Subject: (usr-tc) Upgrading DSPs

From: K Mitchell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 19:31:51 +0000

Finally got my new DSP problems straightened out for the most part.
Original card was bad, swapped with a replacement. Everything appears to be
fine except I can't get the type from STATIC to DYNAMIC, seems to be
working ok though so I'm not sure what difference it makes.
  On to my main point, I'm currently running 1.2.60 on all cards and
4.1.59-6 ARC code. On the DSPs, should I go with 1.2.37 or move up to
2.0.81? Any problems with either? Same question on the ARC, is 4.2.31-1
worth bumping up to?

Thanks,
Kirk

-- 
Kirk Mitchell-General Manager        [email-masked]
Keystone Connect                     Unlock Your World
Altoona, PA   814-941-5000      http://www.keyconn.net

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Mike Andrews <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 22:46:45 +0000

2.0.81 works pretty well for everything but Rockwell HCF's.  Still major
problems with that combo...  though most of it is really on the Rockwell
end, and upgrading to the newest Rockwell HCF drivers takes care of it
completely 99% of the time.

Mike Andrews (MA12) -=-=-  VP & Sysadmin, Digital Crescent, Frankfort KY
[email-masked]  -=--=-  [email-masked]  -=--=-  http://www.bit0.com
"If you're not part of the solution.... you're part of the precipitate."

-