Subject: [USR-TC] V.92 and Teleco

From: Steve Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 19:41:07 +0000

Does the teleco need to support anything special in order for us to support 
V.92.  Assuming I have all the hardware, all the firmware upgrades for V.92, 
am I still limited to V.90 by my teleco?

The reason I'm asking is because of the increased upload speed, seems the 
reason for the limited upload speed on V.90 was due to CO limitations.  

Also what about internet on hold features?  Does it have to be supported by 
the CO?

V.92 may not be worth upgrading to if my Teleco does not support this stuff 
=).   We use PacBell in N. Calif.

-Steve

---

From: Randy Cosby <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 20:47:32 +0000

You should be o.k. with no phone company changes.  Go to
totalservice.comworks.com and get into the software library.  There are
some good docs on the changes for TCS 4.5/V.92/V.44 that are available
without a contract.  

Randy

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Steve Johnson
Sent: Thursday, March 07, 2002 12:41 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [USR-TC] V.92 and Teleco

Does the teleco need to support anything special in order for us to
support 
V.92.  Assuming I have all the hardware, all the firmware upgrades for
V.92, 
am I still limited to V.90 by my teleco?

The reason I'm asking is because of the increased upload speed, seems
the 
reason for the limited upload speed on V.90 was due to CO limitations.  

Also what about internet on hold features?  Does it have to be supported
by 
the CO?

V.92 may not be worth upgrading to if my Teleco does not support this
stuff 
=).   We use PacBell in N. Calif.

-Steve

_______________________________________________
USR-TC mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/usr-tc