Subject: RE: [USR-TC] Problem with Hiper DSP and Hiper ARC cards

From: Jeremy Malli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 16:16:35 +0000

It's most likely because chassis awareness is not enabled ; there are
a couple of ways to handle this.

Leave chassis awareness off and manually set the card type in the
ARC:
	set chassis slot 1-13 card_type hdm_24

Or enable chassis awareness:
	enable nmc chasSIS_AWARENESS

The older code bases sometimes had problems with dynamic slot
assignment and chassis awareness, so it might be prudent to upgrade
to the latest code on all your cards if you plan on using the chassis
awareness features.

Jeremy Malli
Alpha Geek - Visionary
[email-masked]

- -----Original Message-----
From: Patrick Ndegwa [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2002 9:36 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [USR-TC] Problem with Hiper DSP and Hiper ARC cards

Hi there.

I have an USR Total Control Chassis with a Hiper DSP Card (ver
2.1.9), Hiper ARC Card (5.0.9) and an NMC (6.0.9).

The problem is that the Hiper ARC is unable to see the Hiper DSP Card
(shows chassis slot is empty). I have tried different combinations of
chassis slots with no good result. I have even tried to change the
chassis with no positive results either.

I was wondering if anyone has experienced this or has any suggestions
on how to solve the problem. Interestingly enough, using TCM, I am
able to recognize both the Hiper ARC card and the Hiper DSP.

Cheers,

Patrick Ndegwa,
Technical Operations,
UUNET Kenya Ltd.
Tel: +254 2 690 88000
Fax: +254 2 690 88001
http://www.uunet.co.ke

- ---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.360 / Virus Database: 199 - Release Date: 5/7/2002

_______________________________________________
USR-TC mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/usr-tc