Subject: [USR-TC] Re: MRTG

From: Ralph Forsythe <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 19:37:06 +0000

Ok, something isn't right here.  I can't use the HiPerARC MIB info as it's 
completely different, however I found something which reads the NETserver - 
or does it?  This is what I have in the config:

# TotalControl Connected Users in Netserver Card (using Quad modens and 
dual pri)
#
Target[TCNetserver]: 1.3.6.1.2.1.2.1.0&1.3.6.1.2.1.2.1.0:<comm>@x.x.x.x - 1
# MaxBytes is number of modems.  Will go by total in cards, so 2 would mean 
4, 4 = 4, etc.
# Set to 8 for 2 ana cards.
MaxBytes[TCNetserver]: 8
Title[TCNetserver]: Connected Users - PPP-CHAS-DEN-01
ShortLegend[TCNetserver]: Users
Unscaled[TCNetserver]: ymwd
YLegend[TCNetserver]: Users
Legend1[TCNetserver]: Users
Legend2[TCNetserver]: Users
Legend3[TCNetserver]: Users
Legend4[TCNetserver]: Users
LegendI[TCNetserver]: &nbsp;Digital Connections&nbsp;
LegendO[TCNetserver]: &nbsp;Analog Connections&nbsp;
Options[TCNetserver]: gauge
PageTop[TCNetserver]:
       <font face="Verdana">
  <H2>Number of Connected Users - PPP-CHAS-DEN-01</H2>

What's happening is it counts the sitting login at port 0 (console port), 
hence the -1 at the end of the IP.  However, I have tried logging in with 
both local usernames and RADIUS auth, and it never counts these users.  I'm 
sure I just have something screwy here - it's reading the basic SNMP from 
the card ok so I know that's right, it just doesn't seem to be able to 
count ports for some reason.  I don't know if this is because it's trying 
to count cards in the T1 interface or not - I am using 2 quad analog cards 
at the moment, as I don't have enough volume yet to justify a T1.  However 
the MRTG screen has to plotted values, one for digital connections and one 
for analog, so I would think it knows what's going on.

Help, please!

Thanks,
- Ralph