Subject: (usr-tc) contacting 3com re: v.92 updates and support issues

From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 21:41:37 +0000

Hey folks...

I've had some minor feedback regarding the v.92 update and support
issues.  Apparently, some folks have contacted Al Huefner and Irfan Ali
concerning some of these issues.

Let me issue another plea...

If you haven't contacted these folks concerning your issues, please do.
If you've already decided to leave 3Com, let them know why.  If you're
thinking about leaving, let them know why.  If you're not happy, let
them know why.

3Com does *NOT* officially monitor this list at all, so making
statements here on this list is basically a waste of time and bandwidth.

Again, their email addresses are [email-masked], and
[email-masked].  Again, Irfan Ali is the President of Commworks, Al
Huefner is a VP there in charge of support.

As a personal plea, those of you that still have quads, particularly if
you have a large quantity of them, please let them know.  I'm
*extremely* pissed at the EOL'ing of these still-perfectly-useable
cards, and they clearly haven't a clue what the installed base is.

If you do get feedback from folks at 3Com, please let the list know so
that we can coordinate.

Thanks!
-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: mark ross <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 02:06:28 +0000

Hi all,
I just sent mine in....

Sirs,
I am writing to let you know that we have been supporters of the
USR/3com TC 1000 RAS servers for many years and we have quite a few of
your products in our pop's.

We are not a large ISP (our dialup subscriber base is about 2,000) so we
don't really have any need to upgrade to the newest high density RAS
servers. The quad modem cards have performed very well in the past and
our customers have been very happy with them. 

Our concern is that we are not seeing any support for v.92 updates for
the quad modem cards (We would be happy to pay for this support). Please
reconsider your decision to support the newer protocols on the quad
modem card..

Thank You

Mark Ross
California City Internet Inc.

-