Subject: (usr-tc) NMC NAC troubles + Passwords

From: Dataheart <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 13:33:40 +0000

Howdy,

1. For my NMC I have a High Speed WAN/ Ethernet NIC, which has the
console at the top then 2 v.35 then the 10BaseT at the bottom the seller
told me that they were pulled from a working system, they mush have been
used for Netservers because thats where the jumper was set to when they
arrived.
So I changed the jumper from NAC to NMC then inserted the NMC and it
powers up with the Hub Status light red, the rn/fl light flashing
between red and green and USR written on the 4 character display.

I know the NMC works I have had it working in another rack.

is there anything special I have to do when changing the High Speed
WAN/Ethernet NIC from a netserver to a NMC. New code or something.
Also when this is happening I get nothing on the console

2. I have a NMC with a password on the console. is there any way to
erase this password.

Thank you all,
Aaron

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 14:02:57 +0000

Thus spake Dataheart
>2. I have a NMC with a password on the console. is there any way to

The console password is (I believe) your community string(s).  If you
know the read-write community string for that NMC, put that in for the
password and that should get you access if I remember correctly.
-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456

-