Subject: RE: [USR-TC] hyperARC reboot

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 21:52:19 +0000

Tom,

If you have a HiPer ARC card that is constantly failing or rebooting you can
do a crash dump on the HiPer ARC's CLI so that higher level engineers can
determine what's happening to the card before it fails or reboots.

1. Telnet or make a console connection to the Hiper ARC  
2. At the command line type:
show board crashdump

3. Copy and paste the information to notepad, wordpad, Microsoft Word, etc.
before the card reboots again.

4. The bad news: you need a contract to have this deciphered.

You can shot-gun the problem and just try reloading the code, but if the
flash is bad..this won't do much good.

Maybe someone on the list reads crash dumps?  :)

Rick
Team Solunet

-----Original Message-----
From: thomas [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2002 4:15 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [USR-TC] hyperARC reboot

greetings,

I have some hyperARC reloading randomly. I don't know why and where it come
from. has anyone already got this problem too and resolved it ! can anyone
give me ideas to identify the problem ?

_______________________________________________
USR-TC mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/usr-tc

---

From: Ed Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 11:45:23 +0000

Does ANYONE have v.92 working yet on 3com?

If not I wonder why. 3com should have released v.92 months ago... And
all has been quite recently about it.

--
Edgar D. Taylor