Subject: (usr-tc) Disconnect reasons

From: Greg owens <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 03:42:40 +0000

Looking at the Total Control It will list several types of disconnect reasons.....rcvdGatewayDiscCmd, NormalUserCallClear,v42DisconnectCm, along with several others...Where can I find a explanation of these reasons. Which ones other than CarrierLoss should alert me to problems other than the users just logged off.  Thanks
Greg Owens
Magnolia Internet Services
http://www.magnolia-net.com

---

From: Mike Andrews <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 09:24:00 +0000

3Com has a website somewhere that explains them all.  But off the top of
my head, the common ones are:

Gateway Disconnect Command: the ARC dropped the session, maybe because you
did a "disconnect user" or rebooted the card, or more likely PPP
negotiation or authentication failed.

v.42 disconnect command received: The remote modem specifically told yours
to hang up cleanly.  Normal disconnect.

Normal user call clearing: same thing.

DS0 teardown: Could be normal, or could be that they hung up on
you.  (Call waiting, user's computer lost power, Windows crashed, 
whatever)

Retransmit limit or unable to retrain: Usually serious line noise (maybe
call waiting) killed the connnection off.  Or maybe the user's got a
crummy Winmodem.

Protocol error event: There's probably a Rockwell HCF at the other end.
Send 'em to http://808hi.com/56k/rockhcf.htm if so.  :-)

Anyway, that's the quick version... 3Com has a better list somewhere.

Mike Andrews (MA12) * [email-masked] * http://www.bit0.com/
VP, sysadmin, & network guy, Digital Crescent Inc, Frankfort KY
Internet services for Frankfort, Lawrenceburg, Owenton, Shelbyville
"Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things."

> http://www.magnolia-net.com 

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.