Subject: (usr-tc) how to remote config HiperDSP through HiperARC

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 04:09:14 +0000

Hi, is it possible to telnet to the HiperARC, then establish a virtual
connection to the HiperDSP, then access the  HiperDSP's CLI?
How to do it?

Thanks in advance

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: "Stainforth, Matthew" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 13:54:41 +0000

In the knowledgebase, article ID 1.0.30010810.2189534 goes into great detail
about this:

          Telnet or console connect to the HiPer ARC as a manage user and
follow the steps below: 
          1. Modify each slot for ownership, card_type, and port density via
the "set chassis slot" command. 
          2. Set chassis slot (x-y) console yes <Enter> (where x and y can
equal slot range with HiPer DSP cards
          installed) 
          3. Verify correct port creation via the "list interface" command.
Slot/mod: ports and Slot/CON:1 ports
          should now be created. 
          4. add modem_group <name> interface SLOT:X/CON:1 <Enter> (where X
= one eligible slot # in line 2)

          5. add network service <name> server_type telnetd socket <unused
TCP socket number> data
          service_type=dialout, auth=off, modem_group="name" <Enter> (where
"name" = name in line 4) 
          6. save all <Enter> 
          Note: Only eligible cards with TCS 3.5 software installed (2.0.19
or better) can be console enabled 
          Note: Multiple modem groups and network services can be created to
allow console access to all
          HiPer DSP cards installed and under HiPer ARC ownership as long as
a unique TCP port number
          exists for each service created in line 5 above. 
          Note: Above setup steps are for an unsupported configuration with
TCS 3.5 software versions. Use
          above for a troubleshooting scenario only and disable the network
service when not needed as long
          term usage may cause intermittent problems. TCs 4.0 compatible
software fully supports this feature. 

Matthew Stainforth  ||  Technical Services Manager ||  BrunNet Inc.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Monday, June 26, 2000 11:08 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: (usr-tc) how to remote config HiperDSP through HiperARC
> 
> 
> 
> 

-