Subject: (usr-tc) which Radius to use?

From: Nate Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 21:42:18 +0000

Hi, I'm trying to move Radius server that we are using now to a new server
but I'm having some problems getting the current radius to run on the new
server.  So I was thinking of just reinstalling but the old network admin
is no longer around and I can't figure out what version of radius we're
running one the other box.  All I get when I try to find out is:

./radiusd -v
./radiusd: RADIUS version 1.16.1 97/12/16
 sun

I would really like to use a radius that could check multiple logins.  If
anyone could point me in the right direction in which radius to use (on Sun
Solaris 2.6) and where to get it I'd be much appreciative.

Thanks,

Nate

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Michael Jon Vigodda <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 23:59:44 +0000

Sorry for not responing sooner, Dave, but we're going to have to give a pass
on these units. If you still have in 30 days, we may be in a position to
purchase then, but for the moment, it's just a little too soon for us.

Thanks & Regards,
Michael Jon Vigodda
----- Original Message -----
From: Nate Smith <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2000 1:33 PM
Subject: (usr-tc) which Radius to use?

-

---

From: Mike Andrews <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 04:56:08 +0000

You have Livingston Radius 1.16, which is really really old and
has security problems.

Get Cistron Radius from http://www.freeradius.org and you'll be fine.
It can check multiple logins too.  (We don't use that feature, we have
something else that does it, but I hear good things...)

Mike Andrews (MA12) * [email-masked] * http://www.bit0.com/
VP, sysadmin, & network guy, Digital Crescent Inc, Frankfort KY
Internet services for Frankfort, Lawrenceburg, Owenton, Shelbyville
"Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things."

-

---

From: Thomas C Kinnen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 19:06:32 +0000

> ./radiusd: RADIUS version 1.16.1 97/12/16

Looks like the old Livingston/Lucent 1.1.6 server

> Solaris 2.6) and where to get it I'd be much appreciative.

Lucent NavisRadius 3.0 supports multiple login-checks, multiple user sources,
and is a complete RADIUS toolkit.  You can get information on it at:

http://www.lucentradius.com/

-- 
Thomas C Kinnen - <[email-masked]> <[email-masked]> 
[RADIUS Engineer] - LUCENT Technologies INS
"All of the opinions stated above are my own and not my employer's,
unless they were given to me by my employer"

-