Subject: RE: (usr-tc) USR-TC chassis dying. Help!

From: Brian Elfert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 18:06:59 +0000

On Wed, 8 Dec 1999, Marshall Morgan wrote:

> I would reboot the Netserver and see if that fixes the problem as it
> sounds like a packet bus issue (t1 passes the call to the modem but the
> modem cannot talk to the netserver). 

I did power cycle the whole unit last night to no avail.

I did have like 12 calls up while other modems were turning red and giving
dead air.  I soft busied both T1s, but the remaining calls all ended up
getting dropped with Lost-Carrier within 30 minutes.  According to Radius
logs, 5 of the calls dropped within 2 seconds.  One person did call and
complain about being dropped.

After reading your message, I decided to check the modem assignments in
the Netserver.  The Netserver seems to think modems are assigned to slot
1.  I think I'll try wiping the NVRAM in the Netserver and reconfiguring
it.

Brian

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Terry Kennedy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 05:05:54 +0000

What's the lastest on this code? Is it nessasary for anything
other than the new features such as ospf? Also, it took 3 times
trying to load it through tcm before it actually was there. Very
strange, no errors - the download windows just went away and the 
wasn't there on the reboot. After the 3rd try the tcm window gave
the normal "must reboot for the code to take effect and after 
rebooting it was there. Never had this happen before. odd to say 
the least. Are the hidden commands still there with release? If
so, anyone rember how to enable them. I can't for the life remember.

Terry Kennedy
OlyPen, Inc.

-

---

From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 05:20:09 +0000

Thus spake Terry Kennedy
>What's the lastest on this code? Is it nessasary for anything other
>than the new features such as ospf? 

OSPF is still a bit rough...I wouldn't recommend anyone really betting
their life on it yet.  :)  Maybe in the next release...not really sure
if there are any improvements in the works for the next release on OSPF
yet.

>Also, it took 3 times trying to load it through tcm before it actually
>was there. Very strange, no errors - the download windows just went
>away and the wasn't there on the reboot. 

Sounds like a problem with TCM or windows actually.  Another possibility
(and this works much faster) is to use the tftp client or server
capability of the Arc directly to get the code to the Arc.  tftp the dmf
file directly to the arc (the arc can function as either a tftp server
or client...choose whichever is more convenient for you :), and make the
filename (either upload as, or rename after its uploaded) netserve.dmf.
When you reboot the Arc, it should see this file and extract it for the
new code and install it during boot.

>Are the hidden commands still there with release? If so, anyone rember
>how to enable them. I can't for the life remember.

They are always enabled...you can always use the commands...
"_show com" to diplay them when you use "?"
-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456

-

---

From: Terry Kennedy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 05:38:52 +0000

Thanks jeff, I give the direct approach a try next time. It seems 
to running Ok now. I" ll throw it online tommorrow and see if 
works ok. Still am baffled by the _show com deal. I thought that's 
what it was but the arc returns

S3A >>_show com
CLI - Invalid Argument: com

Error - You asked for help for an Invalid Command:
S3A >>  

And the "?" never shows them. 

-

-

---

From: Brian Gordon <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 06:47:37 +0000

What is going on with TCM now?  It seems like whenever I install this on a
fresh install of Windows NT it has all sorts of problems.  It doesn't crash
until I go into Performance Menu.

Anyone else have this sort of experience?  Never had the problem with
win95/98 just NT.

Brian Gordon
Network Administrator
Westelcom Internet
[email-masked]

-

---

From: Charles Sprickman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 18:57:49 +0000

Short answer, start it from a DOS prompt.

Don't ask why...

Charles

-

---

From: Brian Gordon <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 01:20:31 +0000

Damn this really worked, time to write a little batch file......

Brian
----- Original Message -----
From: "Charles Sprickman" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, December 09, 1999 11:54 AM
Subject: Re: (usr-tc) TCM Crashing - Help

-