Subject: (usr-tc) ARC flash going bad

From: Michael DeMan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 05:33:01 +0000

We've had a problem in the past two days with our flash going bad in our
HiperArc unit.  Is this indiciative of a failing card or is there perhaps
another issue we can look into.  This happened two evenings ago, and just
about an hour ago this morning (Wednesday).

We are running ARC 4.1.59, with hardware revision 19.0.0.

- mike

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Mike Wronski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 05:41:37 +0000

|-----Original Message-----
|From: [email-masked]
|[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Michael DeMan
|Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 1999 10:28 AM
|To: [email-masked]
|Subject: (usr-tc) ARC flash going bad
|
|
|We've had a problem in the past two days with our flash going bad in our
|HiperArc unit.  Is this indiciative of a failing card or is there perhaps
|another issue we can look into.  This happened two evenings ago, and just
|about an hour ago this morning (Wednesday).
|
|We are running ARC 4.1.59, with hardware revision 19.0.0.
|

How are you determining that the flash is "bad"? Are you losing configs? Seeing
strange behavior?
The are cases where flash can get corrurpted. This rarly happens, but you can
correct it by flashing code to the card via the console port and using the token
"AT{ZF}" instead of "AT{Z}" to start the Z-Modem SDL2 download..
You will have to reconfigure the card after this procedure.

-M

-