Subject: Re: (usr-tc) static to dynamic

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 06:11:10 +0000

You wrote:

> From: D A Substanley <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 12:33:12 +0900
> Subject: Re: (usr-tc) static to dynamic
> 
> 
> Enable nmc chassis awareness
> 
> das

Didn't work for me.

David

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 06:45:32 +0000

You wrote:

> Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 13:32:38 +0900
> Whoops, I meant enable nmc dynamic_slot_assignment
> 
I tried that also, but a li chas still shows slot 2-13 as type STATIC

David

-

---

From: D A Substanley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 07:27:08 +0000

Interesting... I was able to do it the first time:
Test Two>>li chassIS 
Slot    Owner        Description                      Ports   Type    Console
1       YES          --EMPTY--                        0       STATIC  NO  
2       YES          --EMPTY--                        0       STATIC  NO  
3       YES          --EMPTY--                        0       STATIC  NO  
4       YES          --EMPTY--                        0       STATIC  NO  
5       YES          --EMPTY--                        0       STATIC  NO  
6       YES          --EMPTY--                        0       STATIC  NO  
7       YES          --EMPTY--                        0       STATIC  NO  
8       YES          --EMPTY--                        0       STATIC  NO  
9       YES          --EMPTY--                        0       STATIC  NO  
10      YES          --EMPTY--                        0       STATIC  NO  
11      YES          --EMPTY--                        0       STATIC  NO  
12      YES          --EMPTY--                        0       STATIC  NO  
13      NO           --EMPTY--                        0       STATIC  NO  
14      NO           --EMPTY--                        0       STATIC  NO  
15      NO           --EMPTY--                        0       STATIC  NO  
16      NO           --EMPTY--                        0       STATIC  NO  
Test Two>>enable nmc dynAMIC_SLOT_ASSIGNMENT 
Test Two>>li chassis
Slot    Owner        Description                      Ports   Type    Console
1       YES          24 Channel High Density Modem    23      DYNAMIC YES 
2       YES          24 Channel High Density Modem    23      DYNAMIC YES 
3       YES          24 Channel High Density Modem    23      DYNAMIC YES 
4       YES          24 Channel High Density Modem    23      DYNAMIC YES 
5       YES          24 Channel High Density Modem    23      DYNAMIC YES 
6       YES          24 Channel High Density Modem    23      DYNAMIC YES 
7       YES          24 Channel High Density Modem    23      DYNAMIC YES 
8       YES          24 Channel High Density Modem    23      DYNAMIC YES 
9       YES          24 Channel High Density Modem    23      DYNAMIC YES 
10      YES          24 Channel High Density Modem    23      DYNAMIC YES 
11      YES          24 Channel High Density Modem    23      DYNAMIC YES 
12      YES          24 Channel High Density Modem    23      DYNAMIC YES 
13      NO           --EMPTY--                        0       STATIC  NO  
14      NO           --EMPTY--                        0       STATIC  NO  
15      NO           HiPer Access Router NAC          0       DYNAMIC NO  
16      NO           HiPer Access Router NAC          0       DYNAMIC NO  

But I can't do it again.

das

-- 
______________________________________________
Alex Substanley     Exodus Communications K.K.
  		    Engineering Department
Das Man             TEL: 81-3-5334-1700
Systems Engineer    FAX: 81-3-5334-1711
______________________________________________

-