Subject: (usr-tc) Axcell DSL cards

From: "Timothy C. Bohen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 06:28:07 +0000

Does anyone know the scoop on the Axcell (sp) DSL cards for the Total
Control Chassis?

I have a chance to buy some cheap and wanted to know if they were any good.

What would I use for a CPE modem?

Thanks

Timothy C. Bohen
CMSInter.Net / Crystal MicroSystems
============================
web   : www.cmsinter.net
email : [email-masked]
phone : 517.235.5100 x22

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Seth Jacobs <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 06:50:20 +0000

Tim,

Is this for a colo in a telco facility?  Or, if it's your NOC, what kind of
line do you need from the phone company to make this work?

Seth

----- Original Message -----
From: "Timothy C. Bohen" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2001 9:23 PM
Subject: (usr-tc) Axcell DSL cards

-

---

From: Mark Thornton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 16:18:22 +0000

There were a couple of parts of the DSL system, Viper and Axcell, though the
documentation tended to blur the lines. They use CAP encoding on line. The
Axcell is the server card that will typically support two client modems,
though I think they may have released a higher density model. The Viper end
user device is a modem that looks a lot like the old courier product and has
a command interface similar to the old netserver. I have four links up using
this equipment. It is solid, but the code never advanced to the point where
it correctly supports classless routing among other things. It won't go the
distance a DMT system will either. I don't know if you can find the client
end or get another client device to work with it, particularly since CAP
encoding is fairly rare now.

Mark Thornton
San Marcos Internet, Inc.
512-393-5300

----- Original Message -----
From: "Timothy C. Bohen" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2001 11:23 PM
Subject: (usr-tc) Axcell DSL cards

-