Subject: (usr-tc) Syslog Entries

From: Charles Sprickman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 23:20:30 +0000

Hello All,

While troubleshooting some radius problems (look out for multihomed radius
servers!), I came across some odd entries in the syslog output of the
HARC.  If anyone knows what these mean, I'd love to know:

Apr  6 17:05:52 TC-4-HARC.oldslip.inch.com At 21:05:52, Facility "GWC
Modem Driver", Level "UNUSUAL":: GWCMDM_AL, slot:3/mod:2 TAPI OPEN failed
Apr  6 17:05:52 TC-4-HARC.oldslip.inch.com At 21:05:52, Facility "GWC
Modem Driver", Level "UNUSUAL":: GWCMDM_AL, slot:3/mod:2 TAPI_OPEN failed,
retrying  
(the slot mentioned is a Quad)

Apr  6 17:05:52 TC-4-HARC.oldslip.inch.com At 21:05:52, Facility "SBUS",
Level "UNUSUAL":: pbpci_error_processing: BTO_ACK    
(??)

Apr  6 17:04:58 TC-5-HARC.oldslip.inch.com At 21:04:58, Facility "GWC
Modem Driver", Level "UNUSUAL":: GWCMDM_AL, Unknown SBUS Message 9
../../src/al_sbus.c 541
(not comforting - unknown sbus message??)

Apr  6 17:04:48 TC-4-HARC.oldslip.inch.com At 21:04:48, Facility "IP
Routing Process", Level "UNUSUAL":: OSPF CFM Save Failed, cfm_status=(bad
status), detailed_status=ES_SUCCESS 
(don't have ospf enabled)

Anyhow, if you have any info, let me know.  I'm starting to think the
first three messages have to do with my "quads auto-busy on 4.2.32 but not
any 4.1.x harc code) problems...

Is it a fair guess to say that the 3Com folks have left this list?  I
can't remember the last time I saw Krish or Mike post here...  They used
to be good at helping with stuff like this...

Thanks,

Charles

| Charles Sprickman                  | Internet Channel
| INCH System Administration Team    | (212)243-5200 
| [email-masked]                     | [email-masked]

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.