Subject: (usr-tc) SNMP Guidance

From: Scot Desort <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2000 03:59:44 +0000

I'm reaching out to the list for a little help with SNMP. I am really green
with it, and was wondering if anyone knows of some good resources -- books,
online, whatever, regarding SNMP. I need to setup some thorough monitoring
of my TC gear, as well as my Cisco stuff.

In addition, I will need something to capture traps. I have a Linux box that
I play with, but don't know enough to use SNMP with it. We are primarily an
NT shop, so preferably something that runs on NT. I know there's SNMPC, but
there must be something out there that's not so pricey.

Any suggestions? Email off-list if you wish.

Thanks,

--
Scot

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Charles Sprickman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 18:04:09 +0000

If the searchable archives are up, try searching for posts from David
Bolen regarding snmp.  He was pretty much the USR guru, and he knew
everything there was to know about snmp in general and specifics in
dealing with TC gear...

Charles

-

---

From: Scot Desort <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 04:36:34 +0000

Any idea where the archives are?

----- Original Message -----
From: Charles Sprickman <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, July 10, 2000 12:02 PM
Subject: Re: (usr-tc) SNMP Guidance

-