Subject: (usr-tc) Hiper DSP Transmit level setting

From: "Clint R. Sparks" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 18:27:47 +0000

I am curious to see what others using Hiper DSP code 2.0.51 are using for
their Transmit Level (-db) setting on their Hiper DSP cards?
Ours are currently at 12 -db.

Thanks,

Clint R. Sparks
ComQuest Internet Services
[email-masked]

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Scot Desort <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 04:35:45 +0000

We moved all of ours from 12 to 13. No definitive change in performance. I
have been seeing a lot of handshaking problems coming up. But our CLEC is
moving a lot of traffic off of the 2 tandems here in North Jersey over to
direct end-office trunking. They may still be ironing things out. But if it
doesn't clear up, I may try switching some cards back to -12.

--
Scot
NJ Internet Access

>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email-masked]
>[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Clint R. Sparks
>Sent: Sunday, March 05, 2000 4:22 PM
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: (usr-tc) Hiper DSP Transmit level setting
>
>

-

---

From: Aaron Nabil <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 02:55:25 +0000

What's the best init string to disable v.90 & x2 on hiperdsp modems?

thx,

--
Aaron Nabil

-

---

From: Mike Andrews <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 20:07:55 +0000

AT&K0S51.6=1S76=7S81=34S54=96 is what we use here for our alternate dialin
number.  This disables x2, v.90, v.42bis compression, MNP 5 compression,
and the 3429 symbol rate -- pretty much everything that could possibly go
wrong with a 33.6K or a 56K modem. :)  (Except for Mode 2 DLCs which cut
connect speed down to 12K or so -- we hav a 3rd dialin number that adds
&N6 to the string for that case.)

Mike Andrews (MA12) * [email-masked] * http://www.bit0.com/
VP, sysadmin, & network guy, Digital Crescent Inc, Frankfort KY
Internet services for Frankfort, Lawrenceburg, Owenton, Shelbyville
"Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things."

-

---

From: Aaron Nabil <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 02:00:13 +0000

On Thu, 9 Mar 2000, Mike Andrews wrote:

> wrong with a 33.6K or a 56K modem. :)

You might want to use S81=32, unless you have some inside knowledge
about what bit 1 does that isn't in the documentation.  In which case, 
you should share. :)

-a

-

---

From: Mike Andrews <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 20:24:20 +0000

Heh.  I couldn't remember offhand, so I had to go dig around and find
it... but I finally did find it, doing a "grep -i s81 *mib".  Bit 1 is for
enabling/disabling "x2 Version 2".

-