Subject: Re: (usr-tc) Need Config Help, TC NetServer w/ Quads

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 19:26:36 +0000

With tcm manager you tell the modem whether it should be on a pri, t1 or nic 
card for analog modems.  I am not sure how this is done from the command 
prompt. I would put the console cable on the nmc and see if you can get to the 
switch setting from there.  It is probably set for nic so the t1 card thinks
it is unavailable.
eric

At 10:51 AM 3/26/01 -0600, Curt Shambeau wrote:
>
>It's been a long time since I played on a Netserver, but a couple things
>come to mind.
>
>First off, have you tried a different chassis?  It could be a problem with
>the backplane on the thing.
>
>Also, as I remember, you have to tell the netserver which slot the modems
>start in, or they default to slot 1, which is the T1 card.
>
>That's all that pops into my head... Hope it helps.
>
>-----------------
>
>> OK, I'm stumped on something, and I'm hoping it's something really stupid
>> and simple that I overlooked.  Unfortunately, I can't quite seem to find
>> what it is that I overlooked.
>>
>> I've got a used TC Chassis, loaded with v.34 Quad Modem Cards, a dual T1
>> NIC, NetServer, and NMC.
>>
>> When configuring the modem-DS0 assignments in the T1 NIC, I get this for
>> status after doing an "N: 1-48 to 1-48":
>>
>> T1 Span Line 1 DS0/Modem Status
>>
>>
>>   DS0 DS0          Modem        Slot/   DS0 DS0          Modem        SLOT/
>>       Status       Status       Chan        Status       Status       chan
>>
>>   1   IDLE         UNAVAIL      2\1     13  IDLE         IDLE         5\1
>>   2   IDLE         UNAVAIL      2\2     14  IDLE         IDLE         5\2
>>   3   IDLE         UNAVAIL      2\3     15  IDLE         IDLE         5\3
>>   4   IDLE         UNAVAIL      2\4     16  IDLE         IDLE         5\4
>>   5   IDLE         IDLE         3\1     17  IDLE         UNAVAIL      6\1
>>   6   IDLE         IDLE         3\2     18  IDLE         UNAVAIL      6\2
>>   7   IDLE         IDLE         3\3     19  IDLE         UNAVAIL      6\3
>>   8   IDLE         IDLE         3\4     20  IDLE         UNAVAIL      6\4
>>   9   IDLE         IDLE         4\1     21  IDLE         IDLE         7\1
>>   10  IDLE         IDLE         4\2     22  IDLE         IDLE         7\2
>>   11  IDLE         IDLE         4\3     23  IDLE         IDLE         7\3
>>   12  IDLE         IDLE         4\4     24  IDLE         IDLE         7\4
>>
>> I have a quad modem cards in slots 2 and 6, but no matter what, they show
>> up unavailable.  I am guessing that configuration in the NetServer can
>> affect this, but all modems are "on" as far as I can tell.
>>
>> Also, how does one get ahold of updated firmware for the v.34 modems, NMC,
>> NIC, and NetServer cards and also the Total Control Manager software from
>> Commworks?  I'm guessing via "service contract" may be my only hope, which
>> from what I read is potentially a mammoth joke.  Worth
>> it?  Advice?  (NAC/NIC running 3.2.0, NetServer running 3.2.27, and NMC
>> running 4.1.3)
>>
>> I bought this beast used w/o software, and I'm guessing the TCM interface
>> may be a little more user friendly, and maybe show me the error of my
>> ways.  Don't get me wrong, I'm no stranger to CLI's, just that I don't
>> particularly care for USR's CLI on the total control!
>>
>> I'm hoping I'll be happy with this thing once I have it running, otherwise
>> I have a very large and heavy door stop.
>>
>> Thanks for any and all help in advance.
>>
>>
>> Brad
>>
>>
>> -
>>  To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
>>  with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
>>  For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
>>  "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.
>>
>
>-------------------------------------------------------------------------
>| Curtis V. Shambeau  |  [email-masked] |  Sr Vice President |
>|  CoreComm, LTD, formerly Voyager.net and ExecPC - Wisconsin Office    |
>|    "Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others"      |
>-------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
>-
> To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
> with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
> For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
> "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.
>

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.