Subject: RE: [USR-TC] Anybody have v.92 working yet?

From: Scott Trautman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 13:59:03 +0000

You know, for all the anger and bitterness out there from customers, Thomas
(on the other side of the fence) makes quite a bit of sense.

I know for my part, having now gotten, what, like 4 years worth of use out
of my DSP's/ARC's, 6 years including quads, NetserverPRI's,
that they're long since bought and paid for. And I expect they'll continue
to run for years to come.
And the fact that I'm now NOT on equipment change #4, is worth something as
well. Real glad I didn't
stick with Ascend (2 months). Real glad I didn't stick with Livingston (6 mo
of hell in '96). So, picked the right horse, even though
I definately want to shoot the horse sometimes, mostly related to
support/software kinds of issues, NOT
the product itself, which I all too often forget.

That, though, being said before I get the complete picture on what it's all
going to cost to upgrade--
Sure, I expect it's going to cost me something. And, you know, I think I'm a
reasonable person when it comes to such things;
if it's obnoxious, well, then it is. If it's reasonable, I'll probably buy.

Can anyone still make it "real simple" as to what this upgrade will cost? I
get fatigued by the umpteen
pager 9 words where 1 would do; some kind of chart, picture, you know, for
me, bein' simple an' all...:^)

SMT
 
Scott M. Trautman
Global Dialog Internet
2810 Crossroads, STE LL2
Madison WI 53718

---

From: Russ Miescke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 21:10:12 +0000

That is all well and good, but for those of us who purchased the equipment
recently, it bites to have to pay more for what we are still paying off.
Also, once you find out what is going to cost, you may be singing a
different tune.  I sure am.

Russ Miescke
Power Web Connect

----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott Trautman" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2002 2:58 PM
Subject: RE: [USR-TC] Anybody have v.92 working yet?

> _______________________________________________
> USR-TC mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/usr-tc
>

---

From: Charles Sprickman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 03:19:30 +0000

And Thomas conveniently omitted their competing product, the Ascend/Lucent
TNT boxes.  Those alone count for about 60% or more of the installed base
of dial gear (UUNet, BBN, Earthlink, etc. etc.).

Charles

| Charles Sprickman                  | Internet Channel
| INCH System Administration Team    | (212)243-5200
| [email-masked]                     | [email-masked]