Subject: (usr-tc) OSPF problems

From: Charles Sprickman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 01:16:29 +0000

Hi,

I'm running ARC 4.2.32, and need to set up a very simple ospf setup for
static IP customers.  The other end is a cisco router.

Doing a debug on the cisco shows me this:

OSPF: Hello from 216.223.208.3 with mismatched Stub/Transit area option
bit
OSPF: Send with youngest Key 2
OSPF: Hello from 216.223.208.3 with mismatched Stub/Transit area option
bit
OSPF: Send with youngest Key 2

Eh?

Any ideas?  Is OSPF broken or can I not make the USR a stub?

Charles

| Charles Sprickman                  | Internet Channel
| INCH System Administration Team    | (212)243-5200
| [email-masked]                     | [email-masked]

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Charles Sprickman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 02:02:58 +0000

Hi,

OK, got that part fixed.  No nssa on USR.

Now I'm lost on this "sendpolicy" command.  I've added a full /24 that
holds static IP users, and tried a single host route for a test account.
Neither shows up in the cisco's ospf db.  I don't think the USR is
advertising this...

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Charles

-

---

From: Mike Greene <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 02:26:19 +0000

>Neither shows up in the cisco's ospf db.  I don't think the USR is

Charles,

This is from memory and was done a LONG time ago, but I think the command I 
used was as follows:

add ospf sendpolicy xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/29 source local action advertise

This was for a small subnet, I don't believe I ever had to enter anything 
for static IP customers, nor the fulll class C for dynamic dial-up.  One 
thing that that I recall was there were 3 options for the "source" only one 
would work correctly.  Incidentally this had to be done via the CLI, the 
GUI just messed things up and wasn't very reliable.

The OSPF configuration for the HARC is a long convoluted mess and took me 
several tries over the period of about a year to finally get it to function 
correctly (which even today is suspect).

- Mike

------------------------------------------------
Rock Island Communications, Inc.  (360)-378-5884
http://www.rockisland.com/  San Juan Islands, WA
------------------------------------------------

-

---

From: Charles Sprickman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 03:55:40 +0000

> add ospf sendpolicy xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/29 source local action advertise

I have that, I'm unclear on what the difference is between source "local"
and "remote".  Remote seems to connotate a route learned from a dialup
user's router, or a subnet routed to a dialup user.  The docs don't
elablorate on that.

> GUI just messed things up and wasn't very reliable.

Yep, doing the cli here.  I searched my own limited archives of this list
and found some notes regarding routing a subnet to a customer.  In that
scenario, the arc must be an ASBR.  I've made it one for good measure :)

But it's not even advertising HOST routes!

The cisco and the arc do see each other as neighbors, and their are some
routes hitting the arc FROM the cisco, but not vice-versa.  Not a one.

> correctly (which even today is suspect).

It took me more than a year to decide to jump in and attack it.  Now I
know why I waited...  Hey, there's always RIP redistributed into OSPF on
the cisco ;)

Thanks,

Charles

-