Subject: RE: [USR-TC] Anybody have v.92 working yet?

From: Ed Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 20:31:41 +0000

OK.

Quite means nothing has been stated in almost amonth and it's still
Beta. Competition has had it for sometime now.

--
Edgar D. Taylor

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Saturday, February 16, 2002 1:35 PM
To: Ed Taylor
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [USR-TC] Anybody have v.92 working yet?

ALL.

Who's quite.  My posting on Dec 21st when final Beta was release
(actually posted in Jan  for some reason) stated a 60 day Beta.  Final
release due end of Feb.  Look for a posting of Software to Total Service
sometime the week of the 25th.

We are releasing V92 (Modem on Hold. Quick Connect & PCM Upstream) and
will also have V.44 compression.  Our competitors from what ISPs tell me
have only MOH and QC.  Advantage Total Control Users.

Thanks,

Tom

"Ed Taylor" <[email-masked]>@mailman.xmission.com on 02/16/2002 05:45:20 AM

Sent by:  [email-masked]

To:   <[email-masked]>
cc:
Subject:  [USR-TC] Anybody have v.92 working yet?

Does ANYONE have v.92 working yet on 3com?

If not I wonder why. 3com should have released v.92 months ago... And
all has been quite recently about it.

--
Edgar D. Taylor

_______________________________________________
USR-TC mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/usr-tc

_______________________________________________
USR-TC mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/usr-tc

---

From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 14:56:50 +0000

Also sprach SCCL
>You mean Al Huefner who was VP of Customer Service of USR Carrier
>Division now in Cisco....no matter why CommWorks is something else, no
>more mercy like USR anymore..... miss old days......

Yeah, Al is (or at least was) VP of customer Service for 3Com, he
continued on in that position as CommWorks was kinda broken out into
their own company (or whatever status it has now).  I'm not sure about
his current status, but as far as I'm aware, he's still in the same
position.

Are you saying he's over at Cisco now?  That would surprise me, but I
guess it could certainly happen.  I'd love to have some confirmation of
this as, if its true, I suspect there actually is a chance of getting
CommWorks to change their support contract policies as Al was *the*
person responsible for them in the past.

*skeptical but hopeful*
-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456

---

From: Ed Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 12:42:03 +0000

Scott Trautman wrote:
"I don't think Commworks, profit and loss-wise has done NEARLY as well
as even small ISP's--I think they're hemorrhaging money most likely. I
doubt any of you are."

Poor 3com! Scott do you really truly believe there is no profit margin
built into the 3com equipment? They have been manufacturing almost the
same product for years. The prices are still high. They make money as do
their vendors. The problem lies in Management and the lack of customer
support that allows them to maintain a good return customer base. ISP's
are leaving 3com for a good reason. Wake up.

On the other hand do you read the news? Do you know how many CLEC's and
ISP's have gone under as of late?

Who CARES what Ascend is doing? I sure the hell don't and would NEVER
use that equipment (did once only because we purchased another ISP that
used that equipment). People are not leaving 3com for Ascend... Why
would they? People are leaving 3com for Cisco and Patton... DAILY. Why?
Because it's a better deal with a company that really wants your
business and supports what they sell... Reasonably.

Scott... I am curious. How many ports do you have (we have over 3000)?
How long have you been using 3com (we have used it for over 6 years)?
Did you recently do an upgrade program to get all your equipment up to
date? The reason for these questions is why would anyone in their right
mind want someone to charge more? You apparently have other motives to
your email. I am not sure exactly what but keep on posting and I am sure
the wise on this list will figure it out.

Look I could go on and on. As could Jeff McAdam's and many others.
However, at this time I will wait for what 3com has to say to me. If it
is not positive I will move on to other equipment and it will be their
loss not mine.

--
Edgar D. Taylor
President/CEO
FIRST USA Inc.
Voice: (800)716-6190
Email: [email-masked]
Web: www.1st.net
--