Subject: RE: [USR-TC] Anybody have v.92 working yet?

From: Scott Trautman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 10:58:03 +0000

After this, I'm "over and out" on the subject, and from the tone of everyone
on here,
I'm going to pretty much tune out the whiny responses, too.

MAN, you'd think none of you has ever made a freakin' buck in the past
couple years.
If that's the case, I'm sorry you're such dumb-asses, really. Because I've
done pretty
well, and you know, I think I can afford the $750 or so for a software only
contract on a chassis that can contain
one heck of a lot of revenue generating capacity. Figure it out that way. Or
buy the HiperNMC/DSP "deal" for in around
$3k & get software support that way. A good deal when you figure it will be
in service for maybe 5 years quite probably---
You've got some configuration where it doesn't make sense to spend even
that? Well, then don't buy it and shut up. 
The universe is not rotating around you to serve your unique needs in all
cases.

I don't think Commworks, profit and loss-wise has done NEARLY as well as
even small ISP's--I think they're hemorrhaging
money most likely. I doubt any of you are. Or shouldn't be if you do
something other than piddle over
these types of things all day long.

So bitch as you like, but man, this act like Commworks is Evil and wants to
bleed you of your
last penny is really wearing on me. I'm right with you there that Commworks
has not shown the
utmost of intelligence on any number of things, including support contracts,
but, still, it's the best equipment out there,
it works relatively  problem free, it's generating a lot of revenue for us,
and I understand that I haven't exactly bought
new DSP's, ARC's, Chassis, anything in a good long time, and intrinsic in
that is the cost of software
updates--saved on one end by buying used, cost on the other end, software
contract, but add it up, still, real, damn cheap
if you figure it out in any kind of reasonable business way.

I'm as cheap as the next guy, but I do understand that if Commworks goes the
way of Ascend, Livingston, you WILL pay
a MUCH higher price in the long run. It's called supporting your vendors
instead of beating them out of the business. Try it.

Like I said, not interested in any sad stories whatsoever. It's my
perspective from reading the recent posts.

SMT

PS: Uh, not really interested in any "attaboys" from Commworks, either. 
Just keep the pricing pencils sharp and the thinking caps on.
 
Scott M. Trautman

---

From: Ronald Kushner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 19:00:28 +0000

Scott Trautman wrote:
> Figure it out that way. Or
> $3k & get software support that way. 

What deal is this?

Maybe 3Com hasn't been marketing it well because I have no clue what
you're talking about. I am in need of a HiPer NMC...

-Ron

---

From: Paul Farber <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 19:26:46 +0000

No, its not cheaper to do it your way.  Why pay $1200 one time for a DSP 
then pay for X years of support?  In the end you have bought the card 2-3 
times (at least).

Carry on :)

-- 
Paul Farber
Farber Technology
[email-masked]
Ph  570-628-5303
Fax 570-628-5545

On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, Scott Trautman wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> USR-TC mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/usr-tc
>

---

From: Dave Lajoie <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 19:39:00 +0000

Ron,

> What deal is this?

Here are some of the links you may want to take a look at regarding
current specials for TC1000 components etc.

Upgrade your ARC:
http://www.commworks.com/Programs/Promotional_Offers/ARC_Upgrade/Default.asp

NMC bundle:
http://www.commworks.com/Programs/Promotional_Offers/TC1000_v.92_upgradepack

Power Play Program:
http://www.commworks.com/Programs/Service_Provider/powerplayISP.asp

P.S. Thanks Ryan.

Dave Lajoie
RA Administrator
North Country Internet Access
www.ncia.net
E-mail:[email-masked]