Subject: (usr-tc) clean up processes on HARC

From: "Stainforth, Matthew" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 23:04:22 +0000

How does one clean up old stale processes on the HARC?  Something is
preventing me from doing:

 Enter the user name to monitor below:
     Press Escape to return to the previous screen.
     Press Enter/Return to enter the name.

 User Name: [xyzzy                        ]
 Monitoring user xyzzy.

 Some other process is tracing the user "xyzzy".
 Only one process may trace a user at a time.

I think there is a stale process causing this...a list proc shows:

2b2001    CLI                           Application    Inactive      
2d2007    CLI 2d2007                    Application    Inactive
2e2008    CLI 2e2008                    Application    Inactive
2f2014    CLI 2f2014                    Application    Inactive
30200c    CLI 30200c                    Application    Inactive
312004    CLI 312004                    Application    Inactive
322003    CLI 322003                    Application    Inactive
332008    PPP Monitor 332008            Application    Inactive

among other things.  Is there any way to clean this up aside from rebooting
the whole HARC?  It's V4.1.59-6 if that makes any difference. 

Matthew Stainforth  ||  Technical Services Manager ||  BrunNet Inc.

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Mike Wronski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 23:20:40 +0000

|-----Original Message-----
|From: [email-masked]
|[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Stainforth, Matthew
|Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 1999 2:59 PM
|To: [email-masked]'
|Subject: (usr-tc) clean up processes on HARC
|
|
|
|How does one clean up old stale processes on the HARC?  Something is
|preventing me from doing:
|
| Enter the user name to monitor below:
|     Press Escape to return to the previous screen.
|     Press Enter/Return to enter the name.
|
| User Name: [xyzzy                        ]
| Monitoring user xyzzy.
|
| Some other process is tracing the user "xyzzy".
| Only one process may trace a user at a time.
|
|I think there is a stale process causing this...a list proc shows:
|
|2b2001    CLI                           Application    Inactive
|2d2007    CLI 2d2007                    Application    Inactive
|2e2008    CLI 2e2008                    Application    Inactive
|2f2014    CLI 2f2014                    Application    Inactive
|30200c    CLI 30200c                    Application    Inactive
|312004    CLI 312004                    Application    Inactive
|322003    CLI 322003                    Application    Inactive
|332008    PPP Monitor 332008            Application    Inactive
|

try "KILL \"PPP Monitor 332008\"".. Your milage may vary.. Are you sure you
dont have an other open telnet session that still has the PPP monitor
running.. I see alot of CLI processes..

-M

-