Subject: RE: [USR-TC] Software Agreement- RE

From: Meng Tsai <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 14:34:29 +0000

Hi,
My personal view, 
You all have great suggestion and precise fact toward 3Com's
attutide on taking care of the small ISP.

I have seeing the same topic come up every year, or 6 months.

People in this list still have the same opinion as 3 yrs ago,
so as 3Com.  We are the customer who decide to
pay and buy their equipment in the 1st place.

It is like the marriage in real life.  One party decide to go for
the marriage but also settle his/her mind to change
the other party's behavior in the afterward life.

Think about who is to blame here.

Sorry, I just can't refrain myself not saying above.

Wish we all well.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Mcadams [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2002 10:19 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [USR-TC] Software Agreement- RE

Also sprach Ronald Kushner
>Jeff Mcadams wrote:
>> Actually, threats to buy Cisco is *exactly* what will get things
>> accomplished.  

>Why make threats? Like Nike says, just do it.

You're right, of course.  Just making *empty* threats won't accomplish
anything either.  Which is why I have been open and honest on this list
about demo'ing the Cisco gear...things move slowly around here (oi...one
of my complaints about working at IgLou), but we are moving towards
purchasing Cisco access server gear to replace the 3Com.

>I never really bitched too loudly about the contracts, I just voiced my
>dissatisfaction of their software policies with my pocketbook.

Indeed...ultimately, that's the only reason that 3Com will change their
errant ways, if they lose customers.  The reason that I have been vocal
about it because I had always hoped that 3Com would wake up to the fact
that they're pissing off a significant number of their customers and
change their ways before *I* had to make the jump.  I felt the more
noise that I made about the possibility of us switching, the more weight
it would give...but as Steve pointed out, I am just a small fry in the
overall scheme of things.  I do it anyway thinking maybe I'll be the
straw that broke the camel's back, but knowing that the chances are
slim.

>There used to be a time where the Cisco modems had issues with about
>15% of new users, but these days it's not even 1/2 of 1 per cent. The
>only advantage 3Com had has been closed substantially by Cisco.

That's nice to hear about the Cisco actually...that had been my one
point that I had been unsure about the switch to Cisco...I knew that
there had been issues with the Cisco gear on this in the past...nice to
know that its been resolved (for all intents and purposes).  That tidbit
just makes it that much more likely that IgLou will switch.
-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456

_______________________________________________
USR-TC mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/usr-tc

---

From: Todd Bertolozzi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 15:57:40 +0000

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Meng Tsai" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2002 10:33 AM
Subject: RE: [USR-TC] Software Agreement- RE

> Think about who is to blame here.

*******Who's that?  All the CTO's out there?*****************

Todd