Subject: RE: [USR-TC] DSP Down

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 20:47:37 +0000

You can also try doing a "Load From" from within TCM software if your PRIs
are configured the same as on your other cards. If you have another DSP card
that is functioning properly and the PRI has the same settings load from
that DSP to your DSP you're having problems with, reboot it and see if it
begins taking calls.
The T1 plug mentioned by Charles is a great tool to rule out a hardware
problem on the card for D-channel too. If it goes "green" I would look to
Verizon.
The easiest thing to do if your PRIs are configured the same way is to swap
one from a known working card. You will drop all the calls on the card but
that is the quickest and easiest way. Then you can go directly to Verizon
and tell them without a doubt they have it configured wrong without going
through all their loopback tests.
Thanks, Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Charles Sprickman [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 10:48 AM
To: Kirk Mitchell
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [USR-TC] DSP Down

On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Kirk Mitchell wrote:

>   I have a DSP card with a constant D alarm/Loopback indication. Verizon
                                                                   ^^^^^^^
There's your problem :)  No really, it might take you less time to get a
tester on the phone and have him verify a few things.  Is there a
smartjack on the circuit?  If so, can he loop that?  Is there any carrier
at all (regardless of D channel status, is the line in alarm?)

To eliminate your equipment, try the following:

-get the tester on the blower and have him try to loop the csu
-stick a loopback plug on your demarc point
-ask him if he sees a loop
-if not, it's the line and your equipment is OK.

You can make a loopback plug by connecting pin 1 on a rj45 to pin 4 and
pin 2 to pin 5.  (someone please double-check if polarity matters)

Charles

> says there's nothing wrong with the line, but they can't loop the CSU.
> Yeah, I know they're liars and frauds that cheat on their grandmothers,
but
> I'm stuck eliminating everything else before going back to them. DSP is
> 0.49.0 hardware running 2.0.81, ARC running 4.2.32. I've gone over all the
> settings with a fine tooth comb, nothing is amiss. The only test I haven't
> run yet is to swap the PRI into another card, I haven't had an empty card
> to swap to yet.
>   Anything I might be missing?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Kirk Mitchell-General Manager    [email-masked]
> Keystone Connect                 Unlock Your World
> Altoona, PA  814-941-5000   http://www.keyconn.net
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> USR-TC mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/usr-tc
>

_______________________________________________
USR-TC mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/usr-tc