Subject: (usr-tc) NETServer 16I/MLPPP/NAT

From: Jeremy Shaffner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 21:01:21 +0000

Is it possible to use the NETServer 16I as a Multilinking NAT router?  We
don't use the thing anymore but it might be useful for a customer of
ours.  We want to bind 4 BRI's to get 256K and also do Network Address
Translation for their network.  It's running some old version of ComOS.

-Jeremy

---
Jeremy Shaffner
System Administrator
JORSM Internet
[email-masked]
http://www.jorsm.com/~jer/pgp.key

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Ved <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 13:51:24 +0000

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Jeremy Shaffner" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, June 12, 2000 1:52 PM
Subject: (usr-tc) NETServer 16I/MLPPP/NAT

> Translation for their network.  It's running some old version of ComOS.

Multilink yes - Netserver 16I can do multilink - but it cannot do NAT.

V

-

---

From: Jeff Lynch <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 02:34:33 +0000

> Multilink yes - Netserver 16I can do multilink - but it cannot do NAT.

When receiving the call, yes, but for the record, we found the place in
the docs that states it (NS16I with ComOS 3.xsomething) won't do MLPPP
when originating the call (like in LAN-to-LAN routing) which is the manner
in which we hoped to use it.

--jeff

============================================================================ 
Jeffrey A. Lynch		| JORSM Internet, Regional Internet Services
email: [email-masked]		| 7 Area Codes in Chicagoland and NW Indiana
Voice: (219)322-2180		| 100Mbps+ Connectivity, 56K-DS3, V.90, ISDN
Autoresponse: [email-masked]	| Quality Service, Affordable Prices
http://www.jorsm.com		| Serving Gov, Biz, Residential Since 1995

-

---

From: Ved <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 14:29:00 +0000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Lynch" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2000 7:27 PM
Subject: Re: (usr-tc) NETServer 16I/MLPPP/NAT

> in which we hoped to use it.

Dialout MLPPP was never supported in NETServer products.  Both the NETServer
and the 8/16 had issues with dialout multilink.  there are ways to go around
it and get a MLPPP call working but the docs always said that dialout
mlppp - no support.

V

-

---

From: Jeff Lynch <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 15:23:09 +0000

> it and get a MLPPP call working but the docs always said that dialout

Cool, do you know how to get dialout MLPPP working on at least 4
B-channels? TIA for any info.

--jeff

-

---

From: Ved <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 15:05:49 +0000

If you have the livingston base NETServer code, the easy way to do this is

Create a dialout location, set a modem group, and the dialout phone number
on that location would be just atd0\r
Now select four modems and store the dialout location phone number on the
modems - atz0=<phone number> ??

Do this for all the four modems and set them to the same location., set the
high water mark to 0 and max ports to 4,
ping the location and you shoudl be able to get 4 dialout connections and if
you location supports MLPPP you would be able to do that too.

On the Pilgrim Hiper arc code, its a matter of setting up modemgroup and a
dialout phone number on the user -

V
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Lynch" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2000 8:19 AM
Subject: Re: (usr-tc) NETServer 16I/MLPPP/NAT

-