Subject: Re: (usr-tc) DATA STOPS

From: Greg Coffey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 19:06:08 +0000

We are seeing the same thing and have all the sudden been flooded with 
subscribers complaining about frequent disconnects and having to dial many 
times to connect successfully.

At 11:18 AM 11/23/99 -0500, you wrote:

>         We are seeing times when a user is connected and all of a sudden
>they loose the ability to navigate or pull email...  The connection is
>stil up, but it appears that no data is being TX/RX?   Is there something
>in the DSP/quads that can cause this timeout?  Is this a function of
>MTU/MSS?   Or is it the fact that the HIPER ARC can't keep up with the
>requests?
>
>    Would routing protocols help this?  Right now we run a network on a
>single class C with 180 dialup IPs in the modem pools.  3 HUB, two run
>quads, the othe has 3 DSPs  all running HARCs and latest TC3.6 code.
>
>   We are starting to get a lot of TIMEOUTS, the connection is never
>dropped, but the modem quits responding for a time.  If left alone it will
>come back to life.
>
>   Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks in advance!
>
>==============================================================================
>Phillip Ferraro                         WorldNet Access, Inc
>[email-masked]        Onslow County's PREMIER InterNet Service
>Voice (910) 346-0835                824 Gumbranch Square, Suite R3
>FAX   (910) 455-1933                 Jacksonville, Nc  28540-6269
>==============================================================================
>
>
>
>-
>  To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
>  with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
>  For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
>  "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

Thanks, Greg Coffey                     <[email-masked]>
Visionary Communications V 307-234-5443 F 307-234-5446
100 N. Center #100, Casper, WY  82601        www.vcn.com

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.