Subject: RE: (usr-tc) dumb quest-best TC config for V34toV90 xstn

From: "Stainforth, Matthew" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 21:01:21 +0000

> I would stick to the Hiper stuff, unless you are really looking for a
> deal.  You need one HiperDSP for each PRI.  A HiperARC is the terminal
> server/router that the HiperDSP modems are concentrated thru. 
>  1 HiperARC
> is fine for at least 5 or 6 DSP's.  I think you can even do more than
> that.  Ultimatly, 3com hopes to be able to run an entire 
> chassis off just
> one, and in fact that may work now (anyone know?).

Agreed.  I am quite happily running 10 DSPs in a dual 130 amp chassis with 1
HARC but it is only doing dynamically assigned dialup IP.  No routing
protocols, no ISDN, no IPX.

Matthew

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.