Subject: (usr-tc) NOTICE: HiPer DSP Service Release 2.0.51 for hardware version 0 .55.0 (posting complete)

From: Chuck Stace <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 00:01:53 +0000

3Com Customers,

3Com would like to announce the release of HiPerDSP Service Release v2.0.51 on
the TotalService website at:

        http://totalservice.3com.com/cgi-bin/w3com/start?totalservice+latest
                   ( posted under Total Control Hubs )
                  or
        http://totalservice.3com.com/cgi-bin/w3com/start?totalservice+software
                   ( search by Total Control Hubs : HiPer DSP)

This Service Release provides fixes for the issues found with HiPer DSP hardware
version 0.55.0. For more details on what issues are addressed with this Service
Release, please reference the note below from 3Com Product Management and also
the release notes found on TotalService.

This code does not require a service contract to download, and will be free for
download until the end of January 2000. (Jan. 31, 2000).

If there are any questions or concerns regarding this Service Release, please
contact 3Com Technical Support toll-free at 1-800-231-8770.  If you are calling
from an area not handled by this number, the TotalService website has contact
information for other countries and regions. Please go to the TotalService
website and click on 'Contacting Tech Support' for more information.

Thank you and Happy Holidays,

Chuck Stace
CSO Customer Service Product Planning
[email-masked]

-------

Dear 3Com Customer,

3Com would like to provide you with a status update regarding the recent HiPer
DSP issues. Previous communication had identified three failures that had been
reported against the HiPer DSP. We noted that we had done some investigation and
felt that the three failures were a result of a single root cause. We had also
outlined a plan that included two means of addressing this problem; 1.) We were
in the testing phase of a software fix and 2.) We were working to identify
hardware rework where necessary.

At this time, we are pleased to announce that the testing of the software fix
has been proven to address the issues. In addition it was confirmed that as
expected the three failures were a result of a single root cause. We have
completed ITG regression testing and STG network model testing with the new code
and have not encountered any issues. Therefore, we are recommending the software
fix to all of our customers that may have been affected by this issue. The
software fix had been made available to a controlled customer base for testing
and all of the feedback has been positive. Moving forward, the CSO team will
support customers in their efforts to acquire this code.  The CSO team has
posted this release on the Total Service Web site as a Service Release.

This code fix will provide our customers with the most expedient means of
addressing this problem. The software will prevent the need of the customer to
visually inspect all suspect boards and will prevent the time required for the
hardware rework process.

We thank you for your patience as we provide resolution to this issue.

Best Regards,
Amit Tiwari / Mike Shomaker
3Com Carrier Product Management

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.