Subject: [USR-TC] dual HiperARC's

From: Lewis Bergman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 20:09:46 +0000

Thanks to the links from WayneG I am now able to set up some different 
scenarios with my two HiperARC's

I also found the manual had a couple more.
http://totalservice.commworks.com/tcsDocs/4.2/10039434/104_ch10.htm#15817

What the manual doesn't say is what is the preferred way to balance two 
hiper's for performance and redundancy. The easiest way seems to be example 8 
that delegates all the work to the NMC by doing this on both ARC's.

set chassis slot 1-16 owner no 
enable nmc chassis_awareness 
enable nmc dynamic_slot_assignment 
enable nmc dsa_idle_rebalancing 

But, this seems to defeat redundancy. Now both ARC's rely on one NMC. I know 
the chances are slim of an NMC and a ARC going out at once but why make them 
redundant at all. I guess if the NMC croaks then the ARC's just keep their 
current assignment until the NMC reappears? Meaning it is redundant still? 
kindof?

I have also heard some problems from the list with chassis awareness.

Bottom line:
Is anybody doing this?
How are you doing it?
Are you happy with how it is going?

-- 
Lewis Bergman
Texas Communications
4309 Maple St.
Abilene, TX 79602-8044
915-695-6962 ext 115