Subject: (usr-tc) NOTICE: HiPer ARC and HiPer DSP code

From: Chuck Stace <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 21:07:59 +0000

3Com Customers,

Due to various issues with prior versions of HiPer ARC and HiPer DSP code, 3Com
is advising that all customers upgrade their HiPer ARC and HiPer DSP cards to
one of the following versions of code:

HiPerARC v4.1.59-6
Service Release for HiPer ARC 4.1.59-6 built from 4.1.72-7. Version 4.1.59-6 is
an effort to combine many previous Engineering Releases into a generally
available code release. It addresses a series of P1 and P2 issues identified
with the previous HiPer ARC code release.

HiPerARC v4.2.32-1
The HiPerARC v4.2.32-1 Maintenance Release replaces HiPerARC v4.2.29.  This
version fixes the upgrade issues from v4.1.59-6, HiPerBomb DoS (Denial of
Service) attack, and SNMP security issues.

If customers are using HiPerARC v4.2.29 on their Total Control chassis at this
time, they are advised to upgrade to v4.2.32-1 as soon as possible.

HiPerDSP v2.0.19
This is the released version of HiPer DSP T1 and T1/PRI, TCS 3.5. Please see the
release notes accompanying the code prior to deployment. NS1500 PRI switch type
is not supported in this release. EdgeServer/ESPro gateway cards have not been
included or tested for compatibility with TCS 3.5 System release. Once
compatibility has been verified and approved, this disclaimer will be removed
and status will be updated on the Software Compatibility Matrix.

HiPerDSP v2.0.81
This Service Release has the same functionality and limitations of v2.0.19, but
also includes a number of P1 and P2 bug fixes.  Please see the release notes
accompanying the code for details on bug fixes and outstanding issues.

Access the code and release notes in either of the following locations:

        http://totalservice.3com.com/cgi-bin/w3com/start?totalservice+latest
                   ( posted under Total Control Hubs )
                  or
        http://totalservice.3com.com/cgi-bin/w3com/start?totalservice+software
                   ( search by Total Control Hubs : Hiper DSP or Hiper ARC )

If there are any questions or concerns regarding these changes, please contact
3Com Technical Support toll-free at 1-800-231-8770.  If you are calling from an
area not handled by this number, the TotalService website has contact
information for other countries and regions.  Please go to the TotalService
website and click on 'Contacting Tech Support' for more information.

Chuck Stace
Customer Service Product Planning
[email-masked]

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.