Subject: (usr-tc) Analog Quad Disconnects

From: Christopher Berry <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 22:57:24 +0000

We have one rack of POTS lines hooked into Quad Analog/Digital cards. At what seems to be random intervals, the rack disconnects everyone or resets. I was watching once while it happened, and managed to get to modem events in TCM before someone dialed  in and saw an error message:

"pbReceivedLsWhileLinkUp"

I can't find an explanation of this in any documentation. Can anyone explain this error, or tell me where to look for an explanation?

Thanks in advance,

Christopher Berry
rof.net Web Design and Technical Support
(970) 945-4920 x17

---

From: Ray Whelan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 10:55:41 +0000

Hi Christopher,

pbReceivedLsWhileLinkUp(55)  'PACKET BUS - Received LS while Link Up'

An error occurred in the packet bus link layer.  The modem received a request to
start a new link, when it was already in a link.  So, the current link is
dropped and a new link is attempted.

Possible problem with modem in one of your slots.

Hope it helps
Regards
Ray Whelan

"Christopher Berry" <[email-masked]> on 22/02/2000 20:52:55

Please respond to [email-masked]

Sent by:  "Christopher Berry" <[email-masked]>

To:   [email-masked]
cc:    (Ray Whelan/IE/3Com)
Subject:  (usr-tc) Analog Quad Disconnects

We have one rack of POTS lines hooked into Quad Analog/Digital cards. At what
seems to be random intervals, the rack disconnects everyone or resets. I was
watching once while it happened, and managed to get to modem events in TCM
before someone dialed  in and saw an error message:

I can't find an explanation of this in any documentation. Can anyone explain
this error, or tell me where to look for an explanation?

Thanks in advance,

Christopher Berry