Subject: [USR-TC] TCM that runs under Linux?

From: Justin Ellison <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 22:12:26 +0000

Hi all,

	Wanting to blow away my Windows partition completely.  Do any of the 
other Unixish variants of TCM run under Linux?  What about the Windows 
version under wine?

Justin

---

From: Stephen Amadei <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 03:03:37 +0000

> other Unixish variants of TCM run under Linux?  What about the Windows 

I haven't tried Wine yet, but using OS/2's Odin project (which uses _alot_
of code from Wine), I have had no success running the TCM.  Problem I've
seen is that the installer is a Win3.1 Win32s v.1.3+ program and the TCM
is Win32... and it requires certain things to be in the registry or else
TCM won't run... I need to steal the registry entries TCM uses...  so
many projects, so litle time.

					----Steve
Stephen Amadei
Dandy.net CTO
Atlantic City, NJ

---

From: Charles Sprickman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 04:15:30 +0000

I recently started playing with Mike Andrews' perl code that lets you do
many common TCM tasks from the command-line.  There's some setup and a
learning curve, but things like flashing cards and grabbing inventory are
much easier, I find.

See http://www.dcr.net/~mandrews/usrtoys/

Good Luck,

Charles

| Charles Sprickman                  | Internet Channel
| INCH System Administration Team    | (212)243-5200
| [email-masked]                     | [email-masked]

On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, Stephen Amadei wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> USR-TC mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/usr-tc
>