Subject: Re: (usr-tc) Limiting Sessions

From: Steve Valiunas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 19:42:23 +0000

This might not be the best way to accomplish it,  but (assuming you are using
3Com's S/A server) if you simply comment out the INSERT into the CALLS table,
for session-start, session-stop, and interim-updates,   you will be able to
track session count (it's recorded in the user's record in the USERS table),
without recording detailed accounting data.   This isn't really a recommended or
supported solution,  but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Steve

"Ed" <[email-masked]> on 01/13/2000 09:09:21 PM

Please respond to [email-masked]

Sent by:  "Ed" <[email-masked]>

To:   [email-masked]
cc:    (Steve Valiunas/MW/US/3Com)
Subject:  (usr-tc) Limiting Sessions

Has any come up with a sure fire way to limit sessions based on Radius
without using Accounting? With 3com Accounting turned on our database
becomes 100MB+ in a day so that seems out of the question.

It used be done in netservers by using Traps... also you used to be able to
use Traps to log to a Logserver and now you can't... it all seems to have to
be run through a large Database file. We would rather not do this as Access
just cannot handle 100MB files without croaking.

Basically I wanted to know what others are using for solutions to these old
problems... I know of various ways things can be done but none seem pratical
for large volume systems with 20,000+ people logging onto in a day.

Thanks!

Ed

----- Original Message -----
From: Terry Kennedy
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2000 9:53 PM
Subject: (usr-tc) Connect via the Arc to the Dsp

I've heard this can doen rather using console cables to each
DSP. Can someone point me to right docs to figure this out. I
can't find it anywhere. Meanwhile back to the PDF files.
Thanks

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.