Subject: (usr-tc) Distributed TCM ?

From: Robert von Bismarck <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 16:24:18 +0000

Hello,

I will be implementing a lot of HiPer-based Chassis soon, and our 3Com rep has told me about something called DTCM (for distributed TCM) which should help a lot for configuring and managing lots of TC's.

Has anyone ever seen / worked with this product ?
Is it any good ?
What kind of Machine do I need to run it on (I know it only runs on HP-UX and Solaris-Sparc) ?

Thanks for any info,

Robert

---

From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 16:27:25 +0000

Thus spake Robert von Bismarck
>I will be implementing a lot of HiPer-based Chassis soon, and our 3Com
>rep has told me about something called DTCM (for distributed TCM) which
>should help a lot for configuring and managing lots of TC's.

>Has anyone ever seen / worked with this product ?  Is it any good ?

I understand it was primarily written for MindSpring, and they aren't
using it...I haven't used it myself, but I also understand its certainly
not a freebie.

Not much information...but maybe a starting point for you.
-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: das <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 02:41:16 +0000

>From my understanding of this product, which is very limited, DTCM is for 
companies implimenting a large TC solution.  DTCM allows you to do things
like "upgrade this geographic region" instead of doing things on a per chassis
basis with the current TCM.  Also, I believe that it gives you the ability
to say "make chassis A's configuration exactly like chassis B's."

If anyone wishes to comment and correct me, feel free.  I have heard
precious little on this.

das

-- 
____________________________________________
Alex Substanley       Global OnLine Japan
  		      Engineering Department
Das Man               TEL: 81-3-5334-1700
Systems Engineer      FAX: 81-3-5334-1711
  The Highest Quality Service, Bar None
____________________________________________

-