Subject: (usr-tc) Radius attribute

From: Tim Wolfe <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 01:13:53 +0000

Is there a radius attribute that can be passed to the TC that will limit a
users session time?  Similar to Livingston's Session-Timeout (which doesn't
seem to do anything on the TC...)

Thanks,

-- Tim

--------------------------------------------------
* Timothy M. Wolfe, Chief Network Engineer       *
* ClipperNet Corporation / It's a wireless world *
* [email-masked] 800.338.2629 x 402	         *
* Sufficient for today = Inadequate for tomorrow *
--------------------------------------------------

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 01:23:11 +0000

Thus spake Tim Wolfe
>seem to do anything on the TC...)

s/Livingston's/IETF's/

Session-Timeout is a RADIUS standard attribute.  Works like a champ for
us on our HiPer Arcs (and did as well on NETServers).
-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456

-

---

From: Ed <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 03:28:28 +0000

We have had a problem with limiting multiple logins since upgrading to 6.0.9
Radius... recently upgraded to 6.0.83 and it still seems to be broken.

If we enable accounting our logs are over 100MB a day (we have 15,000+
users) Anyone have a solution to this? We need session limiting without the
HUGE logs. Only need to log for specific DNIS or a Certain Chassis for
measured rate service.

Ed

-