Subject: (usr-tc) stalling

From: Jamie Orzechowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 13:05:17 +0000

Many of our users seem to be having a "stalling" problem.

They will be going fine and all of the sudden there is a 2 minute stop.
They are not disconnected ... they bytes in/out just stop ... then 2 minutes
later it picks up again and everything is fine ... then another stoppage at
a random time ...

any ideas??

DSP -> 2.0.70
ARC -> 4.2.29

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Tatai SV Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 14:39:48 +0000

> later it picks up again and everything is fine ... then another stoppage at
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  This code is not very stable - One of the reason it is 
locked in totalservice.  I would recommend not to use and wait for the 
new release of 4.2.x code. If you still want to debug it do a mon ppp on 
the user and get the trace - we can see what is happening.

krish

-

---

From: Aaron Nabil <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 21:02:28 +0000

Jamie Orzechowski writes...
>later it picks up again and everything is fine ... then another stoppage at

Routing problem in your network, RIP holddown timers, etc.

-- 
Aaron Nabil

-