Subject: (usr-tc) Radius Framed-Address

From: Kevin Hemsley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 01:15:22 +0000

We are using Unix for authentication with Cistron Radius and I've been
assigning IPs out of different pools for some time for filtered customers.
However, on a new HiPer ARC chassis at a remote POP, for some reason I can't
assign a user a static IP using the Framed-Address attribute using the
Radius users file.  Instead of the static IP, they receive an IP out of the
standard pool.  The odd thing is that the same chassis is properly assigning
IPs out of a different pool for filtered users. The only difference is the
filtered users are assigned out by an external program called by Cistron's
Exec-Program-Wait, and the static-IP-user is assigned directly with a
"Framed-Address = x.x.x.x" Both methods use Framed-Address = x.x.x.x in the
end and there are no typos. Listed below is the user's record. Any ideas?

user          Password = "UNIX"
                User-Service-Type = Framed-User,
                Framed-Protocol = PPP,
                Framed-Address = x.x.x.x,
                Framed-Netmask = 255.255.255.255
______________________________________
Kevin Hemsley
Systems Engineer
Microserv Computer Technologies, Inc.
[email-masked]
(208) 528-6161
KB7TYA

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.