Subject: [USR-TC] Hiperdsp upgrade

From: Jeff Lynch <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 22:16:46 +0000

We bought a used HiperDSP flashed with E1 version of the code. We're
trying to put the T1 code on it but TCM is not letting us. It looks like
it doesn't want to accept the T1 NAC/DMF file for this slot. How do we
force TCM to overwrite E1 code with the T1 code?

--jeff

============================================================================ 
Jeffrey A. Lynch		| JORSM Internet, Regional Internet Services
email: [email-masked]		| 7 Area Codes in Chicagoland and NW Indiana
Voice: (219)322-2180		| 100Mbps+ Connectivity, 56K-DS3, V.90, ISDN
Autoresponse: [email-masked]	| Quality Service, Affordable Prices
http://www.jorsm.com		| Serving Gov, Biz, Residential Since 1995

---

From: Richard Ham <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 17:48:03 +0000

How many modem dsp's are there on the card??

If you've got one with a daughter board, or with 30 dsp's, its unlikely that
you'll ever get it to behave with t1 code, as its the e1 style...

If it is the e1 style with daughter board, you can remove the daughter board
(and sell it to one of us aussies - we can't get enough of them!!!!) and
it'll flash to t1....

Regards,

Richard

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Lynch" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2001 8:16 AM
Subject: [USR-TC] Hiperdsp upgrade

--jeff

_______________________________________________
USR-TC mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/usr-tc

---

From: Jeff Lynch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 03:03:38 +0000

> (and sell it to one of us aussies - we can't get enough of them!!!!) and

This is the first time I've heard there are hardware differences between
the T1/E1 HDSPs. I was here when they first came out and all the buzz was
that the hardware was the same, only the flash different. A daughter card
perhaps on the E1, eh?

--jeff

---

From: Richard Ham <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 03:35:08 +0000

There are two different styles of e1 NAC - one has 30 dsp's on board, the
otehr is a t1 NAC with a 6 dsp daughter board.....

Regards,

Richard

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Lynch" <[email-masked]>
To: "Richard Ham" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2001 1:03 PM
Subject: Re: [USR-TC] Hiperdsp upgrade

--jeff

---

From: Jeff Lynch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 02:29:31 +0000

Problem solved, thanks to Steve Rivera -www.wrca.net
<[email-masked]>. Eventhough we had some problems with shipping, these
guys made good and came through for us. We are not associated with
wrca.com, just plotting a datapoint for those looking for references.

--jeff

---

From: Ed Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 20:03:03 +0000

I still want to know how to truly get V.92! No one has given a straight
forward answer on this bs from 3com. Is it fully operational code yet?
If so how do you obtain it and what's the cost involved and so on and so
forth. Also why is 3com gouging the ISP's that helped drive this
division and give them years of profits and revenue?

As you can tell I am a bit disturbed. After the last email to the list
in response to TOM GOODMAN's public airings... all fell deathly silent.
(once again no word from 3com privately or publicly)

Sincerely Upset,

--
Ed Taylor