Subject: (usr-tc) NMC Upgrade Special for ISPCON

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 17:46:23 +0000

For those that have a need to only upgrade their NMC card be v.92 ready.  We are
able to build out
a limited number of HiPer NMC cards and add a HiPer DSP card to get the pricing
down.

New! Management Card Upgrade Pack Rebate Program
Now service providers have the opportunity to trade in their existing network
management card (NMC)
and trade-up to V.92 hardware ready technology. V.92 technology gives them a
powerful access solution
designed to generate new revenue. Service providers simply purchase the
qualifying Total Control 1000
V.92 Hardware Upgrade Pack which includes a Total Control 1000 (HiPer) DSP Card
Set and Total
Control 1000 P5 (HiPer) Network Management Card Set and trade in their existing
network management
cards to receive a rebate back from 3Com.

Eligible Participants
Internet service providers (ISPs) and competitive local exchange carriers
(CLECs) (ISPs and CLECs are hereinafter collectively referred to as
"service providers") in Canada and the U.S. are eligible to participate in
the Total Control 1000 V.92 Hardware Upgrade Pack Rebate Program.
Claims by resellers or any other party that resells product will not be honored.

How the Upgrade Pack Rebate Program Works
To be eligible for the Management Card Upgrade Pack Rebate, a service provider
must purchase the
Total Control 1000 V.92 Upgrade Pack between October 1, 2001 and November 30,
2001 from any authorized
CommWorks reseller and obtain an invoice and proof of payment (cancelled check).
 Claims by resellers or
any other party that resells product will not be honored. 3Com must receive
program claim forms no later
than December 28, 2001.

The trade up rebate is available only after the purchase of the following:

Eligible Product:SKU Purchased     Product Description  Rebate Per NMC      List
 Price
3C0505297-00   Total Control 1000 V.92 Hardware Upgrade Pack*     $500 (USD)
$7,500

* Management Card Upgrade Pack IncludesQuantity    SKU  Description
1    002092-01 Total Control 1000 (HiPer) DSP Card Set
1    003440-00 Total Control 1000 P5 (HiPer) Network Management Card Set

Do the math:  A Double Play is $12,000 List and includes two (2) 002092-01 so in
 theory $6,000 each
that puts the NMC card at $1,500 in this promo vs. a $4,995 list and there is a
$500 rebate.
So net $1,000 NMC before discounts.

For details and rules:

http://www.commworks.com/Programs/Promotional_Offers/

http://www.commworks.com/Programs/Promotional_Offers/TC1000_v.92_upgradepack/

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Charles Sprickman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 00:41:28 +0000

Hi Thomas,

On Tue, 9 Oct 2001 [email-masked] wrote:

> For those that have a need to only upgrade their NMC card be v.92
> ready.  We are able to build out a limited number of HiPer NMC cards
> and add a HiPer DSP card to get the pricing down.

Thanks for posting that information here, it is appreciated.

Can you also please clarify why the NMC must be upgraded to enable a
feature on the DSP cards?  Specifically, with an old NMC, will I just not
have the ability to set values via TCM on v.92 settings, or will the
feature be completely disabled on the DSP card if it does not see a
current NMC software revision?

Can anyone with beta access confirm or deny this?

I'm quite happy with my NMCs at this point, they serve their purpose.  I
would rather not buy more hardware just for v.92 support.

Thanks,

Charles

-

---

From: Mark Thornton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 17:11:13 +0000

While I would have rathered not installed new hardware either, it has
improved other things unexpectedly. Our MRTG queries almost never fail now,
and the TCM management works, both locally and remotely. With the older NMC
card I could never use TCM if I was not connected to the local network here
in the office. Software installs worked flawlessly as well, which I could
never say about the old NMC. We were always getting timeouts.

I know some have never seen those types of problems and for them the upgrade
is going to be harder to justify. In my case I was able to do so after the
fact.

Mark Thornton
San Marcos Internet, Inc
512-393-5300

----- Original Message -----
From: "Charles Sprickman" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2001 5:38 PM
Subject: Re: (usr-tc) NMC Upgrade Special for ISPCON

-