Subject: (usr-tc) 3Com news server out of business?

From: Mark Thornton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 00:17:24 +0000

I have noticed that there doesn't appear to be any new posts to the news
server on any subject concerning the Total Control products since 6/19. Has
it gone off the air?

Mark Thornton
San Marcos Internet, Inc.
512-393-5300

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 05:09:56 +0000

Also sprach Mark Thornton
>I have noticed that there doesn't appear to be any new posts to the
>news server on any subject concerning the Total Control products since
>6/19. Has it gone off the air?

Have you switched over to using totalservice.3com.com instead of
totalservice.usr.com?  I haven't checked if its happened yet, but the
usr.com domain name is going away for 3com (being transferred to the
NatSteel/Accton modem thingy along with the rest of the "USRobotics"
name).

Alternatively, keep mind that they restructured the newsgroups, so the
old *.totalcontrol group is no longer active at all...its now a *.RAS
group (don't remember what the "*" expands out to there, but easy enough
to find :)
-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456

-