Subject: Re: (usr-tc) NMC NAC troubles + Passwords

From: Steve Valiunas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 14:47:32 +0000

You won't be able to use the dual v.35 nics behind an NMC-  You might get the
console up but I doubt if you'll ever get it to talk on the ethernet port.
The Passwords are the community strings.  They can be disabled after you get in
with a menu option.  If you can't get past the password then try flipping
dipSwitch #6 up, that should bypass them.
  The red/green LED means that the NMC didn't see a network connection when it
booted up.

Steve

Dataheart <[email-masked]> on 10/20/99 06:12:25 AM

Please respond to [email-masked]

Sent by:  Dataheart <[email-masked]>

To:   [email-masked]
cc:    (Steve Valiunas/MW/US/3Com)
Subject:  (usr-tc) NMC NAC troubles + Passwords

Howdy,

1. For my NMC I have a High Speed WAN/ Ethernet NIC, which has the
console at the top then 2 v.35 then the 10BaseT at the bottom the seller
told me that they were pulled from a working system, they mush have been
used for Netservers because thats where the jumper was set to when they
arrived.
So I changed the jumper from NAC to NMC then inserted the NMC and it
powers up with the Hub Status light red, the rn/fl light flashing
between red and green and USR written on the 4 character display.

I know the NMC works I have had it working in another rack.

is there anything special I have to do when changing the High Speed
WAN/Ethernet NIC from a netserver to a NMC. New code or something.
Also when this is happening I get nothing on the console

2. I have a NMC with a password on the console. is there any way to
erase this password.

Thank you all,
Aaron

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Robert von Bismarck <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 16:38:38 +0000

Password = read-write SNMP community string, if you enter the
read-only string, you will be able to get into your NMC but you won't be
able to modify anything ;-)

	To erase it go in the NMC console, select 1. Configuration and 14.
PASSWORD Screen Enable/Disable then select 2. Disable.
	Then save the config to NVRAM.

	Robert

-