Subject: (usr-tc) GTD5 NFAS and Dual Pri Card

From: USRobotics TC Mailing List <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 00:23:19 +0000

I have a TC Chassis with a Dual Pri Card (3.1.5), 12 A/D Quad's (6.1.6), NSC
(3.8.1) & NMC (6.1.17).

This chassis was originally setup and working on a DMS100 switch, but I've
since moved it to another location which employs a GTD5 switch, same Telco.
The new location only has one PRI, and I have it plugged into the first
Port.  All lights on the chassis are green.

The chassis is not answering and only returning a busy signal, not a fast
busy, but a normal busy.  The Telco is reporting that they are receiving a
"D channel protocol error."

I have the following set

Framing - ds1ESF
Line Coding - b8zs
Switch Type - 5ESS

I have also double checked that the A/D's are setup for PRI.

The Telco is suggesting that I turn off NFAS, but I'm not quite sure how to
do that or if that would even fix the problem.  I've also searched through
the 3Com Knowledge Base, List Archive, TC Newsgroup and the net itself.
Nothing yet.

Any help most appreciated.

-
 To unsubscribe to usr-tc, send an email to "[email-masked]"
 with "unsubscribe usr-tc" in the body of the message.
 For information on digests or retrieving files and old messages send
 "help" to the same address.  Do not use quotes in your message.