Subject: [USR-TC] 6 Channel Multilink

From: Stephen Bader <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 17:40:27 +0000

We are trying to establish a 6 channel multilink connection using 3 ISDN
lines. We are able to connect with 2 channels and get a 128K
connection, but after we try to bring up the third channel, the connection
becomes unuseable and soon disconnects. We are using a cisco router with 3
BRI interfaces, and have been working with Cisco to build a config that
makes this work. They say it is possible and should work with our current
config.

My quetion is, has anyone else been able to do something like this?
The most channels we have ever bonded has been 2, so I am not sure
if there is something I am missing. Radius is authenticating the user just
fine, so I don't believe it is a cause of the problem. Is this something
that can be done? If so, are there any special configuration options I
should be looking at?

TIA,
-Steve

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stephen Bader                  JORSM Internet, Regional Internet Services
Systems Administrator          7 Area Codes in Chicagoland and NW Indiana
[email-masked]               100Mbps+ Connectivity, 56K-DS3, V.90, ISDN
(219) 322-2180                 Quality Service, Affordable Prices
http://www.jorsm.com           Serving Gov, Biz, Indivds Since 1995
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Todd Bertolozzi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 17:51:27 +0000

I have done something like this in the past. We lost our backhaul ckt due to
a mistaken disconnect and I setup approx 16 channels to dial long distance
and route the data.

3com calls this LAN to LAN routing and has a max of 16 channels that can
bond if I'm not mistaken.  This was a HUGE pain in my #@@ and infact 3com
told me that it could NOT be done after opening a support case with them
even after pointing out that their documentation said that it COULD be done.
After many, many hours of trial and error I was able to get it to work
although instead of going 3com to 3com I dialed out from a cisco nas and
into a 3com nas.

But...it can be done.

Todd

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Stephen Bader
Sent: Monday, July 08, 2002 1:40 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [USR-TC] 6 Channel Multilink

TIA,
-Steve

_______________________________________________
USR-TC mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/usr-tc

---

From: Oliver Francke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 15:05:03 +0000

Steve,

> connection, but after we try to bring up the third channel, the connection

As far as I know, the user "default" on the HARC has got a limitation of
2 channels ( show user default).
So, RADIUS should not only be responsible for authentication, the VSA:

        USR-Max-Channels = 3

that is, from the dictionary:

USR.attr        USR-Max-Channels                38914   integer (1, 0)

as per our merit dict, should be added to the entry.

Hope this helps,

Oliver.

-- 
Was hat bei uns die geringste PopulariTAET?

[email-masked]               fon. +49-5246-80-1389
                                           mob.  +49-171-5597734
I used to have a sig, but I've stopped smoking now.

---

From: Oliver Francke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 21:08:17 +0000

Ooops,

> So, RADIUS should not only be responsible for authentication, the VSA:

*ouch* should read 6, of course, think it's late...

Good luck, Oliver.

[...]

---

From: Stephen Bader <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 21:49:26 +0000

I understood what you meant. I'll give it a try, and let everyone know how
it goes! Thanks a bunch!

-Steve

---

From: Stephen Bader <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 04:16:53 +0000

Setting the string USR-Max-Channels = 6 worked great. Thanks for all the
help!

-Steve