Subject: (usr-tc) RIP problem after renumbering

From: Mark Thornton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 21:05:58 +0000

We are moving to a new ip address block and this is causing problems with my
cisco router. Specifically, when I specify "network 63.90.208.0" in the
router rip configuration it creates the entry as "network 63.0.0.0" and does
not pick up any of the rip routes from the chassis's I have moved. The
chassis's themselves see the rip routes from the other chassis's in the same
class C, but not the those in the old class C block.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but it eludes me at the moment. Can
anyone help?

Mark Thornton
San Marcos Internet, Inc.
512-393-5300

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Mark Thornton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 21:24:22 +0000

God, I love this list. The mere threat of asking my question on the list
forced the Cisco to wake up and start participating in the rip sessions
after 3 hours of waiting. Your karma must be powerful.

Mark Thornton

----- Original Message -----
From: Mark Thornton <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, February 11, 2000 12:30 PM
Subject: (usr-tc) RIP problem after renumbering

-

---

From: Ted Mecimore <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 01:36:41 +0000

Where or when does the password get encrypted.  When the account is first
entered it is ascii test. Once the user logs in it is encrypted. Is this done
by the radius service or a hidden module in the access database? We are getting
ready to migrate our user accounts to rodopi and I really don't want to have to
retype the passwords. Can they be easily de cypted?

-- 
Ted Mecimore
Operations Manager
Vista Technology

-

---

From: "Jason P." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 16:50:47 +0000

The password can easily be decoded as it is a character substitution method.  Each
character in the S&A password field is converted into a high ASCII representation.
I have a file containing the translation if you would like me to email it to you
off the list.  You should then be able to use that information in some kind of
migration script.

-