Subject: RE: (usr-tc) Web Ramps ?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 14:34:19 +0000

u>|-----Original Message-----
u>|From: [email-masked]
u>|[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Jeff Binkley
u>|Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 1999 9:08 AM
u>|To: [email-masked]
u>|Subject: (usr-tc) Web Ramps ?
u>|
u>|
u>|
u>|
u>|We are still running HiPerArc code 4.1.64 due to 4.1.56 breaking the
u>|ability of older Web Ramps to connect.  We are looking to go to a
u>newer |version of HiPerArc code.  Does anyone know if this problem is
u>fixed in |the newer code ?  I couldn't find it in the release notes.
u>Also does |anyone know if the intermittient loss of Radius accounting
u>records is |fixed either ?
u>|

u>4.1.56? What were you given that for? Does 4.1.59-6 not work for you
u>as well?

u>There have been no specific WebRamp issues resolved. There have been
u>fixes to PPP
u>strict checking on HARC and some interaction changes involving the DSP
u>card. These fixes are available in 4.2.32-1 and shortly in a new 4.1
u>service release.
u>If you do not need OSPF, wait for the 4.1 service release or open a
u>support ticket to get it as an ER.

u>As for the RADIUS accouting record loss. A few items have been
u>resolved that may
u>casue this symptom. They are available in a 4.1.x ER now (if you open
u>a ticket).
u>4.2.32-1,  or you can wait for the service release. Opening a ticket
u>would be the
u>better option. Since different factors and configurations may result
u>in the loss
u>of the packet, until further inestigation is done, a fix for your
u>problem cannot
u>be guaranteed.

Mike,

That was a typo on my part.  We are running 4.1.64 instead of 4.1.59-6 
because, as I understand it, you folks put a fix in 4.1.59-6 in the 
HiPerArc code to fix the timing problem you were having with the DSP 
code.  When this happened, it broke the ability for certain Web Ramps to 
connect.  Going back to 4.1.64 was the only solution.  Krish was aware 
of this.  So I am not sure, based upon your comments, whether web ramps 
will work again or not with the 4.2.32-1 code.  As for the accounting 
record loss, this has been a problem for some time now.  I don't know 
exactly what code release introduced the problem but I know we cannot 
turn on concurrency checking on the S/A software because after a few 
hours we will start getting calls about folks not being able to connect.  
Checking the S/A users table will show a connection but looking in the 
HiPerArc they aren't connected.

Thanks,

Jeff Binkley
ASA Network Computing

CMPQwk 1.42 9999

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 15:57:15 +0000

Can anyone tell me the MRTG target to use for tracking modem usage on Quad
modem cards connected to analog lines?

Thanks.

David
__________________________________________________
David Swearingin ([email-masked])
CARROLLTON INTERNET SERVICE (www.carolnet.com)
First Financial Group, Inc.
11 N. Folger, Carrollton, MO  64633
660-542-3002   Fax 660-542-3003

-