Subject: Re: (usr-tc) TCM 6.023

From: Steve Valiunas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 17:30:25 +0000

If you are making span-level changes,  make sure you "save T1/E1" on the
HiperDSP,  then from the NMC, "save chassis to NVRAM" to be safe.  The last step
is required if you have auto-config enabled on the NMC.   Also,  you should be
using 6.2.17 NMC code (requires TCM 6.0 as well) with the 2.0 HiperDSPs. Note
that there is a s/w reset and a h/w reset available on the HiperDSP through TCM.
Depending on how you save and how autoConfig is set, each may give you different
results.

STeve

"Sam Lowe" <[email-masked]> on 12/08/99 08:06:35 AM

Please respond to [email-masked]

Sent by:  "Sam Lowe" <[email-masked]>

To:   [email-masked]
cc:    (Steve Valiunas/MW/US/3Com)
Subject:  (usr-tc) TCM 6.023

We seem to be having a problem saving settings on our HiPer DSP cards using
TCM (we think).

When we set the switch type and reset the card it would revert back to the
default setting (5ESS).  When the 3Com tech set it, it stayed?

Also the cause codes, timeslot mapping and blocking, and timeslot service
configurations are not taking.  We set them, save the settings to NVRAM, and
reset the card and all the settings revert, BUT, when we restore from nvram
all the settings get the correct values?

Any ideas would be appreciated.  We are running 4.1.59 on the ARC and 2.0.81
on the DSPs.  The NMC is running 5.6.2.  This is a new chassis.

Samuel S. Lowe
Director, Data Services
UniversalCom, Inc.
[email-masked]

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Sam Lowe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 15:18:13 +0000

We were able to save the changes by saving the chassis to NVRAM.  Thanks for
the tip.  Don't know why it work, but it does.

Followed your recommendation to upgrade the NMC to 6.2.17 and the DSPs
stopped taking calls.  Got the "...invalid..." message on every inbound
call.  Had to fall back to 5.6.2 (what was preloaded when it came).

Also noticed that no calls connect above 19k on the DSP.  We have never seen
anything like this on any of our other units.  Is there something wrong with
these new chassis'?

We are starting to lose customers!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Valiunas" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 1999 9:29 AM
Subject: Re: (usr-tc) TCM 6.023

-