Subject: (usr-tc) Strange SSL Problem

From: "Mark A. Bialik" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 01:34:13 +0000

Hello:

One of our users has reported a strange problem, and I can not figure it
out for the life of me.  We have two modem banks serving different
geographic areas.  If he calls his local number, he can not connect to
web sites using SSL.  If he dials our other modem bank (long distance
for him), SSL works just fine!

He's tried with both IE and Netscape.  I can not re-create the problem. 
I've dialed into both modem banks and got SSL connections just fine.

One rack is a TC Hub, quads, NMC/NSC.  The other is a TC HiperArc/DSP. 
The Hiper is the local rack for him.... the one having the problem. 
Both racks point at the same router as the gateway, so this has me
totally baffled.

Any suggestions on where to look?  We haven't had any other users
complain, and his problem goes away by calling a different modem bank. 
Strange.

Thanks for any help.

Regards,
Mark

======================================================================
Mark A. Bialik                                          (414) 290-6749
Network/Security Manager                          http://www.linux.org
Infinity HealthCare, Inc.               [email-masked]
Mequon, WI USA                                              Use Linux.
======================================================================

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.