Subject: (usr-tc) Resource pools

From: Lists <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 06:37:36 +0000

Hi All,

What's the best way to setup a dual PRI card with two different dialup
numbers?

In this case, I have one span on one directory number, and another on
another number.  Each number needs to route to a specific pool of modems.

Seems innocent enough.  I've configured up the PRI card as follows:

Reserved Pool to Inbound Phone Number Mapping

 Pool ID    Inbound Phone Number               Pool Type
 -------    --------------------------         ---------
  1         11111111                           Analog
  2         22222222                           Analog
  3         ?                                  None

(where the appropriate numbers have been substituted)

Modem mappings as follows:

Quad B-Channel Modem/ I-Modem Reserved Pool Assignments

 ID  Slot/ Pool_ID     ID Slot/ Pool_ID   ID  Slot/ Pool_ID  ID  Slot/Pool_ID
     Chan                 Chan                Chan               Chan
  1   1/1   0          17  5/1   1        33   9/1   2       49  13/1   2
  2   1/2   0          18  5/2   1        34   9/2   2       50  13/2   2
  3   1/3   0          19  5/3   1        35   9/3   2       51  13/3   2
  4   1/4   0          20  5/4   1        36   9/4   2       52  13/4   2
  5   2/1   0          21  6/1   1        37  10/1   2       53  14/1   2
  6   2/2   0          22  6/2   1        38  10/2   2       54  14/2   2
  7   2/3   0          23  6/3   1        39  10/3   2       55  14/3   2
  8   2/4   0          24  6/4   1        40  10/4   2       56  14/4   2
  9   3/1   1          25  7/1   1        41  11/1   2       57  15/1   0
 10   3/2   1          26  7/2   1        42  11/2   2       58  15/2   0
 11   3/3   1          27  7/3   1        43  11/3   2       59  15/3   0
 12   3/4   1          28  7/4   1        44  11/4   2       60  15/4   0
 13   4/1   1          29  8/1   2        45  12/1   2       61  16/1   0
 14   4/2   1          30  8/2   2        46  12/2   2       62  16/2   0
 15   4/3   1          31  8/3   2        47  12/3   2       63  16/3   0
 16   4/4   1          32  8/4   2        48  12/4   2       64  16/4   0

When I place a call to the first number, I get (PRI debug):

uccu_get_new_uccb: attach uccb to head of list. tcid: 0x8 ucid: 0x00000008
uccu_get_new_uccb: ALLOC tcid: 0x8 ucid: 0x00000008, allocated = 1, dsl_id=0
sfn:ucc_null,evt:20-SETUP_IND,tcid:0x8,ucid:0x00000008
ucc_setup_in_call: tcid: 0x8, CRV: 22 (0x16)
DNIS nums:4 cl type override nums:0
ucc_setup_in_call: ANI (calling_phnum) >362347174<, len = 9, err = 0x32d84
uccidm_search_DNIS_reserved_pool: len_called_num = 8: stripped inbound
phone >64719200<, len = 8
uccidm_search_DNIS_reserved_pool: local stripped DNIS >64719200<, len = 8
ucc_route_to_DNIS_reserved_pool: activated: reserved pool ID/type: [1/1], DNIS: >64719200<
ds0_res_call_type: dsl: 0, intid: 0, ds0: 8, bct: 73, err: 0 verdict: 1
uccidm_reserve_ds0: SUCCESS: call_type: ANALOG, span=0, ds0=9, in_flag=1
ucc_route_to_DNIS_reserved_pool: no anlg mdm available in pool 1... trying I-mdm
UCCM_BUILD_TODEV_NSF_IE: compand code used = 0 (0=A-law,1=U-law,2=country)
GetDS0SlotMapByte: mdm_id=11 span=0 ds0=9 octet=3 bitmap=0
GetDS0SlotMapByte: mdm_id=11 span=0 ds0=9 octet=2 bitmap=0
GetDS0SlotMapByte: mdm_id=11 span=0 ds0=9 octet=1 bitmap=1
GetDS0SlotMapByte: mdm_id=11 span=0 ds0=9 octet=0 bitmap=0
ucc_route_to_DNIS_reserved_pool,send usr_X_setup_con_req to dev
ucc_route_to_DNIS_reserved_pool:tcid:0x8,ucid:0x00000008,sp:0,b:9,tts:3,dt:4,s/c:3/4,hdl:3
<PH_ERROR> ph_frame__post_xmit: datagram: frame t/p: 8/0030:001e48ec,
status >0x04<
NOTE:uccpbus_disconnected func called, hdl:3,status:155
NOTE:uccpbus_closed_cb func called, hdl:3,status:0
NOTE:uccpbus_opened_cb func called, hdl:3,status:0

As best I can tell, it's getting the DNIS OK, and mapping it to the right
pool, but just not finding any modems in the pool.

The modems are defined to the PRI as Quad-I-modems, and are active in the
NETserver.  All modems are set for PRItdm as the interface type.

This chassis has two NETservers - one for each dialup number.

PRI card is at 3.1.5, Netserver at 3.8.1.

This must be simple, surely?  I'm obviously missing something - anyone
know what?

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.