Subject: [USR-TC] Anyone using the May release of v.92?

From: WayneG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 12:40:23 +0000

Is anyone using the May release of v.92 code??

Thank you,
    -Wayne.

Wayne Griswold
Network Administrator
U.P.Log-On Internet
Computer Connection U.P.
500 N. Stephenson Ave
Iron Mountain, MI  49801
(906) 774-4847
(906) 774-0335 (fax)
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 15:04:16 +0000

I suddenly cannot telnet into my ARCs; the connection just drops. 
Luckily, I have a backdoor into the console port and watched the 
telnet fail. This is the error message I get:

arc2> At 15:00:10, Facility "Telnet", Level "CRITICAL":: CLI process 
could not be spawned. (ES_PROC_FAILURE) (proc_status : ES_NO_DYNMEM)

Anyone have a clue? Thanks...

-- 

*********************************************************
Michelle M. Mogil, Info Tech Engineer
Systems and Operations, Cornell Information Technologies
735 Rhodes Hall, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853
vox: (607) 255-0516, fax: (607) 255-8521
email: [email-masked]
**********************************************

---

From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 09:35:06 +0000

Also sprach [email-masked]
>Luckily, I have a backdoor into the console port and watched the telnet
>fail. This is the error message I get:

>Anyone have a clue? Thanks...

Probably low on memory and needs a reboot...I see this periodically on a
few of mine.
-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456

---

From: Mike Greene <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 15:48:51 +0000

>Probably low on memory and needs a reboot...I see this periodically on a

I got this same error on one of my Arcs running 5.2.9, never happens with 
4.2.32....

- Mike

------------------------------------------------
Rock Island Communications, Inc.  (360)-378-5884
http://www.rockisland.com/  San Juan Islands, WA
------------------------------------------------

---

From: Jim Greene <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 15:48:57 +0000

Wayne,
    Do you have any more details on this May release?  From what I can find
there is none.  The last official release was some time ago...
JG

----- Original Message -----
From: "WayneG" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, May 24, 2002 9:39 AM
Subject: [USR-TC] Anyone using the May release of v.92?

> _______________________________________________
> USR-TC mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/usr-tc
>

---

From: WayneG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 20:14:20 +0000

Hmm, looks like I was mistaken.  Was there ever a working interim
release after the initial 4.5 release?  Or has 3Com given up on v.92
development?

    -Wayne

---

From: Justin Kendall <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 14:54:06 +0000

The only update I've used since 4.5 is 3.5.100 for DSP and it's working like
a charm so far.
Took a lot of tweaking but we're using it on 45 cards now with almost no
trouble.

Justin Kendall
Network Administrator
NetEase, Inc.
Santa Rosa, CA
[email-masked]

---

From: "Stephen Rivera - WRCA.Net" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 21:28:28 +0000

3Com was in Baltimore, MD this past week for a trade show. They were fine 
with their current position with v92. They were also hyping the VOIP 
gateways, new revenue and that stuff. Also saw the NEW TCM that really does 
blow away the current version. It will cover Cisco, Livingston, Ascend and 
some other products too. Looks impressive but pricey.

I also realized that CommWorks is very aware of WRCA.Net and our presents 
in the ISP, ILEC, CLEC - Total Control markets. Thats was good to know but 
at the same time I tried to show that I am not the enemy. If I could get my 
certification training then I could support the NEW installs, but no one 
ever wants to help the little guy :) EXCUSES: Not enough people signing up 
for course...not schedule yet.... yeah, yeah....No wonder you guys are only 
able to work NEW with 3 distributors. I wont quit til I'm the 4th :)

I will say that Tom Goodman. CommWorks..Top Shelf Guy. Knowing who I was he 
was cool and informative on the product for me.THANKS TOM. Check out of 
some of the new platform features coming.

And for those of you who responded to my post a couple weeks back on the 
DSP cards in qty. Get in touch with me its coming to a head. Pricing will 
be according to quantity purchased but the prices will be aggressive no 
matter how you buy.

Thanks to all of you who have supported my efforts to service your Total 
Control hardware needs. For those who haven't give us a try.

Have a  GREAT and SAFE Holiday Weekend.

Steve Rivera    732-833-2111 x102
IM: srivera711  732-833-2115 fax
for more product info got www.wrca.net
Jackson, NJ 08527 (USA)