Subject: (usr-tc) Can't see TC NMC since changing subnets

From: Harry Landers <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 00:50:56 +0000

We recently put all our in-house systems on a different subnet from the TC
and now we can't see the NMC card on our chassis using the Total Control
Manager nor can we ping it.  The NMC and the NetServer PRI cards are on
consecutive IP addresses on the same subnet and we can ping the PRI card and
telnet into it with no problems from the in-house systems.  Anybody run into
this before?  We don't want our in-house systems on the same subnet as our
dialin chassis.

thanks

===============================================================
Harry Landers, President
Panda Communications LLC 185 Walnut Avenue Santa Cruz CA  95060
Home of CRUZERS 831-457-CRUZ (2789) fax 831-457-056k

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Clayton Zekelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 01:11:16 +0000

Umm, did you set a default gateway on the NMC?

>this before?  We don't want our in-house systems on the same subnet as our
---
Clayton Zekelman
Managed Network Systems Inc. (MNSi)
875 Ouellette Avenue
Windsor, Ontario
N9A 4J6

tel. 519-985-8410
fax. 519-258-3009

-