Subject: [USR-TC] ISDN from a Cisco1604 won't connect second channel to HiPerDSP.

From: WayneG <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 01:39:16 +0000

We are trying to connect a Cisco1604-ISDN Router to a TotalControl
HiPerDSP.  One channel comes up perfect, but the second channel is dropped
immediately whenever it tries to connect.  We can connect the 1604 to a
Cisco3640 that has a BRI card in it, and it does 2 channels no problem.
Also, we can also connect a 3Com Lan Router to the HiPerDSP and both
channels work fine (even on different spans.)
    Cisco-to-Cisco is fine and 3Com-to-3Com is fine.  But Cisco-to-3Com
doesn't work.  Go figure!

    Anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you,
    -Wayne

---

From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 02:11:05 +0000

Also sprach WayneG
>HiPerDSP.  One channel comes up perfect, but the second channel is
>dropped immediately whenever it tries to connect.  We can connect the
>1604 to a Cisco3640 that has a BRI card in it, and it does 2 channels
>no problem.  Also, we can also connect a 3Com Lan Router to the
>HiPerDSP and both channels work fine (even on different spans.)

>Anyone have any suggestions?

If you can get a "mon ppp" of the sessions involved, we might have a
better idea of what's going on.  There's any number of possible things
that could be causing it with the information here though.  :/
-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456