Subject: (usr-tc) Quad auto-busy and 4.2.32 (Again...)

From: Charles Sprickman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2000 23:24:47 +0000

Hi,

I know I've already posted this, but it seems that we have a bug on our
hands in 4.2.32 that affects quad modems.

I received a few private replies last time essentially saying "I see it
too"...  Can anyone else confirm this behaviour?  You will not see this
unless you either:

-monitor your chassis for modem/line status
-go into tcm and run performance monitor on your T1/PRI card and look
 for modems in state "busy-out" (it's in the default PerfMon setup).

If you do, please reply.  I don't have a service contract to open a bug
report with, but perhaps someone else seeing it does...

Or if Krish or Mike are still around, perhaps they have a workaround...

See below for a bit more info.

Thanks,

Charles

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 16:09:16 -0500 (EST)
Subject: TCHmon results

Debug is 1.
NMC - NMC temperature high -  33 deg. C
T1 card on chassis 216.223.xxx.xxx has unavailable lines:  mdmBusyOut(10)
T1 card on chassis 216.223.xxx.xxx has unavailable lines:  mdmBusyOut(10)
T1 - 2 modems unavailable on PRI/T1 card on chassis 216.223.xxx.xxx

NMC - NMC temperature high -  33 deg. C
T1 card on chassis 216.223.xxx.xxx has unavailable lines:  mdmBusyOut(10)
T1 - 1 modems unavailable on PRI/T1 card on chassis 216.223.xxx.xxx

NMC - NMC temperature high -  31 deg. C
T1 card on chassis 216.223.xxx.xxx has unavailable lines:  mdmBusyOut(10)
T1 card on chassis 216.223.xxx.xxx has unavailable lines:  mdmBusyOut(10)
T1 - 2 modems unavailable on PRI/T1 card on chassis 216.223.xxx.xxx

etc...

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.