Subject: (usr-tc) Webramp issues?

From: Scott Trautman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 18:16:34 +0000

Hi, We've got a customer with a Webramp analog "router", that has had really
inconsistent connection problems. They can connect, but get no connection
activity, and lots of Lost Carriers.
 
Yep, I looked up in 3Com's knowledgebase, and suggested 2 things, disable
ccpp (I think)-which I did, and also suggested disable PPP offloading.
We use ARC's with the 2.59.6 code and DSP's with the 2.0.60 code. Seemed to
have had a little better luck connecting with 2.0.60 DSP's, but is still
having major problems. Seems like 1 out of every 4 connections stays up.
 
I'm not inclined to disable PPP offloading; we have 5 DSP's in that chassis,
and I'm concerned that I'll drag EVERYONE's performance down.
 
Any other solutions? I'm about ready to take a Netopia dual analog box out
there to replace it. Webramp has been of no help and doesn't seem to think
there's any kind of problem with their equipment. Is this more a DSP problem
or an ARC problem? Would switching to the latest ARC code (we don't use OSPF
yet with ARC's so no problem), or ?
 
I'd rather (of course) not create new problems if I'm only going to solve
one fellow's problem!
 
Thanks!
 
SMT
 
Scott Trautman, President, Global Dialog Internet
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>   http://www.gdinet.com
<http://www.gdinet.com/> 
2810 Crossroads, Suite LL2, Madison WI 53718
608-240-4638/4637fax - Internet Service Provider