Subject: (usr-tc) HiPer DSP MultiSpan cards

From: Ronald Kushner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 06:38:35 +0000

Had anyone out there purchased the new HiPer DSP MultiSpan cards?

I'm at the point where I'm going to have to buy new hardware and the $3k savings
over HiPer DSPs is attractive.  Are the modems at least as good or better than HiPer
DSPs? 

I did not anticipate purchasing more hardware due to churn and other options, but
the way things are going I'm going to need to purchase more ports, so I haven't kept
up with what's what. In the last three months I've watch our usage grow at an
alarming rate. Purchasing a HiPer DSP bundle doesn't seem to make any sense at the
way things are going.

I have a chassis that running year old ARC and DSP code, any problems there too? I
do have 128MB ARCs.

-Ron
GLISnet, Inc.
810/939.9885

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Alan Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 00:36:09 +0000

Ron,

Out of curiosity are you planning on putting this in a 1000 Chassis? Is
this the 96 port card?

Thanks

Alan

-

---

From: Ronald Kushner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 07:16:30 +0000

> Out of curiosity are you planning on putting this in a 1000 Chassis? Is

Yes, I'm putting it into a two year old chassis. It's the four PRI card.

I am under the impression they have a new HiPer ARC router with a faster processor
and 256MB of RAM, but my older ARCs will work according to the salespeople I've
talked to.  

I'm just wondering if anyone else on the list has purchased these cards? I'd love to
fill the few remaining slots I have in a 130A chassis with higher density cards.

-Ron
GLISnet, Inc
810/939.9885

-

---

From: Marcelo Souza <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 19:03:57 +0000

Hi,

	Is there any way to allocate a different IP pool to an specific
card in a chassis?
	HARC 4.1.59.

- Marcelo

-