Subject: (usr-tc) Flaky modem or telco problem?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 04:50:12 +0000

I'm having a modem problem with a USR TC with DSP based modems.  DSP is
2.0.51, ARC is 4.2.32.  I'm having an odd problem where modem 24 is being
troublesome quite often.  It appears to work for short periods of time
though (a few seconds).  I'm unsure how to identify whether its the modem
or a problem with the telco T1.

Does anyone have any tips on a good way to test the modem or line within
the ARC?  Thanks, Dan

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 07:24:33 +0000

I am inheriting an older Total Control system with a total of (I believe)
46 or 48 modems. I come from a background of Portmaster products. So, I am
curious about software. Is there a Radius server for NT that works with
this equipment? Also, is there something that is similar to PMVision? That
is, allows me to monitor the modems and who is on them and such from the
PC? All from an NT environment? Is this stuff bundled with the hardware or
is it sold extra? Any apps out on the net for this? Any help?

Thanks!

dr

-

---

From: Tom Swenson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 22:00:53 +0000

I also am from a Portmaster background, and was disappointed to find I
couldn't see who was online, how fast, how long, and how idle. I have a
pmwho conversion to a usrwho which is working well, but it won't tell
connect speed or idle time. I have to either telnet into the TC or use TCM
to see how fast. Not very efficient. I also was used to being able to see
a user connecting and be able to see if they were misspelling or putting
@netconx.net on the end of their username, but I can't see it with the
usrwho program. If I'm missing any ways of doing these things, I hope
someone would pass along the secrets. Good luck with your TC's, I like
mine so far except for the monitoring. There is lot's of good info in the
TCM that I didn't have before. I also like going beyond 48 modems in a
chassis.

Tom Swenson
NetConX - Internet Access - Web Design - Client Managed Web Database
Applications
[email-masked] 					         http://www.netconx.net
(515) 421-4170 - Voice	(515) 423-3351 - FAX

*********** REPLY SEPARATOR  ***********

-