Subject: [USR-TC] Netserver/16 Telnet dial out hangup

From: James Schimmoeller <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 12:20:05 +0000

I am having trouble with a Netserver/16 that I just got in from another
office.  I have configured it so the staff can use it to dial out to
some of our remote equipment in the field.  I followed the instructions
per the user manual for configuration of the netserver/16.  The users
are able to dial out by simply opening a telnet session and issuing atdt
command.  However, when the close the telnet window it doesn't clear the
lines.  What I mean by this is when I telnet into the machine for
administration and do a 'list active interfaces' the lines show up as
being active even though they have closed out.  I have tried setting the
dial_out idle_timeout and recovery_timeout to 1 and then 0 but still no
luck.  What am I missing?  Is there a better way for the users to dial
out, like use some sort of client on the desktop?  I am open to
suggestions, because the boss is not going to like the phone bill if I
don't get this fixed.  
 
Thanks in advance
 
Jim
[email-masked]

---

From: Todd Bertolozzi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 14:33:43 +0000

I've never really used the netserver card before but if it has any
similarity to the hiper arc I believe you hit Shift +++ to hangup the line,
before just closing the telnet window. Try doing at$ for help on the AT
commands.

Todd
  -----Original Message-----
  From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of James Schimmoeller
  Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2002 8:12 AM
  To: [email-masked]
  Subject: [USR-TC] Netserver/16 Telnet dial out hangup

  I am having trouble with a Netserver/16 that I just got in from another
office.  I have configured it so the staff can use it to dial out to some of
our remote equipment in the field.  I followed the instructions per the user
manual for configuration of the netserver/16.  The users are able to dial
out by simply opening a telnet session and issuing atdt command.  However,
when the close the telnet window it doesn't clear the lines.  What I mean by
this is when I telnet into the machine for administration and do a 'list
active interfaces' the lines show up as being active even though they have
closed out.  I have tried setting the dial_out idle_timeout and
recovery_timeout to 1 and then 0 but still no luck.  What am I missing?  Is
there a better way for the users to dial out, like use some sort of client
on the desktop?  I am open to suggestions, because the boss is not going to
like the phone bill if I don't get this fixed.

  Thanks in advance

  Jim

---

From: "Stephen Rivera - WRCA.Net" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 15:22:11 +0000

Make sure you check the DTR settings on the modems.
Sometimes they are set to ignore the DTR and stay on the line.
Just something to check.

At 08:12 AM 6/5/2002 -0400, you wrote:

>office.  I have configured it so the staff can use it to dial out to some 
>of our remote equipment in the field.  I followed the instructions per the 
>user manual for configuration of the netserver/16.  The users are able to 
>dial out by simply opening a telnet session and issuing atdt 
>command.  However, when the close the telnet window it doesn t clear the 
>administration and do a list active interfaces the lines show up as being 
>active even though they have closed out.  I have tried setting the 
>suggestions, because the boss is not going to like the phone bill if I don 
>t get this fixed.
>
>
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>
>
>Jim
>

Steve Rivera    732-833-2111 x102
IM: srivera711  732-833-2115 fax
for more product info got www.wrca.net
Jackson, NJ 08527 (USA)

---

From: James Schimmoeller <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 17:16:38 +0000

Can you please explain how I would check the DTR setting?

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Stephen Rivera -
WRCA.Net
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2002 11:20 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [USR-TC] Netserver/16 Telnet dial out hangup

>office.  I have configured it so the staff can use it to dial out to
some 

>suggestions, because the boss is not going to like the phone bill if I
don 

_______________________________________________
USR-TC mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/usr-tc