Subject: Re: (usr-tc) X2 Key still necessary

From: Steve Valiunas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 15:30:46 +0000

You need only add the X2 key to a chassis once.  Any quad modem code upgrdes
after that will then use the same key.

Steve

Ralph Helfenberger <[email-masked]> on 12/07/99 04:38:45 AM

Please respond to [email-masked]

Sent by:  Ralph Helfenberger <[email-masked]>

To:   TotalControl Mailing List <[email-masked]>
cc:    (Steve Valiunas/MW/US/3Com)
Subject:  (usr-tc) X2 Key still necessary

Hi everybody
I would like to upgrade a Netserver/Quadmodem based Chasis to V.90. When
I did this last year I had to buy a X2 enable key. This product is no
longer available. So the question I have: Is this key still necessary?
Or do I just upgrade the Quadmodems to the latest code and then I have
V.90 automatically enabled?

Ralph

--
==========================================================================
R. Helfenberger                Internet  [email-masked]
Comlight AG                    Tel  +41 31 740 40 40
Industriestr. 17               Fax  +41 31 740 40 90
3178 Boesingen
Switzerland                    www.comlight.ch
==========================================================================

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Steve Rivera <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 16:54:09 +0000

Is it possible to lose that enable key in the flashing process?

If I am installing a v90 NMC to a chassis that had not been running v90 
standard,
Is the card all I need to install. Some people have mentioned that you have 
to match the code
on the modems. Is that true? Can anyone suggest a stable, v90 compatible 
sequence for the
modems (Quad Digitals) and the NMC v90?

-