Subject: [USR-TC] pap authentcation retries and pap authentication retry limit

From: Andy Furnell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 01:46:59 +0000

Hi there,

Can someone point me in the right direction for findout out how to
configure the following on a Total Control 1000 runnig HiperARC
V5.0.9/Non-Encr:

- Configure a limit on the number of attempts a remote user gets to
  authenticate using PAP. Ideally I want this to just be one attempt,
  after which time the user will be disconneted.
- Configure a timeout on authentication, giving the user a short amount
  of time to attempt authentication, after which time they will be
  disconnected.

I've tried looking in as much documentation as I can find, and the only
thing that comes close is 'set ppp pap_retries #', but I can't seem to
find this command when actually trying to enter it. Is an upgrade in
order, or am I missing something patently obvious? :)

I would be grateful if you could cc me in on the reply, as my
subscription requests have so far been unsuccessful :)

Thanks,

Andy

-- 
Andy Furnell            Claranet UK Ltd.     [email-masked]
Systems Administrator    020 7903 3246            http://www.clara.net