Subject: (usr-tc) Ascend Pipelines

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 14:33:43 +0000

We have 3 Ascend Pipeline 50/75 customers connecting to our TC chassis'.  
In each case we give them a static IP address via Radius.  In all cases 
we cannot ping the static address (i.e. Ascend doesn't respond) yet the 
users behind the pipeline work fine adn we can telnet into the Ascend if 
we add a static route for port 23 to the static IP address.  Does anyone 
know how to correct this ?  It makes troubleshooting more difficult when 
ping doesn't work.

Thanks,

Jeff Binkley
ASA Network Computing 

CMPQwk 1.42 9999

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Chad Scheiter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 18:47:58 +0000

> know how to correct this ?  It makes troubleshooting more difficult when

I have a Pipeline 75 connect to my TC with NAT and I cannot ping it, but my
customer can connect fine. And with a default server set in the NAT config
I can pass SMTP traffic through it, but still cannot ping. And I have a
Pipeline 130 connected to a Max 4000, with no NAT and it is bridged not
routed and my Max 4000 responds to ANY ping sent from the Pipeline or any
computer on that side of the link. Basically the only thing I have seen
that Ascends can do well is V.90, I've had to send 4 Max4048 back because
of hardware failures in the past 2 years. Can you guess why I'll put up the
worse V.90 connect rates in a TC?

-

---

From: Jason Cropper <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 18:48:16 +0000

You must disable the "firewall" in the Ascend.  It is turned on by default.
I'm not sure of the procedure though... it's been a while.

Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Jeff Binkley
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 1999 8:24
To: [email-masked]
Subject: (usr-tc) Ascend Pipelines

Thanks,

Jeff Binkley
ASA Network Computing

CMPQwk 1.42 9999

-

-