Subject: Re[2]: (usr-tc) v.92 for quads update

From: Lance Eves <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 16:21:56 +0000

Hi Craig,

I do agree that support is desired for the Quads, but are people willing to
pay for the support on the older equipment?  If I was in need of support for
the Quads, I would.  If the Quads are migrating to third world areas (or at
least as far as technology is concerned) is there much benefit in V.92 for
them?  If digital is like magic to them, is V.92 even going to be an issue?
All that I'm saying is that the Quads have their uses, but I don't expect
the latest and greatest ideas to be an option for them.

Lance

-----Original Message-----
From: Craig [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2001 11:44 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re[2]: (usr-tc) v.92 for quads update

Hello Lance,

Saturday, April 14, 2001, 8:44:12 PM, you wrote:

I tried to post this to the list but was unable if you want to pass it on
to the list i would appreciate it!!

The Facts is support is needed for quads (in some manner) no matter what
codes is out
there!! We all don't have a customer base in the thousands or in
economically strong geographic area's! Most of
the Quads are migrating to Eastern Europe and other far off places in the
world for small start up Isp's, Due to the fact that they have become
cost effective and there chipsets are very staple and compatible with older
phone systems. And where technology advancement is more
feared that welcome due to the high cost related to it!  Case in point I
am a backer ($$) of two small Isp that are in the CIS, the phone company yet
today even
after assistance from me with upgrading can not yet run E1 nor any other
protocol that the dsp require. ( where digital telephones line are
like idea from an Jules Verne novel) Off hand to make this point more of a
finical one to 3com. I can probably direct you to 20,000 ports that
are in the same situation as me! So I guess my point being there is
plenty of people requiring support for quads and 3com is just screwing
themselves out of half worlds up and comming the low end Isp market!

Thank You Craig

--
Thanks,
Craig
mailto:[email-masked]

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 01:38:06 +0000

Also sprach Lance Eves
>I do agree that support is desired for the Quads, but are people
>willing to pay for the support on the older equipment?

What do you think we've all be yelling about for the past 3 years?  We
want to *pay* 3Com/CommWorks for support on our equipment, but they
essentially are refusing our money.

-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456

-