Subject: (usr-tc) cheap winmodem issues

From: Mike Andrews <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 19:44:41 +0000

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed a sharp *decrease* in the number
of problems with Rockwells and such with DSP code 2.1.9?  Or is it just
that vendors are actually shipping newer drivers these days?  I'm not
complaining either way, just trying to see if this is typical, or if my
tech support people just stopped telling me about the problems, or what.
:)

Mike Andrews * [email-masked] * [email-masked] * http://www.bit0.com
VP, sysadmin, & network guy, Digital Crescent Inc, Frankfort KY
Internet access for Frankfort, Lexington, Louisville and surrounding counties
www.fark.com: If it's not news, it's Fark.  (Or something like that.)

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Wayne Barber <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 21:32:35 +0000

Decrease, yes; elimination, no. I think it has been a combination of 
both the server and client side software gettting better. Or maybe 
the problems just all migrated to those &*($@% PCTEL modems.

On 18 Dec 2000, at 12:36, Mike Andrews wrote:

> Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed a sharp *decrease* in the
> number of problems with Rockwells and such with DSP code 2.1.9?  Or is
> it just that vendors are actually shipping newer drivers these days? 
> I'm not complaining either way, just trying to see if this is typical,
> or if my tech support people just stopped telling me about the
> problems, or what. :)
> 
> 
> Mike Andrews * [email-masked] * [email-masked] *
> http://www.bit0.com VP, sysadmin, & network guy, Digital Crescent Inc,
> Frankfort KY Internet access for Frankfort, Lexington, Louisville and
> surrounding counties www.fark.com: If it's not news, it's Fark.  (Or
> something like that.)
> 
> 
> -
>  with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message. For information
>  on digests or retrieving files and old messages send "help" to the
>  same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.
> 

Wayne Barber
Coastal Telco Services

-