Subject: [USR-TC] Has anyone flashed a Hiper Arc Via Console?

From: Steve Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 21:25:45 +0000

I tried to do this last night with no luck whats so ever.  The documentation 
that came with the firmware explains how to flash via the consol, but it 
looks like the directions are for the DSPs. and not valid for the HiperArc.  
Does anyone have any Step-by-Step instructions on how to do this?

-Steve

---

From: Mark Nicholas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 21:11:28 +0000

Boot the HiperArc. When the BOOT PROM Version statement comes up, it pauses
before loading the kernel.  Type AT{Z}. It MUST be all CAPS.  Hit enter
after typing it. The following message will appear: "Begin download now.".
Begin your ZModem tranfer however  your terminal program does it.  I use
SecureCRT, and it automatically pops up with the file selection window.  I
believe in Hyperterminal, you would go to Transfer and Send File.  You would
select the file and the way to send it (X-modem, Z-modem etc,) Select
Zmodem.

I hope this helps.

Mark

Mark Nicholas,                        [email-masked]
CCNA                                     601.969.1434
Internet Doorway, Inc.             http://www.netdoor.com/

> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Steve Johnson" <[email-masked]>
> To: <[email-masked]>
> Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2001 3:25 PM
> Subject: [USR-TC] Has anyone flashed a Hiper Arc Via Console?
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> USR-TC mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/usr-tc
>
>
>