Subject: (usr-tc) HiperArc 4.2.32 problem with large blocks

From: Colin J Wantling <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 11:56:09 +0000

Hi,
Having had MTU problems with HARC software 4.1.11, we tried upgrading to 
4.1.32 today. It soon became apparent that large blocks were no longer 
being handled at all! We had been looking forward to an improvement.

Because of service requirements, we didn't get much time to debug this, but 
the max block size handled OK seemed to be about 580.

Anybody seen a similar problem or have a lucky-rabbit's foot please?

Colin Wantling

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Brian <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 16:22:41 +0000

> being handled at all! We had been looking forward to an improvement.

What keeps you from going to 4.1.59-6?  It probably is the best 4.1.x
version to be running.

>  "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

-----------------------------------------------------
Brian Feeny (BF304)     [email-masked]   
318-222-2638 x 109	http://www.shreve.net/~signal      
Network Administrator   ShreveNet Inc. (ASN 11881) 	      

-

---

From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 16:38:36 +0000

Thus spake Brian

>What keeps you from going to 4.1.59-6?  It probably is the best 4.1.x

I think he was actually referring to 4.2.32-1, not 4.1.32-1, which, to
my knowledge doesn't exist...or at least isn't released.
-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456

-

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 19:16:31 +0000

I have USR Radius 5.5.3 authenticating my Hyper chassis. Quite frequently of
late all 3 on my NT authentication servers will crash at the same time with
the following error:

The instruction at "0x77f6cde6" referenced memory at "0x00000010". The
memory could not be "written". - Click OK

The event log shows the following 3 entries:

Error in security socket create 10048
[C:\5_5_3\project\5_5_3\RADNT\src\Ccomms.cpp(401)]

No data for: SYSTEM.NW_SERVER
[C:\5_5_3\project\5_5_3\RADNT\src\RADSERV.CPP(649)]

No data for: SYSTEM.TACACS_SERVER
[C:\5_5_3\project\5_5_3\RADNT\src\RADSERV.CPP(649)]

Any Ideas?
Can somebody purposely send a string to be authenticated that Radius can't
handle?
Would 3Com's new Radius solve the problem?
Does anybody recomend a third party Radius?

Thank You for your time,
Jim Faulkner
GWE.NET

-