Subject: (usr-tc) pri dsp d-channel problem

From: Steve McConnell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 19:32:31 +0000

I have a new PRI (new DSP card for that matter) installed in an existing
chassis.

I am getting a LPBK/D-Chan red alarm on the new span. So I am obviously
getting no calls being terminated on my equipment.

When I pull up a com session into the DSP and do a display d-chan  , I get

span1> display d-chan
   Span1 D-channel Operational is:  DOWN

software:
Software Version   2.0.19
Regulatory Version 1.0

Other than this all looks fine, it is supposedly configed the same as an
existing circuit which is working fine.
My DSPs are configged the same way. Sprint has dispatched a tech and says
that all is fine as far as they can see.
 Is it possible that I have missed a setting somewhere that would cause
this same reaction?

steve

Steve McConnell                                  
EMJI 
919-303-3217
888-258-8959

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Steve McConnell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 19:55:09 +0000

Never mind.

Losers at sprint did not have the d-channel turned on. 

For a week, I have been calling them every single day, sometimes hourly,
checking on the ticket, asking to speak to provisioning (because I was
pretty sure this was the problem) telling them the D-channel was not turned
on.

So today I waste the entire day sitting here waiting for sprint to dispatch
a tech to come ourt and look (for the 4th time) at the circuit (never mind
that I freaking told them it was a d-channel/provisioning problem)

Unbelievable.

Thanks matthew for the fast response.

Works like a dream now...

steve

Steve McConnell                                  
EMJI 
919-303-3217
888-258-8959

-

---

From: Dataheart <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 09:54:32 +0000

You know I had the exact same problem with my telco yesterday.

Thanks,
Aaron

-