Subject: [USR-TC] V92 Press Release Offer

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 15:17:39 +0000

ISPs looking to inform or attract customers about the use of V92 can
contact me OFF LIST about putting out a Joint Press Release.

See:  http://www.commworks.com/Press/Wired_Access/  for examples

7/2/2002   Ripnet Delivers Enhanced Internet Access To Customers

7/2/2002   InfoWest Delivers Enhanced Internet Access To Customers

The intent is to get your local papers to pick up on these stories to help you find additional subscribers and/or inform the public that your ISP is
out there.

Its an offer,  there is no charge.

Thanks,

Tom Goodman
CommWorks Corporation
Sales

---

From: Cindy Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 16:17:38 +0000

Question -- Is this code actually good enough to deploy on wide scale. 
V.90 was a nightmare for us. We have around 12,000 customers. It took as a 
very long time to tweak all the different types of modems with various 
strings. Are we now going to have to go back and undo all of that when we 
move to V.92?

We have the contract for the code. We added the memory, replaced the 
various cards that needed replacing. I have not upgraded the hubs to the 
new code out of fear. Fear of the calls pouring in from customers with 
connection issues that will take us months to straighten out.

Thanks in advance for your insight,

-- 
----------------------------
Cindy Smith	830-896-1111
KTC iNet	SysAdmin
----------------------------

---

From: Todd Bertolozzi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 17:06:29 +0000

I recommend putting the code on a smaller pop and watching failed statistics
for that site or see if your call volume rises from that area.

Todd

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Cindy Smith
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2002 12:15 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [USR-TC] V92 Press Release Offer

_______________________________________________
USR-TC mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/usr-tc

---

From: Support <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 17:21:32 +0000

Hi.  How do you tell what the failure reason is?  With our older equipment,
we'd get a breakdown of failures due to authentication, negotiation, etc...

Todd Chamberlain
[email-masked]

---

From: Todd Bertolozzi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 17:40:31 +0000

If you highlight the utilization portion of the dsp in TCM and go to
performance...you can see quite a variety of things.  Just seeing the
incomming connections established and failed is useful in itself.  All of
these stats are obtained via snmp so if you can determine the OID you can
collect the stats any way you want.

Todd

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Support
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2002 1:22 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [USR-TC] V92 Press Release Offer

Todd Chamberlain
[email-masked]

---

From: Marshall Morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 07:20:33 +0000

Tom, let me know what I need to do.

Cindy, I agree ... where can one get this unreleased, working code 3.5.103
(it's not on the website! Arg!)  The ARC and NMC code we use is stable but
the DSP code has not been (3.5.100, etc).  Anyone?

Marshall Morgan

Internet Doorway, Inc (aka NETDOOR)
http://www.netdoor.com

601.969.1434 x28 | 800.952.1570 x28 | 601.969.3629 x28 | Fax 601.969.3838