Subject: (usr-tc) Netserver / ARP

From: Brian <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 00:52:47 +0000

Has anyone ever heard of a netserver spoiling the ARP cache of a Cisco
(don't ask me how, it just happens).

Like imagine a lan, with a cisco router, and a netserver on that lan.  You
traceroute like www.yahoo.com, and it goes to the cisco, and then to the
netserver!  "sh ip route" on the cisco shows it should take "default",
show ip redirects is empty, show arp looks
normal............yet........"clear arp" fixes the problem!  proxyarp
disabled on the netserver........this is on 3.8.1..........

-----------------------------------------------------
Brian Feeny (BF304)     [email-masked]   
318-222-2638 x 109	http://www.shreve.net/~signal      
Network Administrator   ShreveNet Inc. (ASN 11881) 	      

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.