Subject: [USR-TC] Modem slot and Channels seem to be off by 1.

From: Cyrus Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 20:58:47 +0000

DS0-1 --> 1/1 end up on slot 2/1

Is this right? shouldn't my modems start in slot 2 and slot 1 should
have "-"'s
does anyone know what's wrong.

Command> show modem
Starting Slot: 2

 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10  11  12  13  14  15  16
--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
S1  S5  S9  S13 S17 S21 S25 S29 S33 S37 S41 S45  -   -   -   -
S2  S6  S10 S14 S18 S22 S26 S30 S34 S38 S42 S46  -   -   -   -
S3  S7  S11 S15 S19 S23 S27 S31 S35 S39 S43 S47  -   -   -   -
S4  S8  S12 S16 S20 S24 S28 S32 S36 S40 S44 S48  -   -   -   -

I can't use for first slot (S1-S4) of modems. and the second span starts
at S29

I do not have TCM Please can anyone help!   Thank you!
Cyrus.

---

From: Antonio Querubin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 18:16:26 +0000

> does anyone know what's wrong.

That's correct, the first modem when using quad modem cards will S5 and
the rest are numbered sequentially.

---

From: Cyrus Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 15:13:04 +0000

Antonio Querubin wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> USR-TC mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/usr-tc

span 1 the first quad is unusable (off-line) and on my span 2 the last
modem is unusable. only giving me 5 quads, thjs is my real problem.

Is it channel mapping, or nmc config problem?

Help...    Thank you!
Cyrus

---

From: Antonio Querubin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 22:25:27 +0000

> Is it channel mapping, or nmc config problem?

On your netserver did you do a:

set modem s5-s52 active

---

From: Cyrus Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 04:56:35 +0000

> On your netserver did you do a:

Yes all modems are active and treated the same,  but I should note S1 - S48
this is a channlized T1. S1-S4
I am only getting 20 modems (5) quads per span (s1-s4) inactive and span 2
starts at S28. S24-S8 are ok just
that I can't use them. I included my channel mapping.

example of modem status:
S1   A I P on  -                Netwrk   IDLE                 0
0    0
S2   A I P on  -                Netwrk   IDLE                 0
0    0
S3   A I P on  -                Netwrk   IDLE                 0
0    0
S4   A I P on  -                Netwrk   IDLE                 0
0    0
S5   A R P on  -                Netwrk   IDLE                 0
10    0

Channel mapping on NAC:

T1 Span Line 2 DS0/Modem Status

 DS0 DS0          Modem        Slot/   DS0 DS0          Modem        SLOT/
     Status       Status       Chan        Status       Status       chan

 1   IDLE         IDLE         8\1     13  CONNECT-IN   CONNECT-IN   11\1
 2   CONNECT-IN   CONNECT-IN   8\2     14  IDLE         IDLE         11\2
 3   IDLE         IDLE         8\3     15  IDLE         IDLE         11\3
 4   IDLE         IDLE         8\4     16  CONNECT-IN   CONNECT-IN   11\4
 5   IDLE         IDLE         9\1     17  IDLE         IDLE         12\1
 6   CONNECT-IN   CONNECT-IN   9\2     18  IDLE         IDLE         12\2
 7   IDLE         IDLE         9\3     19  IDLE         IDLE         12\3
 8   IDLE         IDLE         9\4     20  IDLE         IDLE         12\4
 9   CONNECT-IN   CONNECT-IN   10\1    21  CALL-IGNORE  BUSY-OUT     13\1
 10  CONNECT-IN   CONNECT-IN   10\2    22  CALL-IGNORE  BUSY-OUT     13\2
 11  IDLE         IDLE         10\3    23  CALL-IGNORE  BUSY-OUT     13\3
 12  IDLE         IDLE         10\4    24  CALL-IGNORE  BUSY-OUT     13\4