Subject: (usr-tc) Diff between span-level and modem-level mdmfail method on HiperDSP

From: George Klinich III <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 14:49:30 +0000

Hi,

I'm wondering what the different is between setting the 'mdmfail' parameter
at the span-level and at the modem-level.  

Span-level is set with 'set mdmfail [disable|block|reset|combo]' while at
the span> prompt

Modem-level is set using 'at%Rn=xxx' commands at the mdmX> prompt

>From changing difference settings at the span and modem level, I get the
impression that the span-level settings only affect the "Dual-channel
recovery action" not the single channel recovery action.  Does anyone know
if this is true?

Thanks,
George

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.