Subject: (usr-tc) Is there a way to not accept anonymous calls?

From: Jaye Mathisen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 00:01:04 +0000

Is there any way to configure a PRI (on the Netserver PRI, or the DSP), to
not accept a call w/o caller-ID info?

If it's just not available because of equipment, that's fine, but if the
caller is specifically blocking the c-id, then I want to not accept the
call on the rack...

Is this doable?

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Veda Narayan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 17:42:56 +0000

> caller is specifically blocking the c-id, then I want to not accept the

Can be done several ways.  Using Radius - You can tell radius to expect certain 
number of digits to validate the user by checking ani.

There is configuration on the hiper arc when you can force the hiper arc to 
check for the ani/dnis (not really sure how to configure - need to look at the 
manual)  but you can tell the hiper arc to do pre-auth on ani/dnis

You can also tell the DSP - set it to dtfm - check for address and program it 
for checking the amount ani digits the telco provides.  

-V

>  "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

===========

-V

==========

-

---

From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 21:31:20 +0000

Also sprach Veda Narayan
>> Is there any way to configure a PRI (on the Netserver PRI, or the
>> DSP), to not accept a call w/o caller-ID info?

>> If it's just not available because of equipment, that's fine, but if
>> the caller is specifically blocking the c-id, then I want to not
>> accept the call on the rack...

>Can be done several ways.  Using Radius - You can tell radius to expect
>certain number of digits to validate the user by checking ani.

>There is configuration on the hiper arc when you can force the hiper
>arc to check for the ani/dnis (not really sure how to configure - need
>to look at the manual)  but you can tell the hiper arc to do pre-auth
>on ani/dnis

>You can also tell the DSP - set it to dtfm - check for address and
>program it for checking the amount ani digits the telco provides.  

Yeah, but from what I've seen, you can't distinguish between callerid
blocking (note, its really caller id, not ANI) and just plain
non-existence, which is what the question really was I believe.  ie, if
I'm calling from my work PBX, it doesn't have the ability to encode
callerid information into the call request (at least the way we have it
set up...I think the equipment is capable of it), that's different from
someone dialing a *xx before they dial to block the callerid
information.
-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456

-

---

From: Jaye Mathisen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 01:44:42 +0000

THis is exactly what I mean.  I guess I can go back to our switch and pull
the CDR's and figure it out, but it would just be easier to do it at the
3com.

Wasn't sure if there was a difference in signalling between the CID stuff
not being available and the CID stuff being specifically blocked.

-