Subject: RE: [USR-TC] DSP Down

From: Kirk Mitchell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 13:18:30 +0000

At 03:48 PM 2/15/02 -0500, [email-masked] wrote:
>You can also try doing a "Load From" from within TCM software if your PRIs
>are configured the same as on your other cards. If you have another DSP card
>that is functioning properly and the PRI has the same settings load from
>that DSP to your DSP you're having problems with, reboot it and see if it
>begins taking calls.

  Tried that. Went through settings, then loaded from a known good card and
checked again. Saved to NVRAM and rebooted, no change. Double-checked
settings to make sure they held through reboot, fine.

>The T1 plug mentioned by Charles is a great tool to rule out a hardware
>problem on the card for D-channel too. If it goes "green" I would look to
>Verizon.
>The easiest thing to do if your PRIs are configured the same way is to swap
>one from a known working card. You will drop all the calls on the card but
>that is the quickest and easiest way. Then you can go directly to Verizon
>and tell them without a doubt they have it configured wrong without going
>through all their loopback tests.

  Was finally able to do this this morning. The problem followed the line
to new slot and good line in "bad" slot came up fine. It's definately
Verizon's problem.

Thanks,

-- 
Kirk Mitchell-General Manager    [email-masked]
Keystone Connect                 Unlock Your World
Altoona, PA  814-941-5000   http://www.keyconn.net