Subject: [USR-TC] Dead effing air... again and again.

From: Stephen Amadei <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 03:27:15 +0000

I am at wits end with this problem.

We have some new dialup we are opening... we have a DS3, which is
going through a Carrier Access to split into 28 PRIs.

These PRI's are going to two Total Controls, each with 14 DSPs, 2 ARCs
and a Hiper NMC.  We have three huntgroups... one is 10 PRIs, all NFAS...
the other two are 18 PRIs, the first 14 are NFAS and live in one
chassis, the other 4 PRIs are on the same chassis as the first 10, but
use FAS.

The Total Controls are flashed with the latest TCS 4.3 code... 5.2.102 for
the ARCs, 3.1.7 for the DSPs and 8.2.7 for the NMC.  All ports are
set for the DMS100 switchtype.

The second chassis, the one with the 14 PRIs huntgrouped and NFASed, is
giving me lots of trouble.  Actually, the first one might be giving me
trouble as well, but less people are testing and the 4 FAS cards never get
used as they get traffic after the 14 PRIs in the second chassis overflow.

We have had reported problems with low connect speeds and dead air with
the second chassis.  If I reboot, everything is fine for about 15 minutes,
then people start getting booted off.  Right now, if I dial I get dead air
everytime, however, some people (on card 9 and card 12) seem to be doing
fine.  In total frustration, I reflashed the DSP cards to 2.0.51, as it is
the code we use elsewhere, but the dead air problem remains.

These new lines are in a colo, where we get the DS3 directly from a CLEC,
which is new to use.  We are also using the DS3 widebank for the first
time.  We are also using NFAS for the first time.  I am stumped, and don't
know what to try next.

Any ideas would be appreciated, and the quicker the better.  Thanx in
advance.

					----Steve
Stephen Amadei
Dandy.NET!  CTO
Atlantic City, NJ