Subject: Re: (usr-tc) Going nowhere fast...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 04:10:27 +0000

>When you say you got a third box - I understand that you got a USR 
>Chassis, with a T1 card, modems, nmc and a router card (either Hiper arc 
>or NETSERVER). From what you say is that the users dial in and they get 
>authenticated but cannot browse etc, then the problem is on the router 
>card or on your network.  
>
>May be you are running out of IP address, or maybe the ip address are 
>overlapping, or you have a problem with arp cache - 
>So in short looks like our t1 card is fine and you need to take a look at 
>the routing part of the connection.
>

I just had the same problem and my ip addresses were over lapping.
Check to make sure you did not assign the ips anywhere else in your network.  
You may have a static route to a customer that you forgot about and the 
pools is falling into that area.  You may have used some of the ips on a 
web server somewhwere. Start digging in this direction.
eric

>Delaware Online!.........The SMART Choice!  
With 56K V.90 & X2 & Flex Modems 
Phone : 302-762-0375				
Fax: 	302-762-3462		
Failure is NOT an option...

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.