Subject: (usr-tc) Diamond Super Sonic II?

From: TC Hazzard <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 21:16:56 +0000

Hi; We have a user with a Diamond Super Sonic II modem. This modem is
able to connect to our Lucent PM3s using V.90 modulation. But it uses
v.34 modulation when dialing into our 3COM TC's. I assume there may be a
V.90 compatibility issue so that this modem really goes to Kflex on the
PM3s and V.34 on the TC's.

I welcome thoughts anyone else has on this particular modem and the TCs.
Thanks.

----------
TC Hazzard

Great Works Internet
Great State of Maine
www.gwi.net

43.489 N
70.458 W

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Mark Thornton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 21:30:13 +0000

The Diamond SSII modem has a really ****ty V.90 implementation. We have had
too many cases of the modem working in our office or in the computer store,
but not at the clients home. The support sucks for the device so you are
stuck. BTW, I don't believe you are really getting V.90 on the Lucent. It is
my recollection that it reports V.90 even though it has fallen back to
KFlex.

Mark Thornton
San Marcos Internet, Inc
512-393-5300

----- Original Message -----
From: "TC Hazzard" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2001 2:11 PM
Subject: (usr-tc) Diamond Super Sonic II?

-

---

From: TC Hazzard <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 21:49:59 +0000

> my recollection that it reports V.90 even though it has fallen back to

Thanks...the Kflex fall back is what I noted below as an assumption.
Will give the customer the bad news.

----------
TC Hazzard

Great Works Internet
Great State of Maine
(207) 286-8686 x114
www.gwi.net

43.489 N
70.458 W

-