Subject: (usr-tc) NIC and NAC install

From: Sheldon Koehler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 05:55:58 +0000

I have a simple question, when installing a card set in a hot chassis, do
you install the MIC or NAC first?

Sheldon

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 14:47:10 +0000

Thus spake Sheldon Koehler
>you install the MIC or NAC first?

NIC first, always.  :)
-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456

-

---

From: mft <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 15:33:56 +0000

Hi All,

I have a problem w/ our T1-PRI carrier and I don't know how to
tell them to let them realize that they can help.

Every time we "reboot" the TCH box,  the phone line become
not in service. "Busy" tone will appear , after the reboot,  when
user dial into it.

This was not the case in the past.  But recently the reboot will
cause this problem.  And the only way to resove it is
to call the carrier's NPC and give they the circuit/trunk group number
and ask them to restore the service, because it is "blocked" in their
term.

Does, any one know this is our TCH problem or is it the carrier's
circuit setup issue ?

Thank in adv.

Meng Tsai
[email-masked]
----- Original Message -----
From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 1999 7:39 AM
Subject: Re: (usr-tc) NIC and NAC install

-