Subject: (usr-tc) v90 on the nmc

From: Brian <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 18:00:08 +0000

If you have an NMC with v90 enabled, and you pull the flash out and move
it to another NMC that is not v90 enabled, will that new nmc now be v90
enabled?  In other words, is the key set in the flash and transportable
between nmc's?  or is it dependent on other factors?

Brian

-----------------------------------------------
          I'm buying used CISCO gear!!
              email me for a quote

Brian Feeny 		    e:[email-masked]
CCNP+Voice/ATM/Security	    p:318.222.2638x109
CCDP     		    f:318.221.6612
Network Administrator
ShreveNet Inc. (ASN 11881)

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Jorge Lozano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 11:17:08 -0500

The V90 key is generated using the NMC serial number... so... each NMC will
have an unique V90 key.

Regards,

Jorge Lozano <[email-masked]>
NA and ISSO Andinet On Line <http://www.andinet.com>
The only way to predict the future is... to create it!

-----Mensaje original-----
De: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]En nombre de Brian
Enviado el: Miercoles, 21 de Febrero de 2001 10:54 a.m.
Para: USRobotics TC Mailing List
Asunto: (usr-tc) v90 on the nmc

Brian

-

-

---

From: Charles Sprickman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 21:49:26 +0000

> between nmc's?  or is it dependent on other factors?

I've moved flash simms around and the key remained enabled.  I believe
there's on-board EEPROM that holds the key...

Charles

-

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 21:31:18 +0000

I have just purchased some used TC chassis.  The NMC console port has the
password feature set and I do not have access to  the password.  Is there a
way to bypass or reset the password without losing the X2 enabled key?

Thanks,
Gary

-

---

From: Stephen Amadei <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 22:13:20 +0000

> way to bypass or reset the password without losing the X2 enabled key?

When we reset the password on our NMC (by clearing the memory... switch 5
and 6), it retained the X2 enable key.

					----Steve
Stephen Amadei
Dandy.net CTO
Atlantic City, NJ

-

---

From: Elisee NGAN TAMBA <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 10:10:17 +0000

I have a urgent problem that needs to be resolved.

  I have a TOTAL CONTROL which was working before. Now i have changed the
provider and IP addresses. But i try to change them in TOTAL CONTROL; but it
refuse to do it.

  I try to log in by Hyper Terminal from Windows. When i restart the TOTAL
CONTROL, i receive all startup information. But as soon as i get the prompt,
i can't enter any character! The keyboard seems to be blocked at that step.

   Do you know some reason. That should be really greatfull for me cause
it's urgent. I have to resolve too early.

   I am waiting for your prompt reaction.

	Thanks a lot in advance.

	Best Regards,

-

---

From: Steve Monkhouse <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 23:42:48 +0000

I had a very similiar situation about a year ago trying to use the console
port on on of our NMC's for configuration..

It ended up that the Ethernet port on the NIC was fine, and worked perfectly
with the previous settings that were saved in NVRAM, but the console port
would display NMC boot menu, then wouldnt allow input, and occasionally
would also issue hyroglyphics amongst the screens..

Replaced the ethernet NIC and all was fine..

Try swapping your Ethernet NIC's over to see whether you can access it that
way ( make sure you change the jumpers though )..

Hope this helps..

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Elisee NGAN TAMBA
Sent: Monday, February 26, 2001 6:14 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: (usr-tc) NMC login

	Thanks a lot in advance.

	Best Regards,

-

-

---

From: Steve Monkhouse <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 00:43:31 +0000

We seem to be having a few problems connecting some Pipeline50's to the
Total Control gear via 128K ISDN

The question I have is the Pipeline50's require both Send and Receive
password auth via PAP or CHAP to authenticate..

Our Radius server (NT USR Radius) is authenticating the send password with
no problems, but can someone explain to me how the receive password is
supposed to work ? and if in fact it is working ? and where to configure it
under the NT Radius system ?

Thanks in advance..
Steve

-

---

From: Charles Sprickman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 01:49:35 +0000

You shouldn't have to mess with the receive password...  That is only used
if the EU wants to have people dial-in to his pipeline.  What kind of
error is the user seeing on the pipe?

Charles

-

---

From: Steve Monkhouse <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 02:06:39 +0000

The Pipeline dials and connects, our radius authenticates and passes token
to pipeline...
But by the time the radius server has done this he pipleine disconnects and
redials again.. over and over..
Ive gone through the tech docs on ensight.com for USR connectivity, and
followed everything there..
but still disconnects about 3 secs after connect.. Radius is not reporting
any errors.. just normal start/ stop records..

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Charles Sprickman
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2001 9:46 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: (usr-tc) Pipeline50 ISDN -> TC

Charles

-

-

---

From: Charles Sprickman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 02:59:27 +0000

> The Pipeline dials and connects, our radius authenticates and passes token

That sounds like CHAP.  I'd start with PAP, it's simpler...

> redials again.. over and over..

It's been a LONG time since I played with pipelines, but that's a pretty
typical symptom when it's fed a value it doesn't like.  If, for example,
it doesn't like the address it gets during IPCP negotiation (where it's
doing IP negotiation with your end), it will drop the call.  Without going
into the debug screen, you can't really tell what's upsetting the thing.

How are you setting up the pipeline?  Does it agree with the user profile
you have set up?  Anything in the logs from the TC?

Charles

-

---

From: Steve Monkhouse <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 03:27:11 +0000

Nah we've been using PAP on it ..
Ive set up a framed IP address on the radius for it, and a framed route for
its subnet back to its BRI IP..
Everything matches perfectly.. ( If only it was cisco it would have only
taken 2 minutes to setup )! )..

TC Logs only show start/auth reqs/acks/stop packets.. thats with all diags
on.. nothing out of the ordinary.. to it, the user is connecting and
disconnecting..

I'll go and do some more investigating i think..

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Charles Sprickman
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2001 10:54 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: (usr-tc) Pipeline50 ISDN -> TC

Charles

-

-

---

From: Steve Monkhouse <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 05:51:09 +0000

Fixed.. the problem was two-fold -

Firstly I had the Proxy mode set to always instead of off..
and secondly you were right, in the Ip options, i had the NAS Ip address
instead of the assigned BRI addr.

Saved and restarted, and all is working beautifully..

Thanks for your help !

Steve

-----Original Message-----

Charles

-

-