Subject: (usr-tc) Quad's&Dual T1: now seem to "busy" themselves out pretty frequent ly

From: Scott Trautman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 18:41:15 +0000

Not sure at what point in time this started, but I regularlly have to go
into the T1 card, look at the line stats,
figure out which channels are in busy out, reset them.

I don't believe I have anything setup with auto-response to do anything like
busy itself out.

Any way to stopping the modem from busy-ing itself out/any why on what's
happening here?
Grrrr....replace all of them with DSP's but I'm feeling a little too cheap
right now....

T1 Span Line 1 DS0/Modem Status

 DS0 DS0          Modem        Slot/   DS0 DS0          Modem        SLOT/
     Status       Status       Chan        Status       Status       chan
 
 1   CONNECT-IN   CONNECT-IN   2\1     13  IDLE         IDLE         5\1
 2   CONNECT-IN   CONNECT-IN   2\2     14  IDLE         IDLE         5\2
 3   BUSY-OUT     BUSY-OUT     2\3     15  IDLE         IDLE         5\3
 4   CONNECT-IN   CONNECT-IN   2\4     16  IDLE         IDLE         5\4
 5   CONNECT-IN   CONNECT-IN   3\1     17  IDLE         IDLE         6\1
 6   CONNECT-IN   CONNECT-IN   3\2     18  IDLE         IDLE         6\2
 7   IDLE         IDLE         3\3     19  IDLE         IDLE         6\3
 8   IDLE         IDLE         3\4     20  IDLE         IDLE         6\4
 9   IDLE         IDLE         4\1     21  IDLE         IDLE         7\1
 10  IDLE         IDLE         4\2     22  IDLE         IDLE         7\2
 11  IDLE         IDLE         4\3     23  IDLE         IDLE         7\3
 12  IDLE         IDLE         4\4     24  IDLE         IDLE         7\4

SMT

Scott M. Trautman	 800-482-4638	
Global Dialog Internet 	608-240-4638,4637fax	
2810 Crossroads, STE LL2	 [email-masked]	
Madison WI 53718	 <http://www.gdinet.com/>	

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Charles Sprickman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 02:14:04 +0000

> figure out which channels are in busy out, reset them.

You running ARCs or Netservers?  I saw the same thing (on an ARC
chassis) when I moved to the 4.2.x codebase.  Quad code did not change,
nor did the T1 card, only the ARC.  Sounds like the same thing.

I've posted numerous times, but never heard of anyone else with the same
problem.  Maybe no one uses quads anymore?  And of course it's something
you don't see unless you are looking for it...

Charles

-