Subject: Re: (usr-tc) Ah...what the heck...

From: Steve Valiunas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 19:53:58 +0000

>Is it possible to restrict access to a subnet or subnets such that any
>machine on that subnet can access TCM?

   Yes, You are allowed up to ten entries, each containing an IP address and a
network mask.

If you mess up putting in the restrictions and can't get in from snmp/TCM
anymore, you can reset the list from the NMC Console port with  Command |
ReinitializeAccessList, or just reboot the NMC if you'd like, since you hadn't
saved the config yet.

STeve

[email-masked] on 10/14/99 04:00:34 PM

Please respond to [email-masked]

Sent by:  [email-masked]

To:   [email-masked]
cc:    (Steve Valiunas/MW/US/3Com)
Subject:  Re: (usr-tc) Ah...what the heck...

>The NMC DOES have an Authorized Stations list, in which you can limit snmp
>access to a given set of ip addresses.  It would be probably be a good idea to
>use it.  WIthin TCM its uner Security | Authorized Stations.
>
>STeve

Is it possible to restrict access to a subnet or subnets such that any
machine on that subnet can access TCM?

*********************************************************
Michelle M. Mogil
Network and Computing Systems
721 Rhodes Hall, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853
vox: (607) 255-0516, fax: (607) 255-8420
email: [email-masked]
**********************************************

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 21:08:15 +0000

>   Yes, You are allowed up to ten entries, each containing an IP address and a

Right, but I was under the impression the IP address had to be of a
specific node machine, not set to--for example--128.253.180.0/24 so
that *any* machine, regardless of node address, could access TCM from
that subNet. Or am I being dense here?

>ReinitializeAccessList, or just reboot the NMC if you'd like, since you hadn't

Oh, I *never* mess up. 8-)

-