Subject: RE: (usr-tc) Netserver PRI Max connections

From: Phil Le Clercq <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 17:57:35 +0000

Cheers for the reply, but that part is ok as you can see below. All modems
are taking calls, for round robin is set up on the chassis. Calls go through
the whole chassis no problems, but only in a maximum chunk of 30. The
trouble is this chassis is the last in the line of the telco's first
available PRI's. I guess I'll just have to stay up late tonight and and
double check the telco bit is correct....
Heh if I was in the States and was only getting 26 calls then at least I
would know it was the telco setup for (fairly) sure! :-)

Cheers, Phil

Starting Slot: 1

 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10  11  12  13  14  15  16
--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
S1  S5  S9  S13 S17 S21 S25 S29 S33 S37 S41 S45 S49 S53 S57  -
S2  S6  S10 S14 S18 S22 S26 S30 S34 S38 S42 S46 S50 S54 S58  -
S3  S7  S11 S15 S19 S23 S27 S31 S35 S39 S43 S47 S51 S55 S59  -
S4  S8  S12 S16 S20 S24 S28 S32 S36 S40 S44 S48 S52 S56 S60  -

		-----Original Message-----
		From:	Charles Sprickman [mailto:[email-masked]]
		Sent:	Thursday, January 13, 2000 3:30 PM
		To:	TCH List (E-mail)
		Subject:	Re: (usr-tc) Netserver PRI Max connections

		It sounds like the rest of the modems aren't set "active" on
the
		netserver.  You can see the current status like so:

		FX-1-NSVR> show modem
		Starting Slot: 2

		 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10  11  12  13  14  15
16
		--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
---
		 -  S1  S5  S9  S13 S17  -   -   -  S33 S37  -   -   -   -
-
		 -  S2  S6  S10 S14 S18  -   -   -  S34 S38  -   -   -   -
-
		 -  S3  S7  S11 S15 S19  -   -   -  S35 S39  -   -   -   -
-
		 -  S4  S8  S12 S16 S20  -   -   -  S36 S40  -   -   -   -
-        

		You have to make sure each modem shows up in this table.
The top row is
		the slot number.  I'm a bit rusty on the netserver, but I
think this will
		set a modem active:

		FX-1-NSVR> set modem s21 active
		S21 - active (s7 , c1 )       

		FX-1-NSVR> show modem
		Starting Slot: 2
		                        \/
		 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10  11  12  13  14  15
16
		--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
---
		 -  S1  S5  S9  S13 S17 S21  -   -  S33 S37  -   -   -   -
-
		 -  S2  S6  S10 S14 S18  -   -   -  S34 S38  -   -   -   -
-
		 -  S3  S7  S11 S15 S19  -   -   -  S35 S39  -   -   -   -
-
		 -  S4  S8  S12 S16 S20  -   -   -  S36 S40  -   -   -   -
-            

		Hope that helps,

		Charles

		 On Thu, 13 Jan 2000, Phil Le Clercq wrote:

		> Hi all,  I have a chassis with dual pri, 56 digital modems
( 14 quads) and
		> one Netserver (3.8.1).
		> My problem is the chassis never takes more than 30 calls.
Both PRI's
		> (European) are working ok, I got the telco to busy out the
other feeds so
		> all calls went to this chassis.
		> You can see the modem's taking the call but above 30
connections the user
		> gets "disconnected from the remote machine" as an error.
		> I believe the problem lies with the Netserver. I guess I'm
just missing a
		> command to set max connections to 56 but I cant remember
or find it!
		> I presumed that Netservers were set to 60 connections by
default, this is
		> something I've not had to do before as all our others
chassis' have 30 ports
		> only.
		> Thanks in advance for any help :-)
		> Cheers, Phil
		> 
		> -
		>  To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to
"[email-masked]"
		>  with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
		>  For information on digests or retrieving files and old
messages send
		>  "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your
message.

		-
		 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to
"[email-masked]"
		 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
		 For information on digests or retrieving files and old
messages send
		 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your
message.

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Charles Sprickman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 18:10:45 +0000

It's a dumb question, but you do have a big enough IP pool, right? :)

Charles

-

---

From: Scot Desort <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 21:16:50 +0000

> would know it was the telco setup for (fairly) sure! :-)

Actually,  in the states, it would be 23 calls on a PRI or 24 on a T1   ;-)

-

---

From: Vincent Frallicciardi <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 00:34:28 +0000

Hi,

I am looking for a used Total Control Chasse with power supply no other
cards if you know some one who has one let me know.

Vince

[email-masked]
> "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.
Vincent

-