Subject: (usr-tc) Flashing NMC

From: Steve Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 20:12:50 +0000

I was trying to flash my NMC card to a newer version of the firmware, well
halfway through the falsh it errored out and aborted.  Now my NMC is dead,
can't talk to it at all, cant even ping it.

Anyone know the recovery steps in an issue like this?

-Steve

-- 
Steve Johnson - [email-masked]      Sonic.net, Inc.
System Administrator                    300 B Street #100
707.522.1000 (Voice)                    Santa Rosa, CA 95404
707.547.2199 (Fax)                      http://www.sonic.net/
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Key fingerprint =  9F 9E 50 44 02 74 03 C8  5E 1D 35 15 24 29 0B 97

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 20:28:01 +0000

Also sprach Steve Johnson
>I was trying to flash my NMC card to a newer version of the firmware,
>well halfway through the falsh it errored out and aborted.  Now my NMC
>is dead, can't talk to it at all, cant even ping it.

>Anyone know the recovery steps in an issue like this?

PCSDL via the console serial port (assuming a 486 based NMC)...newer
versions like the HiPer NMC and HiPer2 NMC would have their own
equivalent (I believe ZModem via the console serial port).
-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456

-

---

From: Craig <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 20:37:22 +0000

I got one that just red light out as soon as you plug it in is it
dead??  No Flash no nothing just all red leds

-- 
Thanks,
Craig
[email-masked]

-

---

From: Steve Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 22:11:42 +0000

I can't even get a console on this via the console port =( Anyone know where
I can find step by step on how do do a zmodem flash via this port once I can
talk to it?

-Steve

-