Subject: (usr-tc) static IP address assignments

From: USRobotics TC Mailing List <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 02:25:09 +0000

I'm looking for a way to hand out static IP addresses to specific users on
both HiperArc and NetServer based TC Racks with W2K Radius.

Is there a way to accomplish this, and if so, can anyone help me out or
point me to a web site or documentation with detailed instructions?

Thank you.

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Jim Tarvid <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 02:34:11 +0000

> I'm looking for a way to hand out static IP addresses to specific users
> on both HiperArc and NetServer based TC Racks with W2K Radius.
> 

We use RADIUS to assign static IPs by user. Our usr-tcs assign whatever
RADIUS gives them. If they are currently set to a pool of addresses, I am
sure you can reconfigure to use RADIUS.

Jim Tarvid 

-

---

From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 04:36:53 +0000

Also sprach Jim Tarvid
>RADIUS gives them. If they are currently set to a pool of addresses, I
>am sure you can reconfigure to use RADIUS.

Those two concepts are not mutually exclusive.  You can use a pool of
addresses for general use on the NETServer or Arc (NETServer only let's
you define one pool, Arc will handle just about as many as you want),
and use 255.255.255.255 as your Framed-IP-Address in RADIUS and it'll
pull from the pool.  Or, you can set a real IP address for your
Framed-IP-Address in RADIUS and the NETServer and Arc will use that for
the IP address for that customer.

Ain't standards great?  ;)
-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456

-