Subject: (usr-tc) more netserver questions

From: Brian <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 01:57:11 +0000

If you have a netserver net0 configured as say:

12.1.2.1	255.255.255.0

and in net0 routing is set for "broadcast"......is it going to try and
broadcast 12.1.2.1 as the default for 12.1.2.0?  

The routing table shows something like:

Destination           Gateway           Flag  Met  Interface  VPN
--------------------  ----------------  ----  ---  ---------  ---
12.1.2.0        /24  12.1.2.55        NLC     1   net0         0

so would it try to announce that via RIP if "broadcast" was enabled under
net0?  

-----------------------------------------------------
Brian Feeny (BF304)     [email-masked]   
318-222-2638 x 109	http://www.shreve.net/~signal      
Network Administrator   ShreveNet Inc. (ASN 11881) 	      

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Terry Kennedy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 19:57:42 +0000

Just a curiosity. On the old 486 NMC's there is an optionfor wan/lan routing
which I normally keep turned off. Funny thing is that there is no wan
interface.
To what interface do they refer to?

-

---

From: Mike <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 04:45:55 +0000

> To what interface do they refer to?
The console port is the WAN interface.. You can attach a modem and do
SLIP.  If you only wanted to manage the NMC, lan-wan routing is turned
off. If you want access to the rest of the network via the modem, turn it
on..

-