Subject: (usr-tc) Internic

From: Jim Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 03:36:02 +0000

This being my most technically capable mailing list :), I thought I
would ask this off-topic qustion.  Has anyone else observed problems
with Internic the last few days.  Root servers are timing out, domains
are being dropped off the servers.  We had 20 domains yesterday that
were just gone from the root servers that we complained to Internic
about.  Today, the list is down to five.  Our support people have heard
from people of many domains that have been unreachable the last couple
days.  Seems like these widespread problems would have been headline
news.

Jim

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Robert von Bismarck <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 05:07:59 +0000

Yeah, same here, some root servers know about a domain, some don't. They
seem out of synch. Little reboot needed I'd say ;-)

Robert

	-----Original Message-----
	From:	Jim Johnson [SMTP:[email-masked]]
	Sent:	mercredi, 18. aoÃ»t 1999 15:45
	To:	[email-masked]
	Subject:	Re: (usr-tc) Internic

	I don't think that is what we have been seeing.  I miss the status
field
	they use to display on WHOIS. :(

	Jim

	Hofmann wrote:
	> 
	> What we've seen the last couple days has been attributed to folks
not paying the internic bill.  Go figure, they want you to pay to play :)
	> Jay Hofmann                                             Email:
[email-masked]
	> Technical Support Team Leader                   Voice: (502)
966-3848
	> IgLou Internet Services                         (800) 436-4456
	> 
	> -

	-
	 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
	 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
	 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages
send
	 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

-