Subject: (usr-tc) failed DSP

From: Mike <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 21:41:33 +0000

I have a new DSP card that first of all wouldn't allow me to flash new code
to it through TCM, it kept giving a "TFTP error: Access violation" error.
So I hooked up to the console port and was able to upload the 2.0.51 code to
it.  After I reset the card it came up fine and reported the correct
software version, but after a couple of hours TCM reports the card failed.
I can do a hardware reset and it will be fine for a few more hours, but it
will eventually report failed.  What can I do to resolve this?  Thanks.

--
Mike Wilker
Director of Network Operations
Local Link, Inc.

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Brian <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 00:04:11 +0000

> will eventually report failed.  What can I do to resolve this?  Thanks.

Make sure your write community string is correct.  It sounds like the
issue you are having is more of an NMC issue than a DSP issue.

What NMC code? is it a HiperNMC?  Is the NMC communities set right?

Brian

-----------------------------------------------------
Brian Feeny (BF304)     [email-masked]   
318-222-2638 x 109	http://www.shreve.net/~signal      
Network Administrator   ShreveNet Inc. (ASN 11881) 	      

-

---

From: Mike Wilker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 00:13:25 +0000

I have 8 other DSPs in this chassis, it is a HiperNMC running 6.2.17.

Mike

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2000 4:00 PM
Subject: Re: (usr-tc) failed DSP

-

---

From: Nicolas St-Pierre <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 02:28:19 +0000

Hello Brian,

	If it's a new DSP, perhaps you can check if it's the new DSP model. 
These new cards show up as rev 0.49.0, and are easily recognizable when
you pull them out:

Double Sided, 6 DSPs on one side, 6 DSPs on the back

DIP switch for Console port speed (the previous model had no dip switch
for port speed)

2 empty DSP sockets on each side (used for the E1 model)

Lack of daughterboard (E1) connectors, and

penny sized PPC chips (instead of the rather big PPC chip on the older
rev)

I've had some trouble flashing these cards with TCM, but once I flashed
them to 2.0.51 through the AUX port, they were fine and I was able to
re-flash them succesfully with TCM.

Nick

-- 
Nicolas St-Pierre
Systems Engineer
Internet Access Solutions Ltd.
Tel (905) 469-4953
Fax (905) 469-4954

-