Subject: (usr-tc) IP Logging / Telnet Password

From: Greg Long <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2000 00:05:31 +0000

Can anyone tell me if there is a configuration option to turn on or off
logging of IP addresses within the USR Total Control Enterprise Hub?  Do I
have to Telnet in to do it?  Is there a way to determine IP addresses from
Port ID's?

Also is there a way to recover or reset the Telnet password to a USR Total
Control Enterprise Hub.  I haven't had access to it before and I can't find
the password, nor does anyone recall what it was.

Thanks,
Greg Long
Technical Support
Coastlink
801-532-6212 ext 32
[email-masked]
http://www.coastlink.com

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2000 03:13:23 +0000

Also sprach Greg Long
>logging of IP addresses within the USR Total Control Enterprise Hub?

What do you mean by logging of IP addresses?  At what point?  On what
type of connections?  If you're talking about dial-in, RADIUS should log
the IP address assigned in the RADIUS accounting message.

>Do I have to Telnet in to do it?  

If you're looking for the IP address of a dial-in user, it would be in
your RADIUS server.

>Is there a way to determine IP addresses from Port ID's?

Again, RADIUS, or you could use SNMP probably to query the Arc and find
out what IP address is associated with the port number.  I don't know
what OID you would grab off the top of my head, but it shouldn't be hard
to find.

>Also is there a way to recover or reset the Telnet password to a USR
>Total Control Enterprise Hub.  I haven't had access to it before and I
>can't find the password, nor does anyone recall what it was.

I assume you're talking about Arc at this point.  Worst case, if you
have console access, you can delete the whole config of the Arc during
the boot menu...option 13 I seem to remember, but don't quote that as
gospel...you also might just try to see what sort of access you get at
the console...default is to not require a userid and password on the
console, so if you plug into the console you might be able to get full
access without a userid and password.  If they've turned on login on the
console though you'll need to fall back to other methods.
-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456

-