Subject: (usr-tc) testing csu/dsu on DSP

From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 19:25:26 +0000

Hi folks...

I've got a CSU/DSU on a HiPer DSP that I *think* may be going bad...not
really sure though.  I'd like to be able to test it, but I'm not really
sure how.  I've got some equipment that can send BERT patterns at it,
but I'm not sure how to set up the DSP to actually deal with that.  I've
gotten it into a line loopback, so I can bounce the pattern off the
loopback, but that's not terribly helpful when you're trying to test the
actual CSU/DSU.  :/  I've found that the DSP can send, what appears to
be a quasi-random signal, but I can't get it to sync up when sending it.

My current setup to try to test this is the DSP card is connected via a
"null-t1" cable to my other equipment (a Cisco 7507 with a multi-channel
port adapter...has integrated CSU/DSU's and ability to run quite a few
different BERT patterns...more capability in this area from 3Com would
be *really* cool to have ;).  I can get the T1's to sync up normally
(non-BERT) by setting the clock source on the Cisco to internal (which
is expected...*someone* has to generate clock...although it seems
they'll coast for a while with both pulling it off the line without
falling out of sync).  I can also set up a loopback on the DSP, and run
anything I want from the cisco and it works (BERT, true T1 signalling,
etc.), but I can't reverse it.  I have tried setting the cisco to have a
loopback and run qrs from the DSP (available via the "cmd sendcode qrs"
command on the console) but it never seems to want to sync up that way.
I've tried all different combinations of clocking sources on the DSP and
cisco with the DSP running qrs, but never can get it to be happy.

Anyone have any knowledge about, or experience with, testing a DSP
CSU/DSU for problems using BERT patterns and the like?
-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Brian Hitchcock <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 1999 21:29:28 +0000

I have what I am sure is a very simple question for most of you to answer.
But what is the command to change the IP address of the NET0 interface?

Brian Hitchcock
KC Web

-