Subject: [USR-TC] Help with interpreting fault code.

From: Jon Cloud <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 19:36:07 +0000

Hello all, this is my first post to the group so if I'm skipping any
procedural steps or conventions, I apologize. My boss has asked me to
look at some usr-tc gear that we know does not work and try to fix it or
determine if it is really dead. Unfortunately I was thrown into the
project and my background in usr-tc is a limiting factor. I was hoping
people could look at the area code below and give any pointers as to
where I should start looking.  I'm currently working with a Hiper DSP
card and when I boot it up I get the following text from the console
(copy/pasted):
!!----------> SDL2 for the PPC403 <------------!!

__ Enter Download Trigger __

 Flash Image Has Valid CRC, Loading Image....

 Diagnostic Power-Up Failure

 Manufacturing Info -> 1AAA13M0
           Mode/Env -> 1/0
         Fault Code -> 0-5-3-1
      Expected Data -> 00000000
      Received Data -> 00000800
       Text Message -> Data Path Test Failure

---------[end of copy/paste]--------

  Unfortunately I couldn't find anything at 3COM's knowledge which
seemed relevant. My office does not have any documentation what so ever
on our usr-tc equipment. Various searches on Google didn't bring
anything up, and searching the list's 17 Megabyte archive file came up
empty. Another employee before me had tried to flash the ROM and reflash
it (using: HD020019.DMF) but the error remained.  Has anyone run into
this error before, can what worked for you or was it dead? If not, does
anyone have any good resources or links they can suggest I look at for
this problem?

Thanks.

Jon Cloud.

---

From: Todd Bertolozzi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 14:53:03 +0000

I've gotten this error among others on DSP's before. Pretty much they're
dead and need to be replaced. I have never been able to get them to come
back to life.

Todd

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Jon Cloud
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2002 3:40 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [USR-TC] Help with interpreting fault code.

Thanks.

Jon Cloud.

_______________________________________________
USR-TC mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/usr-tc