Subject: [USR-TC] Periodic Authentication problem on the Hiper ARC

From: Patrick Ndegwa <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 09:57:21 +0000

Hi there.

I am experiencing a problem that I was wondering if any else has
experienced. I am running a 3Com Chassis with Hiper ARC (code ver 5.3.2)
with 7 Hiper DSP Cards (code ver 3.5.13). Every few days, I experience a
problem when authenticating users on Radius. For some strange reason, some
users get authenticated properly while some, do not get authenticated
because their passwords are sent as some garbled characters. Now this goes
on until a reboot is done on the Hiper ARCD card. After that, everything
works fine.

What could be causing this problem and what can I do to fix it?

Cheers,

Patrick Ndegwa,

---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.375 / Virus Database: 210 - Release Date: 7/10/2002

---

From: V <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 13:50:34 +0000

5.3.2 is the latest code, can you run monitor radius and see what exactly is
happening to the authentication?
It will show you what is happening and you will be able to find out why
there is authentication problems.
Also you should be able to get support directly from 3com for this issue as
you are running the latest code.

-Vh
----- Original Message -----
From: "Patrick Ndegwa" <[email-masked]>
To: "USR- TC" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, July 12, 2002 4:57 AM
Subject: [USR-TC] Periodic Authentication problem on the Hiper ARC

> _______________________________________________
> USR-TC mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/usr-tc