Subject: (usr-tc) problem converting from CT1 to PRI

From: Randy McMillan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 19:28:41 +0000

We have several TC chassis with quad modems that we want to convert to PRI.
One of chassis has a DSP (2.1.9) card that works fine with a PRI.  They all
have HyperArc with 5.0.99 software.

The process I went through on a chassis was to load the current PRI software
on the T1/PRI card, and set the trunk setting b8zs,esf, switch type 5ess,
(although I believe they have a CTI switch).  The other settings match
(dnis,eandmtypeII, wink, etc)  the CT1 settings.  Then on the Quad modems I
set the "Line Interface Source" from t1Tdm to priTdm.  Save and reboot.

When everything is connected, I have all green lights, and the switch guy
sees the d channel come up.  When we dial into that line, the switch guy
sees the call come in on the first trunk but the modem doesn't answer.  I
don't see any lights flash on the modem card to indicate a call coming in.
The default config on the PRI card is round robin allocation of modems as
opposed to fixed assignment which I didn't change.  The DSP card is using
fixed assignment routing.

If the switch guy converts it back to a CT1, and I load the CT1 software
back in, and switch the line interface source on the quad cards, then it
works fine.

Can anyone tell me what I am missing, or point me in a direction to look?
Thanks.

Randy McMillan
PacInfo

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Charles Sprickman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 17:12:31 +0000

Hi,

Just went through the same thing...

Spent some time trying to find my mistake, then started poking around the
"performance monitor" both on the PRI level and timeslot level.  I found
that the modems were showing "remote out of service" on all lines.  Passed
this on to the switch tech, and he did something (switch is a DMS-100) and
the lines went to "in service".  The whole time my D-channel was up,
switch saw it up as well.

Anyhow, looking at the line status in performance monitor in TCM may point
you in the right direction...

Charles

| Charles Sprickman                  | Internet Channel
| INCH System Administration Team    | (212)243-5200
| [email-masked]                     | [email-masked]

-

---

From: Mark Thornton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 17:17:49 +0000

How do you identify the different types of HiperNMC's? What is a P5NMC vs. a
NMC(333)?

Mark Thornton
San Marcos Internet, Inc
512-393-5300

----- Original Message -----
From: "Charles Sprickman" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2001 10:09 AM
Subject: Re: (usr-tc) problem converting from CT1 to PRI

-

---

From: Randy McMillan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 19:12:12 +0000

I spent some time looking at the the performance monitor on the PRI card.
The performance monitor on the 1st DS0 indicated, when i dialed into it,
"incoming dialing" and it assigned a quad I modem as the device.  There
would be several seconds of silence, and then the status would change to
"DSO tear down" and I would hear a busy signal.

So, it would appear that the call is being routed to the modem, but for some
reason the modem is not hearing it and/or not picking up the call.  On the
HiperArc, the list interfaces shows all the slots/modems as being up/up.
The performance monitor indicates that all the DS0's are InService.  The PRI
card is using fixedassignment and all the DS0's are mapped to a modem.  The
Line interface is set to "priTdm" and that is the only change I made on the
modem card that was working on the CT1.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Randy McMillan
PacInfo

----- Original Message -----
From: "Charles Sprickman" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2001 8:09 AM
Subject: Re: (usr-tc) problem converting from CT1 to PRI

-