Subject: (usr-tc) Upgrade causes authentication problem?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 14:27:59 +0000

Here's the story: I am upgrading the firmware (long overdue I might 
add) on my TC chassis. Immediately after I finished the upgrade, we 
started getting calls from *some* users who were having problems 
getting authenticated. These are the firmware versions involved:

	HiPerDSP  2.0.51->2.1.9
	HiPerARC  4.1.59->(4.1.13)->4.2.32->5.0.9->5.1.99
	HiPerNMC  6.2.17->7.2.8->8.0.9

As I said, this upgrade was long overdue. What the users are seeing 
is a window that pops up over and over again asking for their 
username and password. Eventually, it just drops the connection. Has 
anyone else seen this type of problem? It's only *some* users; not 
enough for me to justify backing out of the upgrade, but enough to be 
really annoying. Thanks for your help...

*********************************************************
   Michelle M. Mogil
   Network & Computing Systems
   735 Rhodes Hall, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853
   vox: (607) 255-0516, fax: (607) 255-8521
   email: [email-masked]
**********************************************

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Terry Kennedy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 17:54:50 +0000

if noone has suggested it yet check the authentication type and
if ness. change it from "any" to "pap" 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2001 5:20 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: (usr-tc) Upgrade causes authentication problem?

	HiPerDSP  2.0.51->2.1.9

-

-