Subject: [USR-TC] TCS software - help please!

From: rflist-Ralph <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 23:52:31 +0000

Greetings, all!

I just purchased a used Total Control chassis (got a great deal I think, 
$200) which includes dual power supplies, a dual T1 card, 12 quad digital 
cards, 2 quad ana/dig cards (I need to run analog until I can bring T1's 
in), and net management / Netserver cards.

However...  I can't do much with it without the management software as I 
understand it.  I have the pinouts and will be making a serial cable so I 
can at least set up the IP address, but of course there is a bit more 
config I'd like to do to this thing. :)

I'm not sure what 3com's licensing is like so my apologies if I'm asking 
something that would get anyone in trouble.  But, does anyone possibly have 
an old copy of the software lying around I could get my hands on?  I can't 
download it from them without a contract - which I'm not prepared to 
purchase (I'd like to build a small ISP with these modems, and am doing so 
with very limited funds at the moment), especially on hardware this 
old.  The modems are 56k flashed as I understand it but probably not v.92 
capable.

If anyone can help me out here, I'd appreciate it.  If not, for licensing 
reasons or whatever, I understand.

Thanks,
Ralph Forsythe