Subject: (usr-tc) Booting a user

From: Steve Sherwick <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 01:34:23 +0000

Hi there,

    I have couple business users running demand dial accounts that are
problematic to me.
    They don't seem to get their systems programmed to demand dial. Since
they are running "right to resell" accounts that I'm suppossed to be able to
resell in the evenings I wanna boot them when they get anal.

    The knowlege base says I can login and type show session <user> and get
a S number for their session. You're supposed to then do a reset of that s
number. I'm afraid the generic Neserver instructions don't match this Hiper
monstor I have as it doesn't report an S number at all, It reports the
slot/port.

    Reset doesn't seem to know what to do with it....

    So how does one boot a user on this beast

    Thanks,

    Steve

Minnetonka Micro  - Superior Communications Services Since 1984

---

From: Kevin Benton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 17:47:38 +0000

>     So how does one boot a user on this beast

On the HiPer ARC, disconnect user (username).

On the NetServer...
   show sessions
   reset <port>

Netserver example...
   (find the session for the user in question and take down the S number
on the left such as...
S11   doggish         dig01-60.i40.sot Netwrk  In  ESTABLISHED       26    0

S11 is the port number, so reset that port...
    reset S11

Kevin Benton

E-Mail:  [email-masked]
Web:     http://users.sota-oh.com/~s1kevin/
Unsolicited advertisements processing fee: $50 subject to change without notice

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.