Subject: (usr-tc) Weird Log files

From: "G. Owens" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 06:28:38 +0000

Hey All. Can someone look and tell me what might be going on here. This is a
copy of my radius log file from one of my remote pops. It just started this
yesterday and we can't seem to stop it. Everything looks right on the ARC
and in radius. Have even restarted the arc twice. Also the radius detail
file from this box keeps showing this unauthinicated user stop over and over
and I am not sure what it means. What is odd is this chassis is in a remote
area and we are only using the slots 1 &2 on it with DSP cards. Everything
is running the next to newest code. Not the one that reboots the arc all the
time...... Thanks for any help in advance. BTW we are running Cistron radius
Greg Owens
Magnolia Internet Services
South Arkansas' Premier Internet Provider
http://www.magnolia-net.com

Tue Sep 26 23:07:18 2000: Error: Accounting: logout: entry for NAS tc3arc1
port 6 has wrong ID
Tue Sep 26 23:07:19 2000: Error: Accounting: logout: entry for NAS tc3arc1
port 3 has wrong ID
Tue Sep 26 23:07:20 2000: Error: Accounting: logout: entry for NAS tc3arc1
port 2 has wrong ID
Tue Sep 26 23:07:25 2000: Error: Accounting: logout: entry for NAS tc3arc1
port 2 has wrong ID
Tue Sep 26 23:07:37 2000: Error: Accounting: logout: entry for NAS tc3arc1
port 4 has wrong ID
Tue Sep 26 23:07:38 2000: Info: NAS tc3arc1 restarted (Accounting-On packet
seen)
Tue Sep 26 23:07:48 2000: Error: Accounting: logout: entry for NAS tc3arc1
port 6 has wrong ID
Tue Sep 26 23:07:52 2000: Error: Accounting: logout: entry for NAS tc3arc1
port 3 has wrong ID
Tue Sep 26 23:07:55 2000: Error: Accounting: logout: entry for NAS tc3arc1
port 8 has wrong ID
Tue Sep 26 23:07:55 2000: Error: Accounting: logout: entry for NAS tc3arc1
port 2 has wrong ID
Tue Sep 26 23:08:01 2000: Error: Accounting: logout: entry for NAS tc3arc1
port 3 has wrong ID
Tue Sep 26 23:08:01 2000: Auth: Login OK: [marlar] (from nas tc1arc2/S536)
Tue Sep 26 23:08:02 2000: Error: Accounting: logout: entry for NAS tc3arc1
port 3 has wrong ID
Tue Sep 26 23:08:04 2000: Error: Accounting: logout: entry for NAS tc3arc1
port 3 has wrong ID
Tue Sep 26 23:08:05 2000: Error: Accounting: logout: entry for NAS tc3arc1
port 2 has wrong ID
Tue Sep 26 23:08:05 2000: Error: Accounting: logout: entry for NAS tc3arc1
port 3 has wrong ID
Tue Sep 26 23:08:05 2000: Error: Accounting: logout: entry for NAS tc3arc1
port 2 has wrong ID
Tue Sep 26 23:08:06 2000: Error: Accounting: logout: entry for NAS tc3arc1
port 3 has wrong ID

Tue Sep 26 23:13:31 2000
        User-Name = "unauthenticated"
        NAS-IP-Address = 63.89.132.3
        Acct-Status-Type = Stop
        Acct-Session-Id = "393591"
        Acct-Delay-Time = 1440
        Service-Type = Framed-User
        NAS-Port-Type = Async
        NAS-Port-Id = 7
        USR-Interface-Index = 1263
        USR-Chassis-Call-Slot = 1
        USR-Chassis-Call-Span = 1
        USR-Chassis-Call-Channel = 7
        USR-Unauthenticated-Time = 40
        USR-Modem-Training-Time = 20
        Calling-Station-Id = ""
        Called-Station-Id = ""
        USR-Modulation-Type = v90Digital
        USR-Simplified-MNP-Levels = ccittV42
        USR-Simplified-V42bis-Usage = ccittV42bis
        USR-Connect-Speed = 41333_BPS
        Framed-Protocol = PPP
        Framed-IP-Address = 0.0.0.0
        Acct-Session-Time = 60
        Acct-Terminate-Cause = User-Request
        USR-HARC-Disconnect-Code = User-Req-Drop
        Acct-Input-Octets = 406
        Acct-Output-Octets = 170
        Acct-Input-Packets = 17
        Acct-Output-Packets = 8
        USR-Call-Arrival-Time = 149550318
        USR-Call-End-Time = 149550378
        Timestamp = 970028011
        Request-Authenticator = Verified

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: "G. Owens" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 03:50:33 +0000

Since I got no replys from the first email I will try again from a different
angle. We finally figured out what is happening and maybe someone on this
list has been here. We are in the process of installing a R2000 filter box
from X-Stop and trying to use this by setting up a different user group in
radius to sort out filtered from unfiltered. What is happening the R2000
loos to filter outbound requests only. Well once the R2000 receives the
accounting packets it is never sending the ack packets back to the arc.
Thus all the weird accounting errors below. Has anyone ever used one of
these boxes with a total control that might could add some insight as to the
best way to do this either on or off list. So far we have spent about 6 hrs
on phone with xstop and it still isn't up and going. Thanks

Greg Owens
----- Original Message -----
From: G. Owens <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2000 11:20 PM
Subject: (usr-tc) Weird Log files

-