Subject: (usr-tc) Another dead ISDN link

From: K Mitchell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 11:18:54 +0000

ISDN connection with a Cisco 804 on a static IP address. He has the IP
assigned to him, but the connection can't seem to pass any traffic.
Terminated the connection and reconnected, still nothing. Actually there is
traffic on the line per MON PPP, but pings aren't going either way and the
customer claims to be unable to pass any http traffic either.
  Running
DSP 1.2.60
ARC 4.1.59-6

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Kirk

-- 
Kirk Mitchell-General Manager        [email-masked]
Keystone Connect                     Unlock Your World
Altoona, PA   814-941-5000      http://www.keyconn.net

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.

---

From: Jeff Mcadams <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 11:27:13 +0000

Thus spake K Mitchell
>customer claims to be unable to pass any http traffic either.

I'm curious what mon ppp is showing....care to paste some of it?  Don't
know if it'll help, but I'd be curious as to what's there.
-- 
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email-masked]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456

-

---

From: K Mitchell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 11:50:56 +0000

>know if it'll help, but I'd be curious as to what's there.

Happy to if it'll help  :)

Decode tracing started, press ESCAPE to stop; press X for hex tracing.

Incoming PPP Data on interface: slot:1/mod:11
    LCP        ECHO_REQ          6b 76 33 95 00 00 00 00 cc ab 1f 7c

Outgoing PPP Data on interface: slot:1/mod:11
    LCP        ECHO_RPLY         66 f8 8c 7d 00 00 00 00

Incoming PPP Data on interface: slot:1/mod:11
    LCP        ECHO_REQ          6b 76 33 95 00 00 00 00 cc ab 1f 96

Outgoing PPP Data on interface: slot:1/mod:11
    LCP        ECHO_RPLY         66 f8 8c 7d 00 00 00 00
Tracing changed to hex dumps; press Escape to stop; press D for decode
tracing.

Incoming PPP Data on interface: slot:1/mod:11
    ff 03 c0 21 09 18 00 0c 6b 76 33 95 00 00 00 00 |   !    kv3     |

Outgoing PPP Data on interface: slot:1/mod:11
    ff 03 c0 21 0a 18 00 0c 66 f8 8c 7d 00 00 00 00 |   !    f  }    |

Incoming PPP Data on interface: slot:1/mod:11
    ff 03 00 21 45 00 02 1c 73 9e 00 00 7f 11 74 4b |   !E   s     tK|
    cc ab 1f c9 01 02 64 71 0b fd 0b fd 02 08 6d dc |      dq      m |
    fe 00 23 31 37 32 2e 31 36 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |  #172.16       |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 31 37 32 2e 31 36 2e 31 2e 31 30 00 00 |   172.16.1.10  |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 33 30 36 39 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |   3069         |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |

Outgoing PPP Data on interface: slot:1/mod:11
    ff 03 00 21 45 00 00 38 1f 41 00 00 fc 01 6b bf |   !E  8 A    k |
    82 5e c4 f1 cc ab 1f c9 03 01 75 20 00 00 00 00 | ^        u     |
    45 00 02 1c 73 9e 00 00 7b 11 78 4b cc ab 1f c9 |E   s   { xK    |
    01 02 64 71 0b fd 0b fd 02 08 6d dc             |  dq      m     |

Incoming PPP Data on interface: slot:1/mod:11
    ff 03 c0 21 09 19 00 0c 6b 76 33 95 00 00 00 00 |   !    kv3     |

Outgoing PPP Data on interface: slot:1/mod:11
    ff 03 c0 21 0a 19 00 0c 66 f8 8c 7d 00 00 00 00 |   !    f  }    |

Tracing stopped, Return/Enter to re-start, ESCAPE to quit.
Hex tracing started, press ESCAPE to stop; press D for decode tracing.

