Subject: [USR-TC] Console port for the HiperArc

From: Lewis Bergman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 13:39:29 +0000

I have read the manual, have the 3com cable, checked the dip switches. They 
are both 9600, 8N1. Still can't connect to either of my two HiperArc's via 
the console. I can telnet but I want the console to work in case anything 
really strange goes on.

I am able to use the console port on all of my DSP's and my NMC without a 
problem. Anyone have any clues?
-- 
Lewis Bergman
Texas Communications
4309 Maple St.
Abilene, TX 79602-8044
915-695-6962 ext 115

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 07:49:05 +0000

By default the HiPer arc is set to 115200 baud rate.  So try that setting
first, next you have a dip switch 5 on the ARC, enable it or set it to On
position that helps with programs that require DTR.

-V