Subject: (usr-tc) Still buying USR hardware

From: "Steve Rivera -www.wrca.net" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 23:35:55 +0000

WR Communication Associates (WRCA) is looking to buy the following USR 
hardware:

TWH Quad RS232 NIC Accessory (CABLE that attaches to modem nics)
Netserver PRI's
NMC v90 enabled
Hiper NMC
Hiper ARC
Hiper DSP

Steve Rivera (VP) - w-732.833.2111 x102 /  c-732.433.5890 24Hr 
(www.isp-networkhardware.com)
Email: [email-masked] - Mobile Email: [email-masked]

Worldwide Provider of Network Hardware Since 1981.

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Terry Kennedy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 18:26:18 +0000

Using the new code for the dsp's 2.0.9, anyone have 
any tricks to get the macs modems to negotiate v.90
better, or at all in some cases?I was running 2.0.51
and don't think it was any better with that code. 
Has anyone else just given up trying to solve this one?

-

---

From: Mark Thornton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 18:32:08 +0000

We have a fair number of iMac user who don't experience any problems and a
few others that do. Apple has released a firmware update for the modems in
the iMac,
newer Powerbook G3s, G3 (Blue and White) desktop and G4 machines.

<http://asu.info.apple.com/swupdates.nsf/artnum/n11859>

We are getting ready to test this new release and see if it helps the
problem accounts.

Mark Thornton
San Marcos Internet, Inc.
512-393-5300

----- Original Message -----
From: "Terry Kennedy" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2000 11:16 AM
Subject: (usr-tc) Macs

-

---

From: Terry Kennedy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 19:18:35 +0000

Thanks, I have a customer who's going to let me work him on this. 
Apple tells him that the problem is the ISP and he's backed that up
"I can dial your comp and connect fine" they run lucent gear ( pm3's )
I'll let everyone know if I find out anything.

Terry Kennedy
Olypen, Inc.
-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Mark Thornton
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2000 9:20 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: (usr-tc) Macs

Mark Thornton

----- Original Message -----
From: "Terry Kennedy" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2000 11:16 AM
Subject: (usr-tc) Macs

-

-

---

From: Charles Sprickman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 03:39:10 +0000

> I'll let everyone know if I find out anything.

Same here, support is going to contact some of our problem Mac users and
see what happens...  We get the same story, they only have problems with
the TC gear.  The Mac/Rockwell market must be too small to worry 3Com.  

Oh how I miss USR and the old "connects with everything" days.

Charles

-

---

From: Jonathan Byrne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 04:57:20 +0000

> newer Powerbook G3s, G3 (Blue and White) desktop and G4 machines.

Does anyone know if this also affects Mac users with ISDN?  I've
had some reports that Mac users doing ISDN at some of our POPs
experience failures (often authentication), and it does appear
to be limited to only some users and at some locations, and 
apparently is ISDN-specific.

TIA,

Jonathan Byrne					    Engineering Division
Exodus Communications K.K.                          http://www.exodus.co.jp/
Tel:  +81 3-5334-1700   Fax: +81 3-5334-1702        Direct: +81 3-5334-1756

-

---

From: Terry Kennedy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 17:35:46 +0000

>From one of my customers:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I have the fix needed for the new Apple Internal 56K Modems, and it
works!!! i am connecting with your server at 45333 kps, and it seems
reliable. (so far)

Yesterday (10/17/00), Apple posted the Apple Modem Firmware Updater
version 2.0!! This updater supports the internal modem which came
with the PowerBook G3 Series, iMac, power mac G3 (blue & white), and
the Power Mac G4 (PCI and AGP) computers. This firmware updater
resolves the compatibility problem involving communication with
servers that the original firmware would either fail to connect with
or would only connect to at speed in the V.34 range. Frequently these
servers were listed as supporting V.90 and X2 protocols (as opposed
to V.90 and K56flex). SOUND FAMILIAR??

Would you kindly post this information on your Tech Info page of
OlyPen.com for the new Mac owners to find and advise new Mac
customers of it? To download the firmware updater they need to go to:

http://asu.info.apple.com/swupdates.nsf/artnum/n11859

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Charles Sprickman
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2000 6:35 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: (usr-tc) Macs

Charles

-

-