Subject: Re: (usr-tc) Rockwell HCF Hell

From: Greg owens <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 06:32:58 +0000

Here in Southern Arkansas, Wal Mart recently had a truck load sale on
Hewlett Packard computers. They all  have the HCF modems oddly enough with
the exception of 1 or 2 they are all working nicely here. Today I set up a
new Compaq with a Lucent Win moden that was getting  between 49 to 52,000
connection rates. We have not seen major problems with these modems
recently.We are running all DSP's in our chassis's.... FWIW we have been 
reccommending and buying a few of the Creative
Labs Modem Blaster that Wal Mart is selling here for around $49.00. The
people that are using these are getting good connection rates and say they
rarely ever loose connction so we didnt loose a customer. Buying and
installing a modem when for a customer when you know they are having
problems and about to leave you is a very cheap investment to keep them
around for a while. Plus when they tell their friends what you have done for
them that my friends is PRICELESS :-)
Greg Owens
Magnolia Internet Services
http://www.magnolia-net.com
----- Original Message -----
From: Brian Elfert <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, December 23, 1999 2:53 PM
Subject: Re: (usr-tc) Rockwell HCF Hell

>
>
> On Thu, 23 Dec 1999, Stephen Amadei wrote:
>
> > We have both Quads and DSP cards, and we are running the _latest_ code.
> > TCS 3.6 with all the fixes.  Most of the modem settings are the 3Com
> > defaults.
>
> We are still running the March '98 code on our Quad modems.
>
> Maybe we're lucky, or aren't trying hard enough, but we don't seem to have
> problems with HCF modems.
>
> I never upgraded to the April 99 code because things are going well, and I
> heard of a few folks having problems with the April 99 code.
>
> Brian
>
>