Subject: (usr-tc) ISDN Problem with Netgear RH348

From: Steve Coleman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 07:30:34 +0000

Can't seem to get this unit working in any configuration.  We have are using
the HiperArc and HiperDSP with the latest code on both.  The connection will
establish and work for a few minutes, but it keeps resetting, usually after
3-5 minutes.  This happens if the Netgear calls in using NAT, calls in using
a routed subnet, or if the HiperARC calls the Netgear.  Idle timers on both
ends have been set to 0.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve Coleman
Computer Solutions

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Ken Kirchner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 01:18:27 +0000

> ends have been set to 0.  Any ideas?

Latest code as in 4.2.32-1 on the ARC? Hmm.  I know we are running
2.0.81/4.1.59 and my Netgear RT-328 at the house hasnt had any problems.
I use NAT also.  Your Netgear is using v1.50 frimware I hope?
  ___                                                         ___
 (___) Kenneth Kirchner    .o.  mailto:[email-masked]       (___)  
  (__) Asst SysAdmin       .o.  Voice (318) 222-2638 Ext 108 (__)
   (_) ShreveNet, Inc.     .o.  Fax   (318) 213-6612         (_)

-

---

From: Steve Coleman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 04:55:26 +0000

It turned out to be a CHAP problem.  It would authenticate and work for
about 3 minutes, then the CHAP timed out and disconnected.  I switched to
PAP and it's been fine.

Thanks.

----- Original Message -----
From: Ken Kirchner <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 1999 5:02 PM
Subject: Re: (usr-tc) ISDN Problem with Netgear RH348

-