Subject: RE: [USR-TC] Problem with HiperDSP card

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 15:34:12 +0000

Hi Scot,
We see this a lot on Hiper DSP cards when they fail. Try the Z-Modem
procedure through the console port to reload code to it and see if that
works. Most of the cards we see like this have to be sent back to 3Com for
repair.
Thanks, Steve
Solunet TAC

-----Original Message-----
From: Scot Desort [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2002 10:09 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [USR-TC] Problem with HiperDSP card

I have a HiperDSP card in a TC chassis that appears to have failed over
the weekend. The RN/FL light was red, and the FOURTH utilization bar LED
from the bottom was AMBER. I moved the card to another slot, and it
worked OK for 2 days, and failed again. I left the card unplugged
overnight, and plugged it back into the same slot this morning. It is
now working again. But obviously something is wrong.

I know that a red RN/FL is no good, but does the 4th utilization bar
being amber mean anything? Any tests or settings I should check while
the card is in an operational state? 

Not ever having a DSL go bad on me, what is the best course of action --
attempt to have Commworks repair it, replace it with a used card, ???
Card is about 2.5 years old.

Thanks,

Scot

_______________________________________________
USR-TC mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/usr-tc

---

From: Scot Desort <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 12:45:03 +0000

Thanks Steve. I will reload the code when I get a chance. Do I have to
use the Zmodem procedure, or can I do a load through TCM?

--
Scot

> From: [email-masked] 
> [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of 
> [email-masked]
> Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2002 11:35 AM
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: RE: [USR-TC] Problem with HiperDSP card
> 
> 
> Hi Scot,

---

From: Seth Jacobs <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 18:03:43 +0000

Any comments about using the TC1000 as a VOIP solution as compared to the
other alternatives out there?  First, in terms of a "campus wide" style
phone solution, and secondly as a gateway to the wider PSTN?

Seth