Subject: [USR-TC] Problems validating with a PDC

From: "Ungo, Carlos E." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 22:22:46 +0000

Users cannot authenticate with the 3Com Security Radius Server. Every time a
user want to login it receives a message saying that it does not belong to
that domain.
 
****************************************************************************
La informacion en este correo electrónico es confidencial y puede estar
legalmente protegida.  El contenido está dirigido solamente al destinatario.
Cualquier acceso al mismo por otra persona, no está autorizado.  Si Ud. no
es el destinatario intencionado, cualquier divulgación, copia, distribución
o cualquier otra acción tomada u omitida concerniente a la información
contenida en el mismo, está prohibida y puede ser ilegal.
Si Ud. ha recibido este correo por error, por favor contactar al remitente o
elimine el mensaje.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged.
It is intended solely for the addressee.  Access to this email by anyone
else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance
on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
If you have received this mail in error, please contact the sender or delete
the message.
****************************************************************************

---

From: RG <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2002 18:17:34 +0000

Well, the week of the 25th is over, is the V.92 code available?
Anyone using it?

>From www.modemsite.com/56k/v92s.asp :
"25-Feb-02 - Cisco's V.92 with PCM Upstream - The latest word on PCM
upstream for ISPs using Cisco 5350, 5400, or 5850 RAS with NextPort modems
is now sometime in the second half of this year: July-Dec '02. (The target
was originally by Sep '01 - see 8-Dec-00 and 14-April-01 updates below. This
item corrected on 1-Mar-02 to change Cisco 5300 to 5350: the 5300 will not
provide PCM upstream support.)

Meanwhile, 3Com's Commworks is supposed to have V.92 code with PCM available
for ISPs to download this week. My guess is any ISP who actually tries to
use this, and expects no problems, will get a quick wake-up call (that is,
if he can put his modem-on-hold)."

Aloha,
Richard Gamberg, Publisher
www.modemsite.com

---

From: RG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 17:10:49 +0000

Unconfirmed info supplied to me:

The very latest Commworks "V.92" firmware has an upstream PCM speed limit of
33,333;
The handshake is approx. 7 seconds longer than V.90 (hello QUICK-CONNECT???)
Connecting in PCM upstream at all is not possible on many lines....

Can anyone here help CONFIRM or DENY the above????????

Has it been 'officially' released as Mr. Goodman & others indicated it would
be last week?

Am I still on this list?

Anyone like to SUPPORT Modemsite? : www.modemsite.com/56k/subscribe.htm

No marketing, just the facts please, and
Aloha,
v.Richard
www.modemsite.com

---

From: Wayne Barber <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 17:56:19 +0000

I can't speak to any of the problems, but it does look like TCS 4.5 has been 
released and you are still on the list. I cannot try the software, since our 1-
year contract (during which 3Com missed two of their own deadlines) expired 
about a month ago.
Yes, we will probably get the software at some point, but I'll be just as glad to 
let someone else beta test it.

On 4 Mar 2002 at 7:10, RG wrote:

> The very latest Commworks "V.92" firmware has an upstream PCM speed
> limit of 33,333; The handshake is approx. 7 seconds longer than V.90
> (hello QUICK-CONNECT???) Connecting in PCM upstream at all is not
> possible on many lines....
> 
> Has it been 'officially' released as Mr. Goodman & others indicated it
> would be last week?
> 
> Am I still on this list?
> 

Wayne Barber
Coastal Telco Services

---

From: Marshall Morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 20:38:17 +0000

I am sure if you purchased the software based on the fact that the v92 code
was going to be out and in your hands during the contract period, they would
offer you the code (due to it being late through no fault of your own).  Try
it - I am sure someone will agree with your point.

Marshall Morgan

Internet Doorway, Inc (aka NETDOOR)
http://www.netdoor.com

601.969.1434 x28 | 800.952.1570 x28 | 601.969.3629 x28 | Fax 601.969.3838
----- Original Message -----
From: "Wayne Barber" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, March 04, 2002 11:56 AM
Subject: Re: [USR-TC] V.92?

> _______________________________________________
> USR-TC mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/usr-tc
>
>

---

From: Stephen Amadei <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 01:18:30 +0000

> Well, the week of the 25th is over, is the V.92 code available?

It was available the 27th, the files dated 2-26-02.

> Anyone using it?

Oh, it's _wonderful_.  Our modems are running like T-1s and everybody is
happy and smiling and sending flowers to our office.  La-la-la-la--laaaa.

Seriously, it's actually running pretty good.  Our experience with TCS4.3
was bad, with high customer complaints.  After flashing to 4.5, we could
see immediate speed increases across the board... with simple V.90.  We
only did limited V.92 testing.

The bad thing is several of our boards didn't care for the upgrade, and we
will need to drive around manually resetting a few.  We'll see if our good
results hold up at our other POPs... and over time.

					----Steve
Stephen Amadei
Dandy.NET!  CTO
Atlantic City, NJ

---

From: Stephen Amadei <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 01:31:05 +0000

> The very latest Commworks "V.92" firmware has an upstream PCM speed limit of

I can't confirm or deny this.

> Connecting in PCM upstream at all is not possible on many lines....

We didn't time this stuff, but the general conscensus around the office
was that the V.92 3Com/USR modem handshook faster than the same modem with
V.90 mode only.  We're doing alot of testing due to some other problems,
so I may have better info later...

> Has it been 'officially' released as Mr. Goodman & others indicated it would

Yep.  They promised end of Feb, and beat it by one day (or two, but I
didn't see it on the 26th)  But we haven't forgotten that the code was
originally promised for last Oct.

> Am I still on this list?

I read your message... you must be.  The list has been very quite
lately... except for squabbling that won't be solved until we take our
money and start purchasing other vendor's equipment.  ;-)

					----Steve
Stephen Amadei
Dandy.NET!  CTO
Atlantic City, NJ