Subject: Re: (usr-tc) modem that will

From: Ahmed Saeed <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 19:57:43 +0000

>From what is written, it seems that the modem picks up the call fine but 
there is no packet bus data to tell hiper arc to terminate call. 

try 
reset modem slot:x/mod:x

Best bet is to go to tcm, and download the parameters from another good 
working modem. 

By these steps, you eradicate the packet bus, config values, only other 
thing might be the packet bus interface for that particular modem. 
This would come under hardware issue. 

Ahmed 

On Tue, 14 Sep 1999, Stainforth, Matthew wrote:

> 
> I'm having a problem with one modem that refuses to pick up.  When I watch
> the status in performance monitor, I can see the call coming in (RingIn or
> RingRcvd states), DNIS and ANI information comes up, but the modem never
> picks up the call.  I have replaced the DSP NAC and the problem didn't go
> away.  The only other place I can think to look is to the ARC itself but the
> modem interface is UP/UP.  I've also tried a full reconfig (restore from
> default, save to nvram, reboot, reconfig, save to nvram, reboot) and no
> luck.  When a user happens to grab that line they hear a long pause of dead
> air (maybe 5 seconds or more) and then it starts ringing endlessly.  Any
> ideas?
> 
> -
>  To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
>  with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
>  For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
>  "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.
> 

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.