Subject: (usr-tc) Transmission problems

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 19:35:06 +0000

We have a user who has been having problems with their dialup connection
from the day they started with us.  They are complaining about the typical
"stalling problem" and their application (a stock tracking application)
dying which is causing them to have to do a reboot on Win95.  To make
matters worse they have a Lucent Winmodem.  I have sent them the latest
software but it doesn't seem to help.  They are getting a solid 28.8kbs
connection. I looked at theor modem stats in TCM, when they were
connected, and the analog stats look fine.  However, when I look at Call
Stats I am seeing some strange numbers:

Number of characters sent        2664304
Numebr of charcters received      398400
Number of blocks sent              37255
Number of blocks received          19320
Numebr of retrains requested           0
Number of characters lost              0
Link block errors                   1160
Number of link protocol timeouts     265
Number of NAKS sent                 1919
Gain recalculation count               0

Do these numbers seem normal ?  I checked other calls and the results
of my observations are unconclusive.  I am open to suggestions.  Of
course with their other ISP (where they lived previously) they didn't
have this problem.

Jeff Binkley
ASA Network Computing

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.