Subject: (usr-tc) Funky and annoying "Card Removed" alarm server (SNMP) messages si nce HiperARC upgrade

From: Scott Trautman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 19:22:39 +0000

Hi--

Other than these messages, the ARC's I have that were upgraded are working
great.
Heck, 4.2.32 worked/s great too.

Only issue I really have is that we're getting a whole slug of alarm server
informational messages
(and would as well if we were using other SNMP tools I'm sure) since the
upgrade.

Message:

156.46.x.x; Card Removed from slot 1.3.6.1.4.1.429.4.2.2.0
Severity informational.

The 156.46 IP at the front is our syslog host as well as a DNS server
(looking for where this could come from) as set in the ARC;
Obviously we AREN'T removing cards; surely the string of numbers is an SNMP
reference to something--

So, anyone else seen this? Know how to make 'em go away? What is that SNMP
reference, anyway?

Thanks!

Scott M. Trautman	 800-482-4638	
Global Dialog Internet 	608-240-4638,4637fax	
2810 Crossroads, STE LL2	 [email-masked]	
Madison WI 53718	 <http://www.gdinet.com/>	

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 19:55:32 +0000

Looks like your using the "Alarm Server". It is unsupported by 3Com and
doesnt understand Traps from the HARC (Written before HARC existed). You
are getting either RADIUS auth fail or SNMP auth fail that the Alarm
Server prints as Card Insert.

-