Subject: Re: (usr-tc) (USR-TC) MISSING RADIUS R

From: Steve Valiunas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 17:40:30 +0000

I've also seen cases where the NAS was talking to a remote radius server over
shakey/saturated links,  causing a lot of radius retransmissions-  If the Radius
server can't handle starts & stops coming in out of order, then session-limiting
based on this will break.  In at least a couple of cases things cleaned up by
fixing the link.    To see if this might be contributing to the problem,
compare the count of retransmitted accounting packets between the working and
not working Harcs ("show accounting counters").   It -might- be as simple as
that.  Of course this isn't likely if all the chassis are local.

STeve

[email-masked] (Jeff Binkley) on 01/26/2000 09:15:21 AM

Please respond to [email-masked]

Sent by:  [email-masked] (Jeff Binkley)

To:   [email-masked]
cc:    (Steve Valiunas/MW/US/3Com)
Subject:  (usr-tc) (USR-TC) MISSING RADIUS R

U>There has been a fair amount of discussion about missing radius
U>records, specifically stop records as regards to concurrency control.
U>I posted a question about this a week or so back and didn't get a
U>response. In my case I have a single chassis that is prone to this
U>problem, but the others are not. Any ideas why?

U>Also, if getting the stop record is so unreliable how do those of you
U>who do hourly billing keep the system working? In our case the session
U>is lost and not billed for. I can live with that but it bothers me
U>that it isn't reliable.

U>Mark Thornton
U>San Marcos Internet, Inc.
U>512-393-5300

Unfortunately it is a HiPerArc problem that crept in at a certain
release of code.  3Com claims it has been fixed in the newer code but
with the problems many folks have had, including myself, with the newer
code, some folks are afraid to try it.  I plan to try another HiPerArc
upgrade soon.

Jeff Binkley
ASA Network Computing

CMPQwk 1.42 9999

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.