Subject: (usr-tc) CT1 on dual-T1 card

From: "Stainforth, Matthew" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 00:23:37 +0000

I'm having a bit of trouble getting a channelized T1 circuit to work over a
dual T1 card.  I know the circuit works okay because I had it up on a DSP
card a few minutes ago and have been making test calls for a month no
problem.  Having eyeballed the settings from card to card and transferring
them as best I could, I'm still having a problem.  The call appears to go
through and sieze a modem but the modem LED turns red and all that is heard
is a high pitched tone.  I plugged all this into 3KB and came up with
problem ID:1.0.29434755.2181891:  

Please follow these steps: 
1. Call telephone company and do two-way tone tests on the Quad Modems with
them. Within Total Control Manager, open the menu Fault then select Remote
Testing for "Send a Tone" and 'Receive a Tone" 
2. Upon tone tests see which path is not generating transponder tones at a
particular db level and once identified, telco will fix that path and modems
will negotiate calls fine thereafter. Note: Possible sources include NULL
ANI/DNIS fields or improper DSO call seizure with missing off-hook condition
(E&M Type 2 trunks).

However, the same circuit worked fine for a month over a HiPerDSP.  It's
entirely possible that I'm missing something obvious since I have always
used PRI for quads up to this point.  Is there something obvious that I'm
missing?  I'm using (and these options work fine on the DSP): ESF, B8ZS, No
Dial In Address, Wink Start, eAndMTypeII trunk, and DTMF tones.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Matthew Stainforth  ||  Technical Services Manager ||  BrunNet Inc.

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.