Subject: RE: (usr-tc) Data over voice ISDN calls

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 19:17:23 +0000

Thanks Jeff...I'll research it some more. In the meantime, anyone else using
this implementation for doing ISDN DOV calls?

Rick
Rick Louizos
Solunet Soluserve TAC Manager
1571 Robert J. Conlan Blvd. suite 110 
Palm Bay, Fl. 32905
Phone Numbers:
Phone: (888)449-5766 / Fax: (407)676-0809
Internet Addresses:
mailto:[email-masked] / http://www.solunet.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Mcadams [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2001 11:57 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: (usr-tc) Data over voice ISDN calls

Also sprach [email-masked]
>Anyone out there in TC-HUB land know if the TC-HUB supports Data over
>Voice ISDN calls? I understand the Lucent Portmaster 3 does, and the
>Ascend Max does, but in trying to fork-lift some Portmasters out of one
>of my customers network, and introduce the TC-HUB, we have discovered
>that this feature does not work by default, and can not find any
>documentation to help enable it.  Anyone know if the TC-HUB supports
>this feature and what needs to be done to get it accepting these types
>of calls?

If I remember correctly, yes, it does support it, but not seamlessly.

PM's and Max'es will auto-detect whether the call is voice, data, or
data over voice.  The TC's, if I understand it correctly, could only do
data over voice if its told to do it by called number id or something
like that.

Basically, you can tell it to do data over voice by assigning a new
phone number to your hunt and using that number for a data over voice
number.  Then when calls come in to that number, the TC will answer with
data over voice.

I have never done data over voice, but that's how it was described to me
back in the day (its been a couple of years since this topic came up I
believe)
-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.