Subject: (usr-tc) NMC break in needed...

From: Stephen Amadei <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 23:30:27 +0000

Hi guys...

I have a NMC we purchased a long time ago that we need to put into service
ASAP.  We just discovered one of our NMCs was not X2 enabled, and this
card is X2 enabled... but I don't have the SNMP write password.  The
firmware is 4.3.4, and on bootup at the RS232 console all I can get is
"PASSWORD:"... if I use the 'public' read password, I can get in, but not
change anything.  I tried using pin 5 to boot to the default settings, but
it still asks for a password!

I am afraid to use the CMOS clear jumper, as I fear it will erase the
feature enable status of the X2 enablement.  Would this clear the X2
enable out? 

Thanx in advance.

					----Steve
Stephen Amadei
Dandy.net CTO
Atlantic City, NJ

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Ved <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 01:30:46 +0000

Dip switch 5 and 6 - put them in the on position and reboot the card, this
will erase the config.

V
----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephen Amadei" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, May 20, 2000 4:25 PM
Subject: (usr-tc) NMC break in needed...

-