Subject: (usr-tc) Converting T1/PRI card to CT1

From: Brad Gass <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 20:44:28 +0000

Hello, all.

Does anyone have CT1 (and possibly PRI as well) firmware available for the 
386 version of the T1 cardset?

I currently use a 186 powered CT1 card and am experiencing some general 
oddness with DS0->modem crossconnects being lost across power cycling the 
chassis, and want to try my spare 386 powered T1 card to see if it solves 
some of the strangeness I'm seeing.  I'm down to that card as the last 
possible of the source of the problem I believe.

My spare is loaded with PRI code, and I don't have PRI's available yet 
unfortunately, or I could use the spare as-is with some reprovisioning.

The need for the PRI code as well is only preliminary now, but I'm told I 
should have PRI capability available soon in that CO, and would convert if 
I needed/wanted to service ISDN connections.

I assume from reading the archives that there is no way of extracting the 
firmware from the card as it is now (PRI) so I can reload it if I do want 
to convert to PRI?  Well, without the use of a soldering iron and a few 
hours at the bench anyway!  I wonder why USR/3Com didn't just expand the 
size of the Flash (if they even needed to), and create firmware that could 
be used in both scenarios?

As always, any and all help/suggestions is greatly appreciated!

Brad

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.