Subject: (usr-tc) X2 Key still necessary

From: Ralph Helfenberger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 12:39:57 +0000

Hi everybody
I would like to upgrade a Netserver/Quadmodem based Chasis to V.90. When
I did this last year I had to buy a X2 enable key. This product is no
longer available. So the question I have: Is this key still necessary?
Or do I just upgrade the Quadmodems to the latest code and then I have
V.90 automatically enabled?

Ralph

-- 
==========================================================================
R. Helfenberger                Internet  [email-masked]
Comlight AG                    Tel  +41 31 740 40 40
Industriestr. 17               Fax  +41 31 740 40 90
3178 Boesingen
Switzerland                    www.comlight.ch
==========================================================================

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Steve Rivera <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 17:01:29 +0000

According to Source Technologies and Westcon the X2 key is still
available. However there is a 2 week lead time and the cost about $1000.
Based on how the refurbished market is today it is much more economical
to buy refurbished v90 NMC card (bought 3 yesterday for $200ea).

-

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 15:53:22 +0000

I thought the X2 key was only required for X2 and not for V.90 ?

Jeff Binkley
ASA Network Computing

U>According to Source Technologies and Westcon the X2 key is still
U>available. However there is a 2 week lead time and the cost about
U>$1000. Based on how the refurbished market is today it is much more
U>economical to buy refurbished v90 NMC card (bought 3 yesterday for
U>$200ea).

U>At 11:38 AM 12/07/1999 +0100, you wrote:
U>>Hi everybody
U>>I would like to upgrade a Netserver/Quadmodem based Chasis to V.90.
U>>I When did this last year I had to buy a X2 enable key. This product
U>is no >longer available. So the question I have: Is this key still
U>necessary? >Or do I just upgrade the Quadmodems to the latest code and
U>then I have >V.90 automatically enabled?
U>>
U>>Ralph
U>>
U>>--
U>>=====================================================================
U>===== >R. Helfenberger                Internet
U>[email-masked] >Comlight AG                    Tel  +41 31
U>740 40 40 >Industriestr. 17               Fax  +41 31 740 40 90
U>>3178 Boesingen
U>>Switzerland                    www.comlight.ch
U>>=====================================================================
U>===== >
U>>-
U>>  To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
U>>  with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
U>>  For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages
U>>  send "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your
U>>  message.

U>-
U> To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
U> with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
U> For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
U> "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

CMPQwk 1.42 9999

-

---

From: Sam Lowe <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 16:11:55 +0000

We seem to be having a problem saving settings on our HiPer DSP cards using
TCM (we think).

When we set the switch type and reset the card it would revert back to the
default setting (5ESS).  When the 3Com tech set it, it stayed?

Also the cause codes, timeslot mapping and blocking, and timeslot service
configurations are not taking.  We set them, save the settings to NVRAM, and
reset the card and all the settings revert, BUT, when we restore from nvram
all the settings get the correct values?

Any ideas would be appreciated.  We are running 4.1.59 on the ARC and 2.0.81
on the DSPs.  The NMC is running 5.6.2.  This is a new chassis.

Samuel S. Lowe
Director, Data Services
UniversalCom, Inc.
[email-masked]

-

---

From: Marshall Morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 17:24:04 +0000

I would first upgrade the NMC to 6.2.17 (TCS 3.5 and 3.6) and see if that fixes
the problem.

Marshall Morgan

Internet Doorway, Inc (aka NETDOOR)
http://www.netdoor.com

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked]
> [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Sam Lowe
> Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 1999 8:07 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: (usr-tc) TCM 6.023
>
>

-

---

From: Wayne Barber <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 17:36:14 +0000

The X2 key is required to turn on both X2 and v.90 in a quad modem rack.

Wayne Barber
Coastal Telco Services

> [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Jeff Binkley
> Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 1999 8:41 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: (usr-tc) RE: (USR-TC) X2 KEY STILL
> 
> 
> 
> 

-