Subject: (usr-tc) problem with packet filter and radius

From: Jesse Schachter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 23:32:32 +0000

I am using a U.S. Robotics Total Control with NETServer Card V.34/ISDN
with Frame Relay V3.3.28. For authentication, I use a RADIUS server,
Livingston RADIUS 2.1 1999/6/23.

On my Total Control, I have the following filter:

ct1> show filter filter1
- IP rules -
 1 permit 0.0.0.0/0 192.150.81.179/32 tcp  
 2 permit 192.150.81.179/32 0.0.0.0/0 tcp  
 3 deny   0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0 ip  

I have the following entry in the users file:

perks4u         Password="xxx"
                Framed-Protocol = PPP,
                Framed-Filter-Id = "filter1",
                Framed-Netmask = 255.255.255.255
                User-Service-Type = Framed-User

When I try to dial in as this user, I get connected, then immediately
disconnected. The following appears in the syslog:

Aug 23 13:15:05 ct1 acct 02000160 dialnet: port S9 perks4u
succeeded dest 206.43.246.26
Aug 23 13:15:06 ct1 remote_connect: Packet filter does not
exist. User perks4u disconnected.

If anyone can shed some light as to why the NAS is claiming that the
filter doesn't exist when it clearly does, that would be appreciated. 

_.,+=~`^"-.,_.,+=~`^"-*.,_.,+=~'`^"-.,_.,+=~`^"-.,_.,+=~`^"-
Jesse Schachter           .,.   Systems Administrator
The Protosource Network   .,.   Main Number: (888) 643-8558
<[email-masked]>     .,.   Fax:         (559) 490-8630
_.,+=~`^"-.,_.,+=~`^"-.,_.,+=~`^"-.,_.,+*=~`^"-.,_.,+=%~`^"-

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Scott Trautman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 23:56:14 +0000

You're not matching the filtername.

You need both

filter1.in
filter1.out

...even if one of them is blank.

It's looking for filter1.in, your filtername is only filter1

SMT

Scott M. Trautman               800-482-4638
Global Dialog Internet          608-240-4638,4637fax
2810 Crossroads, STE LL2         [email-masked]
Madison WI 53718                    http://www.gdinet.com

-

---

From: Mr DOL <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 04:26:50 +0000

Did you remove dun/tcp from customer pc then reinstall it?

-