Subject: Re: (usr-tc) PCSDL, is there some sort of trick to this?

From: Steve Valiunas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 17:54:02 +0000

Close,  I think you've got the wrong SDL file version though-  Try this:

pcsdl -p1 -r9600 -vsd3.2.0 -vna5.2.2 -nsdnm -nnanm

I recommend you bump the speed up to 57600 instead of 9600 though (flip
dipswitches 1&2 up on the card & use -r57600).  You're trying to flash it with
the 5.2.2 code, right?  Sometimes it helps if you reseat the NMC after starting
the PCSDL if it doesn't take off right away.

STeve

das <[email-masked]> on 12/21/99 09:35:36 AM

Please respond to [email-masked]

Sent by:  das <[email-masked]>

To:   [email-masked]
cc:    (Steve Valiunas/MW/US/3Com)
Subject:  (usr-tc) PCSDL, is there some sort of trick to this?

I've read all of the documentation.  I've now got some remote NMCs that
have become unreachable via TCM.  I figure that I need to go there and
reflash them via PCSDL.  I've never had to do this before, so I did my
homework.  This is what I'm typing:

pcsdl -p1 -r9600 -vsd5.4.1 -vna5.2.2 -nsdnm -nnanm

This should be all you need correct?  It keeps giving me the following
error message:

Error: No such file or directory.

So, I tried using the -d flag to specify C:\usr_sdl .  But, that didn't
seem to have any affect.

Any ideas?  I don't want to have to go all the way out there tomorrow
without any way to bring these cards up.

TIA,

das

--
____________________________________________
Alex Substanley       Global OnLine Japan
                Engineering Department
Das Man               TEL: 81-3-5334-1700
Systems Engineer      FAX: 81-3-5334-1711
  The Highest Quality Service, Bar None
____________________________________________

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.