Subject: (usr-tc) OSPF ignoring default route?

From: Antonio Querubin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 04:55:34 +0000

I've been testing OSPF on a HiPerARC running version 5.1.99 firmware over
the past several weeks.  It's been working ok except for one possible
problem.  The routing table suggests the HiPerARC is actually picking up
its default route from the NMC rather than through OSPF:

Destination        Prot   NextHop         Metric  Interface
        0.0.0.0/0  NetMgr 64.65.64.2      1       eth:1
    4.24.134.16/30 OSPF   64.65.64.66     20      eth:1
     10.1.2.144/29 OSPF   64.65.64.4      20      eth:1
       63.0.0.0/A  OSPF   64.65.64.2      20      eth:1
     64.65.64.0/22 LOCAL  64.65.64.2      1       eth:1
...

Is there some configuration setting needed to tell the HiPerARC to use the
default route learned from OSPF rather than the NMC?

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Antonio Querubin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 05:09:24 +0000

> default route learned from OSPF rather than the NMC?

Uh, disregard.  It turns out the static defaultroute should be removed
BEFORE enabling OSPF.

-