Subject: (usr-tc) Problem

From: Valantine Nchemty Nyenty <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 19:30:24 +0000

Hi all
We have noticed that the Ip address of the TC is propagated to Windows
98
PCs on our network as a default gateway . This sometimes prevents some
of our
customers from connecting to the Internet. When we perform a ping to any

computer in the internet, it says :
response from the TC  IP address , destination unreachable.

What can I do to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance
Valantine Nchemty Nyenty

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2000 03:56:27 +0000

Also sprach Valantine Nchemty Nyenty
>98 PCs on our network as a default gateway . This sometimes prevents
>some of our customers from connecting to the Internet. When we perform
>a ping to any

>What can I do to solve this problem?

Couple of possibilities on why this would be happening.  I *believe*
that, by default, windows listens to both RIP and ICMP Router Discovery
(rdisc).  One or the other (or maybe even both!) could be causing what
you're seeing.

Just a couple of possibilities...not sure what exactly you're seeing
though  (not enough information to go on)
-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456

-