Subject: (usr-tc) Arc ip pools

From: David Hamilton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 22:57:04 +0000

Is there anyway to grap the ippools from a hyperarc via snmp?

David Hamilton
[email-masked]

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Mike Andrews <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 02:59:52 +0000

What info do you want to get about the IP pools?  You can get at least a
list of the pool, starting ip, size, and netmask via SNMP (I had to figure
out how just now for a program I'm writing)...  oh, and how many IP's are
in use in the pool.

Mike Andrews (MA12) * [email-masked] * http://www.bit0.com/
VP, sysadmin, & network guy, Digital Crescent Inc, Frankfort KY
Internet services for Frankfort, Lawrenceburg, Owenton, Shelbyville
www.fark.com: If it's not news, it's Fark.  (Or something like that.)

-

---

From: David Hamilton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 14:23:04 +0000

Thats exactly the information that I want...

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Mike Andrews
Sent: Friday, April 14, 2000 8:56 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: (usr-tc) Arc ip pools

-

-

---

From: Mike Andrews <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 19:41:27 +0000

Do an snmpwalk on 1.3.6.1.4.1.429.4.12.15.1 and you should find what you
need...

-

---

From: David Hamilton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 23:09:52 +0000

Is there a name for this MIB...

snmpwalk xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx public 1.3.6.1.4.1.429.4.12.15.1

This command doesn't produce any output. xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the ip address
of the arc.  public is the community string.

I have done an snmpwalk xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx public which produced a lot of data
but now the ippool or size, etc

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Mike Andrews
Sent: Monday, April 17, 2000 1:40 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: (usr-tc) Arc ip pools

-

-

---

From: Mike Andrews <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 23:21:19 +0000

If you're using UCD-SNMP, you always need a leading dot in front of all
numeric OID's...  change it to ".1.3.6.1.4.1.429.4.12.15.1" and it'll
work.

The text name, though, is: 
enterprises.usr.common.usrIp.usrIpAddrPoolTable.usrIpAddrPoolEntry

-

---

From: David Hamilton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 23:41:32 +0000

Works great thanks!

Where did you find this info?

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, April 17, 2000 5:18 PM

-

-

---

From: Terry Kennedy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 01:02:15 +0000

Has anyone experienced a flooding of packets on the Hiper NMCs? In two
different pops
we have seen this problem. All the rx traffic lights will lock on and one of
them
will be transmitting. It doesn't happen constantly but comes and goes. I
have looked
through the settings and fail to find any settings which could affect this.
We seem
to remember some mails about these coming our way referencing these cards as
open
to smurf attacks... Anyone heard about this?

Terry Kennedy
OlyPen, inc.

-

---

From: Terry Kennedy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 20:08:44 +0000

Do the hiper NMCs allow redirected broadcasts? If they do is there a way to
shut this off? What we have been seeing in two different pops is that out of
the six racks we have, one of the nmcs will be tranmitting like crazy and
all the others will recieving. I unplug the cables and let them sit for a
day and the traffic stops. It doesn't take but a few hours for the traffic
to return. It certainly look like broadcasted traffic.  Any one got any
ideas here? We are running 6.2.17 code on these cards.

Terry Kennedy
OlyPen, Inc.
360 681 7782

-