Subject: RE: (usr-tc) Total Scrutinizer

From: Brian Becker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 06:59:56 +0000

Are you sure that you've got a community string in the arc? Try the
following command while logged into the Arc:
  add snmp community public access RO

That should add a community string of public to the Arc and see if it works correctly then.

Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2000 8:06 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: (usr-tc) Total Scrutinizer

>Sorry about that, missing </table> tag. The download page is now 
>available in Netscape.
>
>Thanks for the heads up.
>
>Brian
>

So, Brian...I downloaded the demo version; it is able
to talk to the NMC, but fails on contacting the ARC.
Any suggestions? I believe I have the community strings
set properly...and I've double-checked the IP address.

*********************************************************
Michelle M. Mogil
Network and Computing Systems
735 Rhodes Hall, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853
vox: (607) 255-0516, fax: (607) 255-8521
email: [email-masked]
**********************************************

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Mike Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 15:36:18 +0000

I have a Total Control chassis with two HiPerDSP cards in it. I monitor
"Reason for Call Termination" with Total Control Manager. I am seeing a lot
of "v42DisconnectCmd(26)" and "rcvdGatewayDiscCmd(62)". Any ideas as to what
these mean? I am getting complaints from customers about disconnects as
well. Thanks for your help!

Mike Moore

-

---

From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 15:46:35 +0000

Also sprach Mike Moore
>"Reason for Call Termination" with Total Control Manager. I am seeing a
>lot of "v42DisconnectCmd(26)" and "rcvdGatewayDiscCmd(62)". Any ideas
>as to what these mean? I am getting complaints from customers about
>disconnects as well. Thanks for your help!

Those are both normal "healthy" disconnect reasons.  the
v42DisconnectCmd means that the other modem on the line sent the v42
modulation code that informs the other end that it wants to end the
call.  The rcvdGatewayDiscCmd means that the Arc (or other gateway type
of card, NETServer, wireless gateway card, etc.) sent the signal over
the "dte" connection telling the DSP that it wanted to end the call.
The DSP would then send the v42 code to disconnect to the other end.
Essentially, its a race to see which of these is going to occur first in
a normal call disconnect.  Did PPP shut down first on our side so the
gateway card gets the signal to the dsp first, or did PPP shut down
first on the other side so that it gets signaled to the other side's
modem and through the modem connection to our side?  Both are normal and
healthy...you need to be checking into the Call Termination reasons
other than these.
-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456

-

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 17:44:33 +0000

Hum. I had set another community string for security reasons,
but putting "public" in there worked. *shrug* As long as it
works. Interesting software. Might consider it! Thanks...

-

---

From: Kenneth Nye <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 18:58:30 +0000

In using the total scrutinizer I have  found that I have
         1 Hiper Arc with DSP that works fine
         1 Hiper Arc with Quads that gets error communicating with the Arc
         1 NetServer with Quads that get the same error

I have MRTG running and I checked out the community strings and they are 
correct. Is the any tips anyone might be able to give me...

                                                 Ken

-