Subject: (usr-tc) V.92

From: Cheryl Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 19:22:09 +0000

Well its been a while since I have been on the list. I save the messages and go back and read whenever possible. Seems as though some modem manufacturer's are supposively now selling v.92 modems. My question is, has anyone seen any software for the TC Chassis that supports the new feature? I am just looking ahead. We have had a few customers ask if we supported it but not to many at this point. Anyone heard any news on this lately? I have this strange feeling this is only going to be offered on the new line of TC 1000. 

CJ
Network Admin
SEI Communications
[email-masked]

---

From: Curt Shambeau <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 19:48:46 +0000

> Well its been a while since I have been on the list. I save the
> messages and go back and read whenever possible. Seems as though some
> modem manufacturer's are supposively now selling v.92 modems. My
> question is, has anyone seen any software for the TC Chassis that
> supports the new feature? I am just looking ahead. We have had a few
> customers ask if we supported it but not to many at this point. Anyone
> heard any news on this lately? I have this strange feeling this is only
> going to be offered on the new line of TC 1000.

If you mean it won't be offered on Quad Modem, I would guess the same.
But TC1000 is really just a new name for all the total control gear out
there.  It really isn't anything new.

As far as news from 3COM... My rep has said he thinks general release of
v92 code will be sometime June/July.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Curtis V. Shambeau  |  [email-masked] |  Sr Vice President |
|  CoreComm, LTD, formerly Voyager.net and ExecPC - Wisconsin Office    |
|    "Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others"      |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.