Subject: (usr-tc) Problems with macs and HiperARC 4.1.59

From: das <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 08:10:02 +0000

I'm having quite a few problems with macs connecting with FreePPP to my HARC
running 4.1.59.  It will never connect on the first try, but subsequent attempts
seem to be OK.  It is completely reproduceable and is happening on more than one
card.
I am willing to re-flash the card to older code, except the last time I did this
the HARC lost it's configuration. (forgot it's IP Address)  Being that the problem
cards are in remote pops, I would rather try a fix for the current code first.
Anyone have any ideas?

Sorry if this has been answered before, I was mysteriously unsubscribed from this
list and missed a lot of posts.

das

-- 
____________________________________________
Alex Substanley       Global OnLine Japan
  		      Engineering Department
Das Man               TEL: 81-3-5334-1700
Systems Engineer      FAX: 81-3-5334-1711
  The Highest Quality Service, Bar None
____________________________________________

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Aaron Nabil <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 09:04:33 +0000

das writes...
>seem to be OK.  It is completely reproduceable and is happening on more than one

It happened here too.  I haven't checked to see if V4.2.29 fixes it, the
problem might have went away, nobody has mentioned it for a while.

-- 
Aaron Nabil

-

---

From: Ken Kirchner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 09:16:17 +0000

Speaking of 4.2.29, which manly men among us has this up and running? 
Hows it look?  Hows the OSPF working so far?

And in addition to the original post, we are having Mac problems as
well, but the code release prior to 4.1.59 seemed to make the problem
much worse if I recall correctly.

-

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 20:55:07 +0000

>Hows it look?  Hows the OSPF working so far?

Manly men??? Hmph. 4.2.29 was removed from the downloads because of
major problems with the code. The latest version is 4.2.32-1 which I
have downloaded but am not *manly* enough to put on my ARCs yet. Am
waiting to hear from others, first. 8-)

*********************************************************
Michelle M. Mogil
N&CS, Network Operations Center
Rhodes Hall, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853
vox: (607) 255-0516, fax: (607) 255-8420
email: [email-masked]
**********************************************

-

---

From: Mike McHenry <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 21:05:51 +0000

Have been running 4.2.32-1 for about a week on my production chassis,
everything is working very well so far. I have yet to see or hear of any
customer problems. I would rank 4.2.32-1 as being one of the most stable
releases yet, if there were any serious issues I am sure I would have heard
about them by now :)

OSPF is working very well too, the configuration was a little cryptic to me
at first (see the archives for my configuration steps) but now that I think
about things it really was no different than the OSPF setup on any other
piece of equipment, just different :)

Mike McHenry
 Systems Administrator
 MinnNet Communications, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 1999 1:52 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: (usr-tc) Problems with macs and HiperARC 4.1.59

-

-

---

From: Mike Andrews <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 22:43:07 +0000

4.2.32-1 works well for us *except* for the route aggregation bug I've
mentioned a few times before.  Whether it's OSPF-specific or not I'm not
sure.  Whether or not it's a problem in practice depends on how your
subnets are laid out...

Mike Andrews (MA12) -=-=-  VP & Sysadmin, Digital Crescent, Frankfort KY
[email-masked]  -=--=-  [email-masked]  -=--=-  http://www.bit0.com
"If you're not part of the solution.... you're part of the precipitate."

-

---

From: Ken Kirchner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 01:19:20 +0000

> waiting to hear from others, first. 8-)

Well I meant that in a completely gender neutral way. ;-)  In the future I
will use "fearless guinea pigs."  heh

Yes, I meant 4.2.31.  Looks like a few people have tried it and it looks
good *so far*.
  ___                                                         ___
 (___) Kenneth Kirchner    .o.  mailto:[email-masked]       (___)  
  (__) Asst SysAdmin       .o.  Voice (318) 222-2638 Ext 108 (__)
   (_) ShreveNet, Inc.     .o.  Fax   (318) 213-6612         (_)

-

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 20:54:25 +0000

>will use "fearless guinea pigs."  heh

*snort* No offense taken. Just wanted to remind you all there there is
a <gasp> woman out here! I prefer the term "lemming without a conscience".
Thanks. 8-)

>Yes, I meant 4.2.31.  Looks like a few people have tried it and it looks

That's 4.2.32-1, though, right? In this version-confused world, just
want to be sure I'm keeping track of things...*some* things, anyway.

-

---

From: K Mitchell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 21:22:20 +0000

>a <gasp> woman out here! I prefer the term "lemming without a conscience".

"lemming without a conscience"...I like that  :)

>want to be sure I'm keeping track of things...*some* things, anyway.

Been running 4.2.32-1 for 12 hours no, so far so good  :)

-- 
Kirk Mitchell-General Manager        [email-masked]
Keystone Connect                     Unlock Your World
Altoona, PA   814-941-5000      http://www.keyconn.net

-