Subject: (usr-tc) ARC call termination delay

From: Charles Kimes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 15:39:11 +0000

Hello to the List:

I have just recently noticed this on our ARC/DSP's:

For any call terminated on any DSP modem on our ARC controlled chassis, 
there is a delay before the hardware frees up the DSO.  This is true 
whether the call termination is by user hang-up, idle timeout, session 
timeout, etc.  The telco tell us the DSO stays seized for approximately 2 
minutes before it is freed up.  I see a delay in the Radius stop packet by 
about 30 seconds.

Any idea or setting I need to look for, or is it the nature of the 
beast?  Many thanks in advance.

Charles Kimes, Administrator
EagleNet DataCommunications, Inc.
St. Marys, GA
[email-masked]

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.