Subject: [USR-TC] MRTG Sript for Modem utilization.

From: "Timothy C. Bohen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 17:16:23 +0000

Does anyone have an MRTG script to track modem utilization on the Arc's?

Thanks

Timothy C. Bohen
CMSInter.Net / Crystal MicroSystems
===================================
web   : www.cmsinter.net
email : [email-masked]
phone : 989.235.5100 x222

---

From: Wayne Barber <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 10:24:04 +0000

We have two modem racks, so we need to add together the modem usage 
from both racks. I'm sorry about any wordwrap, but the line that begins 
Target[tcpool] contains everything up to MaxBytes. If you have only one 
rack, you can stop after the first arcaddress.domain. Be sure to 
substitute your SNMP public password and your arc addresses in the 
example.

#---------------------------------------------------------------
# HiperARC section
#---------------------------------------------------------------
Target[tcpool]: 
.1.3.6.1.4.1.429.4.10.36.0&1.3.6.1.4.1.429.4.10.36.0:[email-masked]
omain +  
.1.3.6.1.4.1.429.4.10.36.0&1.3.6.1.4.1.429.4.10.36.0:public@arcaddress2.
domain
MaxBytes[tcpool]: 168
Options[tcpool]: gauge
Unscaled[tcpool]: dwmy
Ylegend[tcpool]: Users Online
ShortLegend[tcpool]: Users
Legend1[tcpool]: Users Online
LegendO[tcpool]:
Title[tcpool]: Modem Pool
PageTop[tcpool]: <H1>Users online</H1>

On 19 Nov 2001 at 12:17, Timothy C. Bohen wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> USR-TC mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/usr-tc
> 

Wayne Barber
Coastal Telco Services

---

From: "Francisco V. Brasileiro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 10:30:04 +0000

> Does anyone have an MRTG script to track modem utilization on the Arc's?

Target[modems]: 1.3.6.1.4.1.429.4.2.1.10.0&1.3.6.1.4.1.429.4.2.1.10.0:[email-masked]
Directory[modems]: modems
Options[modems]: absolute, gauge, noinfo, nopercent
MaxBytes[modems]: 210
...

[]'s Kico

______________________________________________________________________
 Francisco Vasconcelos Brasileiro                [email-masked]
 Analista de Suporte                       NetDados Internet Provider
 http://www.netdados.com.br                  Tel. (079) 213-0855 R367
 UIN: 6826562					  Linux User: #101368

---

From: Wayne Barber <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 17:32:08 +0000

I forgot to mention that MaxBytes should be set to the number of modems 
you have.

On 19 Nov 2001 at 12:23, Wayne Barber wrote:

> We have two modem racks, so we need to add together the modem usage from
> both racks. I'm sorry about any wordwrap, but the line that begins

Wayne Barber
Coastal Telco Services

---

From: Green Apple Network Info <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 18:01:16 +0000

I have a perl script that get total usage per box and another that can do
individual DSP card usage. Let me know if interested.

Mark
Green Apple Inc

----- Original Message -----
From: "Francisco V. Brasileiro" <[email-masked]>
To: "Timothy C. Bohen" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Usr-Tc@Lists. Xmission. Com" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2001 12:29 PM
Subject: Re: [USR-TC] MRTG Sript for Modem utilization.

> Target[modems]:
1.3.6.1.4.1.429.4.2.1.10.0&1.3.6.1.4.1.429.4.2.1.10.0:[email-masked]

---

From: Green Apple Network Info <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 20:15:06 +0000

Hello All,
    Since I've gotten nurmerous requests for this, here is the perl script I
have for per DSP card modem usage. Read the script for more info. Let me
know if works for you. I called it dsp.pl.

