Subject: (usr-tc) Upgrading a TC

From: Rob <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 00:35:37 +0000

What is the *least* expensive way to upgrade a TC v34 system to v90? Is
there one? Feel free to write me offlist at mailto:[email-masked].

Thenks!
Rob

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Greg Coffey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 00:52:34 +0000

If using quads, you need to upgrade the nmc card.  That used to be about 
$1000 for the key I think from 3Com.  You can find a x2 enabled  used nmc 
card for much less on the net, prob around $3-400.  If using HiperDSP 
cards, you don't need to have the key in the nmc for the x2/v90 to work.

I've seen whole chassis with 48 modems and x2 enabled for under $2k 
recently.  That may be your best bet.

>  "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

Thanks, Greg Coffey                                   <[email-masked]>
Visionary Communications  V 307-234-5443
100 N. Center Suite #100, Casper, WY  82601    www.vcn.com
_________________________________________________________

-

---

From: Jaye Mathisen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 01:16:49 +0000

Buy the V.90 key from 3com.

-

---

From: "G. Owens" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 15:59:14 +0000

Greg Owens
Magnolia Internet Services
South Arkansas' Premier Internet Provider
http://www.magnolia-net.com