Subject: RE: [USR-TC] TC1000 NEBS Compatible...

From: Joel - Fox Computers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 21:18:21 +0000

Not that I've ever heard of "NEBS Compliant" or know what it means.  But I do know you can get mounting brackets for mounting either in the center or at the rear.

That's what the 3 bolt holes on the sides of the chassis are for.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lyle Evans [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2002 4:10 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [USR-TC] TC1000 NEBS Compatible...

At 04:46 PM 08/19/02 -0400, you wrote:
>Does anyone know if a USR Total Control Network Management Hub used for
>dail-up access is NEBS Certified for placement in Verizon CO's.

I remember seeing that one had use a special rackmount bracket that
allows mounting on a 2 post rack more or less center mounted, in
order to be NEBS compliant. I believe it was in one the installation
manuals.

Lyle Evans
[email-masked]

>
>
>
>Steve Rivera  IM: srivera711
>Toll Free: (877)WRCANET x102  DIRECT: 732-833-2034
>Fax available equipment to: (732)833-2115
>for more product info got www.wrca.net
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>USR-TC mailing list
>[email-masked]
>http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/usr-tc
>

_______________________________________________
USR-TC mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/usr-tc

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 22:06:32 +0000

I don't do this everyday so this is probably a dumb question.  I have to 
change IP addresses in the NMC.  How do I get from HiPer> to the Main Menu 
for configuration?

Thanks.  David

---

From: Todd Bertolozzi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 01:18:13 +0000

Hehe....who does do this kind of stuff for you?  Start with forgetting about
the HiperArc and hooking into the console port of the NMC with typical baud
settings. 9600 8-n-1.  Use the cable that comes with it with the null modem
adapter.

You can also search the knowledge base or docs I believe and find the
answers to these questions quite easily.  But glad to help if needed.

www.commworks.com

Todd

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of David Swearingin
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2002 6:06 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [USR-TC] Configuring NMC IP

Thanks.  David

---

From: Jason Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 03:20:18 +0000

Wish the knowledge base was easier to find your way through. I looked for 2
days on the baud rate and documents on how to configure this chassis
properly without luck. I know of 3 other people who have one that had the
same problem in my search.

I Appreciate all the help everyone has given in the past days. Proved very
usefull and after a couple bumps in the road got the chassis successfully
setup/ installed. Now on to bigger and better things.

Thanks again all,
Jason

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 08:33:04 +0000

I have the cable connected to the console port of the NMC and then I run 
hyperterminal and I get the prompt: HiPer>

The instructions I have for configuring the HiPer ARC is to pull the card 
out and then re-insert it and then type 13 while it is booting up.  Will I 
also need to pull the NMC card out in order to get to the configuration 
Main Menu?

David

>change IP addresses in the NMC.  How do I get from HiPer> to the Main Menu

_____________________________________________________
<mailto:[email-masked]>David Swearingin
<http://www.carolnet.com/>CARROLLTON INTERNET SERVICE
First Financial Group, Inc.
11 N. Folger, Carrollton, MO  64633
660-542-3002   Fax 660-542-3003

---

From: Todd Bertolozzi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 14:40:31 +0000

I have some older code on our stuff but I'm not sure what you're looking at.

The NMC will always be in slot 17 of the chassis. The hiperarc typically
either slot 15 or slot 16 but I believe they can go anywhere in the chassis
except slot 17.

Plug your console cable into the console port of the card before you push it
into the slot.  Then make sure you insert the back card and then insert the
front card.  You should be plugged into the very top port on the back of the
card in slot 17....the NMC.

Also....before inserting the front card (nac) take a look at the dipswitches
near the front inside.  Make sure they are ALL down.

You should see some sort of boot sequence followed by a textual menu
interface.

This looking / sounding familar?

Todd

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2002 10:33 AM

David

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 14:55:36 +0000

I probably have not given enough info.  This TC with HiPer ARC and HiPer 
NMC have been up and running for about 4 years.  The last time we changed 
IP's was about one year ago.  I have to change IP's again now.  I am trying 
to get all my ducks in a row before I start the process.  We are running 
now.  I have the console cable connected to the NMC.  I connect with 
hyperterminal and get the prompt Hiper>.  Now, is there a command sequence 
to use to change the card's IP address?

David

---

From: Jason <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 15:09:39 +0000

Shouldnt the NMC just have 3 options on it????

1. Configuration
2. Command
3. Feature Enable

I think you are trying to change the ARC IP address????

David Swearingin wrote:

> I probably have not given enough info.  This TC with HiPer ARC and 
> HiPer NMC have been up and running for about 4 years.  The last time 
> we changed IP's was about one year ago.  I have to change IP's again 
> now.  I am trying to get all my ducks in a row before I start the 
> process.  We are running now.  I have the console cable connected to 
> the NMC.  I connect with hyperterminal and get the prompt Hiper>.  
> Now, is there a command sequence to use to change the card's IP address?
>
> David
>

---

From: Todd Bertolozzi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 15:20:14 +0000

Sounds like your are plugged into the hiperarc.  Tell me what the back of
the card says on the top of it.  To reconfigure the arc try:

list ip networks
(see what your ether network is named)
reconfigure ip network <name of your network> address ?

Try ? after each segment of the command to see what you can do.

Todd

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2002 10:56 AM

David

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 15:33:13 +0000

You're right!  I had looked twice before, but I was plugged into the ARC 
and not the NMC.

Thanks.  David