Subject: Re: (usr-tc) HiPerDSP stops at 21

From: K Mitchell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 06:30:08 +0000

At , David Swearingin wrote:
>I have one HiPER DSP that has 21 active calls and then returns a busy signal,
>even though there should be three more modems available.  Any suggestions as
>to why this is happening?

  Sounds like you've got the "hung modem pair" syndrome. If you can figure
out which modems are hung, soft busy them out through TCM to rool the calls
to your next DSP. What I do then is wiat till off-peak and soft busy the
rest of the card then reboot it once all callers are off of it.

-- 
Kirk Mitchell-General Manager        [email-masked]
Keystone Connect                     Unlock Your World
Altoona, PA  814-941-5000/886-2500   http://www.keyconn.net

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Paul Farber <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 18:48:18 +0000

Have telco check the hunting.  If it's a 'fast' busy its thier end.  If
it's a 'normal' busy check the timeslot mapping and that the modems are
'on hook' and ready to take a call.

Paul Farber
Farber Technology
[email-masked]
Ph  570-628-5303
Fax 570-628-5545

On Mon, 24 Jan 2000, David Swearingin wrote:

> David

-

---

From: "Jason A. Nunnelley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 23:38:53 +0000

See if you telco capped your inbound available calls...

JN

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Swearingin" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2000 12:00 AM
Subject: (usr-tc) HiPerDSP stops at 21

-

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 17:21:13 +0000

Yesterday I checked all the DSP Modem programmed settings.  The channels
that have not been working are 3, 23, & 24.  The only differences in the
settings of these three and the rest that are working was in the Call
Control Options.  The Verbal/Numeric Result codes on the three was set at
Verbal instead of Numeric.  The Result Code Groups (X) was 1 instead of 0,
and Rings for Auto Answer (SO|Dip 5) was 1 instead of 0.  I changed these
and then rebooted the card.  

Didn't help.  Last night it still stopped at 21 calls with those three
channels not working.  This morning, I pulled the card out and re-inserted
it.  When calls came in, Channel three was skipped.  Channels 1,2, 4, 5, 6
accepted calls.

I have reported this to the telco and they are checking their end.

Any more ideas?  Running DSP code 2.0.60

David

> "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.
__________________________________________________
David Swearingin ([email-masked])
CARROLLTON INTERNET SERVICE (www.carolnet.com)
First Financial Group, Inc.
11 N. Folger, Carrollton, MO  64633
660-542-3002   Fax 660-542-3003

-

---

From: Brian <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 18:14:31 +0000

get into the dsp

chdev span
dis atstat
dis atab

what do those show?

you did check your channel/modem mapping right?

> > "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

-----------------------------------------------------
Brian Feeny (BF304)     [email-masked]   
318-222-2638 x 109	http://www.shreve.net/~signal      
Network Administrator   ShreveNet Inc. (ASN 11881) 	      

-