Subject: (usr-tc) OID for IdleTime?

From: Jason Englander <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 07:00:22 +0000

I'm running the new HiPerARC code (and NMC, DSP) and I've seen "list
sessions counters", but I'd sure love to be able to pull that by
SNMP...  Anyone know, if there is one, what the OID is for it?  Numeric
preferably.

  Jason

-- 
Jason Englander <[email-masked]>
Systems Administrator - InterLink L.C.

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Mike Andrews <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 23:17:08 +0000

A quick "grep -i idle" on hiperarc.mib shows uumActiveSessionIdleTime,
which works out to .1.3.6.1.4.1.429.4.2.1.46.1.9.  I haven't tried this
yet, but I'm about to...  I could use this and I hadn't noticed they'd
added it.  Thanks :)

Mike Andrews (MA12) * [email-masked] * http://www.bit0.com/
VP, sysadmin, & network guy, Digital Crescent Inc, Frankfort KY
Internet services for Frankfort, Lawrenceburg, Owenton, Shelbyville
www.fark.com: If it's not news, it's Fark.  (Or something like that.)

-

---

From: Jason Englander <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 11:14:19 +0000

> yet, but I'm about to...  I could use this and I hadn't noticed they'd

Thank YOU :-)  The mib says that .1.3.6.1.4.1.429.4.2.1.46.1.9 should be
username, right?  Does it work for you?

I tried it on 5 ARCs and get this every time:

enterprises.429.4.2.1.46.1.11.3.97.100.109 = ""
enterprises.429.4.2.1.46.1.11.3.97.110.110 = ""
enterprises.429.4.2.1.46.1.11.4.114.111.111.116 = ""
enterprises.429.4.2.1.46.1.11.7.100.101.102.97.117.108.116 = ""

?

  Jason

-

---

From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 14:03:47 +0000

Also sprach Jason Englander
>enterprises.429.4.2.1.46.1.11.3.97.100.109 = ""
                               3.a .d  .m
>enterprises.429.4.2.1.46.1.11.3.97.110.110 = ""
                               3.a .d  .n
>enterprises.429.4.2.1.46.1.11.4.114.111.111.116 = ""
                               4.r  .o  .o  .t
>enterprises.429.4.2.1.46.1.11.7.100.101.102.97.117.108.116 = ""
                               7.d  .e  .f  .a .u  .l  .t

The first number indicates the number of characters.
-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456

-

---

From: David Hamilton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 16:21:13 +0000

Is this what you want?

snmpwalk xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx [community-string] .1.3.6.1.4.1.429.4.10.1.1.18

enterprises.429.4.10.1.1.18.2540 = OCTET STRING: ""
enterprises.429.4.10.1.1.18.2793 = OCTET STRING: ""
enterprises.429.4.10.1.1.18.2794 = OCTET STRING: ""
enterprises.429.4.10.1.1.18.2795 = OCTET STRING: ""
enterprises.429.4.10.1.1.18.2796 = OCTET STRING: ""
enterprises.429.4.10.1.1.18.3049 = OCTET STRING: "brookstammy"
enterprises.429.4.10.1.1.18.3050 = OCTET STRING: "huck"
enterprises.429.4.10.1.1.18.3051 = OCTET STRING: "kc005"
enterprises.429.4.10.1.1.18.3052 = OCTET STRING: "glicari"
enterprises.429.4.10.1.1.18.3305 = OCTET STRING: "calypso"
enterprises.429.4.10.1.1.18.3306 = OCTET STRING: "sbear99"
enterprises.429.4.10.1.1.18.3307 = OCTET STRING: "websource"
enterprises.429.4.10.1.1.18.3308 = OCTET STRING: ""
enterprises.429.4.10.1.1.18.3561 = OCTET STRING: "coresmit"
enterprises.429.4.10.1.1.18.3562 = OCTET STRING: ""
enterprises.429.4.10.1.1.18.3563 = OCTET STRING: "selby1"
enterprises.429.4.10.1.1.18.3564 = OCTET STRING: ""
enterprises.429.4.10.1.1.18.3817 = OCTET STRING: ""
enterprises.429.4.10.1.1.18.3818 = OCTET STRING: "tfcloggers"
enterprises.429.4.10.1.1.18.3819 = OCTET STRING: ""
enterprises.429.4.10.1.1.18.3820 = OCTET STRING: ""
enterprises.429.4.10.1.1.18.4073 = OCTET STRING: ""

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked]
> [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Jason Englander
> Sent: Friday, June 09, 2000 5:09 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: (usr-tc) OID for IdleTime?
> 
> 

-

---

From: Mike Andrews <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 19:07:22 +0000

Jeff already pointed out that the username is encoded in the OID itself.
(3.97.100.109 = 3 bytes, ascii 97, ascii 100, ascii 109... so "adm").

You're looking at the ...46.1.11 tree though, not 46.1.9 which is where
idle times are stashed.  46.1.8 has the session start time, 46.1.7 has IP
addresses, and 46.1.6 has port names.  Actually, just start at
.1.3.6.1.4.1.429.4.2.1.46.1 and you'll find a good deal of stuff there.

I rewrote my pmwho emulator (arcwho) to use this new table yesterday and
damned if it doesn't run 50% faster AND show idle times now.  This is
pretty cool. :)

-

---

From: Jason Englander <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 00:41:43 +0000

> damned if it doesn't run 50% faster AND show idle times now.  This is

I was about to do the same for my version of arcwho (webified,
specific to our system) until I saw your notes in arcwho about the memory
leak.

Mine is using SNMP_Session and BER to map_table .1.3.6.1.4.1.429.4.10.1.1
I figured if I could construct the oid, I could snmpget the idle value for
each user, but with .1.3.6.1.4.1.429.4.10.1.1 I don't have the session ID
to tack on to it... (correct me if I'm wrong please, I don't have a mib
browser)

Something like this could work as an alternative, if I had the session id:

  my $char="";
  my $i=0;
  my $tc_idle_oid_ext=".".length($user);
  while ($i < length($user)) {
          $char=substr($user,$i,1);
          $tc_idle_oid_ext .= "." . ord($char);
          $i++;
  }
  my $tc_idle_oid="1.3.6.1.4.1.429.4.2.1.46.1.9";
  $tc_idle_oid .= $tc_idle_oid_ext;
  ($idletime)=snmpget($nas,$community,$tc_idle_oid);

Any ideas?

  Jason

-

---

From: System Administrator <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 20:17:36 +0000

This question is actually for my Cable Access Router, but it's the same
hardware and similar code as a HiperARC...

How does a person disable the broadcasting of the Multicast route on a
HiperARC?

__________________________________
Justin Ellison
System Administrator
InternetUSA
[email-masked]
http://nebi.com
800-603-3502

-

---

From: Ved <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 15:10:30 +0000

This is a trick question, for if you have rip version 2 enabled, the default
mode to advertise the routes is multicast, you can add broadcast too, by
setting the send_compat mode in rip policies but that does not stop from
advertising the route in multicast mode by rip.  If you do have rip or if
you rip version 1 then there is no multicast advertisement.  Also you should
make sure that you disable all igmp setting to disable multicast.

This is same for Hiper, MarC,CableArc -

V

----- Original Message -----
From: "System Administrator" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2000 1:19 PM
Subject: (usr-tc) Kinda sorta off topic

-