Subject: (usr-tc) syslog problem

From: Kelly Peterson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1999 00:09:43 +0000

We have recently noticed that some syslog entries are being sent really
late.  The example below shows IP address information being sent about 4
hours after the client and connected and disconnected.  Does anyone have
any ideas as to what might cause this?  We're running HiperArcs with
version 4.2.32 firmware.

Dec  1 16:32:11 ns19.compusmart.ab.ca At 16:29:45, Facility "Auth
Facility", Level "VERBOSE":: A call, call id = 51446511, has arrived on
interface slot:4/mod:18
Dec  1 16:32:24 ns19.compusmart.ab.ca At 16:29:58, Facility "Auth
Facility", Level "COMMON":: A call is established, call id 51446511, on
interface slot:4/mod:18
Dec  1 16:32:27 ns19.compusmart.ab.ca At 16:30:01, Facility "Auth
Facility", Level "VERBOSE":: User mharnett successfully connected to the
PPP process for call id 51446511 on interface slot:4/mod:18
Dec  1 16:33:58 ns19.compusmart.ab.ca At 16:31:32, Facility "Auth
Facility", Level "COMMON":: The connection for call id 51446511, on if
slot:4/mod:18 was dropped for user mharnett
Dec  1 20:12:16 ns19.compusmart.ab.ca At 20:09:50, Facility "Auth
Facility", Level "COMMON":: Port slot:4/mod:18 user mharnett session
connected, call id 51446511, protocol: PPP - ip address: 206.75.182.19 
Dec  1 20:14:18 ns19.compusmart.ab.ca At 20:11:52, Facility "Auth
Facility", Level "COMMON":: Port slot:4/mod:18 user mharnett session
disconnected, call id 51446511, protocol: PPP - ip address 206.75.182.19 

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Brian Gordon <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1999 00:26:41 +0000

What is the syslog config to just show emergency stuff.

No matter what I do it shows every log on and off.

Brian
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Kelly Peterson" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, December 02, 1999 5:03 PM
Subject: (usr-tc) syslog problem

-