Subject: (usr-tc) Dual PRI CARD

From: Lou Bernstein <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 18:51:04 +0000

Hi All

I need a little help here.  I have a TC with a HIPER ARC, several HIPER DSP
cards, some Quad Digital cards and a Dual PRI-Card NAC.  I have been
running for a long time with the HIPER DSP cards without problems.  I now
need to run the Quad cards and can not seem to get the Dual PRI card to
work(it did work at one time).  The PRI line is coming from a Lucent
Definity 3G switch and works fine with the Hiper DSP cards.  When I connect
the PRI line to the Dual PRI card all I get is a busy signal, the link does
show that it is up and there are no alarms..  

The Dual PRI card has the following configuration

Framing Mode				ds1esf
Line Coding				b8zs
Response to remote loopback		ignore
Auto Busy				disabled
Dial In Address			No Address
Dial-in/Dial-out Signal		WINK
ACK WINK				Enabled
Dial in Trunk type     		E&M TYPE II

The settings above are set similarly on the Hiper DSP card.  Any help would
appreciated.

Thanks in advance

LOU

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 19:09:04 +0000

Also sprach Lou Bernstein
>I need a little help here.  I have a TC with a HIPER ARC, several HIPER
>DSP cards, some Quad Digital cards and a Dual PRI-Card NAC.  I have
>been running for a long time with the HIPER DSP cards without problems.
>I now need to run the Quad cards and can not seem to get the Dual PRI
>card to work(it did work at one time).  The PRI line is coming from a
>Lucent Definity 3G switch and works fine with the Hiper DSP cards.
>When I connect the PRI line to the Dual PRI card all I get is a busy
>signal, the link does show that it is up and there are no alarms..  

Probably need to check the configs on the quads to make sure they're set
up to take calls from the PRI...like line source to pritdm, proly some
others that I'm not thinking of off the top of my head...line source
would be the first thing I'd check...and, of course, make sure that the
interfaces are active and up on the Arc so that the quads can get the
signal to answer the call, so they in turn can signal the dual-pri card.
-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456

-