Subject: RE: (usr-tc) billing software

From: Chris Pappe <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 21:47:12 +0000

At 02:03 PM 1/25/00 -0500, you wrote:

>On Tue, 25 Jan 2000, Stainforth, Matthew wrote:
>
> > A company tried to pitch a package to us that used telnet to check
> > periodically.  *gag*
>
>This reminds me of something I forgot to mention in my previous
>message.
>
>There's a radius server called Radiator which maintains a current-
>calls database for concurrency checking; it updates it with the
>accounting-start & stop records. To alleviate problems with lost
>packets causing it to get out of sync, it periodically checks the
>hub via SNMP and compares who's really on with who it thinks is
>logged on.

Vircom (www.vircom.com) makes a proxy radius sever that does the same 
thing.  It allows us to use multiple unix radius servers that all get 
queried by the proxy radius server.  Also a list of users currently online 
can be viewed from a browser as can all login errors such as simultaneous 
logins or bad passwords.  As with Radiator, SNMP is used to maintain an up 
to date list of users.  This product has worked very well for us.

Happy New Year!
You may have survived the Y2K crisis...
But what about the Y5B crisis?  www.y5b.com

Chris Pappe
[email-masked]        www.acronet.net
AcroNet Professional Internet Services Inc
7850 30th Ave., Kenosha, WI 53142-4610
Tel: (414) 697-2220  Fax: (414) 697-2223

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.