Subject: (usr-tc) Head's up...TCS 4.0 open beta

From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 01:09:08 +0000

For those of you not on the totalservice newsgroups.  3Com just
announced an Open Beta (read: no service contract required) for TCS 4.0.
Features mentioned in the beta announcement, QoS (traffic coloring),
IPSec (static keys), offline configuration support, and others that I
can't remember off the top of my head.  :)

Anyway...thought it'd be a good idea to get some of the folks in here on
it...the caliber of user on usr-tc seems to be a notch above what you
find in the totalservice newsgroups typically.  :)
-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 01:21:37 +0000

Thus spake Jeff Mcadams
>can't remember off the top of my head.  :)

Ack...my bad...not sure where I got offline configuration support
from...its not in the announcement (was reading some other vendor web
sites...maybe I grabbed one of their phrases in there...not sure)
-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456

-

---

From: Dale Hege <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 11:55:28 +0000

If you already signed up then you got it from the BETA survey.

-Dale :)

-

---

From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 12:37:35 +0000

Thus spake Dale Hege
>If you already signed up then you got it from the BETA survey.

Yeah, I realized that later on, but figured I'd made enough of a fool of
myself following up to myself once, didn't figure I needed to do it
again.  :)

-