Subject: [USR-TC] T1 or E1 DSP

From: WayneG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 13:19:27 +0000

How do you tell if a HiPer DSP is a 30 modem E1 ?
Can the E1 DSP's be used in the US with a 24 channel PRI?

    -Wayne

---

From: Mike Greene <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 14:40:49 +0000

>Can the E1 DSP's be used in the US with a 24 channel PRI?

On the NAC I notice two things (well several, but these two things stood out)

1) the 2 PowerPC chips at the top of the card on the E1 version are half 
the size than the T1

2) there are 16 modem DSP chips vs the 13 on the T1

Also in TCM it will say "Hiper DSP 30" when you highlight the card.

I think the NIC is the key component in getting the E1 to work in a T1 
Environment, another list member sent me a message regarding the T1 clock 
crystal was running at 2.048 Mhz instead of the 1.536 for T1.

I could not get the card to accept T1 DSP code either.

- Mike

------------------------------------------------
Rock Island Communications, Inc.  (360)-378-5884
http://www.rockisland.com/  San Juan Islands, WA
------------------------------------------------