Subject: (usr-tc) Multiple temp. sensors on newer chassis

From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 23:09:47 +0000

OK...was talking with George Ebert down at ISPCon...

The newer style chassis with the integrated fan trays apparently have
multiple temperature sensors...obviously, they have the one on the NMC
that has been there from the beginning, but apparently, the midplane
also has 3 temperature sensors spread across it that the NMC is supposed
to be able to access.  I don't know how to get access to the readings
from them though.

I'm quite familiar with the nmcStatTemperature OID, as that's the OID
that gives you the temperature as measured by the sensor on the NMC.  I
can't find any information on getting the values from the other 3
though.

Anyone have thoughts on this?
-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.