Subject: Re: [USR-TC] NMC issues

From: Kirk Mitchell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 01:54:38 +0000

At 09:02 AM 3/21/02 -1000, Antonio Querubin wrote:
>On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, Kirk Mitchell wrote:
>
>>   Recently, shortly after moving to a new PRI provider, we've started
>> experiencing strange drops. The only change made during the move was from
>> DMS100 to NI2 on DSP settings, nothing else. What happens is that the NMC
>> shows a red hub status light and everyone gets dropped. No other problem
>> indications anywhere, DPS and ARC cards all green. This happens repeatedly
>> 3-4 times in a period of about 5 minutes. After that, everything runs fine
>> for a day or so, then cycle repeats.
>>   Has anyone seen anything similar? Any ideas?
>
>Might want to check where the timing on the local loop is coming from.

  Transmit clock source is set to loopTiming. Should that be different?
Would that cause the NMC to go haywire and not the DSPs?

Thanks,

-- 
Kirk Mitchell-General Manager    [email-masked]
Keystone Connect                 Unlock Your World
Altoona, PA  814-941-5000   http://www.keyconn.net

---

From: Antonio Querubin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 02:47:36 +0000

> Would that cause the NMC to go haywire and not the DSPs?

Argh.  I misread your message and thought something else.  No it shouldn't
have affected the NMC.