Subject: [USR-TC] Problem with HiperDSP card

From: Scot Desort <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 14:12:28 +0000

I have a HiperDSP card in a TC chassis that appears to have failed over
the weekend. The RN/FL light was red, and the FOURTH utilization bar LED
from the bottom was AMBER. I moved the card to another slot, and it
worked OK for 2 days, and failed again. I left the card unplugged
overnight, and plugged it back into the same slot this morning. It is
now working again. But obviously something is wrong.

I know that a red RN/FL is no good, but does the 4th utilization bar
being amber mean anything? Any tests or settings I should check while
the card is in an operational state? 

Not ever having a DSL go bad on me, what is the best course of action --
attempt to have Commworks repair it, replace it with a used card, ???
Card is about 2.5 years old.

Thanks,

Scot

---

From: "Jose Orlando T. Ribeiro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 15:30:35 +0000

before sending it to repair try to upload the firmware again... sometimes it
works...

Scot Desort wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> USR-TC mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/usr-tc

-- 

        ,~~v~~,            ,~~v~~, 
       ,'.   .',          ,'.   .', 
      ===  +  ===        ===  +  === 
       /   ~   \          /   ~   \    
      /\_m   m_/\        /\_m   m_/\
     .\  +----------------------+  /. 
     /   ! [email-masked]  !   \  
      /  +----------------------+  \  
       `\m/ \m/'           `\m/ \m/'

---

From: "Stephen Rivera - WRCA.Net" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 15:41:27 +0000

Not sure how fast they can respond for you but I know I can have a 
replacement DSP card there for you tomorrow. Let me know if I can help you out.
30 day warranty on all Total Control hardware sold. If you need longer I 
can work that for you too.
[email-masked]

>Card is about 2.5 years old.

Steve Rivera    732-833-2111 x102
IM: srivera711  732-833-2115 fax
for more product info got www.wrca.net
Jackson, NJ 08527 (USA)

---

From: Seth Jacobs <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 16:02:12 +0000

Is it OK to "downgrade" a HiperDSP by uploading an earlier version of the
firmware?  We've run into a busy signal problem with one of our cards after
upgrading it.  It didn't have this problem at 2.0.19, but it does at 3.5.12,
so I'd like to downgrade to 2.0.19 and then work my way back up, if that's
possible.

Seth