Subject: (usr-tc) One Quick Question

From: John Lange <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 23:19:48 +0000

I don't have a TC yet and have been considering buying 3 of them (Vendors 
forget it).

I have found that it seems to be the general consensus that the 3Com/USR 
Tech Support is the pits, Service Contracts are a rip-off, the whole world 
is unfair, and the grass is greener on the other side, I just cannot decide 
wether to climb the fence or go around...

Here's the "I Want To Be a Millionaire Question"

Please only send your "FINAL ANSWER" off the list!

Is there a "Software Upgrade Underground" or "Mirror Site" for those who 
cannot afford the Service Contract?

That's it! - No I am not a 3Com Spy
JOhn :}

-----  Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the 
Lord, not for men  >Colossians 3:23 (NIV)

John C. Lange, Sr.                PALACE dot NET, INC.
[email-masked]           MICRO-TECH Computers, Inc.
608.742.1601 & 6980             1819 New Pinery Road
http://www.palacenet.net/       Portage, WI 53901
MSCE Training for only $150.00 - http://dpec.palacenet.net/
All 200+ Web Based Courses for $150.00 Per Year - "Really"

       ---    __o
      ---   _-\<,_        Fastest Service in Town
       --- (_)/ (_)

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: "Mark E. Levy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2000 00:30:09 +0000

Well, despite all that you've heard from other axe-grinders, I've been
mostly happy with my TC, 3Com support has gotten worlds better over the
last year, and it appears that they're on the verge of at least reducing
the compatibility problems.

-- 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark E. Levy, President
FSINet, Inc.
800-827-6085 x202
847-753-6832 fax
www.fsi.net
[email-masked]
---------------------------------------------------------------------

-