Subject: (usr-tc) TC Stops routing

From: Scot Desort <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 13:27:53 +0000

I am running HiperARC 4.1.59. We have not changed any code or setting on
this box for over a year.

Of late, the call volume into this box has been very high, often maxing it
out (this box only has 4 PRI's on HiperDSP's  coming into it). Suddenly,
every 10 days or so, users are no longer to route to anything outside of the
TC box. They can connect. They can ping the ethernet port on the TC, but
anything beyond that dies. I can dial into another TC box and telnet to this
TC, so the ethernet port is actually responding to traffic from outside
interfaces. It's just that users connected to that physical box can't route
out. Issuing a reboot command at the HARC console corrects the problem for
another week or 2.

Is there anything I should be looking for that might be causing this? Is
this a memory issue (wouldn't think so with only 4 PRI's connected)? Is this
a code issue - I know the code rev is a little old, but is has proven very
stable for us in every other aspect. Never once experienced the hung modem
pairs on this box. When call volume into this box was lower, it had been
running without a reboot for 16 months.

I am not running RIP or OSPF on this box either.

Any thoughts?

--
Scot

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.