Subject: (usr-tc) What HiperDSP code works best with Lucent Winmodem?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 23:57:15 +0000

Hello,

We are having trouble connecting the new IBM 600x which bundles a Lucent 
winmode (yuck) to our TC /HiperDSP. On clean phone lines, the 
authentication terminal window will show a ton of garbage text. I have 
seen this before when we had X2 modems dialing our V.90 patched DSP's, so 
I am not surprised. 

Because we using Microsoft RAS on Egdeserver Pro 2.1.2 drivers (yuck 
again, I know), we are unable to upgrade the DSP's to the 2.0.x level 
firmware. The firmware we do have is 1.0.59 on two DSP's and 1.0.43 on two 
others. The problem seems worse on 1.0.43 DSP's. Does anyone out there 
know which level is best, or elimates this lucent winmodem problem?  The 
2.6 Edgeserver drivers which run on SP6a will support the 2.0.x DSP's, but 
these are still  in Beta.  I am not going to install 2.5 Edgeserver 
drivers if I can avoid it. The install is ugly.

Thanks In advance,

--Peter

---

From: Jamie Orzechowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 13:41:44 +0000

We usually update the customers winmodem to the latest version and their problems stop ... www.808hi.com has links to the latest code ...
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: [email-masked] 
  To: [email-masked] 
  Sent: Friday, June 16, 2000 5:46 PM
  Subject: (usr-tc) What HiperDSP code works best with Lucent Winmodem?

  Hello, 

  We are having trouble connecting the new IBM 600x which bundles a Lucent winmode (yuck) to our TC /HiperDSP. On clean phone lines, the authentication terminal window will show a ton of garbage text. I have seen this before when we had X2 modems dialing our V.90 patched DSP's, so I am not surprised. 

  Because we using Microsoft RAS on Egdeserver Pro 2.1.2 drivers (yuck again, I know), we are unable to upgrade the DSP's to the 2.0.x level firmware. The firmware we do have is 1.0.59 on two DSP's and 1.0.43 on two others. The problem seems worse on 1.0.43 DSP's. Does anyone out there know which level is best, or elimates this lucent winmodem problem?  The 2.6 Edgeserver drivers which run on SP6a will support the 2.0.x DSP's, but these are still  in Beta.  I am not going to install 2.5 Edgeserver drivers if I can avoid it. The install is ugly. 

  Thanks In advance, 

  --Peter