Subject: [USR-TC] Save changes to DSP

From: Kirk Mitchell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 23:02:04 +0000

Switching PRI providers and I need to change the switch type in my DSP's,
can't seem to find where to save the new setting so it holds through a
reset. Also, in switching from DMS100 to NI2, should there be any other
trunk setting or other items I need to watch for?

Thanks,

-- 
Kirk Mitchell-General Manager    [email-masked]
Keystone Connect                 Unlock Your World
Altoona, PA  814-941-5000   http://www.keyconn.net

---

From: Steve Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 23:19:15 +0000

Highlight the card.

Next go to the commands button 

In the command to execute window change it to software, then in the window 
next to it select  Save T1/E1 to NVRAM

Click the execute button.

Thats all there is to it..  and I'm not aware of any trunk settings you need 
to worry about when switching from DMS100 and NI2.

-Steve

---

From: Kirk Mitchell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 01:18:22 +0000

>Click the execute button.

That was it, thanks.

>to worry about when switching from DMS100 and NI2.

Cool.

---

From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 01:45:59 +0000

Also sprach Kirk Mitchell
>>Thats all there is to it..  and I'm not aware of any trunk settings
>>you need to worry about when switching from DMS100 and NI2.

>Cool.

Not trunk settings, but be aware that with NI-2, you don't get service
messages, meaning you don't have the ability to put a PRI
"LocalOutOfService" and busy it out.
-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456

---

From: Kirk Mitchell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 18:59:10 +0000

>"LocalOutOfService" and busy it out.

  I've never used the LocalOutOfService before, previously I'd just soft
busy the entire card. I did note in testing however that, where before this
gave the caller a regular busy signal if the hunt group was filled, it now
gives them a "All circuits are busy" message.

---

From: Jason <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 14:32:19 +0000

I think in some of the newer versions of DSP firmware
(for sure in 2.1.9) you can actually disable service messages.
We found when working with a junky DMS-10 switch
if any type of service message was sent from our cards,
the switch would have a fit and drop the d-channel, and of
course all customers would go bye-bye.  I believe you have
to change the setting from a console connection. First you
need to be in the span so do a 'chdev span' at the prompt
then type 'set servicemsg disable' then 'cmd svspcfg' to save
the config.  Hope this helps!

At 07:58 PM 3/13/2002, you wrote:
>_______________________________________________
>USR-TC mailing list
>[email-masked]
>http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/usr-tc

************************
Jason Watkins
I-Land NOC
[email-masked]
************************

---

From: Kirk Mitchell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 18:32:08 +0000

Recently, shortly after moving to a new PRI provider, we've started
experiencing strange drops. The only change made during the move was from
DMS100 to NI2 on DSP settings, nothing else. What happens is that the NMC
shows a red hub status light and everyone gets dropped. No other problem
indications anywhere, DPS and ARC cards all green. This happens repeatedly
3-4 times in a period of about 5 minutes. After that, everything runs fine
for a day or so, then cycle repeats.
  Has anyone seen anything similar? Any ideas?

Thanks,

---

From: Antonio Querubin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 19:02:03 +0000

>   Has anyone seen anything similar? Any ideas?

Might want to check where the timing on the local loop is coming from.