Subject: Re: (usr-tc) SNMP question

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 17:30:42 +0000

The hiperarc.mib file only contains proprietary mib objects plus objects
from experimental standard branches. The only file that should be
required to compile the hiperarc.mib is the mib-2 from rfc1213 sometimes
referred to as the standard mib. This should normally come with an SNMP
package.

Other standard MIBs supported by the HiperArc and not in hiperarc.mib
are rfc's 1573, 1650, 1742, & 1612. You can get these from multiple sites,
one being http://www.nic.mil/ftp/rfc

Note that some compilers cannot cope with nested MIB files which the
hiperarc.mib is and stops when the first END statement is encountered.

moi

"Mark Thornton" <[email-masked]> on 05/03/2000 05:25:28 PM

Please respond to [email-masked]

Sent by:  "Mark Thornton" <[email-masked]>

To:   [email-masked]
cc:    (Moira Bue/US/3Com)
Subject:  Re: (usr-tc) SNMP question

I got to looking in the hiperarc.mib file and it is importing files that I
don't have and don't know where to get. These are the mibs that came with
all my 3Com install, but I guess that explains it ;) How am I or anyone else
supposed to know where to get all the mibs that may be required for a
particular client? Isn't this making it awfully hard for something that is
name Simple...

Mark Thornton
San Marcos Internet, Inc.
512-393-5300
.

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.