Subject: [USR-TC] V.92 stats?

From: Randy Cosby <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 17:00:26 +0000

I have the new v.44 and v.92 code installed, and everything seems to be
working as planned. I'd like to get some stats on v.92 and v.44
connections. The hiperarc http server stats under "statistics, modem
compression" do not show any v.44 connections. I have v.44 enabled on
each of the modems, and have the Data Compression Mode set to
autoEnable, and the V44 mode set to enabled.

Do I need to reset the modems after enabling this to have it take
effect? 

How can I see stats for v.92 customers?

--  
BTW, the release notes for the v.92 release do confirm that 33k is the
max PCM upstream at this time, and that enabling pcm upstream takes
extra time to negotiate, effectively eliminating the time savings
fast-connect brings about.  Without fast-connect, the time would be even
longer.  

I believe you can get the release notes from the commworks site without
an active commworks account, but you can't download the code.  

thanks,

Randy Cosby
Vice President
InfoWest, Inc.