Subject: (usr-tc) How to setup Hiper as an L2TP LNS ?

From: Donald Baud <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 16:19:32 +0000

I am trying to terminate an L2TP tunnel on a HiperArc 5.0.9

The telco provided the following info:
L2tp peer Username : clientside 
Peer Tunnel password : client
Telco peer name : telco
Client Interface ip address: 10.10.100.1 
telco Interface ip address: 10.10.100.8

Could someone tell me what goes where in the HiperArc config.

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2000 14:26:55 +0000

> telco Interface ip address: 10.10.100.8

The hiper arc has LNS enabled by default,  here are the commands that you need
add user clientside password <some unique password >
set tunnel user clientside password <client> { This is tunnel password}
set tunnel user clientside type l2tp client 10.10.100.1

I am not sure but you may have to setup your HiPer arc system tranmit name as 
telco - but from the above info its not clear whether you want the client
system name as telco or hiper's 

-V

-

---

From: Donald Baud <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 19:58:28 +0000

Hello,

You have not used any "add l2tp lns ..." command.  Could you explain what
the "add l2tp lns ..." command is for
and in what circumstance it is used for.

----- Original Message -----
From: <[email-masked]>

-

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 14:02:57 +0000

> and in what circumstance it is used for.
Well you need to add a l2tp lns if you are going to use global lns setup on the 
ARC  - meaning, if you have calls coming to the hiper arc and having the calls 
terminate on a lns, or set of lns you can setup globally several lns, with 
preference - that way when a l2tp call comes, it will go use the prefrence and
send the call to the respective lns.
In your case you are trying to terminate a call to the HiPer arc as
LNS - so the only command that you need to make sure is available is
enable l2tp lns.

-V

> > The hiper arc has LNS enabled by default,  here are the commands that
> you
> need
> > I am not sure but you may have to setup your HiPer arc system tranmit
> name
> as

-