Subject: RE: [USR-TC] [USC-TC] HiperNMC OIDs

From: "MacDonald, James" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 15:54:28 +0000

Interesting ... I'm looking for one that will tell me if the slot is on the
Management BUS or not ... I.e. in Yellow alarm in TCM. Did you get this from
another list of OID's? If so, can you provide the list?

thanks

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Todd Bertolozzi [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, August 02, 2002 11:19 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [USR-TC] [USC-TC] HiperNMC OIDs

Not exactly sure which one you want put if you do a walk against the nmc
with .1.3.6.1.4.1.429.1.27.2.1.6

you will get the span line status.

Todd

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of MacDonald, James
Sent: Friday, August 02, 2002 11:12 AM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: [USR-TC] [USC-TC] HiperNMC OIDs

Anyone know the OID to get the specific slot in alarm ... I can get the NMC
alarms in general and am able to convert them to codes ... but instead of
just finding an MBUS failure I wanted to narrow it down to a specific slot
assignment.

Thanks,

> James MacDonald, CCNP
> Senior Platform Manager, IP
> Network Operations
> AT&T Canada Corp.
> 370 King St W., 6th Floor
> Toronto, ON M5V1J9
> Ph: 416-204-5793
> Fx: 416-204-5744
> Emergency: 416-204-5700 (NMC Hotline)
> Email: [email-masked]
>

_______________________________________________
USR-TC mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/usr-tc

_______________________________________________
USR-TC mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/usr-tc

---

From: Todd Bertolozzi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 10:07:03 +0000

I was looking around for a trap oid that would do this but for now the
easiest thing I've found is to highlight all the DSP's (card level)...setup
an autoresponse trap for a module non-operational.

I add to the script a "generate autoresponse snmp trap" so I know a card has
"gone yellow" and then also add a "reset module" so that as soon as it goes
yellow the chassis tries to reset it. It's important to have a trap sent too
so that you know an event has happend on your network. Else you could get
into a loop where the card goes out of service...the chassis resets it, it
comes back up, then goes out of service, chassis resets it again...etc,
etc...loop.

You can verify this is working by doing the setup I indicated. Save
everything...then issue a remove from service command on the dsp. You will
notice that the chassis indicated that it did a hardware reset instead of
removing it from service provided you have the autoresponse setup correctly.

When I get around to finding that OID that you want I will post it but I'm
caught up in other stuff at the moment.

Todd

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, August 02, 2002 11:54 AM

thanks

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Todd Bertolozzi [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, August 02, 2002 11:19 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [USR-TC] [USC-TC] HiperNMC OIDs

Todd

-----Original Message-----

Thanks,