Subject: (usr-tc) !Root Password question and version info

From: Rob <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 15:27:05 +0000

In the course of reorganizing our POP, we have cleverly mixed up all the TC
boxes and lost the !root passwords. Our goal is to reset the passwords on
the units without erasing the other flashed configuration information (v90)
and to pull the v34 units from service. My questions then are:

(1) Will enabling Dip Switch 5 erase our v90 flash as well as reset the
password (obviously not what we want)? If so, is there another way to reset
the !root password (maybe using the adm account?) without losing our v90
flash?
(2) Short of reconnecting the entire unit, is there a way to determine if
the unit is v90 flashed or just v34 (like a version number, maybe?)?

Thanks - in advance - for any help.

Rob

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.