Subject: RE: [USR-TC] Forcing a default route for customer through radius

From: Brian Becker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 22:41:37 +0000

No actually I'm trying to make our FamilySafeInternet service work
locally. It is working fine at each of our locations because the gateway
router tunnels over to the R2000/Xstop filter. But locally on our main
pop we can't do that since that causes a loop (gateway router sends
traffic over to R2000 which requests a web page for that users IP which
goes to the gateway router and the cycle starts all over again).

Normal dialup customers use the default route:
	0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 gateway 216.41.128.1

Family Safe Customers need to use a different default route:
	0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 gateway 216.41.128.24

I was thinking that you could send a gateway to the arc for by Radius.

Brian

Brian Becker
President, Poplar Bluff Internet, Inc.
P.O. Box 190 | Poplar Bluff, MO 63902 | 573.686.9114

Home of
  http://semo.net - Southeast Missouri's Online Community
  http://TotallyFabricated.com 
     Total Scrutinizer - Tech Support Just Got Easier
     WebGabber - All-html Web Chat Software

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Ed Taylor
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 11:10 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [USR-TC] Forcing a default route for customer through
radius

Brain,

  Are you trying to redirect them to a certain Website or something so
that if they are late on a Bill they will see that page only? Because I
am not sure what has been stated will do that.

What would really be nice is to push a Popup to the customer...
Something to make a box popup when the customer logs in and then again
every so often. Once the account becomes more seriously overdue limit
their surfing and still have the popup.

--
Edgar D. Taylor
President/CEO
FIRST USA Inc.
Voice: (800)716-6190
Email: [email-masked]
Web: www.1st.net
--

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Brian Becker
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 11:00 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [USR-TC] Forcing a default route for customer through
radius

I was hoping to do it by Radius though. Isn't there a way to do it by
framed-route or something like that?

Brian Becker
President, Poplar Bluff Internet, Inc. http://semo.net
P.O. Box 190 | Poplar Bluff, MO 63902 | 573.686.9114

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Jeff Mcadams
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 8:03 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [USR-TC] Forcing a default route for customer through
radius

Also sprach Brian Becker
>Is there an attribute to force a default route other than the normal
>via radius for a particular customer?

Check into the Internet Equal Access (IEA) feature.  Basically let's you
set up per-user default routes.

I've not used this feature personally, so I don't know how much help I
can be on configuration issues, but I know that's what it does.  :)
Another option might be to configure the customer as a tunnel user and
tunnel them to wherever you need to get their traffic, though there are,
obviously, some complications from that.
-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456

_______________________________________________
USR-TC mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/usr-tc

_______________________________________________
USR-TC mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/usr-tc

_______________________________________________
USR-TC mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/usr-tc

---

From: Randy Cosby <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 23:13:41 +0000

You would need this in your reply attribute:

VPN-Neighbor = 216.41.128.24

I'd have to dig out the manual to see how to enable IEA again, since I
haven't done it in a long time (and you probably have the manual too).  It's
a very simple procedure of just one or two lines at the arc command line.
After IEA is enabled, the above radius reply attribute sets the next hop for
you.  We used this to route through an Xstop box for years.

Randy

> [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Brian Becker
> Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 3:42 PM