Subject: Re: (usr-tc) OID for HiperDSP -Reply -Reply

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 20:52:41 +0000

I do have it.  It's in a PHP3 script I wrote to monitor users online,
speed, time, in/out bytes etc.

I just tried your's to see if the number was of any use, and it barfed.

actually if you use the OID you do not need the mib file.  the mib file is
ONLY for OID->human readable form.  you can delete the entire
/usr/local/share/snmp/mibs directory and snmp will still work fine.  so
it's not a problem with the mib file... the oid just wasn't right.

Paul Farber
Farber Technology
[email-masked]
Ph  570-628-5303
Fax 570-628-5545

On Wed, 1 Dec 1999, Campbell Simpson wrote:

> Paul
> 
> You should have the usrCip MIB (1.3.6.1.4.1.429.4.10). Originally we had to do a walk of the NMC card to find the number of active sessions, but we asked our vendor for some development so that we could just perform one snmp get for the total number of active sessions on a NAS or on a DSP card. Apparently here in NZ we get slightly different software releases to others. If you don't have the MIB then have a talk to your vendor and see what they say.
> 
> Campbell 
> 
> 

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Wayne Barber <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 21:42:01 +0000

My 2 cents on the OID issue: Here's what I use in mrtg.cfg to get the number
of current users:
Target[tcpool]:
.1.3.6.1.4.1.429.4.2.1.10.0&1.3.6.1.4.1.429.4.2.1.10.0:public@
arc1.tidewater.net +
.1.3.6.1.4.1.429.4.2.1.10.0&1.3.6.1.4.1.429.4.2.1.10.0:[email-masked]
.net

This checks two different HiperARCs and adds the totals together. The
hiperarc.mib file says the OID I'm checking is:

        usrUserManActiveUsers   OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX  Counter
        ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS  mandatory
        DESCRIPTION
                "The number of active users"
        ::= { usrUserManGroup 10 }

I could not get this to work with snmpget, but snmx (a command line snmp
tool) lets me get there using UNIX-like commands.

Wayne Barber
Coastal Telco Services

-