Subject: (usr-tc) Upgrading DSP - adding more

From: "The NOC (COX Internet)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 20:09:44 +0000

Heres what I just found:  When I do a show chassis slot 6 (which is the slot
having problems), I get the settings: Number of Ports: 23 and DYNAMIC
Console: Yes.  When I do any of the other slots I get Number of Ports: 24
and DYNAMIC Console: NO.  I hope this piece of information helps.  I am lost
as to why its doing this.

Bryan

-- Original Message --

 Ok.  I just upgraded the DSP code from 1.0.8 to 2.0.51 and I now have 2 red
 lights on my DSP card.  The 2 red lights are ALM and LPBK/D-ALM.  Is there
a
 problem with that version of code or did I over look something during the
 upgrade.  The ARC card version is 4.2.32-1 and the NMC card is 5.5.5.  I
did
 the upgrade and then rebooted the card and after the reboot it came up with
 the 2 alarms.  Since then I have had somebody pull out the card twice and
 put it back in.  Any suggestions?

 Bryan
 NOC Technician
 COX Internet

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Dave Lajoie <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 21:22:39 +0000

Bryan,

	Check to be sure your trunk settings are correct or the same as
your other DSP cards.

Dave Lajoie
RA Administrator
E-Mail: [email-masked]

-

---

From: Brian <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 07:47:52 +0000

I would statically define the cards myself, and forget about
nmc_chassis_awarness

>  "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

-----------------------------------------------------
Brian Feeny (BF304)     [email-masked]   
318-222-2638 x 109	http://www.shreve.net/~signal      
Network Administrator   ShreveNet Inc. (ASN 11881) 	      

-