Subject: (usr-tc) HDM Uptime

From: Jim Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 1999 17:45:19 +0000

Due to the hanging DSP bug in the HDMs which takes out two ports
(arghhh..), we are monitoring our failure statistics via SNMP looking
for these problems.  We automatically capture and email the call failure
statistics every morning for all HDMs. 

This morning I noticed that all of the statistics on one HDM had been
zeroed out during thr prior day.  This concerns me as I would imagine
the card must have rebooted itself in order to reset these counters. 
(True?)

I am sure there must an uptime stat for each HDM which I can get using
TCM, but I did not see it when I looked around some.  Can someone tell
me how to get the HDM uptime so I can know exactly when this card reset
itself. Also, does this happen to other folks periodically or is this
card getting ready to go bad?

FInally, we had our telco change our hunting from first available B
channel to a circular hunt and this seems to have dramtically reduced
the number of occurrences of the hung DSP problem.  

-Jim

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.