Subject: (usr-tc) command to busy out modem ports

From: Brian Burgmeier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 07:40:02 +0000

I've asked for the command before but I can seem to
find the response.  Anyway slot:15/mod:20 and slot:15/mod:19
aren't anwering.  They give either a busy signal or no answer.
I've tried to reset them but that doesn't seem to help.
Could someone again share with me the command for disabling
these two ports so that calls simply roll over to the next available
port?  Is there a real fix for this problem?  Thanks- Brian

slot:15/mod:6   rjs3                        DIALIN PPP  03-DEC-2000
22:05:17
slot:15/mod:7   khudson                     DIALIN PPP  03-DEC-2000
21:39:28
slot:15/mod:8   brianb                      DIALIN PPP  03-DEC-2000
22:06:19
slot:15/mod:9   motorctykid                 DIALIN PPP  03-DEC-2000
21:38:58
slot:15/mod:10  salatega                    DIALIN PPP  03-DEC-2000
21:38:51
slot:15/mod:11  jprice                      DIALIN PPP  03-DEC-2000
21:47:09
slot:15/mod:12  azred                       DIALIN PPP  03-DEC-2000
22:02:38
slot:15/mod:13  kcrust                      DIALIN PPP  03-DEC-2000
21:38:05
slot:15/mod:14  jaeen                       DIALIN PPP  03-DEC-2000
21:38:39
slot:15/mod:15  baseballfans                DIALIN PPP  03-DEC-2000
21:49:08
slot:15/mod:16  heartsfire                  DIALIN PPP  03-DEC-2000
21:35:39
slot:15/mod:17  tawz                        DIALIN PPP  03-DEC-2000
22:12:47
slot:15/mod:18  mn64827                     DIALIN PPP  03-DEC-2000
21:35:35
slot:15/mod:21  amari                       DIALIN PPP  03-DEC-2000
21:35:25
slot:15/mod:22  dsrtmoon                    DIALIN PPP  03-DEC-2000
21:46:50
slot:15/mod:23  kenkenco                    DIALIN PPP  03-DEC-2000
22:04:22
slot:15/mod:24  cullings                    DIALIN PPP  03-DEC-2000
21:35:19
HiPer>>

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Veda Narayan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 16:48:35 +0000

> port?  Is there a real fix for this problem?  Thanks- Brian

What version of code are you using on the HiPer arc and the HiPer DSP?

V

>  "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

===========

-V

==========

-

---

From: Randy Lyle <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 17:45:37 +0000

Does anyone know of a program that you can use to create a setup file for a 
chassis that is on an IP address, run it and have the chassis setup for 
different address?

What I want to do, is re-configure a whole chassis Ip pools, NMC Ip, ARC 
Ip, and all else. Would be nice if I had a program that could view and edit 
a .CFM, or .NVR and then re-upload the changes.

Does anyone have an easy solution for this?
TIA
Randy
[email-masked]

-

---

From: Veda Narayan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 22:22:15 +0000

> a .CFM, or .NVR and then re-upload the changes.
Well, there is no text file etc to do this.  However there is a
easy way to do this.  

So you have a working chassis - say chassis-1 
and you want all the configuration of that chassis on a new chassis chassis-2
First on chassis-1 you do this.

set bulk-file <filename>
save configuration

- Now you tftp this file (binary mode) to a location or to the chassis-2 
hiperarc

use the following commands

set bulkfile <filname>
reboot

This load the chassis-1 configuration to chassis-2, it does include the 
IP address everything, so in order to get rid of the IP address, I normally
configure chassis-1 with a IP network address for the second interface
with the IP address that chassis-2 is going to have and only place 
ethernet connection on chassis-2 for interface 2

This way no configuration changes are necessary

-V

===========

-V

==========

-