Subject: (usr-tc) AO/DI supported?

From: Walt Gnann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 00:36:19 +0000

I have a customer that wants to have a 24/7 ISDN connection but doesn't want
to pay for a dedicated ISDN line to us (gee, I guess all customers want that
;)  The ISDN router he's using supports AO/DI where the D-Channel stays
active and brings up the B channels automatically for incoming data.  Is
this something supported by the TC box, telco providing the ISDN, or both?
Anything need to be configured/set on the TC to support these connections?
Any other considerations in providing this type of service?

Thanks,

Walt
-----------------------------------------------
Walter N. Gnann
ISLC, Tech Support
http://www.islc.net
843.770.1000
-----------------------------------------------

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Mark Thornton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 01:18:25 +0000

This requires a couple of things be supported. The TCH must support an X.25
connection to the telco which the telco must provide service for. The TCH
must also be able to mutlilink in the X.25 session with the additional
b-channels as they come up, or be able to transition between the 16 kb/sec
X.25 link to the ISDN channels intelligently. That is why the technology
haas never really gotten off the ground. I talked to the local telco about
X.25 once and got really blank stares back, particularly when I wanted it
linked to traffic coming off the ISDN 'D' channel that is not control
messages. You  get into X.25 addressing issues, etc. Your head is probably
spinning right now from all of this. This is where I gave up. I did hear
back that 3Com had a version of Hiperarc code that would support this
feature somewhere.

Mark Thornton
San Marcos Internet, Inc.
512-393-5300

----- Original Message -----
From: Walt Gnann <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2000 5:30 PM
Subject: (usr-tc) AO/DI supported?

-