Subject: (usr-tc) USR TC Alternative

From: "G. Douglas Davidson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 20:17:30 +0000

We have a small number of people that, for whatever reason, have a tough time
connecting to the Total Control.  I'd like to pick up another access server
that might allow us to connect a majority of these people having difficulties
without spending all day playing with modem init strings.  So I guess I am
looking for the "Anti-Total Control".  I'd also like something where we may be
able to pick up some functionality that may be lacking in the TC, or where we
may find lower long term costs compared to those associated with the TC.  I
don't want something that is dead-ended.

I'm familiar with the Livingston stuff as we used to run them (and I used to
like them) but I don't think that would be a good longer term decision.  I've
heard that the Ascend gear is very popular and can connect to a wide variety of
modems.  So perhaps a used Ascend may be in order.  Also, I've been looking
into the Ariel RS4200 which appears pretty nice, but I can't seem to find
anyone that has run one of these things outside of through Ariel.

Thanks up front for any suggestions.

-- 
-----
G Douglas Davidson                      | CityNet, Inc.
[email-masked]                    | Pittsburgh, PA
voice: 412.481.5406                     | fax: 412.431.1315

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Greg Coffey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 20:35:39 +0000

We have kept a small number of pots lines in some of our towns connected to 
a USR netserver 16.  We have some that have difficulty connecting or 
staying connected to the TC units and they seem satisfied with the 
NS16.  Pots lines cost us lots more per month these days but it has worked 
well for us.

>Thanks up front for any suggestions.

Thanks, Greg Coffey                               <[email-masked]>
Visionary Communications  V 307-234-5443    F 307-234-5446
100 N. Center Suite #100, Casper, WY  82601    www.vcn.com
_________________________________________________________

-

---

From: Drix <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 14:16:50 +0000

how do i enable rip v2 on TC netserver? I am passing ripv2 updates from
cisco 2509 doing dial backup when primary link on serial line goes down?

thanks...

Drix Tabligan
Pilipino Internet

-