Subject: [USR-TC] Help, how to change default route on ospf

From: Tom Swenson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 21:01:26 +0000

My TC has been running so long I no longer remember how to change things
on the ospf interface. It won't let me do a:

 set ip defaultroute gateway 

command, so I think I have to do it in the ospf. I have found the
Designated Router Address as being set to my existing router. I want to
change it to a different one. I have been searching my hard drive and also
the commworks site for answers but can't seem to find any. Anyone out
there know how to do this and save me a huge amount of time.

Thanks.

Tom Swenson
NetConX - Internet Access - Client Managed Web Database Applications
Wireless - Virus Blocking - Spam Blocking
[email-masked] 					         http://www.netconx.net
(641) 421-4170 - Voice	(641) 423-3351 - FAX

---

From: Antonio Querubin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 21:43:26 +0000

>  set ip defaultroute gateway

Try this before setting the static default route:

set ospf global asbr disable

IIRC, if ASBR is disabled OSPF will not use the default route heard via
OSPF.

> there know how to do this and save me a huge amount of time.

The DR is not the same thing as your default gateway.  The DR helps to
distribute routing info among multiple OSPF neighbors but it is not
necessarily the default gateway.  To change the DR you need to adjust the
OSPF priority on the router interfaces and force election of a new DR by
clearing OSPF on the router that is currently the DR.  To change the
default route, you need to adjust the OSPF metrics on the same interfaces.

---

From: Tom Swenson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 03:00:37 +0000

I'm not sure I understand the Designated Router aspect of what you are saying, but I did see the asbr is currently enabled. If I just turn it off, set a default gateway, would I have to do anything else?

Tom Swenson
NetConX - Internet Access - Web Design - Client Managed Web Database Applications
[email-masked] 					         http://www.netconx.net
(641) 421-4170 - Voice	(641) 423-3351 - FAX

*********** REPLY SEPARATOR  ***********

---

From: Antonio Querubin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 04:05:17 +0000

On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, Tom Swenson wrote:

> I'm not sure I understand the Designated Router aspect of what you are
> saying, but I did see the asbr is currently enabled. If I just turn it
> off, set a default gateway, would I have to do anything else?

That "should" work :)