Subject: (usr-tc) Chassis Awareness?

From: Mike Greene <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2001 21:46:36 +0000

Last Friday I posted a message to the list (it never showed up though) 
about a problem we saw with the TCH.

Turns out the "Chassis Awareness" for the NMC was disabled.  This happened 
Thursday night at 10:00pm.  I took me a while to figure out what was wrong 
since everything else checked out OK.

I did have a 2nd HARC installed, but not active.  I was looking at the 
'show nmc settings' command and noticed that the Chassis Awareness was 
disabled and remembered from my notes that it should be enabled.  Issuing 
the command, 'enable nmc chassis_awareness' did nothing, but once I pulled 
the 2nd HARC out and issued the command again it accepted it and suddenly 
the system started taking calls again.

What would cause the NMC to loose or have this setting disabled?  Other 
than a malicious person changing it, but the system is protected with a 
good password and there was nothing in the logs to indicate that happened.

- Mike

------------------------------------------------
Rock Island Communications, Inc.  (360)-378-5884
http://www.rockisland.com/  San Juan Islands, WA
------------------------------------------------

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Ved <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 04:38:08 +0000

Chassis awarness is enabled by default.   You would have to disable it else
its always on.
Once you enable "Chassis Awarness" it does not do anything immediately, it
waits for the next NMC
update, once that update is got, depending of if you have DSA and
Rebalancing enabled, you will have some type of changes in the arc
ownership.

Once you pull out a card from the chassis, the NMC takes notice and sends
the chassis awarness message, thus cauing the other arc to own the DSP
currently owned by the ARC that was removed.

 Most likely you had the NMC chassis awarness disabled to start with.

-V

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Greene" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sunday, July 08, 2001 2:41 PM
Subject: (usr-tc) Chassis Awareness?

-

---

From: Mike Greene <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 16:51:59 +0000

>  Most likely you had the NMC chassis awarness disabled to start with.

That wasn't the case though, a while back I was emailing with Jeff McAdams 
about setting up the 2nd ARC and I did a screen shot of the settings and 
included that in my email, it was enabled at that time and I had not made 
any configuration changes since then either.

Sounds like a glitch or something, I never did finish setting up the 2nd 
ARC so I just pulled it out for now.

- Mike

-

---

From: Wilson Diaz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 01:06:03 +0000

Hi,

excusme my english

i have this problem , with hiper dsp , i have configuration it with e1 /r2
and i need get the ani number , i do the next procedure by my total contro
manager , in the dsp card trunk settings in the option dial in address i
check ani (also dnis and ani-dnis) but when i look register by one
administation web page donÂ´t show it , I speak with telco and  say that they
send the code .

thanks

-