Subject: (usr-tc) CT1 and Remote Pop

From: andrew smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 19:36:34 +0000

This is slightly off-topic:

I am looking to provide dial-up service to few rural towns outside
of our local dialing area. These are *small* rural communities, 20, 30,
and 60 miles away from our main office. I seriously doubt any of these
communities will ever need more than 96 dial-up lines, and many will start
out with just 24-48 lines.

Because of their size, I don't particularly want to put a Total Control 
Chassis in a closet somewhere. I envision doing the following:

1. Having CT1s longhauled back to our main office so everything can be in
a centralized location. Each of these towns are in US Worst's area except
for one, so I don't see any type of foreign exchange fee between telcos.
The one independent telco was going to charge us a small foreign exchange
fee to link with US Worst. I know I will have to pay mileage fees on all
the lines.

My question is, how distance sensitive is a CT1? Has anyone else done
this? Would a CT1 running 60 miles between telcos offer quality 56k access? 
What other technical issues, problems, or financial issues am I overlooking?

-
	andrew

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Mike Wilker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 19:54:22 +0000

Generally if you can go to one of those towns and dial into your POP long
distance with a decent 56k connection, you should get the same results with
a backhauled CT1.  They are for the most part going over the same circuites
between the towns.

----- Original Message -----
From: andrew smith <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 1999 12:30 PM
Subject: (usr-tc) CT1 and Remote Pop

-