Subject: [USR-TC] Questions....

From: Shawn Mitchell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 22:38:48 +0000

I recently aquired a TC1000.... I know nothing about it... no manual's.. no
software came with it...

It has the following cards in it:

HiPer DSP Card (two of them)
Quad V.34 Modem Analog/Dig Modem
EdgeServer Pro
HiPer NMC
PSU (two of them)

Can anyone give me more info on any of these items?

I've tried to get into them via the Console cable off the back of the unit,
but I don't think it uses the same cable as the Cisco's do.... or someone
reset the baud rate on the ports and it's not the default.

The EdgeServer Pro currently runs NT 4.0...   is this needed for correct
operation of the unit?  I've seen unit's like this w/o the EdgeServer in
them, and they work just fine I am told.

I'm wanting to replace NT with Linux or BSD on it for DNS Cache in the unit
is why I ask.

What are the HiPer DSP Cards capable of?

I'm use to Cisco and Lucent (Ascend) equipment... first timer on a TC unit.

Thanks for the info!!

---

From: Dan Houtz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 23:02:39 +0000

You are correct and I had the same problem when I first ordered a used
Total Control. The Total Control uses its only special cable <how nice>.
You can find the Pin out information on CommWorks support
site(www.commworks.com) if you wish to make your own cable or you could
probably order one from WRCA.NET. Talk to Steve Riveria, he's great.
Their number is 800-699-WRCA. Unfortunately, I have no experience with
the EdgeServer card, but the system will operate without it as long as
you add a NetServer Card or a HiperARC. Again, Steve could help you out
their.

Dan Houtz
President / Sys Admin
PennDigital Tech Inc.
Ph: 814-272-5500
Fax: 814-272-5503
www.penndigital.net

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Shawn Mitchell
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2002 6:35 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [USR-TC] Questions....

I recently aquired a TC1000.... I know nothing about it... no manual's..
no
software came with it...

I've tried to get into them via the Console cable off the back of the
unit,
but I don't think it uses the same cable as the Cisco's do.... or
someone
reset the baud rate on the ports and it's not the default.

I'm wanting to replace NT with Linux or BSD on it for DNS Cache in the
unit
is why I ask.

I'm use to Cisco and Lucent (Ascend) equipment... first timer on a TC
unit.

Thanks for the info!!

_______________________________________________
USR-TC mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/usr-tc

---

From: Seth Jacobs <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 23:15:23 +0000

Well, I'm pretty much a newbie myself, but I'll take a stab at it:

The default settings to access the system via the console cable, hyperterm
should be set to:
8/N/1
9600
There may be other settings.

The Edge Server Pro is not need to use the unit to accept and route calls.

The HiperDSP are capable of taking 23 or 24 calls, depending upon how they
are configured.

You didn't mention a HiperArc card.  I don't think the unit can be used
without one.  That's the router.

We use the TCM software to manage our unit.

We also use TotalScrutinizer to analyze connections.  Best $90 bucks I ever
spent.

Seth

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shawn Mitchell" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2002 3:34 PM
Subject: [USR-TC] Questions....

no
unit,
unit
unit.

---

From: Support <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 16:13:17 +0000

$90?  It's $250 on their site...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Seth Jacobs" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2002 5:12 PM
Subject: Re: [USR-TC] Questions....

someone