Subject: (usr-tc) erickson switch - long distance calls

From: Michael Fingerson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 18:50:41 +0000

Has anyone heard of this problem: On 5 of our 3com TC Chassis's which are 
all on Erickson switches and using D4-AMI, we cannot get connected via a 
long distance call. The local dial-up customers are connecting just fine. 
Using hyperterminal, we get repeating "U"'s on the screen for about 50 
seconds, then the connection drops. If we dial in using a 1010321 (MCI I 
believe), we get a clean connection for about 110 seconds, then that 
connection drops. We had a similar problem occur in a different town, but 
that was on a DMS-10 switch and a telco translator fixed the problem with a 
switch setting.
On the call I make, the disconnect reason is "remote hungup during training 
(80)".
I have talked to our telco (Qwest) and they have checked with translations 
and everything is set up correctly (or so they say).
We had a similar problem with a 3com on a DMS-10 switch and the local telco 
(Citizens) was able to fix the problem that time. It had to do with a 
"answer supervision" setting on the switch.
Help!

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Steve Monkhouse <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 03:17:27 +0000

Ok..

Ive been reading with interest the on-going v.92 discussions over the last
couple of weeks..

One question thats bugging me is..

Everyone is talking about the support for 24port and 96 port DSP....
However what about us non-US people with DSP30port E1's ????

I assume its an oversight that it hasnt been mentioned at all.... ??

Steve Monkhouse
Network Engineer
--------------------------------
EtherTech Computer Services
Ph : +61-3-9768-2665
Fx : +61-3-9768-2664
http://www.ethertech.com.au
--------------------------------

-

---

From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 04:53:38 +0000

Also sprach Steve Monkhouse
>Ive been reading with interest the on-going v.92 discussions over the
>last couple of weeks..

>However what about us non-US people with DSP30port E1's ????

The 30 port E1 cards are, for all intents and purposes, the same beast
as the 24 port T1 cards.  I understand that they run different software
releases, but they're largely the same.  I would assume that if support
for v.92 is in the 24 ports DSPs, it'll be in the 30 port versions as
well.
-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456

-

---

From: Curt Shambeau <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 04:57:40 +0000

> However what about us non-US people with DSP30port E1's ????

Pretty much same card... You can usually assume that anything for the
24-port card is the same for the 30-port one.  I don't ever think I've seen
a code relase for 24-port cards, and not for the 30-port ones.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Curtis V. Shambeau  |  [email-masked] |  Sr Vice President |
|  CoreComm, LTD, formerly Voyager.net and ExecPC - Wisconsin Office    |
|    "Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others"      |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

-

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 21:33:22 +0000

I really don't know anything about Erickson switches, and I don't think
this would even be possible on a nortel or lucent w/o building a separate
trunk group.  But you might check to see what they are sending you for
digits on long distance calls with a T1 test set.  It's possible they are
sending you two strings instead of one, the first (for example) containing
the II and ANI digits, the second containing the DNIS.  If your chassis is
only expecting one string, it's going to cut thru the call while the
switch is waiting for the chassis to wink back the second
string.  Eventually the swicth times out waiting for the second wink back.

-a

>  "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

Aaron Nabil

-