Subject: (usr-tc) ARC Host Address

From: Brian <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 00:11:12 +0000

I just recently changed the addressing of my ARC's and
I am having a problem.  It shows one address in "show
ip settings" that differs from whats set on eth:1:

HiPer>> show ip setTINGS
IP System Host Address:                    208.206.76.40
IP Forwarding                              ENABLED
IP Address Pool Filtering                  DISABLED
IP Address Pool Round Robin:               ENABLED

HiPer>> show ip netwORK ip

SHOW IP  NETWORK ip SETTINGS:
Interface:                                 eth:1
Network Address:                           207.254.193.69/28
Frame Type:                                ETHERNET_II
Status:                                    ENABLED
Reconfigure Needed:                        FALSE
Mask:                                      255.255.255.240
Station:                                   207.254.193.69

does anyone have any idea where the 208.206.76.40 could
be set at?  its not pingable, but its what is passed to
pp clients when they do PPP negotiation.  I checked
all the application_source_address settings and its not
set there

Brian

-----------------------------------------------
Brian Feeny 		    e:[email-masked]
CCNP+Voice/ATM/Security	    p:318.222.2638x109
CCDP     		    f:318.221.6612
Network Administrator
ShreveNet Inc. (ASN 11881)

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 00:36:22 +0000

Also sprach Brian
>I just recently changed the addressing of my ARC's and I am having a
>problem.  It shows one address in "show ip settings" that differs from
>whats set on eth:1:

>all the application_source_address settings and its not

Perhaps this is the address set with the 
"set ip unnumber_link local_address x.x.x.x"
command?

Shot in the dark here as I've not ever really investigated that setting
much.
-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456

-

---

From: Brian <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 06:49:52 +0000

Jeff,

its not, I have set that and it shows differently.

Here is where its at in the MIB, if anyone has a copy that
can grep this out:

enterprises.429.4.11.2.2.1.6.1 = IpAddress: 208.206.76.40
enterprises.429.4.11.2.2.1.6.4 = IpAddress: 208.206.76.40
enterprises.429.4.11.2.2.1.6.11 = IpAddress: 208.206.76.40
enterprises.429.4.11.2.2.1.6.12 = IpAddress: 208.206.76.40
enterprises.429.4.11.2.2.1.6.14 = IpAddress: 208.206.76.40
enterprises.429.4.11.2.2.1.6.17 = IpAddress: 208.206.76.40
enterprises.429.4.11.2.2.1.6.18 = IpAddress: 208.206.76.40
enterprises.429.4.11.2.2.1.6.19 = IpAddress: 208.206.76.40
enterprises.429.4.11.2.2.1.6.20 = IpAddress: 208.206.76.40
enterprises.429.4.11.2.2.1.6.25 = IpAddress: 208.206.76.40
enterprises.429.4.11.2.2.1.6.26 = IpAddress: 208.206.76.40
enterprises.429.4.11.2.2.1.6.27 = IpAddress: 208.206.76.40
enterprises.429.4.11.2.2.1.6.28 = IpAddress: 208.206.76.40
enterprises.429.4.12.7.0 = IpAddress: 208.206.76.40
enterprises.429.4.19.1.0 = IpAddress: 208.206.76.40

any ideas?

brian

-

---

From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 15:07:00 +0000

Also sprach Brian
>its not, I have set that and it shows differently.

Odd that its not using it then...

>Here is where its at in the MIB, if anyone has a copy that can grep
>this out:

>enterprises.429.4.11.2.2.1.6.1 = IpAddress: 208.206.76.40

enterprises.usr.common.usrPPP.usrPPPMl.usrPPPIpTable.usrPPPIpEntry.
    usrPPPIpLocalIpAddress.1

These are all entries in the multi-link PPP table...basically an entry
for each multi-link connection on the Arc, and the 208.206.76.40 address
is being used as the local address for each one as you said.

>enterprises.429.4.12.7.0 = IpAddress: 208.206.76.40

enterprises.usr.common.usrIp.usrIpHostAddress.0

Have you rebooted since you changed the IP address on the network
interface?  I can't find any place where this setting can be set...I
know I didn't set it seperately...can only guess that its using the IP
address of the first ethernet interface or something for its host
address.

>enterprises.429.4.19.1.0 = IpAddress: 208.206.76.40

enterprises.usr.common.usrIpRouting.usrIpRouterId.0

This one can be set with:
set ip routing router_id x.x.x.x
I believe.

-