Subject: (usr-tc) bad modems in hiper dsp

From: Jim Baxter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 21:04:21 +0000

I have come accross several bad modems on my hiper dsps.  I logged into the
CLI on the hiper arc, and disabled them using

HiPer>> disable interface slot:xx/mod:xx

I would assume this would work fine, however now when all the other modems
on the card fill up, my customers receive fast busy signals.  This should
not be the case as our phone lines are configured such that all calls should
roll over onto the second PRI once the first one is full.  Has anyone
experienced this before?  Is there a way that I can busy out a modem on a
DSP so that the incoming calls will still roll onto the next pri?

Thanks

Jim Baxter
Systems Administration
AtConnex Networks
[email-masked]

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 05:03:56 +0000

> DSP so that the incoming calls will still roll onto the next pri?

You have assumed wrong.. This stops the HARC from using the interface but
not the DSP from accepting a call on them. You should try setting the
DS0s Local Out Of Service (L00S). Then you should get the desired effect
if your spans are provisioned correctly.

I have never seen bad "modems" on a hiper DSP card. There are only 12 DSPs
each with 2 virtual modems.  Do you see failed modems in pairs, if not
then its not a hardware problem.  What code are you running?

-

---

From: Jim Baxter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 15:32:11 +0000

Mike.,

Thanks for the info.  I am running DSP code 2.0.81 and yes, the modems fail
in pairs, mod:1 and mod:2 do not accept calls properly on one of my DSPs,
and mod:13 and mod:14 do not work on another.

Jim Baxter
Systems Administration
AtConnex Networks
[email-masked]

----- Original Message -----
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2000 11:00 PM
Subject: Re: (usr-tc) bad modems in hiper dsp

-