Subject: [USR-TC] DSP Down

From: Kirk Mitchell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 18:45:22 +0000

I have a DSP card with a constant D alarm/Loopback indication. Verizon
says there's nothing wrong with the line, but they can't loop the CSU.
Yeah, I know they're liars and frauds that cheat on their grandmothers, but
I'm stuck eliminating everything else before going back to them. DSP is
0.49.0 hardware running 2.0.81, ARC running 4.2.32. I've gone over all the
settings with a fine tooth comb, nothing is amiss. The only test I haven't
run yet is to swap the PRI into another card, I haven't had an empty card
to swap to yet.
  Anything I might be missing?

Thanks,

-- 
Kirk Mitchell-General Manager    [email-masked]
Keystone Connect                 Unlock Your World
Altoona, PA  814-941-5000   http://www.keyconn.net

---

From: Charles Sprickman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 15:48:34 +0000

>   I have a DSP card with a constant D alarm/Loopback indication. Verizon
                                                                   ^^^^^^^
There's your problem :)  No really, it might take you less time to get a
tester on the phone and have him verify a few things.  Is there a
smartjack on the circuit?  If so, can he loop that?  Is there any carrier
at all (regardless of D channel status, is the line in alarm?)

To eliminate your equipment, try the following:

-get the tester on the blower and have him try to loop the csu
-stick a loopback plug on your demarc point
-ask him if he sees a loop
-if not, it's the line and your equipment is OK.

You can make a loopback plug by connecting pin 1 on a rj45 to pin 4 and
pin 2 to pin 5.  (someone please double-check if polarity matters)

Charles

> _______________________________________________
> USR-TC mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/usr-tc
>