Subject: [USR-TC] proxy accounting info from 3com/NT to a Cistron/Linux server

From: Graham Van Epps <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 14:20:11 +0000

Hello list!

  I have a 3com Total Control Hub as my NAS which authenticates some users
 from an NT server running 3com Security Accounting Server.  This server
 proxyies a certain realm called 'foo' to a Linux server running Cistron
 RADIUS.  So normal users who dial in with just their usernames are
 authenticated by NT, while users@foo are authenticated by Linux/Cistron
 RADIUS.

  In order to limit multiple logins for users of the foo realm, the Cistron
 server needs to have accounting information proxied to it from the NT
 server.  I made sure to put the IP and secret of the Linux server under the
 'RADIUS clients' tab of the 3com SAS Database manager program.  Also in the
 'advanced features' button, i configured the 'RADIUS Proxy and Tunnel
 Domains' with the realm name, the auth IP and port, and the acct IP and
 port.  do i need a tunnel name?

  i did all this and ran a sniffer between the NT and the Linux machines.
 Plenty of traffic on port 1645 (RADIUS Auth) but none on 1646 (RADIUS
Acct).

  Has anyone sucessfully done what i am trying to do?
 Any suggestions would be welcomed.
 Thanks list!

 --g