Subject: (usr-tc) OSPF default route problem

From: Mike McHenry <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 04:24:38 +0000

Hello all,

I have been running OSPF on the 4.2.32-1 ARC code for several weeks and have
just started to see a disturbing problem. In certain cases it appears as
though the ARC is replacing it's own default route with the one advertised
in my OSPF broadcasts. My core router is set to advertise the default route
via OSPF with the following IOS config

router ospf 10
 default-information originate always

and in certain non-reproducable cases my chassis decide to favor this OSPF
default route over their own.

Obviously this is NOT correct behavior, OSPF-learned routes should NOT be
favored above static routes and that is what is happening here. After some
time the OSPF hiccups and I am left with several chassis that no longer have
a default route, not good.

Has anyone else run into this issue? I almost wonder if I am getting a
little too many routes in my OSPF area, things have been acting very odd
lately with OSPF in general on my USR TC chassis.

Mike McHenry
 Systems Administrator
 MinnNet Communications, Inc.

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.