Subject: (usr-tc) 3Com SA Server Event Logging

From: ck <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 19:56:39 +0000

Hello:

We are currently testing 3Com's SA Server 6.09 on Windows NT 4, SP5.  So far
we have Authentication and Accounting working as we need it, except as noted
below; however I seem to be missing something with the Event Logging.  I
have no problem getting connection info from the NMC, but what we are in
need of is a log of Successful Logins, Failed Logins and Security Breaches.
I have those features seemingly enabled via the Database Manager, but no
info is being logged. I gather from the manual this info should be written
to the Events table.  Accounting info written to the Calls table is no
problem.  I would like to have the desired information available to our help
desk via queries from the Event table.  Any ideas?  We have TC hubs with
Netserver and Arcs, as well as old Livingston PM3's and Ascend Maxen.

Also, concerning the Maxen, we cannot seem to authenticate through SA, only
get accounting info.  Any help on this would also be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Charles Kimes, Administrator
EagleNet DataCommunications, Inc.
1921 Osborne Rd. Ste. 4
St. Marys, GA 31558
(912) 882-8406
FAX (912) 882-8408
[email-masked]