Subject: (usr-tc) Dead TC unit - Update 2 - HELP!

From: Brian Elfert <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 02:34:03 +0000

I've been playing with a dead TC unit for hours now, and I still can't get
it working.  It has 45A chassis, quad modems, PRI NAC with T1 software,
and a Netserver card.

At present, it appears to only answer on a channel or two.  The rest of
the channels get dead air.  The telco is reporting not getting a wink back
when they test it.  (This T1 works fine with other units) 

I've tried:

1.  Setting all modems to default, and resetting them all.
2.  Moving all cards from this unit to a spare 45A chassis.
3.  Copying config of PRI NAC and quad modems from a working chassis.
4.  Removed all but one modem card.  Seemed to answer calls fine with one
    modem card during two hours of bombarding it with calls.
5.  Power cycled a dozen times.  
6.  Set all modems to inactive in Netserver and reactivated them.

Any other ideas?  

I have 6 more quad modem cards I can pull from a working unit, but I don't
want to end up frying them somehow.  I also have a 186 T1 card I could
try swapping in, but I think it has old software, and it may not work with
the rest of the software revs.  

Would swapping out the Netserver card and NMC card possibly help?

Brian

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.