Subject: (usr-tc) NMC chassis alarm LED

From: Lists <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 10:58:58 +0000

Does anyone know of an easy way to read the status of the NMC chassis
alarm LED?

Ideally a simple read that returned an integer indicating the LED colour.

So far I've been unable to find an object that didn't require a lot of
parsing.  Any ideas?

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Stephen Amadei <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 11:56:55 +0000

> So far I've been unable to find an object that didn't require a lot of

How well can you read Perl?  If you can, download my TCView script... it
reads the LEDs off the TC and makes gif files suitable for putting on a
webpage.  With a bit of coding, you could add a routine to email/notify
you when certain LEDs change colors.  If you did this, send me the code
and I'll integrate it into the script.

Script at http://www.dandy.net/~amadei.  TCView 0.93n is the current
version.

					----Steve
Stephen Amadei
Dandy.net CTO
Atlantic City, NJ

-

---

From: Mike Andrews <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 14:45:28 +0000

If all you want is the NMC alarm LED, get OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.429.1.2.2.12
and you'll get:

1 = No alarm
2 = Temperature High
3 = Fan Failure
4 = Voltage Warning for PSU
5 = Failure of PSU
6 = Management Bus Failure
7 = Interface Card Failure
8 = Incompatible Token-Ring NIC (eww yuk!)

Mike Andrews * [email-masked] * [email-masked] * http://www.bit0.com
VP, sysadmin, & network guy, Digital Crescent Inc, Frankfort KY
Internet access for Frankfort, Lexington, Louisville and surrounding counties

www.fark.com: If it's not news, it's Fark.  (Or something like that.)

-

---

From: Lists <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 04:17:22 +0000

> 8 = Incompatible Token-Ring NIC (eww yuk!)

Yeah, saw that.  This seems (guessing) to give the cause of the last
failure though, not the current state (ie, even after the failure has
passed, it remains set).

In our case, every chassis says "Fan Failure", although none of the fans
have failed.

-