Outgoing PPP Data on interface: slot:1/mod:11
    ff 03 00 21 45 00 00 4c e2 7f 00 00 7f 01 81 06 |   !E  L        |
    cc ab 1f 0b cc ab 1f c9 08 00 eb ff 01 00 0b 00 |                |
    aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa |                |
    aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa |                |
    aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa |                |

Incoming PPP Data on interface: slot:1/mod:11
    ff 03 c0 21 09 1b 00 0c 6b 76 33 95 00 00 00 00 |   !    kv3     |

Outgoing PPP Data on interface: slot:1/mod:11
    ff 03 c0 21 0a 1b 00 0c 66 f8 8c 7d 00 00 00 00 |   !    f  }    |

Outgoing PPP Data on interface: slot:1/mod:11
    ff 03 00 21 45 00 00 4c 05 80 00 00 7f 01 5e 06 |   !E  L      ^ |
    cc ab 1f 0b cc ab 1f c9 08 00 ea ff 01 00 0c 00 |                |
    aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa |                |
    aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa |                |
    aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa |                |

Tracing stopped, Return/Enter to re-start, ESCAPE to quit.
Hex tracing started, press ESCAPE to stop; press D for decode tracing.

Outgoing PPP Data on interface: slot:1/mod:11
    ff 03 00 21 45 00 00 4c 08 80 00 00 7f 01 5b 06 |   !E  L      [ |
    cc ab 1f 0b cc ab 1f c9 08 00 e7 ff 01 00 0f 00 |                |
    aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa |                |
    aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa |                |
    aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa |                |

Incoming PPP Data on interface: slot:1/mod:11
    ff 03 c0 21 09 1d 00 0c 6b 76 33 95 00 00 00 00 |   !    kv3     |

Outgoing PPP Data on interface: slot:1/mod:11
    ff 03 c0 21 0a 1d 00 0c 66 f8 8c 7d 00 00 00 00 |   !    f  }    |

Outgoing PPP Data on interface: slot:1/mod:11
    ff 03 00 21 45 00 00 4c 09 80 00 00 7f 01 5a 06 |   !E  L      Z |
    cc ab 1f 0b cc ab 1f c9 08 00 e6 ff 01 00 10 00 |                |
    aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa |                |
    aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa |                |
    aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa |                |

Incoming PPP Data on interface: slot:1/mod:11
    ff 03 00 21 45 00 02 1c 03 9f 00 00 7f 11 e4 4a |   !E          J|
    cc ab 1f c9 01 02 64 71 0b fd 0b fd 02 08 6d dc |      dq      m |
    fe 00 23 31 37 32 2e 31 36 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |  #172.16       |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 31 37 32 2e 31 36 2e 31 2e 31 30 00 00 |   172.16.1.10  |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 33 30 36 39 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |   3069         |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |                |

Outgoing PPP Data on interface: slot:1/mod:11
    ff 03 00 21 45 00 00 38 20 d8 00 00 fc 01 6a 28 |   !E  8      j(|
    82 5e c4 f1 cc ab 1f c9 03 01 75 20 00 00 00 00 | ^        u     |
    45 00 02 1c 03 9f 00 00 7b 11 e8 4a cc ab 1f c9 |E       {  J    |
    01 02 64 71 0b fd 0b fd 02 08 6d dc             |  dq      m     |

-

---

From: K Mitchell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 13:33:03 +0000

>customer claims to be unable to pass any http traffic either.

  After an hour on the phone with 3Com support yesterday, this appears to
be a Cisco issue, not the HiPer. Anybody familiar with Cisco 804
configuration know what might be causing this?
  Another weird part of it...Pings won't go either way through the
connection, but traceroutes work fine.

Thanks,
Kirk

-

---

From: Sam Lowe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 14:27:26 +0000

Kirk,

If you'll send me the running-config (sh ru from #prompt) and I'll see if I
can help you.  If might be that you have and access or deny list configured
incorrectly.  It does not sound like a TC problem to me either.

Samuel S. Lowe
Director, Data Services
UniversalCom, Inc.
[email-masked]

----- Original Message -----
From: K Mitchell <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, August 20, 1999 6:16 AM
Subject: Re: (usr-tc) Another dead ISDN link

-

---

From: K Mitchell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 16:59:40 +0000

>incorrectly.  It does not sound like a TC problem to me either.

  I don't have access to the unit, but just talked to the customer and it's
working now. It appears that the Cisco had reverted to an incorrect switch
type and SPID on it's own. They reloaded the config, saved, and
reconnected...working fine now.
  Nobody should have had access to it to make any changes, but the tech
cabn't be sure as he's offsite, so we're monitoring the connection for
further problems. Do you happen to have an IOD that I could use to point
mrtg at it from this end?

Thanks,
Kirk

-