Subject: [USR-TC] 48v DC power for TC 1000 chassis, power consumption

From: Scott Trautman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 17:35:30 +0000

Hi--

I'm looking at colo'ing at a telco facility, and they're wanting the
equipment to be 48v DC, and wanting to know how much power in watts it
consumes.

The chassis I'm looking at is the one with the integrated fan tray,
currently has dual 70a AC power supplies in 'em.
 
Some guidelines by card would be really super....HIperARC, HiperDSP, NMC,
fan/chassis itself power consumption
 
...if DC power supplies are ungodly expensive....(and I have every reason to
believe they will be....) anyone had any experience with power inverters? DC
48 -> AC 110?
Given I've got a couple other peices of equipment (Cisco) to put in that
same way, and that aint going to be cheap either, maybe some kind of
inverter would be the way to go....thoughts anyone?
 
...bonus if anyone could eyeball the wattage of a Cisco 3640 & Cisco 2924
switch!

Thanks Much!
 
SMT
 
Scott M. Trautman         Global Dialog Internet            2810 Crossroads,
STE LL2    Madison WI 53718              http://www.gdinet.com
<http://www.gdinet.com/>