Subject: (usr-tc) Not accepting ISDN calls... still.

From: Stephen Amadei <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 15:31:08 +0000

I wrote a long time about this, but none of the replys really helped
me, and recently it has come back up as an issue, so let's see if new
knowledge can shed some light...

I have two older chassises with HiperARCs in them... both have
Dual-PRI cards, 12 Quads of various Digital and A/D type, a HiperARC
and a NMC card.  One unit has two HiperDSPs in it... the other has one
HiperDSP, but it's not operational yet.  These TC's can be seen on my 
demo TCView page, http://www.dandy.net/statistics/tc.html as Atlantic
City and Pleasantville.  Both chassis are up to date with TCS3.6 and the
lastest code from the Totalservice website... I never can remember the
version numbers, but we are _current_.  Yes, even 2.0.51 on the DSPs.

The problem we have is that when we upgraded from Netservers to HiperARCs,
Atlantic City lost the ability to accept ISDN calls.  P'ville accepts them
fine, but for A.C., they come up in RADIUS as async instead of ISDN.  I
have turned both boxes inside out to find a difference, but could find
none.  Both TCs are identical but in name, phone-number and the extra DSP
card.

Recently, it has come to light that A.C. _is_ accepting ISDN calls, but
only on the DSP cards... not the Quads.  Hopefully, this will spark some
suggestions on enabling ISDN.  Thanx in advance.

					----Steve
Stephen Amadei
Director of MIS
Dandy Connections, Inc.
Atlantic City, NJ

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 15:45:04 +0000

Thus spake Stephen Amadei
>The problem we have is that when we upgraded from Netservers to
>HiperARCs, Atlantic City lost the ability to accept ISDN calls.
>P'ville accepts them fine, but for A.C., they come up in RADIUS as
>async instead of ISDN.  I have turned both boxes inside out to find a
>difference, but could find none.  Both TCs are identical but in name,
>phone-number and the extra DSP card.

>only on the DSP cards... not the Quads.  Hopefully, this will spark
>some suggestions on enabling ISDN.  Thanx in advance.

Sounds like the dual-pri card is set with the isdn gateway slot as 16
rather than 0.  Basically, with it set to 16, it sends ISDN calls to the
card in slot 16 to be terminated...with it set to 0, it spreads them
across the quads.  The reason this worked with the NETServer and not the
Arc is because the NETServer had the Munich ISDN daughtercard which
could terminate ISDN calls, the Arc does not.
-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456

-

---

From: Stephen Amadei <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 22:43:22 +0000

> could terminate ISDN calls, the Arc does not.

I understand this.  On my dual-pri card I have a choice between 1-16 and
NONE for no Gateway.  Both P'ville and Atlantic City are NONE.  As in my
previous message, P'ville accepts ISDN, A.C. doesn't.  

I did notice that "Inbound Phone Number Routing Configuration Status"
is slightly different between the two TCs... but I've never what info
this page is displaying, or how to copy the info from one TC to the other.

					----Steve
Stephen Amadei
Director of MIS
Dandy Connections, Inc.
Atlantic City, NJ

-

---

From: Tatai SV Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 22:51:37 +0000

> previous message, P'ville accepts ISDN, A.C. doesn't.  
Also on your dual-pri the quad modems should show up as quad-I-modem, 
Make sure that they are quad-i and not just quad

krish	

-

---

From: Stephen Amadei <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 01:03:39 +0000

> Make sure that they are quad-i and not just quad

Actually they came up as Qbch-I-mdms.

					----Steve
Stephen Amadei
Director of MIS
Dandy Connections, Inc.
Atlantic City, NJ

-

---

From: Tatai SV Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 15:07:48 +0000

On the pri card you can run debug to see how the call translates and what 
is happeing - on the main menu if you type   crtl-D
it will pop up a menu - I guess the option 4 in that menu is to trace the 
call, enabling that will put out q931 / layer 3 info, based on that info 
we can see if there is a problem with the incoming call or if its 
actually a 33k voice call etc.  

Other than that everything should work by default.

krish

-