Subject: (usr-tc) Binding 2 ISDN channels

From: Steve Cobb <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 19:47:51 +0000

Anyone know how to bind two 64k ISDN channels to one 128k connection?  Some of the "virtual ISP's" will only offer 64k connections in my area and I need to be able to offer 128k to customers.  I'm using RadiusNT to authenticate and can offer customers two separate accounts with different userids but I need to bind them to one.  Thanks for the help.

Steve Cobb

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 19:55:23 +0000

Also sprach Steve Cobb
>Anyone know how to bind two 64k ISDN channels to one 128k connection?
>Some of the "virtual ISP's" will only offer 64k connections in my area
>and I need to be able to offer 128k to customers.  I'm using RadiusNT
>to authenticate and can offer customers two separate accounts with
>different userids but I need to bind them to one.  Thanks for the help.

Its actually called bundling, and it uses Multi-Link PPP, or MP.  If you
only have one Arc, then set Port-Limit in your RADIUS server to 2 and
away you go, if you have more than one Arc that your hunt-group spreads
across, you need to set up NTP and MPIP.  Configuration information for
that is in the HiPer Arc manuals.

You speicifically *don't* want to assign two different userids as that
will end up with two distinct PPP links rather than combining them into
a bundle.  Use the same userid and password on both links, and it should
work.
-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456

-