Subject: (usr-tc) TCM software

From: Steve Cobb <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 00:40:01 +0000

I was just now able to get the TCM software from usr's site.  I wasn't able to get my contract number!!  Anyway, I have been told that there is an add-on that will let me look at each DSP card and tell what modems are being used and who is the user.  Anyone know what the name of this add-on is?  Is there any other cool add-ons I can get?  Also, can anyone tell me what SNMP traps to enable in TCM so that I can use MRTG to graph modem usage?

Thanks for all your help,

--
Steve Cobb
Computer Geeks
[email-masked]
www.computer-geeks.com
*****************************
Want faster internet service?
www.geeksnet.com
--

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Mike Andrews <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 07:51:42 +0000

You don't need traps enabled to graph modem usage with MRTG.  Go to
http://www.dcr.net/~mandrews/usrtoys -- you'll find sample MRTG configs
there.

Don't know about an addon for TCM to show you who's online -- that's
more HARM's job.  TCM works with the management card (NMC), and that info
is on the ARC...  which is what HARM works with.

Mike Andrews (MA12) * [email-masked] * http://www.bit0.com/
VP, sysadmin, & network guy, Digital Crescent Inc, Frankfort KY
Internet services for Frankfort, Lawrenceburg, Owenton, Shelbyville
"Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things."

On Thu, 17 Feb 2000, Steve Cobb wrote:

> I was just now able to get the TCM software from usr's site.  I wasn't
> able to get my contract number!!  Anyway, I have been told that there
> is an add-on that will let me look at each DSP card and tell what
> modems are being used and who is the user.  Anyone know what the name
> of this add-on is?  Is there any other cool add-ons I can get?  Also,
> can anyone tell me what SNMP traps to enable in TCM so that I can use
> MRTG to graph modem usage?

-