Subject: (usr-tc) Urgent: 2.0.60...need advice!

From: Fairlight <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 16:48:43 +0000

I could really use some advice..

We have HiPer DSP's (T1/PRI), and were previously running 1.0.26 code.
This had been doing "okay" but we were getting more and more handshaking
problems as our service expanded, and more and more cases of ring-on where
nothing would answer at a particular modem.

Well, we got under software contract, and I just updated to 2.0.60.  

One problem:  When people dial in, many times (I've got at least 30-50
reports in one night alone) they are hearing a "click" and then dead air.  
That's it.  Nothing else happens for them.  Yet you can re-dial in
(sometimes after several attempts).  It's not totally dead, but what is up
with this?

I need expediant advice as to what might be causing this, and what the
best fix is.  If 2.0.60 is knackered, what version would people recommend I
go to, since that was a "fix" version for 2.0.19...?  

Help!  The natives are getting restless.    :(
 
TIA...on-list and/or private replies welcome!

mark->
-- 
Fairlight->   |||       [email-masked]       | 
  __/\__      |||                                  | "I'm talking for free...
 <__<>__>     |||       System Administrator       |  It's a New Religion..."
    \/        |||                                  |

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.