Subject: (usr-tc) TSMON

From: Kevin Hemsley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 23:09:38 +0000

Is anyone using TSMON?  We have been using TSMON for quite a while.
Squashduck seems to have dried up.  I am having some problems with HyperARCs
and wanted to confirm the configuration options.  We are running 2.2b18
which I think was the last release he put out.  It isn't recognizing all the
active ports.  Does anyone have a config snippit they would be willing to
share.  I have tstype set to USRHiPerCard and I have played with different
port settings, but can't seem to get it to see all the ports on my
HyperARCs.  I thought things were working fine. It has run so long without
any babying that maybe I just haven't noticed that it wasn't working
correctly.  With no source to work with, it may eventually have to be
replaced with something else.
----------------------------------
Kevin Hemsley
Systems Engineer
Microserv Computer Technologies, Inc.
[email-masked]
KB7TYA

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Jim Tarvid <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 23:56:38 +0000

On 25 Apr 2001 15:05:32 -0600, Kevin Hemsley wrote:
> Is anyone using TSMON?  

What is TSMON? I have been looking for a Linux alternative to TCM. I
could probably learn to live with the SNMP tree walkers.

Jim Tarvid

-

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 23:58:35 +0000

It is a port monitor which also handles multiple logins!  Nice
stuff!

==============================================================================
Phillip Ferraro				WorldNet Access, Inc
[email-masked]	Onslow County's PREMIER InterNet Service 
Voice (910) 346-0835		    824 Gumbranch Square, Suite Q
FAX   (910) 455-1933		     Jacksonville, Nc  28540-6269
==============================================================================

-

---

From: Jonathan Byrne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 07:27:36 +0000

> 	It is a port monitor which also handles multiple logins!  Nice

Where can it be found?  Google turned up several references to
www.tsmon.com but that site seems to have gone off the air.

Thanks,

Jonathan

-

---

From: Stephen Amadei <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 11:16:25 +0000

> www.tsmon.com but that site seems to have gone off the air.

I've never looked at tsmon closely as it is commercial... so I'm not 
sure exactly what it does, but I use a script that sounds like it is
similar.

I found this a long time ago and modified it to work well for us...
it only works for HiPer ARCs.  Sorry NetServer users.  I cannot
remember the original source, so I cannot give credit where credit is due.
Anyway, the code is very raw, free to use, but I am not providing support
beyond the readme file... I don't have the time.  Also, the code could
expose passwords to the internet if not properly secured.

If you are still interested, it's at www.dandy.net/~amadei/tcmon

It also includes our Web Auth tester, to test userid/passwords through
the ARC.

					----Steve
Stephen Amadei
Dandy.net CTO
Atlantic City, NJ

-

---

From: Kevin Tucker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 22:12:34 +0000

Customer logs in ARC chassis and gets assigned a static IP 63.166.56.52.
ARC chassis IP is 205.198.244.x
He gets authenticated but can't go anywhere.  I ask him what his default
gateway is and it is his ISDN terminal: 63.166.56.52
He can't set a default gateway on his machine - Windows 2000 Enterprise
server - do he is probably getting assigned one from the ARC and guess
what - it is an IP address from the 205 network.
Question:  Can you have 2 default gateways on a chassis and assign both to
customers?  Or is it better to but a static route in?
Thanks,

Kevin - Tucker Communications, Inc

-

---

From: Kevin Tucker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 00:11:41 +0000

OK, next question.  One of my DSP's keeps giving me a linkAbort(44) stat for
Reason for call termination.  Any ideas?

Kevin - Tucker Communications

-