Subject: (usr-tc) Management Bus Failures

From: Phil Nass <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 17:45:24 +0000

Hello all,
We have two TC chassis, one has 14 DSP's w/2 ARC's and the other has 6 DSP
w/1 ARC. I am running all ISDN PRI's and all DSP's are at 2.0.60, 4.1.59-6
ARC's and the HiPer NMC's with 6.2.17. The DSP firmware of the DSP's ranges
from .49 to .54.
My problem is that we get sporadic Management Bus Failures - "in both
chassis" and on different cards. When this happens the card re-boots itself
and of course, drops those 23 online. The re-boots do not follow any sort of
pattern and I went a couple of weeks without any and now have had 3 or 4
within the past week. I have switched DSP cards and PRI's. The newer version
2.0.19 does address the management re-boots but only for the .54 and .55
firmware. Anybody have or seen anything similar...??? Any other ideas..???
This is really driving me crazy and BTW: I received another this morning on
SLOT 2 in the 218 chassis. ........... [email-masked] (920) 758-2211
Phil Nass - General Manger @ Lakefield Tel
I have enclosed a portion of my alarm server text:
Authentication Failure	0	INFORMATIONAL	OPERATIONAL	01/01/00 21:05:08
206.40.97.218	12/31/69 16:00:01		10005
Authentication Failure	0	INFORMATIONAL	OPERATIONAL	01/01/00 21:04:43
206.40.97.218	12/31/69 16:00:01		10005
6; Yellow Alarm (remote OOF) cleared on Slot 12, DS1 Channel 1	0
INFORMATIONAL	OPERATIONAL	01/01/00 19:42:25	206.40.97.218	01/01/00 11:46:24
429050
5; Watchdog Timeout in Slot 12, Channel 0	0	MAJOR	NONOPERATIONAL	01/01/00
19:42:12	206.40.97.218	01/01/00 11:46:11		429007
4; Yellow Alarm (remote OOF) on Slot 12, DS1 Channel 1	0	INFORMATIONAL
OPERATIONAL	01/01/00 19:41:58	206.40.97.218	01/01/00 11:45:57		429022
3; Management Bus Failure in Slot 12, Channel 1	0	MAJOR	NONOPERATIONAL
01/01/00 19:39:26	206.40.97.218	01/01/00 11:43:25		429008
2; Watchdog Timeout in Slot 6, Channel 0	0	MAJOR	NONOPERATIONAL	01/01/00
17:33:48	206.40.97.218	01/01/00 09:37:47		429007
1; Management Bus Failure in Slot 6, Channel 1	0	MAJOR	NONOPERATIONAL
01/01/00 17:42:59	206.40.97.218	01/01/00 09:37:43		429008
Authentication Failure	0	INFORMATIONAL	OPERATIONAL	01/01/00 16:13:19
206.40.97.218	12/31/69 16:00:01		10005
Warm Start	1	INFORMATIONAL	OPERATIONAL	12/29/99 18:03:44	206.40.97.219
12/31/69 16:00:01	12/29/99 18:26:15	10002
3; Yellow Alarm (remote OOF) cleared on Slot 1, DS1 Channel 1	1
INFORMATIONAL	OPERATIONAL	12/29/99 16:44:06	206.40.97.219	04/27/29 04:14:35
12/29/99 16:44:12	429050
2; Watchdog Timeout in Slot 1, Channel 0	1	MAJOR	NONOPERATIONAL	12/29/99
16:43:50	206.40.97.219	04/27/29 04:14:19	12/29/99 16:44:12	429007
1; Management Bus Failure in Slot 1, Channel 1	1	MAJOR	NONOPERATIONAL
12/29/99 16:41:28	206.40.97.219	04/27/29 04:11:54	12/29/99 16:42:48	429008

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.