Subject: Re: [USR-TC] Gee, wouldn't it be nice to talk to a human at Commworks regardin g a repair

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 19:05:35 +0000

Scott,

Humans cost money, even the ones that answer the phones.  Repair work is
requested via the Web.

Go the Web site stated on the call you made.

http://totalservice.3com.com/      Click on Warrantee/Repair

http://carrier.cso.mw.3com.com/warranty/warranty.cfm    Click on the word here

http://carrier.cso.mw.3com.com/warranty/warranty_request.cfm      Click on the word here

You will see:
In order to request warranty or repair service, you must have a current TOTALService account. If you have a
 TOTALService account, please login now. If you do not have a TOTALService account, please click here to create
 one. There is no charge to create a TOTALService account.

Note No Charge to create an Account.

http://carrier.cso.mw.3com.com/warranty/warranty_register.cfm     Fill out the form

In the comments section you can ask for the cost of out of Warrantee work on your issue.

Thanks,

Tom Goodman

Scott Trautman <[email-masked]>@mailman.xmission.com on 11/19/2001
12:43:54 PM

Sent by:  [email-masked]

To:   [email-masked]
cc:
Subject:  [USR-TC] Gee, wouldn't it be nice to talk to a human at Commworks
      regardin g a repair

All I freaking need is to call and setup an RMA for a power back plate for
a
70a integrated fan tray chassis, which I know is well out of warranty, I'm
willing to pay to repair, but there is a 0% chance I'm going to pay $2000
for a "support contract" to fix it.

But, without any kind of support contract, there is NO WAY to navigate
their
voice system.

Maybe I'll call and say I want to BUY something; you can be sure I'll be
talking to a human in no time, won't I?

And they wonder why things go as badly as they do, complete lack of any
common sense.

SO, DOES anyone know where to call for this should-be-simple task?

SMT

Scott M. Trautman
Global Dialog Internet            608-240-4638,4637fax
2810 Crossroads, STE LL2    [email-masked]
Madison WI 53718              http://www.gdinet.com <http://www.gdinet.com/

All I freaking need is to call and setup an  RMA for a power back plate for
a 70a integrated fan tray chassis, which I  know is well out of warranty,
I'm willing to pay to repair, but there is a  0% chance I'm going to pay
$2000 for a "support contract" to fix  it.

But, without any kind of support contract, there is NO WAY to navigate
their voice system.

Maybe I'll call and say I want to BUY  something; you can be sure I'll be
talking to a human in no time, won't  I?

And they wonder why things go as badly as  they do, complete lack of any
common sense.

SO, DOES anyone know where to call for this  should-be-simple task?

SMT

Scott M. Trautman
Global Dialog  Internet             608-240-4638,4637fax
2810 Crossroads, STE  LL2    [email-masked]
Madison  WI  53718               http://www.gdinet.com

(See attached file: Blank Bkgrd.gif)

---

From: "Chris A. Kalin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 20:06:26 +0000

Thank you, this will hopefully prove helpful.

Chris Kalin

----- Original Message -----
From: <[email-masked]>
To: "Scott Trautman" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2001 01:05 PM
Subject: Re: [USR-TC] Gee, wouldn't it be nice to talk to a human at
Commworks regardin g a repair

Scott,

http://carrier.cso.mw.3com.com/warranty/warranty.cfm    Click on the word
here

http://carrier.cso.mw.3com.com/warranty/warranty_request.cfm      Click on
the word here

You will see:
In order to request warranty or repair service, you must have a current
TOTALService account. If you have a
 TOTALService account, please login now. If you do not have a TOTALService
account, please click here to create
 one. There is no charge to create a TOTALService account.

http://carrier.cso.mw.3com.com/warranty/warranty_register.cfm     Fill out
the form

In the comments section you can ask for the cost of out of Warrantee work on
your issue.

Thanks,

Tom Goodman

To:   [email-masked]
cc:

SMT

Scott M. Trautman

SMT

Scott M. Trautman

---

From: Patrick Wolf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 21:33:06 +0000

That's a pretty pissy thing to say.  I run a very small business: 3 people.  
And one of the most important functions is to NOT have a machine answer the 
phone if at all possible.  I personally hate the advent of the voice messaging 
systems that have proliferated in recent times.  There are some uses for it; 
for example my phone banking for checking account balances and such.  But some 
areas like customer service just should have a human answering the phone.

Quoting [email-masked]:

>  TOTALService account, please login now. If you do not have a
> TOTALService account, please click here to create
> <http://www.gdinet.com/

-----------------------------------------------
Patrick C. Wolf        SDC Internet
[email-masked]          722 N California Suite 4
(505) 838-1620         Socorro, NM  87801

-------------------------------------------------
This mail sent through IMP: imp.sdc.org