Subject: (usr-tc) hung modems

From: Dick <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 19:12:46 +0000

I am pasting my versions as extracted from the TCM.  I am at a loss for why 
sets of modems hang and the card requires a reboot every few days.  We have 
2 such racks, both with the same versions of the code and they both do this 
now.  (one more than the other).  And it seems, but could just be 
perception, that it is only associated with a few cards/lines.  On the rack 
shown below it is card 1 and card 5, for sure, that do this.

I know I have seen this problem talked about.  Has anyone seen if this is a 
line level problem from the telco or something?  Both of these units are 
within a city block of the telco switch.
					
Can I add attenuation on the line with some type of resistance or set it in 
the unit itself?  If I could test things without the telco getting involved 
everything would go much smoother.

	3Com 17-Slot Chassis with PB clocking								
1	3COM High-Density 24 Channel NAC	B158CSZA	1OQ	0.49.0	8192	2048 
0000000000000000	2.0.19
2	3COM High-Density 24 Channel NAC	B168CVPA	1OQ	0.49.0	8192	2048 
0000000000000000	2.0.19
3	3COM High-Density 24 Channel NAC	BCI7C8M4	1OQ	0.49.0	8192	2048 
0000000000000000	2.0.19
4	3COM High-Density 24 Channel NAC	BC97B9Z4	1OQ	0.49.0	8192	2048 
0000000000000000	2.0.19
5	3COM High-Density 24 Channel NAC	B249S10G	1OQ	0.53.0	8192	2048 
0000000000000000	2.0.19
6	3COM High-Density 24 Channel NAC	BC87B123	1OQ	0.49.0	8192	2048 
0000000000000000	2.0.19
7	3COM High-Density 24 Channel NAC	B229Q4AG	1OQ	0.53.0	8192	2048 
0000000000000000	2.0.19
8	3COM High-Density 24 Channel NAC	B789BLGM	1OQ	0.54.0	8192	2048 
0000000000000000	2.0.19
16	3COM HiPer ARC NAC	B478PF8Y	20C	19.0.0	65536	8192	0000000000010000	4.2.32
17	3COM Network Management Card with clock	B4F8Q4Y6	1U600000	6.0	16384	8192 
0000000000000000	6.1.17
1	3COM T1/E1 HDM NIC				0	0	0000000000000000	
2	3COM T1/E1 HDM NIC				0	0	0000000000000000	
3	3COM T1/E1 HDM NIC				0	0	0000000000000000	
4	3COM T1/E1 HDM NIC				0	0	0000000000000000	
5	3COM T1/E1 HDM NIC				0	0	0000000000000000	
6	3COM T1/E1 HDM NIC				0	0	0000000000000000	
7	3COM T1/E1 HDM NIC				0	0	0000000000000000	
8	3COM T1/E1 HDM NIC				0	0	0000000000000000	
16	3COM Dual 10/100 Ethernet NIC - PCI based				0	0	0000000000000000	
17	3COM Ethernet NIC				0	0	0000000000000000	

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.