Subject: RE: [USR-TC] BRI ISDN

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 12:50:05 +0000

-----Original Message-----
From: Support [mailto:[email-masked]]

I'm looking for 10 ports (20 x 64K Channels).  Right now I'm using Total
Control I-Modem 8i which are basically simple modems with serial ports that
are plugged into an NT server and a multi-serial (Equinox) card.  That's
actually how we started offering 56K service years ago - it's a way to add
ports a couple lines at a time, rather than 24 at a time with PRI/T1.

There are also the SuperStack 1500's that can use BRI lines to provide V.90
dialin, but since I have the chassis now, I was hoping to move everything
into that chassis so I'd have one management interface.  The NT/RAS solution
I have is working well, but I've got my T1's in the Total Control Chassis
and then these 16 BRI channels in the NT box and it's two separate user
databases and two separate log files for billing, etc.

----- Original Message -----

Todd,

You can look at getting an Atlas 800 [adtran] with some BRI modules on that.

That way you can trunk BRI into that box, and then pass over a PRI/T1 to
your 
TC-HUB.  We have one setup in our lab, and it functions wonderfully.  You 
could even probably find a used one somewhere pretty cheap!

Thanks,

Brian Smith 
CCNA, NCSA
Network Support Engineer
SOLUSERVE
       www.solunet.com
1571 Robert J. Conlan Blvd., Suite 110
Palm Bay, FL  32905
(888)449-5766
fax: (321)-676-1287