Subject: [USR-TC] V.92 Update

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 01:03:16 +0000

The v92 BETA as a full system suite will be out to the BETA group by End of
Day today 12/21/01.  That means that General Available code will be out in
approximately 60 days.  Feedback that we received was to release the full
suite vs. partial suite to give full benefits to end users limiting
confusion.

The Full Suite of v92 will include:
Modem on Hold
PCM Upstream
Modem Quick Connect
and
v.44 (replacing v.42bis) increasing to 6:1 compression

PCM Upstream will increase users current upstream connection by
10-12Kb/sec.  Some Vendors product may see reduction in download speeds to
increase upload speeds.  Total Control Hardware should not see a
degradation on the download side with our dual processor design.    This
could differentiate your ISP from an ISP competitor if their Remote Access
Gear either does not support PCM Upstream or if they share processing power
and reduce download speeds.  We will report back performance results on
this as the BETA sites deploy and provide feedback.

Equipment Requirements:

HiPer DSPs or Multi-Spans
HiPer NMC or 333MHz NMCs
HiPer ARC 16/128 or new ARC

The HiPer ARC with 16MB Flash and 128MB DRAM have been shipping since
October 1998.  There are still quite a few customer that will have 8MB
Flash and 64MB DRAM in their Network if purchased prior to 1999.

For those customers with 8MB Flash on their HiPer ARCs please contact me
off list with Qtys, Serial Numbers and if they are used stand alone or as
redundant.

Happy Holidays,

Tom Goodman