Subject: RE: (usr-tc) 3COM

From: Brian Becker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 16:55:40 +0000

here! here! to that. It is nice that they (3Com workers) care enough about us that they will contact us off list. I've had it happen
to me before as well.

Brian

Brian Becker
President, Poplar Bluff Internet, Inc.
Home of TotallyFabricated.com Software:
  Total Scrutinizer (www.TotalScrutinizer.com) - Tech Support Just Got Easier!
  WebGabber (www.WebGabber.com) - html-based Chat Software

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Mark Thornton
Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2000 9:28 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: (usr-tc) 3COM

> Not to start a flame war, but has 3COM EVER supported it's customers?

In my most recent problem I have to admit that a couple of 3Com lurkers came
to my rescue offlist. I was having a problem with all of my Arcs' hanging up
after a few days, but it seems no other production facilities on this list
were seeing a similar behaviour. I wish they could post publicly and be
recognized but they can't. I do appreciate that they cared and contacted me
offering suggestions.

As far as 3Com is concerned, several months ago there was some talk to me
about changing the non-hardware replacement support costs. Several days ago
there was additional mention of a possible offering of telephone and code
support independent of hardware support. I am hoping that they will consider
the cost per chassis issue and make it afordable. I understand the linear
increase in price for hardware replacement, but code and tech support
requires a lot less intervention per chassis when they are in groups so the
cost could and should drop significantly for multiple units (starting at
two, not two hundred!).

Mark Thornton
San Marcos Internet, Inc.
512-393-5300

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.