Subject: Re: (usr-tc) Busy out causes "number .. been disconnected"

From: Kirk Mitchell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 07:39:51 +0000

At 11:37 PM 2/22/01 -0500, [email-masked] wrote:
>Running PRIs on hiperDSPs with a hiperarc, we have discovered a very very
>strange thing.  It seems that if we "busy out" any of the channels on
>the PRI in TCM, the telco give the famous "The number you have reached,
>X X X - X X X X has been disconnected"  ????  I've got limited data, I
>admit, because we naturally don't want this happening much.  But anyone
>have any thoughts about this?  I'm very surprised that there's anything we
>can do on our end that would make the telco give that message.

  Sounds like they don't have the hunting set properly. Any time you've got
DSP modems busied out, the calls should roll on to the next available
channel in the hunt group. Ever had busies when all of your modems weren't
full? This would be another symptom of a hunting problem.

-- 
Kirk Mitchell-General Manager    [email-masked]
Keystone Connect                 Unlock Your World
Altoona, PA  814-941-5000   http://www.keyconn.net

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.