------------------------------------------------------------
#!/usr/bin/perl

# dsp.pl
#
# Usage dsp.pl community@IP@slot#
# Example dsp.pl [email-masked]@7
#
# Created by Mark Starr ([email-masked])
# returns:
# Modems in use (value1)
# DSP card capacity (value2)
# Assumes 23 channels are available

# Points to lib installed with MRTG. Modify as needed
use lib "/usr/local/mrtg/current/lib/mrtg2";
use BER;
use SNMP_util;
use SNMP_Session;

my($community,$router,$slot) = split /\@/, $ARGV[0];

foreach ($i = 1;$i <= 23; $i++) {
        $mib1 = "enterprises.429.1.28.2.1.3.";
        $mib2 = "025.";
        $mib = $mib1.$slot.$mib2.$i;

        ($value) = snmpget("$community\@$router","$mib");
        if ($value eq 5) {
                $value1=($value1+1);
                $value2=($value2+1);
        }
        else {
                $value2=($value2+1);
        }
}

if( $value1 eq ''){$value1 = 0 };
if( $value2 eq ''){$value2 = 0 };
print "$value1\n";
print "$value2\n";
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Mark
Green Apple Inc

---

From: Charles Sprickman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 04:10:32 +0000

Hi,

Also, if you have the mrtg source around, check the contrib directory.
There's scripts in their for dsp's and T1 cards that do this quite
nicely...

Charles

| Charles Sprickman                  | Internet Channel
| INCH System Administration Team    | (212)243-5200
| [email-masked]                     | [email-masked]

---

From: Green Apple Network Info <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 14:20:02 +0000

The only script I have every found in the contrib. for 3com will give you
total modem usage per box, not per DSP card, so that's why I wrote this
script. We have boxes with mixed PRI numbers in them and needed to separate
the totals.

Mark
Green Apple Inc

---

From: Charles Sprickman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 19:53:33 +0000

Hi,

Just thought I'd point out the mrtg stuff in case it was handy for
someone.  I may start using your script as well, as I have a chassis where
I'd like to split a card into a different graph.

Thanks!

Charles

---

From: Marshall Morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 09:27:35 +0000

Which ARC code are you using - this doesn't come on my TV (i.e. it doesn't
work for me as the mib's don't exist on 4.2.32 or 5.2.102).

Marshall Morgan

Internet Doorway, Inc (aka NETDOOR)
http://www.netdoor.com

601.969.1434 x28 | 800.952.1570 x28 | 601.969.3629 x28 | Fax 601.969.3838

---

From: Green Apple Network Info <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 14:05:47 +0000

I am running ARC 5.0.9 and MNC 7.1.8 and DSP 2.1.9. Note the IP used with
this script is the NMC IP, not the ARC IP. The request is made to the NMC
card. That might be your problem.

Thanks,
Mark
Green Apple Inc

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marshall Morgan" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2001 4:29 AM
Subject: Re: [USR-TC] MRTG Sript for individual DSP card modem utilization.

> >     Since I've gotten nurmerous requests for this, here is the perl
script
> I

---

From: Marshall Morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2001 00:44:03 +0000

Mark,

Check this out - on newer NMC code (8.2.7 for sure) - you can get the number
of callers for each DSP as follows (quick too!)

t1hStatCallsConn
MIB Information: t1hStatCallsConn
1.3.6.1.4.1.429.1.26.5.1.1.10
mandatory read-only
Description: This object specifies Number of calls connected
Settings: INTEGER

Example:

snmpwalk nmcdeviceip snmppublicsting .1.3.6.1.4.1.429.1.26.5.1.1.10

enterprises.429.1.26.5.1.1.10.1000 = 4
enterprises.429.1.26.5.1.1.10.2000 = 3
enterprises.429.1.26.5.1.1.10.3000 = 2
enterprises.429.1.26.5.1.1.10.4000 = 3
enterprises.429.1.26.5.1.1.10.5000 = 4
enterprises.429.1.26.5.1.1.10.6000 = 2
enterprises.429.1.26.5.1.1.10.7000 = 1
enterprises.429.1.26.5.1.1.10.8000 = 3
enterprises.429.1.26.5.1.1.10.9000 = 3
enterprises.429.1.26.5.1.1.10.10000 = 3
enterprises.429.1.26.5.1.1.10.11000 = 3
enterprises.429.1.26.5.1.1.10.12000 = 1

This could easily be modified to see the number of callers on one (or more)
DSPs - hitting the ARC is better IMHO for an entire chassis calc, but for
seeing the load on each modem (if needed) this method will work better and
be more accurate as the list of callers on the ARC will be ones that are
ESTablised not just trying to dial in.

Just sharing info - this is what this list is for!  I will also have more
information on the HiperDSP 3.1.7 reboot issue next week - it's real and
happens on PRI's (our CT1 upgrade does not have this problem) - monitor
yours and see people.

Marshall Morgan