Subject: (usr-tc) T1-186 & HyperArc 4.2.32-1?

From: Mark Thornton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 00:42:57 +0000

According to the compatibility matrix the T1-186 code version 3.5 is not
compatible with TCS 3.6 which includes the Arc code 4.2.32-1. I just noticed
this is the configuration I am running with no apparent ill effects. This
may go back to the discussion of what version of code to run on the Arc, but
is anyone else running this configuration? Does it seem appear stable to you
as well?

What benefit is there to replacing the old T1 card with the newer PRI/T1
card? I'n not really keen on dumping the quads yet because they are working,
and at times they seem to be more compatible with the worthless modems of
the world than my DSP's.

Mark Thornton
San Marcos Internet, Inc.
512-393-5300

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Brian Elfert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 01:45:21 +0000

> may go back to the discussion of what version of code to run on the Arc, but

The compatability matrix is a listing of what has been tested together as
a group.  

It does not necessarily mean a particular rev won't work.  They may not
have gotten the 386 T1 code into that round of testing.  

How you tell if a code really doesn't work, or if it wasn't tested at all,
I don't know.

Brian

-