Subject: Re: (usr-tc) chat_script syntax

From: Blue Moon Network Administrator <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 23:02:42 +0000

On Wed, 1 Dec 1999, Tatai SV Krishnan wrote:

> you need to upgrade your TCM, your nmc and then upgrade the hiper dsp.  
> 
> The nmc reports about the card id, the tcm will display the card only.
> 
> So you have no other option but to upgrade everything to the latest tcs 
> 3.6 code.
> 
> krish

UGH. Guess I'm out of luck at this point. No contract, spent enough money with
3com for all the headaches we've gone through with them. Krish has been great
with his help so far in getting it to the point it is at now, but after 24
hours online it is painfully obvious that the unit for which I paid Source 
about 11 grand cannot be used without paying USR/3com more money or losing a
whole mess of customers.

I have had to take the unit offline. Constant customer complaints about failed
connection attempts and session disconnects have been flooding in and those
same people use our netserver X2 only TC and V.90 Portmasters without
difficulty. Interesting that my $30 LT Winmodem seems to work better with this
HARC pig than v.90 USR's do!

I just don't see why I should pay USR MORE money to be able to make a never
used $11,000 piece of equipment function as a minimal PPP server for my
customers at our small (168 dialups) local ISP.

Am I unreasonable in feeling this way? 

Regardless of whether or not I dump this dog I'd like to take this opportunity
to publically thank Krish for his help in trying to make this heater/brick
useful, if only USR was run by people like Krish I wouldn't be going through
this 3Com/USR BULL$#|+!

J. Henry Priebe Jr.       Blue Moon President & Network Administrator
[email-masked]         net.bluemoon.net - Blue Moon Online System
V.90, X2 & K56flex        www.railfan.net  - The Railfan Network
http://www.bluemoon.net   mud.bluemoon.net 4000 - MoonMUD
bbs.bluemoon.net          irc.bluemoon.net - ZUHnet Buffalo, NY IRC Server

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Meng Tsai <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1999 01:32:27 +0000

I am no expert here and cannot help you either.
But I wonder why you could not get the latest code form 3COM
if you had just bought a brand new TCH for $ 11k from source tech ?

Isn't customer is supposed to get the latest sw code when
they buy a new device ?

Please advise, thanks

Meng
----- Original Message -----
From: Blue Moon Network Administrator <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, December 02, 1999 3:59 PM
Subject: Re: (usr-tc) chat_script syntax

-