Subject: RE: [USR-TC] Cooling fan

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 22:20:17 +0000

There is a fan in the power supply that is 24v.  Most fans are either
12vdc or 120vac.  The 24 v fan is hard to find and we have been unable to
locate one.  Of course I'm sure you could get one from 3Com for a couple
of hundred dollars.

Anyone with a source for the 24v variety would be doing a great service
by sharing the source with the list.

At 05:54 PM 6/13/02 -0400, you wrote: 

<excerpt><color><param>0000,0000,ffff</param>Hi David,

If you're talking about the old 45A style chassis with the single fan in
the rear just unplug the chassis and screw that back plate off and
replace the fan. It's a 3-pin 60mm fan that you can find in any old pc or
buy at a computer store. We've replaced one ourselves and it works
great.

If you're referring to the fan trays on the chassis that lie underneath
you can replace the entire tray or individual fans as well. If you have
just one fan go bad then it's probably cheaper just to leave it alone.
You can remove individual fans and replace them if you are comfortable
wiring the fan. The fans can also be found at a computer parts store,
just make sure to match the fans electrical specs and properly wire it.
They can be depending on the fan tray either 60mm, 90mm or 120mm fans.

Thanks,

Steve Wujek

Solunet TAC

</color><excerpt> <fontfamily><param>Tahoma</param>-----Original
Message-----

<bold>From:</bold> [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]

<bold>Sent:</bold> Thursday, June 13, 2002 5:29 PM

<bold>To:</bold> [email-masked]

<bold>Subject:</bold> [USR-TC] Cooling fan

</fontfamily> Anyone have a source for the small cooling fan for the
power supply on a TC chassis?

David 

_____________________________________________________

<color><param>0000,8080,8080</param><<mailto:[email-masked]>David
Swearingin

</color><bold><fontfamily><param>Comic Sans
MS</param><color><param>0000,0000,ffff</param><<http://www.carolnet.com/>CARROLLTON
INTERNET SERVICE

</color></fontfamily><fontfamily><param>Script MT
Bold</param><bigger><bigger><bigger>First Financial Group, Inc.

</bigger></bigger></bigger></fontfamily></bold>11 N. Folger, Carrollton,
MO  64633

660-542-3002   Fax 660-542-3003 

</excerpt>

</excerpt><<<<<<<<

---

From: Charles Sprickman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 18:27:03 +0000

Google turns up a ton of 60mm 24V fans:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=60mm+24V+fan

I'd also try pulling the fan and typing the part number into google.

C

--
Charles Sprickman
[email-masked]

On Thu, 13 Jun 2002 [email-masked] wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> USR-TC mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/usr-tc
>

---

From: "Stephen Rivera - WRCA.Net" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 14:14:31 +0000

I have the fans. as I looked for Carrollton Internet I noticed that we had 
some new. They are exact part numbers as the fans in the USR power sets 
(45A style).I am shopping for a better source at this point but based on my 
cost I have them for sale at $35.00. They might be out there cheaper but 
this is what I can do. AND I have them in stock.

At 04:13 PM 6/13/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>Anyone with a source for the 24v variety would be doing a great service by 
>sharing the source with the list.
>
>>Hi David,
>>buy at a computer store. We've replaced one ourselves and it works great.
>>>-----Original Message-----
>>>From: [email-masked] 
>>>[<mailto:[email-masked]>mailto:[email-masked]]
>>>Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2002 5:29 PM
>>>To: [email-masked]
>>>Subject: [USR-TC] Cooling fan
>>>
>>>Anyone have a source for the small cooling fan for the power supply on a 
>>>TC chassis?
>>>
>>>David
>>>
>>><<mailto:[email-masked]>mailto:[email-masked]>David Swearingin
>>>11 N. Folger, Carrollton, MO  64633
><<<<
>_______________________________________________ USR-TC mailing list 
><http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/usr-tc>http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/usr-tc 
>
></blockquote></x-html>

Steve Rivera  IM: srivera711
Toll Free: (877)WRCANET x102  DIRECT: 732-833-2034
Fax available equipment to: (732)833-2115
for more product info got www.wrca.net

---

From: Brad Gass <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 03:56:16 +0000

Hello, all.

I have a seeming simple, but irritating problem with getting a few 
analog/digital quads working with analog NIC's.

I set them up for NIC, 115k fixed rate DTE, enable command echoing and 
response vie the DIP switch, but the best I've been able to get so far is a 
"yellow" off hook LED on a particular channel when issuing an ATDT5551212 - 
no responses ever show up on the terminal.  And, I haven't been able to 
repeat that since it happened a couple hours ago.

I've tried a variety of other oddments with the other serial options, and 
nothing seems to click.  Also, is the DTE "slot" assignment even relevant 
when setting up the quads in this manner?  Is there a specific setup, save 
to NVRAM, reset sequence I need to perform?  I've even booted the cards 
with SW10 on to restore factory defaults to no avail (which is right on 
factory setup - 9600-N-7-1 or 19200-N-8-1?)

These modems were previously used in "digital" mode, and functioned fine in 
that installation.

I'm rather flustered at the moment, and it's no doubt something stupid and 
simple I'm missing.  But, I would greatly appreciate any pointers from the 
gurus!

Thanks,

Brad

---

From: Mojahedul Hoque Abul Hasanat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 05:09:04 +0000

On Sun, Jun 16, 2002 at 10:54:48PM -0500, Brad Gass wrote:
> "yellow" off hook
> ...
> These modems were previously used in "digital" mode, and functioned
> fine in that installation.

Some quads need to be told specifically that they are on an analog line.
Appending %d0 to their init scipt does the trick for me.

-- 
Mojahed
System Administrator, Agni Systems Limited