Subject: (usr-tc) Turning on PPP in modem or something to that degree

From: Andrew Tadros <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 22:45:23 +0000

I had equipment failure ,  due to a Hiper Arc consistantly rebooting and taking down my service. It was very tiresome and drawn out process, anyways.  I had temporaly replaced the hiper Arc with a netserver card. 

I remember the the Hiper Arc would auto initiate PPP string after logging in and passing a correct username and password.  It does not do this with a Netserver card, or at least it's defaults don't do this.  Does anyone have the command string to turn this on.  

Thanks 

Andrew.

---

From: Marcelo Souza <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 14:08:26 +0000

On Wed, 24 Nov 1999, Andrew Tadros wrote:

|I had equipment failure , due to a Hiper Arc consistantly rebooting and
|taking down my service. It was very tiresome and drawn out process,
|anyways.  I had temporaly replaced the hiper Arc with a netserver card.
|
|I remember the the Hiper Arc would auto initiate PPP string after
|logging in and passing a correct username and password.  It does not do
|this with a Netserver card, or at least it's defaults don't do this.  
|Does anyone have the command string to turn this on.

	usage: set pppmodem on|off

- Marcelo

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.