Subject: (usr-tc) Netserver FC3

From: Martin Lathoud <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 14:41:28 +0000

Hi,

you advised me to check for chip revision on my Netserver card about the
crash problem. I had a chance to do it this morning, and guess what? It's
a FC3.. Since it seems to be a known problem, will 3Com do something even
without contract support (as far as you know) ?

Thanks,

Martin

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 15:15:46 +0000

Thus spake Martin Lathoud
>without contract support (as far as you know) ?

They have claimed they are still doing hardware support for the
NETServers (which, by law, I believe they have to ;).  So, if your
NETServer is still under warranty, you should be able to get a hardware
fix/replacement.  It won't be an advanced replacement, so you'll either
be down a few lines, or need a spare you can put into service for a
couple of weeks while yours goes back to 3Com and is replaced.

FWIW, I've found 3Com to be quite quick about warranty
repair/replacement...usually a small fraction of the time they tell you
to allow.
-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456

-