Subject: (usr-tc) V.92 Ripoff

From: John Scrivner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 22:37:01 +0000

Do you think USR 3 Commworks will figure out that most of their future
growth is running away from them for EOLing all of their older gear? If
I had a say in their company I would tell the engineers to get busy real
fast and develop a FREE upgrade for V.92 for all cards from Quad through
the 96 Port cards. I have been bled enough and so has the majority of
the other ISP's I talk to. We are getting ready for the cold season when
everyone buys ports. Will you be buying TC's? I doubt I will.
John Scrivner

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 23:52:20 +0000

Also sprach John Scrivner
>I had a say in their company I would tell the engineers to get busy
>real fast and develop a FREE upgrade for V.92 for all cards from Quad
>through the 96 Port cards. I have been bled enough and so has the
>majority of the other ISP's I talk to. We are getting ready for the
>cold season when everyone buys ports. Will you be buying TC's? I doubt
>I will.

Given that they've been told this, explicitely, multiple times and they
exhibit no evidence of understanding this.  No.

Someone seriously needs to slap Irfan Ali upside the head a bit and get
him to realize this.  Perhaps someone needs to slap Bruce Claflin upside
the head to get him to realize the situation as it exists with CommWorks
and us.

I am personally still astounded that Al Huefner still has a job with
CommWorks.  If I were the 3Com shareholder and knew the situation as I
know it as a customer of 3Com, I'd be considering filing a shareholder
lawsuit at the clear incompetence exhibited by not putting this man on
the street.  He is personally responsible for the support policies at
CommWorks, and therefore is personally responsible for the vast majority
of CommWorks' customer loses over the past 3 years.

As a reminder...3Com uses standard email addresses for employees, so
email can be sent to these people, and anyone else in the company, by
using the pattern [email-masked].

[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

That all is, of course, unless your me and your email is blocked at
their email server, because of some bogus claims of violating 3Com's
security.
-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456

-

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 03:24:11 +0000

Is v.92 supported on the HiPerDSP's?  

--
Aaron Nabil

-

---

From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 03:35:51 +0000

Also sprach [email-masked]
>Is v.92 supported on the HiPerDSP's?  

V.92 isn't supported on anything from 3Com yet...as far as I know, its
yet to be released, but the word I've gotten (several times) is that,
yes, it will be supported on HiPerDSPs (single span cards).

Be aware that if you have the older 486 based NMCs, those will need to
be upgraded to support V.92 as well.  This is something that is
apparently catching quite a few folks by surprise...3Com hasn't hidden
this information, but it hasn't gotten the attention the some of the
other EOL'ed products have.
-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456

-