Subject: (usr-tc) changing IP pool

From: K Mitchell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2000 10:29:00 +0000

I want to change the IP pool on my chassis from one class C to another
one, while leaving the ARC and NMC with their original IPs from the first
class C. Will simply resetting the IP pool in ARC work ok, or do I need to
make any special provisions for the changeover? Will the ARC still route to
the old addresses on current calls?

Thanks,
-- 
Kirk Mitchell-General Manager        [email-masked]
Keystone Connect                     Unlock Your World
Altoona, PA   814-941-5000      http://www.keyconn.net

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Tatai SV Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2000 17:13:13 +0000

> the old addresses on current calls?

Well - you will have to first create a new IP pool with the new IP 
address, and then disable the first IP pool.  If you have users currently 
dialed in - they will be using the first IP pool - thus you cannot 
disable and delete the pool.

krish

-

---

From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 04:40:10 +0000

Thus spake Tatai SV Krishnan

>disable and delete the pool.

Actually...I've found you can actually issue the delete command and it
works like a charm.  The pool will still be there when you do a list ip
pools command, since there are still addresses in use, but no new ones
will be assigned from it, and when all the addresses in use from that
pool are released, the pool does indeed disappear.
-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456

-

---

From: K Mitchell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 18:46:56 +0000

>pool are released, the pool does indeed disappear.

I was able to get the new pool in over the weekend with Krish's help, but
the ARC isn't routing to the new pool. Apparently I'm missing something.

-