Subject: (usr-tc) Where to find 3Com TC config help <newbie>?

From: Greg Bretting <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 02:31:50 +0000

Hey all,

I'm looking for an online source of info (FAQ, howto, whatever) on how
to configure a 3Com TC chassis with a PRI span.  Anyone know of a good
reference?

In case anyone's curious or can lend a hand...

This isn't for a typical application -- it will be used as a head-end
for automated V.90 modem testing and will probably never have more than
one DS0/user active at one time.  Don't need RADIUS or any kind of
accounting or security, and want to configure the system so that an
incoming call is automatically routed to a port on a terminal server.  I
know it's kinda wierd, but that's what I need to make the test work.  

I've done this with Max4000 boxen, but TC/TCM is a bit of a mystery so
far.  I think I'm just a couple of clues short of getting it done, so
would like to find some handy online reference to fill in the blanks.
Tried the 3Com support site, and so far have only found either large
.pdf files that show you how to plug in the cards (bah!), or other
documentation that tells me everything but the basic step-by-step PRI
config.

Any help mucho appreciated...

Greg

-- 
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention
in human history with the possible exceptions of handguns and
tequila."
       Mitch Ratliffe, _Technology Review_ April, 1992 

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.