Subject: [USR-TC] problem in two simultaneous login(Winnt/2k/9x)

From: pankaj <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 12:30:56 +0000

HI,

If one user( test ), First logon through windows2000/NT , and than
same
user tries to login through win9x He is not able to login ( on the
same TC1000 )

If user test first login through win9x and than through win2k/NT than
he is able to login on both win2k/nt/9x (on the same TC1000 ).

What should be the problem ??

Thanks
pankaj

---

From: V <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 14:23:14 +0000

Layer 8 ?

Not really sure what you mean here, is this something consistent? meaning if
the user logs on using windows 2000, then he cannot logon afterwards with
win 98/95 unless you reboot the ARC?

-V
----- Original Message -----
From: "pankaj" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sunday, July 28, 2002 7:24 AM
Subject: [USR-TC] problem in two simultaneous login(Winnt/2k/9x)

> _______________________________________________
> USR-TC mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/usr-tc

---

From: pankaj <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 05:40:28 +0000

< V wrote >
> Layer 8 ?

Dont know !!!

> Not really sure what you mean here, is this something consistent?

Yes its consistent. I mean to say if once user logs on from winnt/2k
and keeping that session continue ,if user try for second login from
win9x than he is not able to login from 9x(same username and same
chassis)
if second login trys on another chassis than no prob.
If user logout from win2k and try from win9x than also no prob.
If first logon from win9x keeping it continue and second from win2k/nt
than also no prob

-pankaj

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 13:45:38 +0000

> win9x than he is not able to login from 9x(same username and same
Two things here, if a user say UserA is logged on to a chassis using
win2k, then the same user UserA trying to logon to the same chassis is
a problem - which typically indicates that you have some MPIP issue.  This
requires us to know how your chassis is setup and what is the radius
configuration for the same user.

Technically this problem should be the same with win9x.

The other problem could be that you have a UserA when he uses winnt or
win2k no other user is able to logon to the chassis which could be how
your default user or your radius setting on the user is configured, you
could have the user set to send default routes that would cause the
problem.

> If first logon from win9x keeping it continue and second from win2k/nt

I would need to know how your user is configured, if its local or
non-local and also understand the routing aspects of the user.

-V