Subject: Re: [USR-TC] V.92 - anyone?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 17:47:53 +0000

Richard,

TCS 4.5 which includes V.92 was posted on 02-26-02.  Service Contracted
customer can download and deploy.  To confirm see
http://totalService.Commworks.com

Thanks,

Tom Goodman

"RG" <[email-masked]>@mailman.xmission.com on 03/03/2002 12:17:31
PM

Please respond to <[email-masked]>

Sent by:  [email-masked]

To:   <[email-masked]>
cc:
Subject:  [USR-TC] V.92 - anyone?

Well, the week of the 25th is over, is the V.92 code available?
Anyone using it?

>From www.modemsite.com/56k/v92s.asp :
"25-Feb-02 - Cisco's V.92 with PCM Upstream - The latest word on PCM
upstream for ISPs using Cisco 5350, 5400, or 5850 RAS with NextPort modems
is now sometime in the second half of this year: July-Dec '02. (The target
was originally by Sep '01 - see 8-Dec-00 and 14-April-01 updates below.
This
item corrected on 1-Mar-02 to change Cisco 5300 to 5350: the 5300 will not
provide PCM upstream support.)

Meanwhile, 3Com's Commworks is supposed to have V.92 code with PCM
available
for ISPs to download this week. My guess is any ISP who actually tries to
use this, and expects no problems, will get a quick wake-up call (that is,
if he can put his modem-on-hold)."

Aloha,
Richard Gamberg, Publisher
www.modemsite.com

_______________________________________________
USR-TC mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/usr-tc