Subject: (usr-tc) MLPPP 2 ARC's 1 chassis

From: Paul Farber <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 18:13:29 +0000

hello all

I have a POP with 10 DPS's and 2 ARC's.  They DSP's are statically
assigned to an ARC, odd cards to ARC1, even cards to ARC2.

When an ISDN call comes in, it is possible for each channel to go to a
different DPS and different ARC.  The ip address is statically assigned
from RADIUS.

Do the ARC's know what to do in this case?  Recently an ISDN customer with
an ISDN Office Conenct has been having 'random' problems getting mail,
sites, etc.  I see the logins, but I was wondering if MLPPP with 2 ARC's
in the same chassis would work?  And specific settings needed to
accomplish this?

Paul Farber
Farber Technology
[email-masked]
Ph  570-628-5303
Fax 570-628-5545

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 18:20:54 +0000

Thus spake Paul Farber
>Do the ARC's know what to do in this case?  Recently an ISDN customer
>with an ISDN Office Conenct has been having 'random' problems getting
>mail, sites, etc.  I see the logins, but I was wondering if MLPPP with
>2 ARC's in the same chassis would work?  And specific settings needed
>to accomplish this?

2 Arc's in the same chassis is pretty much the same scenario as 2 Arc's
in two seperate chassis...there really is no communication between the
Arcs in the same chassis.

You'll need to set up MPIP for this to work reliably.

Let me know if you need info on setting up MPIP...it should be in the
manuals and everything.
-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456

-

---

From: "Mark E. Levy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 18:21:34 +0000

Take a look at the MPIP stuff.  You need to assign one of the ARCs as a
MPIP server and the other as a client.  Without MPIP enabled, if the
calls span the ARCs, the customer will be unable to establish the second
channel.

-- 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark E. Levy, President
FSINet, Inc.
800-827-6085 x202
847-753-6832 fax
www.fsi.net
[email-masked]
---------------------------------------------------------------------

-

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2000 14:20:16 +0000

Paul,

You'll need to make sure MPIP is turned on.

Jeff Binkley
ASA Network Computing

U> 
U>I have a POP with 10 DPS's and 2 ARC's.  They DSP's are statically
U>assigned to an ARC, odd cards to ARC1, even cards to ARC2.
U> 
U>When an ISDN call comes in, it is possible for each channel to go to a
U>different DPS and different ARC.  The ip address is statically
U>assigned from RADIUS.
U> 
U>Do the ARC's know what to do in this case?  Recently an ISDN customer
U>with an ISDN Office Conenct has been having 'random' problems getting
U>mail, sites, etc.  I see the logins, but I was wondering if MLPPP with
U>2 ARC's in the same chassis would work?  And specific settings needed
U>to accomplish this?
U> 

CMPQwk 1.42-21 9999

-