Subject: (usr-tc) Interface load SNMP data on Netservers?

From: Scott Trautman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 06:51:21 +0000

Sooo...to explain the inevitable question about why using a Netserver rather
than ARC's for this...
 
I tried PRIME on HiperDSP/ARC for ISDN. Beyond some really strange behavior
whereby ISDN customers w/two channels would be admin reset about every 2
minutes, figured out that using TSMON for ISDN and modems together would be
pretty much impossible with the way TSMON works and way ARC's show user
connections anyway. Oh well.

I've put the PRIME (for ISDN only mind you) on a chassis with Netserver,
Dual T1 card. Workin' like a charm. But, we'd desire to get byte flow
information from the individual interfaces, as we do via PM*'s, and actually
no problem with ARC's, but just can't seem to get much of any SNMP response
from Netservers even though SNMP is turned on.

Any ideas? Zat just the way it works? In the next release of Netserver code?
(joke..I make joke...I know I know already..)
 
Thanks!
 
SMT

Scott Trautman           608-240-4638,4637fax
Global Dialog Internet   www.gdinet.com
2810 Crossroads, STE LL2
Madison WI 53718 

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 07:13:59 +0000

Thus spake Scott Trautman

>(joke..I make joke...I know I know already..)

Heh...good joke...too bad its on all of us.  :)

To answer your question....the NETServer only supports bare-bones
MIB-II, so you'll get nothing out of the enterprises tree at all.  I
believe MIB-II does include byte counts on interfaces...though its
cumulative, so you'll have to figure out how to correlate that to
individual users.  :/  Not pretty, but you might be able to do what you
need with it.
-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456

-