Subject: [USR-TC] finding status of bugs

From: Antonio Querubin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 20:11:17 +0000

Does anybody know of a way to find the status of a specific bug on the
commworks website?  In particular I'm trying to find out whether bug ID
MR12019 has been resolved in the latest HiPer ARC code.  The release notes
don't mention it at all.

---

From: Randy Cosby <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2002 17:04:19 +0000

We've nailed down the USR Winmodem problem with the latest code.  Any
suggestions for a fix?

We connect using the winmodem and immediately (within 5-10 seconds)
start sending/receiving traffic. For example when we connect to just
check email, the modem traffic stops after about 10 seconds.  We stay
connected.  

If we instead log on, wait 15 seconds or so, then do our stuff,
everything's fine.  

This is happening with a number of models of internal USR and OEM
Winmodems. 

---
Update: we tried shutting off CCP, v.44, v.92 options as well as ppp
offloading, same result.

---

From: Randy Cosby <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 15:40:32 +0000

Just an update here.  It appears the problem may be more widespread than
just hangs on the usr/3com winmodems.  I'm getting several reports of
disconnections in the middle of relatively short downloads as well.  I
recommend holding off any planned upgrades out there, or stock up on the
Excedrin.

Randy

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Randy Cosby
Sent: Saturday, March 09, 2002 10:03 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [USR-TC] New Code: Winmodem Bug

---

_______________________________________________
USR-TC mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/usr-tc

---

From: Antonio Querubin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 20:08:02 +0000

On Mon, 11 Mar 2002, Randy Cosby wrote:

> Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 08:38:31 -0700
> From: Randy Cosby <[email-masked]>
> Reply-To: [email-masked]
> Subject: RE: [USR-TC] New Code: Winmodem Bug
>

Is this in the version 3.5.12 HiPer DSP code?  What changes from the
defaults have you configured into the line and modem settings?

---

From: Randy Cosby <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 20:35:44 +0000

Yes, on 3.5.12.

Modem settings that changed from defaults:

Carrier Loss detect: 20
V44 mode: enabled
Rings for Auto Answer: 0
V.92 Master		enable
V.92 Pcm Upstream	enable
V.92 Quick Connect Phase1	enable
V.92 Quick Connect Phase2	enable
V.92 Modem On Hold	timeout8min

I made a few changes to the line settings to work with our switch/T1
(rather than PRI), but no changes since the last version when everything
was working fine.

Randy

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Antonio Querubin
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2002 1:08 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [USR-TC] New Code: Winmodem Bug

On Mon, 11 Mar 2002, Randy Cosby wrote:

> Just an update here.  It appears the problem may be more widespread 
> than just hangs on the usr/3com winmodems.  I'm getting several 
> reports of disconnections in the middle of relatively short downloads 
> as well.  I recommend holding off any planned upgrades out there, or 
> stock up on the Excedrin.

---

From: WayneG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 01:18:21 +0000

What's the status with this bug?
Has anyone rolled out v.92 yet?
Does anyone have any status reports from using v.92?

    -Wayne

---

From: Antonio Querubin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 07:39:41 +0000

> (rather than PRI), but no changes since the last version when everything

Where are the V.92 settings?  I've got 3.5.12 loaded into a HiPer DSP but
I don't see any V.92 parameters in any of the parameter groups.

---

From: "Joe S. Rinehart" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 22:01:56 +0000

It appears that winmodems have a problem with v.92 ;^(

We've rolled it out, telephoned the contract support to verify our
settings, but have not had success with known v.92 modems. We'll probably
revert back to v.90 until appearant issues are resolved.

Joe

> > defaults have you configured into the line and modem settings?

Config.Com, Inc.
Joe Rinehart, Operations Designer
228 South Sycamore Street, Ravenna, Ohio 44266-2924
mailto:[email-masked] * http://www.joerinehart.com/
Office: 330.297.9595 * Toll Free: 1.877.OHIOWEB * Fax: 330.296.4005
Akron/Kent/Mogadore: 330.676.9977 * Aurora/Hiram/Mantua: 330.274.3812
finger:[email-masked] * Home: 330.296.2356 * Home Data/Fax: 330.298.9239