Subject: (usr-tc) Filter

From: Jamie Orzechowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 16:10:38 +0000

I am trying to create an ARC filter that will make ALL HTTP traffic redirect
to one specific site.

We would like have filter so that any late payment people will still be able
to login but they will be redirected to a website informing them that their
bill is due.

would also like the filter to not allow any traffic other than HTTP.

any ideas?

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Charles Sprickman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 16:34:21 +0000

> I am trying to create an ARC filter that will make ALL HTTP traffic redirect

This is something the ARC can't do, but it is possible...
 
> to login but they will be redirected to a website informing them that their

There was a discussion about this very thing some time back.  Basically
you will need to set your delinquent customers up in such a way that they
will receive a different default route.  Point that route to a FreeBSD box
running ipfilter with the transproxy module and run squid on it. 

That's the skinny.  It's possible, but I've not done it, so I don't have
details.  If there's any Cisco route-map smarties on the list, they can
probably find a way to do this without an extra machine at your pop...

> would also like the filter to not allow any traffic other than HTTP.

You could also redirect 25 and 110 to the box and have dummy smtp/pop
servers that supply errors stating that "your account is past due, please
call billing @ xxx-xxx".  A nice starting point is "dpop" which is a dummy
popper.  Altavista should turn up it's location.

Charles

-

---

From: Dataheart <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 17:53:56 +0000

One thing you could do would be to write a script that changes that particular
users FRAMED-IP-ADDRESS radius attribute to something on say a 192.168 network
and using the route-map feature in your cisco(if you have a cisco) for forward
all traffic on that 192.168 network to A web site say
http://outoftime.yourdomain.com/ and with that same access list you could deny
all other traffic.

NOTE: I have never implemented this, but I like the idea of informing the user
that they are out of time so I will do it within the coming weeks.

Thanks,
Aaron

-

---

From: "Brian A. Burgmeier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 1999 04:31:19 +0000

Micah,

Maybe with the new radius that you set up, you could figure out a way to have
certain users assign a certain IP that take them to a "Your Bill is Due" web page
and prevents them from going anywhere else?

-