Subject: (usr-tc) Half the modems on DSP hanging up just after connection

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 04:16:01 +0000

I'm having an odd problem where a DSP card is dropping connections
directly after the negotiation process finishes, but only on modems
1-12.  Modems 13-23 work fine.

When I enable modems 1-12, they always drop connections immediately
after modem negotiation completes.  I get this syslog message:

============
A call, call id = 720898, has arrived on interface slot:1/mod:12
A call is established, call id 720898, on interface slot:1/mod:12
The connection for call id 720898, on if slot:1/mod:12 was dropped for user UNKNOWN
============

The DSP card is a replacement from 3Com for a card that failed.  The
first replacement they sent did not work at all.  I think this may
also be a bad card, but am looking for tips on things to try.

I have already restored all setting from default, saved it to NVRAM
and rebooted the card many times.  The fact that it does correctly
answer calls on modems 13-23 makes me think its defective.

I went into the DSP card console and ran

chdev tslot X
cmd tooserv soft

where X is 1-12.  Once that was done, all is fine (expect the card
only has 11 active modems).

I also notice that I am getting these syslog messages over and over.

GWCMDM_AL, slot:1/mod:24 TAPI OPEN failed
GWCMDM_AL, slot:1/mod:24 TAPI_OPEN failed, retrying

Thanks for any tips, Dan

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.