Subject: (usr-tc) HiperDSP with Netserver

From: Jorge Lozano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 00:19:34 +0000

Hello world!
Can I use a HiperDSP with a Netserver Card? if yes... can you give any
information about how can I configure my Netserver?
If I use a HiperDSP, and Dual E1/Quad cards in same chassis, and Netserver
but I dont have a V90 feature enabled in NMC, can I use V90 with DSP ports?

Thanks for all!

Jorge Lozano <[email-masked]>
NA and ISSO Andinet On Line <http://www.andinet.com>
The only way to predict the future is... to create it!

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Steve Monkhouse <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 00:30:56 +0000

Yep.. I do exactly the same thing..

The x2/v90 is in the DSP code, so it dosent matter whether you have enable
feature in the NMC..

The Dual e-1 will handle the PRI's for the quads... The only problem you may
run into is that the netserver ( both 4mb and 16mb models im sure ). can
only terminate up to 90 calls per card.. and therefore you'll need
multinetservers..

Solution.. if you dont have any spare netservers.. get an arc..

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Jorge Lozano
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2001 8:22 AM
To: usr-tc
Subject: (usr-tc) HiperDSP with Netserver

Hello world!

Thanks for all!

-

-

---

From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 05:46:01 +0000

Also sprach Steve Monkhouse

>The x2/v90 is in the DSP code, so it dosent matter whether you have
>enable feature in the NMC..

>The Dual e-1 will handle the PRI's for the quads... The only problem
>you may run into is that the netserver ( both 4mb and 16mb models im
>sure ). can only terminate up to 90 calls per card.. and therefore
>you'll need multinetservers..

Uhm...you sure of that?  ISTR that depending on the code version, the
NETServer supported something like 60 ports, then 96, then 100.  Of
course, I use the term "support" here fairly lightly, as running 96
ports of modems against a NETServer is a *SURE* way to get your
customers to complain about Quake Lag.

Of course, running E1, 96 wouldn't be enough, so you are still talking
multi-NETServers...of course, that cuts down the number of E1's you can
handle, which puts it back under the 96/100'ish limit on the
NETServer...sucks to be you.  :)  It works nicely (except for the Quake
Lag) with T1.
-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456

-