Subject: (usr-tc) Quicken online payment process not working with TC

From: Colin Wantling <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 09:36:29 +0000

Tom,

does the problem go away if you set the framed MTU size to 1500 on Radius
(or set MTU to 1500 on HiperArc if no Radius)?

Colin Wantling

Enertel, Zwolle
Netherlands

I am a new migrator to TC's from PM3's. I still have 4 of the PM3's. I use
Quicken from home to balance my checking account and to do online
payments, and I found out this morning that if I am connected thru a PM3,
it connects to the host server just fine, but if I'm connected to my TC,
then it just times out and will not connect. Has anyone ever seen this or
could tell me what ports this might be running on?

Tom Swenson
NetConX - Internet Access - Web Design - Client Managed Web Database
Applications
[email-masked]
http://www.netconx.net
(515) 421-4170 - Voice	(515) 423-3351 - FAX

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Tom Swenson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 14:34:44 +0000

I have solved the problem. With Richard's mentioning of www.compaq.com, I
searched the newsgroups and did some testing, and found I had at some time
in the past changed the framed-mtu for myself to 500 for some unknown
reason. Apparently, the portmasters I have are not reading the framed-mtu
setting, but the TC is. Luckily, I was the only one with this problem.
Thanks for everyone's help.

Tom Swenson
NetConX - Internet Access - Web Design - Client Managed Web Database
Applications
[email-masked] 					         http://www.netconx.net
(515) 421-4170 - Voice	(515) 423-3351 - FAX

*********** REPLY SEPARATOR  ***********

-