Subject: (usr-tc) Looking for Bad Modems

From: "Michael J. Hartwick" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2001 18:29:04 +0000

Hi, we think that we have a bad modem or two in our USR chassis.  How
do I go about checking for it?  I am more used to PortMasters and I am
used to checking with show modem and looking at the number of calls on
each modem.

Any ideas?

Michael

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Michael J. Hartwick, VE3SLQ                      [email-masked]
Hartwick Communications Consulting                      (519) 396-7719
Kincardine, ON, CA                             http://www.hartwick.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Kirk Mitchell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2001 18:40:31 +0000

>used to checking with show modem and looking at the number of calls on

  I have a perl script that will run a check and list modem failure rates.
The package also contains documentation on soft-busying modems through TCM.
http://www.keyconn.net/misc/badmodems.zip

-- 
Kirk Mitchell-General Manager    [email-masked]
Keystone Connect                 Unlock Your World
Altoona, PA  814-941-5000   http://www.keyconn.net

-