Subject: (usr-tc) New to list with 3 questions

From: mark ross <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 05:34:25 +0000

Hi,
Does anyone know if there is any difference between the "old style" and
the "new style, with intergrated fan tray" TC 1000 chassis ?

Also One of my Netserver cards reports "enhanced packet bus" when I do
the "show version command" any idea what the differnence is ?

Anyone have a x2 key or enabled NMC they can part with ?

thanks

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 15:22:53 +0000

Also sprach mark ross
>the "new style, with intergrated fan tray" TC 1000 chassis ?

For all intents and purposes...the difference is whether you have the
integrated fan tray.  :)

There are some difference to the mid-plane...capacity of various busses
and such, but I don't recall any details off the top of my head.  They
aren't hugely significant.  I think the TDM bus went from 256 timeslots
to 512, but beyond that...*shrug*

>the "show version command" any idea what the differnence is ?

I never got a good explanation of what that meant.  :/

>Anyone have a x2 key or enabled NMC they can part with ?

The key is tied to the serial number of the NMC, so you can't just give
someone a key...and I don't have any extra NMC's here...sorry.
-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456

-

---

From: Brian <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 04:36:08 +0000

> the "show version command" any idea what the differnence is ?
the integrated fan tray chassis have enhnced packet bus, i belive, which
is what allows you to push higher densities of modems.  I think
non-enhanced is limited to 96 modems

you mean you don't have the super secret x2/v90 key generator?  :))

>  "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

-----------------------------------------------
          I'm buying used CISCO gear!!
              email me for a quote

Brian Feeny 		    e:[email-masked]
CCNP+Voice/ATM/Security	    p:318.222.2638x109
CCDP     		    f:318.221.6612
Network Administrator
ShreveNet Inc. (ASN 11881)

-

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 06:26:14 +0000

> to 512, but beyond that...*shrug*

The management bus is at 512, the TDM bus does not come into play for its
on the HDM.  Also the powersupply is 130 amps.

> I never got a good explanation of what that meant.  :/
Packet bus design change basically.  The enhanced packet bus card, had the
capability of being able to send and receive more data on the packet bus,
thus to support 90+ ports.

> someone a key...and I don't have any extra NMC's here...sorry.

Thats is correct sir.

V

-