Subject: [USR-TC] restricting access to specif interface

From: Gen Camiling <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2002 19:46:03 +0000

Got about two scenarios in here that need some suggestions and expert advice
from the list:

a. I will be doing Virtual Port Hosting services and i would like to restrict my
clients' access to a specified number of interfaces as agreed upon. TC-1000 has
14 HiperDSP,HARC,HNMC with the latest codes on it.
I would only allow him access to 3 HiperDSPs. Client will
be given pilot number to dial-in for their access.
Question:
        1.  How do i restrict the access of this particular client only
                to the given interfaces.  And if a none allowed username dialed
                into those interfaces it would be rejected, call will be
                dropped?

Im looking into the "set swithed interfaces" and "set modem" commands just not
sure if it will do the trick.

b.  What if my client will be implementing pre-paid internet cards services, if
i will implement a username/password on the interfaces, how will the accounting
for these pre-paid users get tracked since in my understanding (please do
correct me if it's wrong) if authentication was done locally TC does not provide
accounting logs to the configured RADIUS server.

-- 
Best regards,
Gen 

==================================
Gen Camiling 
Chief Technical Officer                       
International Micro Village, Inc. PHILIPPINES
(63)(2) 7512130

mailto:[email-masked]

==================================

---

From: V <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2002 03:52:45 +0000

For Virtual Port Hosting.

Restricting the clients for a specific interface can be done but you need
Telco to provide you DNIS numbers specific to those ports/interfaces.  The
only problem here is you cannot verify if the user connected really belongs
to your customer or not.  The other way around this is you can use certain
radius servers that support VPP which will ensure that your client gets
exactly the same number of ports that he is assigned for. This is useful for
you could have your customers say X number of ports and these ports can be
spread across various chassis and you would still be able authenticate and
share your ports.

TC does provide accounting even if the users are authenticated locally, not
really sure if you need username and password to be local for your pre-paid
service.  Pre-paid service can be setup using Radius and given a choice I
will use radius for Pre-Paid service.

- V

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gen Camiling" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, July 05, 2002 8:59 PM
Subject: [USR-TC] restricting access to specif interface

> _______________________________________________
> USR-TC mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/usr-tc