Subject: [USR-TC] LNC/LNS atuh

From: Jeff Lynch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 19:13:04 +0000

We've got some older hiperarcs (4.2.?) that will need to establish
a tunnel to another hiperarc (5.0.9) acting as LNS. We've got everything
working but since this is a short term workaround for a POP move
we need to be absolutely transparent to the end user.

Here's the trouble:

1) No L2TP, get packet size errors (harc software version mismatch?)

2) Switched to PPTP, gets around the first problem, good throughput

3) Either way seems to require double authentication. We allow scripted or
PAP logins but the LNS (AFAICT) seems to require another auth via PAP.
There could be affected users not using PAP,trashing our user
transparency.

Can we option the LNS to allow scripted logins or use another trick like
using the Tunnel-Password attribute perhaps in place of the second PAP
auth step?

TIA,
--jeff

============================================================================ 
Jeffrey A. Lynch		| JORSM Internet, Regional Internet Services
email: [email-masked]		| 7 Area Codes in Chicagoland and NW Indiana
Voice: (219)322-2180		| 100Mbps+ Connectivity, 56K-DS3, V.90, ISDN
Autoresponse: [email-masked]	| Quality Service, Affordable Prices
http://www.jorsm.com		| Serving Gov, Biz, Residential Since 1995

---

From: Jeff Lynch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 21:46:05 +0000

Ok, my brain is mush and I'm reduced to a mumbling idiot. Please see
subject corrections.

--jeff

On Thu, 15 Nov 2001, Jeff Lynch wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> USR-TC mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/usr-tc
>