Subject: (usr-tc) Minimum Power Supply requirements?

From: Mark Thornton <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 02:58:57 +0000

What is the minimum power supply requirements for a loaded dsp chassis, say
10 dsp's and 2 arc's? What is required to have redundancy within the
chassis? At what number of cards does a dual 70 amp chassis not provide
redundancy if this is a problem?

Another related question, how many dsp's can be handled by an arc? With the
new multi trunk dsp's the limit must be fairly high. Is there a realistic
need for more than one in a chassis containing only single trunk dsp's?

Mark Thornton
San Marcos Internet, Inc.
512-393-5300

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Jonathan Byrne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 06:35:42 +0000

> need for more than one in a chassis containing only single trunk dsp's?

I have run 14 DSPs on one arc with no problems (single-PRI models, the
only one they sell in Japan), but normally run two arcs in each chassis
for failover purposes.  I've only needed that failover twice, but it
was nice to have those two times.

Cheers,

Jonathan Byrne, CCNA                            Network Engineer
Exodus Communications, K.K.                     Engineering Division
http://www.exodus.co.jp/                        http://www.gol.com/

-

---

From: Mark Thornton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 21:54:07 +0000

Anyone have any details on the power supply issues?

Mark Thornton

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Thornton" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2001 7:26 PM
Subject: (usr-tc) Minimum Power Supply requirements?

-