Subject: (usr-tc) routing multiple class c to tc boxes

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 06:01:48 +0000

I know something like this has been asked before I looked but here is my situation. 
Do I have to route a /26 or multiple /27s from my cisco router at my 
total controls (or pm3s) when I have units that are not on the same 
class c as my router.  I have 10 total control units that I would like 
to put on 2 class c address.  I have 2 x 254 =508 ips with 2 class c 
I have 5x48=240 ( includes the nmc and netserver) on 5 tc so 5 can fit on one 
class c and so 5 more could fit on another class c. What is the best 
way to conserve ip space.  Do I need to have a class c to every 2 chassis 
to route a /26 to each chassis?  Can I use a route command on the cisco 
that will make each the majority of two class c addresses useable by the tc box?
thanks
eric
 
Delaware Online!.........The SMART Choice!  
With 56K V.90 & X2 & Flex Modems 
Phone : 302-762-0375				
Fax: 	302-762-3462		
Failure is NOT an option...

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 12:38:48 +0000

Thus spake [email-masked]

>to put on 2 class c address.  I have 2 x 254 =508 ips with 2 class c I
>have 5x48=240 ( includes the nmc and netserver) on 5 tc so 5 can fit on
>one class c and so 5 more could fit on another class c. What is the
>best way to conserve ip space.  Do I need to have a class c to every 2
>chassis to route a /26 to each chassis?  Can I use a route command on
>the cisco that will make each the majority of two class c addresses
>useable by the tc box?

How about doing "ip address x.x.x.x y.y.y.y secondary" on your cisco
with x.x.x.x being from the second /24?  Gives the interface on the
Cisco a secondary address so it'll see the second /24 as directly
connected the same as the first.
-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456

-