Subject: [USR-TC] Help with OLD gear

From: Charles Sprickman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2002 23:00:17 +0000

Hi,

Looking for someone with good knowledge of Netserver-era TC stuff...

I have an old 45A chassis with an NMC, Netserver PRI, and 6 "Quad Analog"
cards (hw rev. 0.2.0 and 2.0.0) with analog NICs.  These modems all show
up as "AIP" on the Netserver.  If I stick in a newer Quad Digital card in
the chassis, it comes up fine as "ARP", but it's kind of useless, since it
can't talk to an analog NIC.

I don't go back that far, the oldest card I ever saw was a Quad
Analog/Digital.  Is there a chance that these analog cards were not made
to work with the Netserver?  I can talk to them on the DTE ports on the
analog nics, so they work, but I don't see a way to tell them NOT to talk
to the DTE ports but to use the packet bus.  Someone also mentioned that
they may talk to a Netserver, but NOT a Netserver PRI.  Any truth in that?
I just don't know about stuff that old, and any docs for this stuff are
long gone from the Commworks site it seems.

Thanks,

Charles

--
Charles Sprickman
[email-masked]

---

From: V <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2002 23:49:08 +0000

The Quad Analog modem will not work with the NETServer, it was never
designed to work.

-V
----- Original Message -----
From: "Charles Sprickman" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, July 05, 2002 6:00 PM
Subject: [USR-TC] Help with OLD gear

> _______________________________________________
> USR-TC mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/usr-tc

---

From: Terry Kennedy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2002 09:58:03 +0000

I am not sure what you are referring to . I have a lot quad modems working
with old netservers.

The question is weather the quad digital will work with a NIC or or not and
I have been told they do not. You need to use the Analog/digital Quads if
you are going to use the NIC.

TK

---

From: Terry Kennedy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2002 16:00:25 +0000

Sorry about that last post. Misread the original. 3rd card called the analog
only. I was referrring to the analog/digital cards.

---

From: Marshall Morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2002 04:07:15 +0000

True Dat:

Quad Analog - no netserver/arc (works well with Livingston PM25's and 30's)
Quad Analog/Digital - yes netserver/arc
Quad Digital - yes netserver/arc

Marshall Morgan

Internet Doorway, Inc (aka NETDOOR)
http://www.netdoor.com

601.969.1434 x28 | 800.952.1570 x28 | 601.969.3629 x28 | Fax 601.969.3838
----- Original Message -----
From: "Terry Kennedy" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, July 06, 2002 11:00 AM
Subject: Re: [USR-TC] Help with OLD gear

> > > the chassis, it comes up fine as "ARP", but it's kind of useless,
since
> it

---

From: Charles Sprickman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 05:39:17 +0000

Thanks again to all!  It's good to see this list coming alive again...

Charles

--
Charles Sprickman
[email-masked]