Subject: RE: [USR-TC] Vanishing NMC's

From: "Shinman, Gilad" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 23:23:03 +0000

We see the same problem as Antonio on one of our cards. No idea why.

Gilad

-----Original Message-----
From: Antonio Querubin [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, January 25, 2002 1:22 AM
To: Steve Johnson
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [USR-TC] Vanishing NMC's

On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, Steve Johnson wrote:

>   We have some monitoring software that checks to see if our gear is
online
> via pings.  It seems that the NMC cards on my USR TC chassies disapear to
> pings alot through out the day.  So often that we had to remove them from
our
> monitoring software (because it pages us if there is no ping reply)..  Has
> anyone else had this problem?  Do you know of a fix?  This happens across
6
> chassies.  So I don't think it is failing hardware.

We've found our NMC cards revert back to the factory default IP address,
netmask, and gateway every several months - nothing else changes however.
Power-cycling the NMC forces it the reload the correct settings from
NVRAM.  We're not sure what causes this to happen.