Subject: (usr-tc) TCH Hub latchup problems

From: Mark Thornton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 15:45:10 +0000

Since we upgraded to the latest code we have seen an noticeable increase in
the number times where an entire chassis is latched up and will not accept
calls. In the case this morning the NMC was responding OK but I could not
log into the HiperArc via telnet. I tried reseting the HiperArc via TCH
Manager from home but that did not seem to work. I came in to the office and
did a complete power cycle and it is working again.

I will dig through my records to be sure but this seems to be happening
every week or so since the upgrade on a couple of my chassis. I never had to
reboot a chassis prior to the upgrade (though I did have problems with modem
connections :o). Any  ideas on what could be causing the problem? The only
thing that was intentionally changed was the software code.

Mark Thornton
San Marcos Internet, Inc.
512-393-5300

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.