Subject: (usr-tc) CHAP Support with VOP Radius

From: Scot Desort <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 04:04:07 +0000

We are using Vircom's VOPRadius with our HiperARCs, and would like to
support CHAP authentication (in addition to PAP).

Is this possible? I know that there are a few on this list that use Vircom.
What do I need to do to the Hiperarc? What do I do to VOPRadius? Any tips
would be appreciated.

--
Scot

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 05:49:34 +0000

Speaking of CHAP authentication...  Is it possible to use CHAP
with merit Basic AAA server?

==============================================================================
Phillip Ferraro				WorldNet Access, Inc
[email-masked]	Onslow County's PREMIER InterNet Service 
Voice (910) 346-0835		    824 Gumbranch Square, Suite R3
FAX   (910) 455-1933		     Jacksonville, Nc  28540-6269
==============================================================================

-

---

From: Mark Thornton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 16:55:10 +0000

We are using Vircom here as well. It will do CHAP just fine, the bigger
problem you will have is in selecting the order of preference for the
chassis. For maximum compatibility we set our ppp authentication to prefer
PAP and support ANY authentication protocol. This allows the broken
Microsoft clients to connect without the dialup network upgrade. You can set
the chassis to allow only CHAP if that is what you desire. The Vircom
product has handled both without any problem for us.

Mark Thornton
San Marcos Internet, Inc.
512-393-5300

----- Original Message -----
From: Scot Desort <[email-masked]>
To: usr list <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, December 29, 1999 7:53 PM
Subject: (usr-tc) CHAP Support with VOP Radius

-