Subject: (usr-tc) NOTICE: HiperDSP Hardware revision 0.55.0

From: David Bachta <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 00:30:27 +0000

All,

Chuck tried to sent this to the list on Friday but I don't think it was ever
posted... or maybe I just missed it.  If it did make it across and I missed it,
I apologize for the repost.

Regards,
David

---------------------- Forwarded by Chuck Stace/MW/US/3Com on 12/20/99 02:30 PM
---------------------------

Chuck Stace/MW/US/3Com
12/17/99 04:16 PM

Sent by:  Chuck Stace  -  Project Manager, CSPP CSO Availability Services

To:   [email-masked]@3COM-MWGATE
cc:
Subject:  NOTICE: HiperDSP Hardware revision 0.55.0

Dear 3Com Customers,

We have had reports of HiPer DSP failures similar to those reported today within
this mailing list. We would like to inform you that we have done an
investigation of this issue and will be providing a software resolution. We will
be completing testing of software version 2.0.51 this weekend and hope to make
it available early next week. The issue is a timing problem that manifests
itself under circumstances that are present in the 0.55.0 version of hardware.
HiPer DSP v2.0.51 provides resolution to this issue. The mention of software in
a previous message was a version of code that was provided to a limited customer
base for concurrent testing.

If there are any questions or concerns regarding this announcement, please
contact 3Com Technical Support toll-free at 1-800-231-8770.  If you are calling
from an area not handled by this number, the TotalService website has contact
information for other countries and regions.  Please go to the TotalService
website (http://totalservice.3com.com/) and click on 'Contacting Tech Support'
for more information.

Chuck Stace
Customer Service Product Planning
[email-masked]

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.