Subject: (usr-tc) Software recommendations

From: Charles Sprickman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 18:10:45 +0000

Hi,

I'm long overdue for an upgrade on a large number of chassis, and while
I've been following the list, I've had a hard time coming up with what is
a good, stable version of code to be running everywhere...

I have HAs, HDSPs, and Quads in these chassis.  I would like OSPF (took
the time to learn more about it than RIP), but it's not a necessity.  We
currently have horrid problems with disconnects on most all modems, iMac
troubles (although Mindspring does too; only really occurred for me when
the connection was above 46.6K), and really BAD Global Village (blech,
barf, erk) problems.

We've not seen the "two modems hung" problem.

So what's the recommended, stable code you folks are using?

What is the rule with mixing DSP and ARC code?  Can I run a newer DSP code
(2.x) w/older ARC code (4.1)?

Thanks,

Charles

-- 
=-----------------=                                        = 
| Charles Sprickman                       Internet Channel |
| INCH System Administration Team         (212)243-5200    |
| [email-masked]                          [email-masked]  |
=                                         =----------------=

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.