Subject: (usr-tc) Modem OID

From: Blake Fithen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 19:29:34 +0000

Hello, does anyone know of an OID to get the number of 
modems active on an individual Hiper DSP card?

TIA,
blake

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 20:08:40 +0000

Also sprach Blake Fithen
>Hello, does anyone know of an OID to get the number of modems active on
>an individual Hiper DSP card?

The *easiest* way is problem to snag .1.3.6.1.4.1.429.4.10.35.1.4
(usrSlotNumberOfPorts) from your handy-dandy HiPer Arc running 5.0.x.
Should you not care to be on the bleeding edge of HiPer Arc technology
(yes, I *do* need sleep, why do you ask?), it gets a bit more tricky...I
can't think of an individual OID that you could grab to get this
number...though you could proly find one that you could walk in a perl
script and count them or something like that.

Also...this somewhat depends on what you mean by "active."  The above
OID gives you the number of ports total in that slot...another OID in
the same table (.3, usrSlotActiveCalls instead of .4,
usrSlotNumberOfPorts) will give you the number of modems in use at the
moment in the slot.
-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456

-

---

From: K Mitchell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 20:10:51 +0000

>modems active on an individual Hiper DSP card?

Here's a copy of the relevant portion of my mrtg.cfg file...
http://www.keyconn.net/mrtg/tch1.html

#.....................................................................

Target[tch1]:
1.3.6.1.4.1.429.4.2.1.10.0&1.3.6.1.4.1.429.4.2.1.10.0:[community]@[ARC IP]
MaxBytes[tch1]: 69
Unscaled[tch1]:ymwd
Title[tch1]: Total Control Hub #1
PageTop[tch1]: <H1>Keystone Connect Modem Utilization </H1>
 <TABLE>
   <TR><TD>System:</TD><TD>3Com Enterprise Network Hub </TD></TR>
   <TR><TD>Maintainer:</TD><TD>Keystone Connect</TD></TR>
   <TR><TD>Interface:</TD><TD>HiPer DSP (2)</TD></TR>
   <TR><TD>Configuration:</TD><TD>ISDN, USR x2 and v.90 56k
protocols</TD></TR>
   <TR><TD>Capacity as configured:</TD>
       <TD><b>69 modems (23 per DSP)</b></TD></TR>
  </TABLE>
YLegend[tch1]:Modem Useage
Options[tch1]:gauge
Xsize[tch1]: 600
Ysize[tch1]: 200
ShortLegend[tch1]:Modems
Legend1[tch1]:Modem Utilization &nbsp
Legend2[tch1]:Modem Utilization &nbsp
LegendI[tch1]:&nbsp Utilization &nbsp
LegendO[tch1]:&nbsp Utilization &nbsp

#---------------------------------------------------------------
-- 
Kirk Mitchell-General Manager    [email-masked]
Keystone Connect                 Unlock Your World
Altoona, PA  814-941-5000        http://www.keyconn.net

-

---

From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 20:17:38 +0000

Also sprach K Mitchell
>>Hello, does anyone know of an OID to get the number of modems active
>>on an individual Hiper DSP card?

>1.3.6.1.4.1.429.4.2.1.10.0&1.3.6.1.4.1.429.4.2.1.10.0:[community]@[ARC IP]

That gives you total number of users on the Arc, but doesn't break it
down per DSP or per slot...
-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456

-

---

From: Charles Sprickman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 21:54:02 +0000

> down per DSP or per slot...

This is a chunk of my chassis monitor.  One of these two items should give
you an idea of how many channels are active:

#ds0-level items (HiPer DSP)
$oid_rds0_stat=".iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.usr.nas.rds0.usrds0Sta
tTable.usrds0StatEntry.usrds0StatDs0";
$oid_rds0_statserv=".iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.usr.nas.rds0.usrds
0StatTable.usrds0StatEntry.usrds0StatDs0SrvcState";

Charles

-

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 23:48:39 +0000

Those OID's should be in 4.1.13-2, 4.1.22, & 4.2.73 as well

-

---

From: K Mitchell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 04:08:11 +0000

>down per DSP or per slot...

  I realize that, but I figured it might be a helpful something that he may
not have already. Heck, I just look at the blinky lights if I want to get
an idea of per-DSP usage  :)

-