Subject: [USR-TC] analog/busy tone/working ok after checking dialtone

From: pankaj <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 09:58:06 +0000

Hi folks,
I have nasty senerio,  I have many analog lines. 3com(tc1000)

Now some of them are behaving nasty. Once or twise user able to login
properly in that line.

Now in some lines I am geeting busy tone, evenif line is free(i.e no
user loged in).

Now I unplug that line from modem , and leave it in air, but still I
got busy tone on that number, Than I pluged it in to
phone-intrument(handset) and than also I got busy tone on that number.
now i pickeup the receiver and check the dialtone.Dialtone was ok,
after checking dial tone I was able to get ring on that number, and
user is also able to login.

The same trouble I faced in many lines in three-fine quards-modems.
My telco people come and check earthing and all but seems everything
ok.

Any clue will help me out ??

Thanks
pankaj