Subject: (usr-tc) Hiper Modem cards failing in certain slots

From: Andrew Aken <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 15:13:23 +0000

We have 2 chassis that seem to randomly drop slots that the HiPer DSP's
work in when they are powered down. When the chassis come up, they will
have 1-3 DSP's that show 3 yellow lights in the active modems LED's and
they will not function no matter how many times they are reset. The only
way to get them working again is to move the DSP card pair into another
slot on the chassis. On one of our chassis, we only have one more slot
that will work with the DSP's left.

Does anyone know what the problem might be and how to fix it? I don't
think it's a hardware problem.
-- 
=======================================================
===========      Andrew Aken - President      =========
======       GlobalEyes Communications, Inc.     ======
=Southern Illinois' Fastest Connection to the Internet=
==========      http://www.GlobalEyes.net      ========
=======================================================

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.