Subject: (usr-tc) HiperARC filter question......

From: Brian <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 22:36:04 +0000

I am making filters for all of our users on the HiperARC, basically a
"default" filter, which I wish to assign in RADIUS.  I am doing this like:

	Filter-Id = "filter.in"

Now, we also have an Ascend TNT box, which also uses the same RADIUS.  I
wish it were as simple as making a filter on the Ascend called "filter"
and going with that but it gets a little crazy.........

Ascend limits you to like a dozen or so rules on a filter, no more.  So we
have to break it into 2 filters, and assign like so:

        Filter-Id = "filter.in1",
        Filter-Id = "filter.in2"

Yes this works.........on the Ascend, but I don't believe this will work
on the HiperARC.  and I am not sure if the HiperARC would be ok in putting
all the rules in one of the files and leaving the other non-existant, it
would probably deny access.............

Does anyone have a solution?

Brian

-----------------------------------------------------
Brian Feeny (BF304)     [email-masked]   
318-222-2638 x 109	http://www.shreve.net/~signal      
Network Administrator   ShreveNet Inc. (ASN 11881) 	      

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.