combination.  We
are currently running 4.1.59-6 and DSP 2.0.81 without any problems.

	We also have 2 hubs that have quads running the latest TC3.6 suite
and HiperArcs  Also want to make sure there are no problems moving the
HiperArcs in those chassis to 4.1.22

  Any and all comments welcome!

==============================================================================
Phillip Ferraro				WorldNet Access, Inc
[email-masked]	Onslow County's PREMIER InterNet Service 
Voice (910) 346-0835		    824 Gumbranch Square, Suite R3
FAX   (910) 455-1933		     Jacksonville, Nc  28540-6269
==============================================================================

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Ronald Kushner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 20:58:06 +0000

> are currently running 4.1.59-6 and DSP 2.0.81 without any problems.

I went to upgrade one ARC to 4.1.22 from 4.1.59-6 and ran into problems with
routes added by netmgr not being broadcast out with RIP. After dicking with
it for a couple hours I gave up. I am running 2.0.51 without a problem on
the DSPs. 

BTW: Why the hell is poison reverse and split horizon both turned on by
default?  Doesn't poison reverse defeat split horizon?

-Ron
GLISnet, Inc.
+1 810/939.9885

-